Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I swear if I knew where to buy a VHS copy of Crack from the year 2000, a Jeff Leroy film (of Terror Toon's fame) I would loving send it to them

That movie is fifty kinds of amazing in a way I cannot begin to describe. News helicopters blow up entire towns. There's samurai surfer dudes. The main drug salesman becomes a shotgun ninja. Heads explode. It's loving awesome in the most clusterfuck way.

Anyone ever see this? Or have any idea of an actual copy of it still exists? Hell, you could make an entire night of Jeff Leroy movies but that one is unique in that it's not a horror movie, but some kind of .. bat poo poo insane crime clusterfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUKvXYo4bA

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I find it completely plausible that in the intervening millennia, Mesopotamian death goddess Ereshkigal's name could have slowly changed into Eloise Cole.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite Rich moments are ones like when he just replies "what the gently caress, Mike" when accused of dressing as short round.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EmmyOk posted:

My favourite Rich moments are ones like when he just replies "what the gently caress, Mike" when accused of dressing as short round.

This and the part where Mike tried to make him drink the Devil's juice out of his giant flask.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I don't like Max Landis because it seemed like he wanted it to be the Max Landis episode instead of the episode with Max Landis.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Max Landis ep was great because you got Culkin at the end. But really, it doesn't hurt to have some odd flavour personalities in there every now and then - the Josh poo poo show would get boring after a while.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

EmmyOk posted:

"Right around 1996 my uncle walked into my room, drunk, insisting I teach him the Internet. And he phrased it, 'Teach me the Internet.'"
"Well...that's better than insisting he show you his Wendy's ad. (BOING) I mean, you just walk right into it."
"...it ain't right...it ain't right..."

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

bring back old gbs posted:

I think thats why he meshes so well with the gang, like once a year tops. i kept expecting mike to start glaring at the camera when Max just wont. let. up. about getting Rich to go on and on about the Double Down movie. like rich didn't need that much prodding, he could have explained it funny without constantly being interrupted, but the boys didnt seem super annoyed by it or anything, they were laughing along as mMax ramped up right along with Rich.

so thats my storyof what i think re: max landis slash are el em

Agreed, Max egging Rich on to describe Double Down was my favorite part of that episode.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

dreezy posted:

josh wasn't actually in on the joke at the end. it was actually a longwinded and belabored discussion that josh took 100% seriously but mike edited it to the joke we see before us.

this is exactly what I thought and why I thought the joke was so good

starkebn fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 8, 2017

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
rip Richard hatch or whatever.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rip dude from this movie you can watch for free on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CH_8Pmnw08

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RIPchard Hatch.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

God this moment is so loving funny.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

dreezy posted:

rip Richard hatch or whatever.

The ghetto finally blasted back.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

WampaLord posted:

God this moment is so loving funny.

What episode is it?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Baronjutter posted:

What episode is it?

Fortunately for you it was a recommended video on YouTube for me just now.

https://youtu.be/ZCtnb81OhV4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Max Landis is cool and the reason a lot of people don't like him is because he's passionate and self-assured without being at all traditionally masculine and that is upsetting and confusing for people obsessed with categorization.

lmao, no

He's dime store. Eager queens are so horrendously common you can filter them on nearly any app. Landis is the gay version of girls who "hate drama" or creepy "nice guys".

Deposit that poo poo right in the trash.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

auzdark posted:

Max Landis ep was great because you got Culkin at the end. But really, it doesn't hurt to have some odd flavour personalities in there every now and then - the Josh poo poo show would get boring after a while.

More guest appearances would be good. They used to have more, but there haven't been any guests (other than the Canadians, they don't count) in a while.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I do not have strong feelings about "Max Landis" one way or the other

Gonna have to be a feence sitter on the subject of "Max Landis", I think

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 8, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

lmao, no

He's dime store. Eager queens are so horrendously common you can filter them on nearly any app. Landis is the gay version of girls who "hate drama" or creepy "nice guys".

Deposit that poo poo right in the trash.

He's not gay.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just get a little vexed by his constant hair swiping (just trim it, GOD), but otherwise Mr Landis is fine and fits in rather well.

I am always interested about his insider info on how hollywood does stuff too. Even though it's always pretty similar - panicky idiots playing it safe at the expense of artistic integrity/diversity/whatever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Fortunately for you it was a recommended video on YouTube for me just now.

https://youtu.be/ZCtnb81OhV4

Rich in an especially good mood that episode. Grief counseling clowns really work.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Max Landis just seemed super eager to be there with people he likes to watch on youtube and couldn't restrain himself. He's like a mega fan of RLM and I am convinced he planted the Plinkett type character in dirk gently intentionally.

naem
May 29, 2011

Paladinus posted:

He's not gay.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
He's NOT gay?!

:vince:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

a bone to pick posted:

He's NOT gay?!

my immersion is ruined

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

a bone to pick posted:

He's NOT gay?!

I'll pray for him

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

i'm goddamn shook

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Remember how in the stone age of being gay you had to pretend to have a straight relationship?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

He's not gay.

Do I have to seriously start hating him more for coopting obnoxious queen culture rather than just being an obnoxious queen?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Do I have to seriously start hating him more for coopting obnoxious queen culture rather than just being an obnoxious queen?

It's called camp.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

It's called camp.

Effeminate?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Paladinus posted:

It's called camp.

The tragically ludicrous? The ludicrously tragic?

Like when a clown dies.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 8, 2017

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
It's the new blackface is what it is

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

max not gay, so what

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:sigh:

I have so much fanfiction to re-write now.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Couldn't he be bi?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Couldn't he be bi?

No, he couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
that tweet was in 2015, maybe he caught the queer in the intervening time.

• Locked thread