Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm @Verranicus if a goon wants to send me a guild invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Beefeater posted:

All of these things are largely build dependent. PvE DPS shines when focused on either magicka or stamina exclusively (on my stamblade I don't have a single piece of gear or use a consumable that assists in magicka totals/damage in any way). PvE tanks tend to need resources from both pools, and thus stack both magicka and stamina to some degree whilst keeping their health total high. And as you mentioned, plenty of PvP builds make use of both resource pools.

It can also be situational. Plenty of folks use tri-stat food on a magicka character while doing Maelstrom Arena due to having to dodge roll a bunch.

Why does a stamtank want magic?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Baron Porkface posted:

Why does a stamtank want magic?

Typically because of number of the skills they use cost magicka and have no stamina variant. A PvE Dragonknight tank in a 'meta' setup is a good example. They need plenty of stamina of course for blocking (more so for end game trials and vet stuff), but they tend to also slot Fiery Grip (for pulling enemies), Dark Talons (for rooting trash) and of course their group-wide damage shield. All of those cost magicka, hence the need to have a half decent pool of it and be able to somehow sustain it's use. You get more versatility and group support from being a hybrid tank than you would as straight-up stamina.

EDIT: A good example of a meta DK tank build. Although he needs a bunch of stamina, the majority of his slotted skills use magicka.

Beefeater fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 30, 2018

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
In line with the time of year and the Fallout announcement earlier today, it's time to attempt once more to bring up a minor tradition:

Watch the Bethesda Press Conference in the Chill Bros Chat Lounge Guild Chat With Chill Bro Goons
Featuring such entertainment as:

1. Goons being goons
2. Scy probably criticizing whatever ESO content is revealed.
3. Me bellyaching that we're getting ANOTHER Fallout game before TESVI.
4. Not many people showing up (but maybe a lot will!)

It starts at 9:30 EST (6:30 PST) on Sunday, June 10th.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'd love a guild invite. @pubbietears

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Solo BG queue is a Fair and BalancedTM thing.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 31, 2018

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

ShallowKnave posted:

The $11.99 option includes a license for the base game, plus the Morrowind Chapter included.*
The $9.99 option is just the Morrowind Chapter, for which you will need the base game to play.

There was also a PSN+ discount, which is how I got the full game + Morrowind for less than $10. It'd be nice to have some folks to play with and a guild to join, feel free to hit me up @ kaptainkaffeine.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Started playing this again. Username is @HeyYouThere if it's cool for me to be reinvited.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Scyantific posted:

Are you AD on Sotha Sil?

The second time I was guesting in Shor (because that's my friend's home campaign), but, yes.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Copycat Zero posted:

The second time I was guesting in Shor (because that's my friend's home campaign), but, yes.

Don't forget battlegrounds give XP towards assault and support, and AP. I think like 5 or 6 matches took me from 3-4 on my 25 templar. And i got a sweet dragon staff style motiff. I think it's kind of fun, but I hate crazy king or whatever with the flags. It always seems like two factions will fight over one flag while the third just takes the free one.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Someone throw me a guild invite @cutefuzzybunny

Summerset has lured me in, now to figure out what to play...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

victrix posted:

Someone throw me a guild invite @cutefuzzybunny

Summerset has lured me in, now to figure out what to play...

Magplar / Stamsorc / Magblade.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls: Legends and thought I'd give this a go to learn all the lore I'm missing. Could someone throw an invite to @Jeditojanen, please.

Also, can I just check I'm doing Argonian naming correctly?

E: a couple of n00b questions.

1) I got Morrowind with the base game, and all my characters start there. How do I get back to the regular starting area?

2) Where are the Undaunted in Vivec City?

Jedit fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 2, 2018

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Your argonian naming is on point yes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

A stealthy Argonian Magblade could also be Silent-But-Deadly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Aramek posted:

A stealthy Argonian Magblade could also be Silent-But-Deadly.

If I die, the Hist shall reek.

I'd wager someone's got Silent-But-Deadly already anyway.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Can I get an invite for the NA guild @Sometimes793

Adding to the Argonian name list I went with Flees-from-Geese. Farts-without-Shame is way better though drat.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jedit posted:

If I die, the Hist shall reek.

I'd wager someone's got Silent-But-Deadly already anyway.

Try the alternate version Silent-But-Violent

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I saw a lot of Argonian names around like Breaks-Wind-Painfully when I first started, so I just assumed it wouldn't actually let you use the word fart. So many opportunities, squandered.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I think a lot of people are working around the vulgarity clause, but I very much doubt there'll be a problem with something as mild as "fart" unless a complaint is received - maybe not even then. Worst case I get a brief holiday and a free name change, about which I give no shits because I'm not subbed. :shrug:

On the other hand, I'm sure someone has got into trouble for using Smokes-Weed-Everyday.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That's why you name your toon "Huffs-The-Skooma"

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Which addon shows the cooldowns of my off-bar abilities by adding the abilities icon and a timer above the abilitiy icons of my currently selected bar?

