Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
If I did a VLP it would definitely be subs, but only for the reason that I hate my own voice and could never edit anything featuring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

If I did a VLP it would definitely be subs, but only for the reason that I hate my own voice and could never edit anything featuring it.

I hate my own voice too but I want to share the chance for everyone to hate it too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just hire an actor to dub over all your words

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Recording and editing video of gaming sessions with goons have alleviated my hate of my own voice somewhat. My biggest issue is that I'm kinda boring so I'd struggle with commentary, even with footnotes to go by.
But then I was definitely guilty of reacting to what happened in my videos in the past.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hwurmp posted:

just hire an actor to dub over all your words

Record the video with commentary, have a robot transcribe the track, throw the transcription into the TikTok lady voice, bam, you're all good.

code:

War! War has changed!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

claw game handjob posted:

Record the video with commentary, have a robot transcribe the track, throw the transcription into the TikTok lady voice, bam, you're all good.

Hmmm yes I see where you're going with this. Maybe we can put a thousand year old baby dragon anime girl in the corner too

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Leal posted:

Hmmm yes I see where you're going with this. Maybe we can put a thousand year old baby dragon anime girl in the corner too

You don't get to hurl this joke at me right after I start playing the awful Neptunia vtuber game.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

You don't get to hurl this joke at me right after I start playing the awful Neptunia vtuber game.
Oh, do you want his legacy of Nep when he dies then? Because I sure don't want it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
When the big C gets me someone will inherit the nep games in my steam library (The "C" stands for "Co-commentator")

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

NGDBSS posted:

Oh, do you want his legacy of Nep when he dies then? Because I sure don't want it.

I'm already damned to this fate.

(Also a recurring joke in my own LPs is that if I'm ever the one behind the controller, we're doing a Nep spinoff, something my co-commentator vehemently refuses.)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Danaru posted:

I hit record and then my husband and I talk about poo poo like unbirthing and rebirthing a plate of Kraft dinner and for some reason people watch that

That's my entire workflow

I ripped you off and did the same thing, except also making GBS threads on the lawns of my high school bullies. Then my capture device died, and real life stress and poo poo made me go gently caress that.

Maybe I should restart that

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'm already damned to this fate.

(Also a recurring joke in my own LPs is that if I'm ever the one behind the controller, we're doing a Nep spinoff, something my co-commentator vehemently refuses.)
There's always the curveball option, recreating Nep in Code Vein and playing that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NGDBSS posted:

smh at all this nepotism

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Leal posted:

When the big C gets me someone will inherit the nep games in my steam library (The "C" stands for "Co-commentator")

I will refuse all calls from your lawyer after your death if you do this to me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I will refuse all calls from your lawyer after your death if you do this to me.

Solid plan.

Private Message to Leal. Do not read if you are not Leal!

Don't worry. I'll let your lawyer use my phone to call ibblebibble.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean, our great mod Danaru and Grace have fantastic chemistry (no poo poo) and I find their LPs endlessly entertaining and funny

sounds like we have a new mod called "Danaru and Grace"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

sounds like we have a new mod called "Danaru and Grace"

Ban Dan for account sharing!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Like other people, I saw Slowbeef's post on Twitter some days ago and decided to come back here (I still check the forums every now and then but rarely post). I remember liking thedarkid's RE4/CT3 LP's from back in the day just fine. After that, I largely forgot about him except for seeing people retweet him many years later and then following him until he locked and eventually deleted his account. People here and the other drama thread asked how anyone could believe what he said, but it seems like the truly insane nonsense was mostly relegated to his Discord. All I recall from a handful of his social media posts were him being ex-military, his daughter dying, his substance abuse problems and some drama that made him lock his account and quit Twitter. All of which sounded believable enough, none of the best asian friend/orphan rescuing/pmc antifa ubersoldat tales (though maybe I just missed those). If that one old twitter callout account from supposedly his brother saying that he is actually a NEET in his 30s who lives with his father is legit then that would explain a lot of things and also make me wonder, like a bunch of his stories involving him beating the poo poo out of abusive fathers. I sure hope the cat strangling thing isn't true though!
Back in 2006 I made an screenshot LP for The Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay back before the LP subforum was even a thing, I truly missed the chance to make up some bullshit and get my own crew of deluded followers.

Either way: lol. lmao.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

JordanKai posted:

Up until a few months ago, I thought Dark Id was some kind of private security contractor. I remember briefly following him on Twitter until he started sounding awfully gleeful at the idea of killing Brazilians while he was (supposedly) doing security work during the Rio Olympics. I thought that was very creepy and promptly unfollowed him.

The idea of an LP goon working as security detail didn't seem like it was outside the realm of possibilities to me. I only very recently heard about his unhinged lie of being an international man of mystery with a hot assassin wife. I can't believe he's managed to fool a Discord server full of people with his hogwash, and I hope they all see the light soon.

I had a similar experience. His Resident Evil LPs got me into LPs, and so a few years ago I put a couple bucks into his patreon and joined the discord (probably around the time where the lowtax business came out and everyone was fleeing SA like a sinking ship). At some point, I got around to actually reading it and he was talking about killing someone in a vaguely justifiable context (something like they were nazis intimidating people or something? It was a while ago) and I went "either this is a weird, creepy fantasy lie, or he's telling the truth and talking about committing murder in a discord and people are cheering him on" and either option creeped me the gently caress out so I unsubbed the patreon and left the discord. And then this all came out I find out that I dodged a bullet by never getting invested in that community.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

At some point, I got around to actually reading it and he was talking about killing someone in a vaguely justifiable context (something like they were nazis intimidating people or something? It was a while ago) and I went "either this is a weird, creepy fantasy lie, or he's telling the truth and talking about committing murder in a discord and people are cheering him on" and either option creeped me the gently caress out

I didn't give him a single red cent for his Patreon, but yeah, same. Like he said that he could find people's IPs through being a Discord mod and that if anyone talked real poo poo about him online, that he'd send armed thugs over to their places to rough them up and people were like, "Oh man, that's so funny, Id is sending the men in black to kick some rear end!" and I'm thinking, loving really? Don't get me started on when the Ukraine war started and poo poo got really cult like over there. He had all these batshit conspiracy theories about why it had started and how it would go down and people lapped that poo poo up so hard without any real proof, coming down hard on anyone who remotely challenged his weird narratives. The only thing that kept me from straight up bailing is that I had been on good terms with some of the people there before any of this psycho poo poo started. Everyone there is showing a bit more self awareness now, lots of them are openly talking poo poo about him, but on the other hand, I can't help but think in the back of my mind that if he showed up again and gave some half-assed excuse on why he nuked the Discord or whatever, that they'd fall right back down and worship the ground he walks on.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 8, 2024

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Speaking of the patreon, nuked the discord but the patreon is still up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Leal posted:

lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Weird how that always happens

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

EasilyConfused posted:

Speaking of amazing group LPs, when's the next Kingdom Hearts LP, FutureFriend? I know you're reading this! :argh:

unsure about continuing kingdom hearts, madis out on the sora chronicles! i might get back to lping one day tho, just been dealing with boring personal stuff the past two years tho. arigato tho

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

One must wonder that the percentage breakdown is between people who still believe in Id and are willingly giving him money vs. people who have forgotten that they're still subscribed to his and probably other people's patrons, or people who are just flat out dead and will keep paying out phantom corpse money until their credit cards expire.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is anybody actually paying still

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Meowywitch posted:

is anybody actually paying still

yeah

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

lol it has gone down, though

it was double that a few days ago

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Shitenshi posted:

Don't get me started on when the Ukraine war started and poo poo got really cult like over there. He had all these batshit conspiracy theories about why it had started and how it would go down and people lapped that poo poo up so hard without any real proof, coming down hard on anyone who remotely challenged his weird narratives.

Ok I gotta bite: How did the Ukraine war start in the Idverse?

Also weirdly this has made me want to start a stupid LP for the first time in like a decade, Id's non-death really has brought everyone together again :')

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm half expecting "a measured response" type reaction post or video or something to show up. Even though he's definitely seen the somerton "apologies" and the hbomberguy breakdown of how those apologies either ignore the crux of the arguments or are sorry for how you feel.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

nine-gear crow posted:

One must wonder that the percentage breakdown is between people who still believe in Id and are willingly giving him money vs. people who have forgotten that they're still subscribed to his and probably other people's patrons, or people who are just flat out dead and will keep paying out phantom corpse money until their credit cards expire.

Even before this it was like $250 USD across 70 people. That's more than it should be but nobody was losing rent over 3.50 a month.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mycot posted:

Even before this it was like $250 USD across 70 people. That's more than it should be but nobody was losing rent over 3.50 a month.

Yeah, like I said, it's probably just people who've completely forgotten they've subbed to it and don't notice a couple of bucks every month on a credit card statement, or they're subbed to multiple people's patreons so it's lost in the lump sum that comes out every month. I'm just saying that because I also had a moment last year where I was like "wait, why I am giving $7 a month to someone who goes months without posting anything? This is bullshit. Deleted."

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 8, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mycot posted:

Yeah using my elite math skills I've calculated that the remaining people are giving less than $2 per individual on average. Not only is his fake Japanese daughter cheap, his supporters are as well.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Does anybody know what TDI was/is offering on his Patreon? Like, he stopped doing LPs a while ago, so what were people giving him money for?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Covski posted:

Also weirdly this has made me want to start a stupid LP for the first time in like a decade, Id's non-death really has brought everyone together again :')

please assume that I am :ughh: throughout writing this in shame for buying this.

Id was retired but still consulting/just helping out Number 2 who was working in Ukraine. Now please remember, Russia had been showing their whole rear end at the time with farmers hauling away tanks and other things, so... this isn't completely improbable. She's kicking rear end, then Id who was just recently announcing his cancer had Nazis contracted to kill him from Russia (when I say things are improbable I mean about Russia loving up, not this part)

Now fast forward some amount of time. Number 2 (who now has a name I can't remember it) leaves the front because she either can't have kids and is decimated about it, wants to have kids, or has cancer, whatever, she's not in Ukraine anymore she's in Canada with Id and Hik. Now Hik (bi) or her sister (lesbian) hit it off with Number 2.

Then number 2 goes off somewhere else and I don't know, maybe off with Ids estranged wife, maybe fridged, I don't know. her character arc is done.

God forgive me for my idiocy and I'm sorry for all who reads this and is dumber for hearing it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's a huge amount of effort expended on absolutely nothing.

I dunno, having a cult of personality would weird me the gently caress out. I like experiencing different opinions and being called out when I do something dumb, as I actually do want to keep improving as a person.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Covski posted:

He said that he KNOWS that Putin has some kind of incurable disease or whatever that's going to kill him fast by the end of the year (which was 2022 then), and is just wrecking as much havoc as he can before he croaks to ensure he has a legacy. Said that he's not going to just attack Ukraine either, he's going to come at Sweden and Finland and every other adjacent nation too before the year was up, all because he has a small dick, and really scared the piss out of a user there on his Discord there who was living in Finland that if she didn't get the gently caress out dodge soon that she wasn't long for this world. And no loving poo poo, Putin is goofy, Putin is a strong man weasel, a dictator with a cult of personality and so much worse, and like Kim Jong-Un and Trump he is a buffoon who is totally full of poo poo in everything he does and stands for and it wouldn't surprise me that something is seriously going on with him behind the scenes, but if that's all there is to your theory, it's no different than any Youtuber or blogger. Forget any talk of geopolitical realities or how nations work, no, Putin was just doing this because he knows he's going to die soon, and is fighting a losing war solely to ensure that he would be remembered.

The only proof ever Id ever gave of this idea was that he studied history. Never provided proof beyond that, just that he studied history whatever the gently caress that was supposed to mean, and that was that. People there ate that poo poo up too, without needing any proof whatsoever, and shot down anyone who spoke even remotely to the contrary of this narrative as Putin apologists. It didn't matter that a lot of official news reports contrasted what he claimed when it came to battle reports either. He even once said that the only reason that the war was beginning to last so long beyond his predictions was uh, because uber merc she-devil Number Two was shot in the rear end, putting her out of commission from killing as many Russian invaders as possible.

Will never forget that he went on for the longest time that Queen Elizabeth was either going to die any day now or secretly dead, because his SAS buddies told him so. He went on that one for a whole year. She was going to die any day now for an entire year.

Jamesman posted:

Does anybody know what TDI was/is offering on his Patreon? Like, he stopped doing LPs a while ago, so what were people giving him money for?

Pretty sure it was just because they liked him. He lost a daughter, he's dying of cancer, cut the guy a break already, that sort of thing. And uh, it gave you membership to his Discord. That's it.

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006

Shitenshi posted:

He said that he KNOWS that Putin has some kind of incurable disease or whatever that's going to kill him fast by the end of the year (which was 2022 then), and is just wrecking as much havoc as he can before he croaks to ensure he has a legacy. Said that he's not going to just attack Ukraine either, he's going to come at Sweden and Finland and every other adjacent nation too before the year was up, all because he has a small dick, and really scared the piss out of a user there on his Discord there who was living in Finland that if she didn't get the gently caress out dodge soon that she wasn't long for this world. And no loving poo poo, Putin is goofy, Putin is a strong man weasel, a dictator with a cult of personality and so much worse, and like Kim Jong-Un and Trump he is a buffoon who is totally full of poo poo in everything he does and stands for and it wouldn't surprise me that something is seriously going on with him behind the scenes, but if that's all there is to your theory, it's no different than any Youtuber or blogger. Forget any talk of geopolitical realities or how nations work, no, Putin was just doing this because he knows he's going to die soon, and is fighting a losing war solely to ensure that he would be remembered.

The only proof ever Id ever gave of this idea was that he studied history. Never provided proof beyond that, just that he studied history whatever the gently caress that was supposed to mean, and that was that. People there ate that poo poo up too, without needing any proof whatsoever, and shot down anyone who spoke even remotely to the contrary of this narrative as Putin apologists. It didn't matter that a lot of official news reports contrasted what he claimed when it came to battle reports either. He even once said that the only reason that the war was beginning to last so long beyond his predictions was uh, because uber merc she-devil Number Two was shot in the rear end, putting her out of commission from killing as many Russian invaders as possible.

Will never forget that he went on for the longest time that Queen Elizabeth was either going to die any day now or secretly dead, because his SAS buddies told him so. He went on that one for a whole year. She was going to die any day now for an entire year.

Pretty sure it was just because they liked him. He lost a daughter, he's dying of cancer, cut the guy a break already, that sort of thing. And uh, it gave you membership to his Discord. That's it.
He really got lazy after his Trump covid status backroom channel never lined up with reality huh

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jamesman posted:

Pity probably. Or people who forgot to unsubscribe after he stopped making LPs. People also liked the community in his discord so they might have just been grateful for him providing the space even if they didn't interact with him.

White Coke fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Shitenshi posted:

TDI knew Gibbo, the plot thickens...