I saw it in some vids, but I cant figure out which one it is.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nektu posted:

Which addon shows the cooldowns of my off-bar abilities by adding the abilities icon and a timer above the abilitiy icons of my currently selected bar?

I saw it in some vids, but I cant figure out which one it is.

LUI has that built in, or alternatively you can use Action Duration Reminder

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

It's about time to try a new MMO so I dove in with the new expansion. Going to roll a High-elf Magplar for grins. Would like an invite to Chill Bros when available. ID @DocLegendary

With that said, how essential is ESO+ to a new player?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Richlove posted:

It's about time to try a new MMO so I dove in with the new expansion. Going to roll a High-elf Magplar for grins. Would like an invite to Chill Bros when available. ID @DocLegendary

With that said, how essential is ESO+ to a new player?

Do you plan on crafting? ESO+ is for you

Otherwise it's not as necessary but it is really good if you want to give the DLC a shot without having to pay for it

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
I can't seem to stay away from MMOs. I'm back in to this for the xpac. Think I'm going to play my original Vampire Lizard Templar some more. Can somebody toss an invite @Ryleko.

Thanks!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Scyantific posted:

Do you plan on crafting? ESO+ is for you

Otherwise it's not as necessary but it is really good if you want to give the DLC a shot without having to pay for it

Crafting is fairly essential if you plan on sticking with the game since you need to drop a fuckton of cash on upgrade mats (getting everything gold will drain your bank, especially without the passives to make it cost 1/2 mats to upgrade)

But yeah, if you aren't sure if you're sticking around, or just want to try, I wouldn't go ESO+ yet, but if you liek it and plan to play, definitely do it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ESO+ in general is not a bad deal, you get 1500 crowns which is same as the $14.99 1500 crown purchase, but also craft bags, 10% exp/crafting exp/gold, double furnishing in player houses, all dlc

most importantly you lose nothing what was the vanilla launch game, everything eso+ is additions, if you just want to put around like it's a single player game it's perfect, but it's highly recommend if you want to do anything end game

like its possible to do endgame without craftbag, we did it for years before that but uhhhh would not recommend

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I heard this game was good now :v:

Seriously though, I have been hearing good things and have been thinking about jumping in. Is there a certain package I should get? I think I see that the Sommerset package also includes the Marrowind expansion.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
What governs the tier of resource nodes you find?

I have the capability to craft using beech (woodworking) but I can't find any in the world, it's all oak.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

When I played this game about two years ago, one of the best builds for Templar was a simple enough rotation that I was able to set it up with a one-button macro and just hold down a thumb button on my mouse anytime I wanted something to die.

It healed me and melted enemies. I loved it.

Is there anything like that still? I'm googling for 1-button builds but nothing looks recent, for any class. People are talking about bar swapping and poo poo, it sounds like a real pain in the rear end.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Airspace posted:

What governs the tier of resource nodes you find?

I have the capability to craft using beech (woodworking) but I can't find any in the world, it's all oak.

Every node pings 50/50 your level, and your rank in the particular skill. For example, a max level character with 0 ranks in crafting, will find half and half Jute and Ancestor Silk. But a max level character will full ranks will only ever find Ancestor Silk.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Scyantific posted:

LUI has that built in, or alternatively you can use Action Duration Reminder

Where do you see in LUI? I can't seem to find it.

Libi
Dec 28, 2007

Mr. Hoppy!
Could use an invite to the eu guild, @libius

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Not sure there is one. I think most of us euros play on NA

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

ESO+ in general is not a bad deal, you get 1500 crowns which is same as the $14.99 1500 crown purchase, but also craft bags, 10% exp/crafting exp/gold, double furnishing in player houses, all dlc

most importantly you lose nothing what was the vanilla launch game, everything eso+ is additions, if you just want to put around like it's a single player game it's perfect, but it's highly recommend if you want to do anything end game

like its possible to do endgame without craftbag, we did it for years before that but uhhhh would not recommend

Doing end game crafting with the craft bag sounds like madness. For these undaunted pledges, should I be actually trying to do all 3 every day?

Also invite me, @Sylvinae_Mori

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Looks like the game is sucking me back in, can I get an invite @Redmound?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aramek posted:

Every node pings 50/50 your level, and your rank in the particular skill. For example, a max level character with 0 ranks in crafting, will find half and half Jute and Ancestor Silk. But a max level character will full ranks will only ever find Ancestor Silk.

That would explain it, I was 2000 EXP out from 26. Thanks.

I rectified that and now I can get the third tier of delicious crafty bits.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bethesda Software: gently caress YOUR HARD DRIVE! FEED ME MORE GIGABYTES, SEYMORE!

EDIT: Haha turns out I had a ESO key from a humble monthly bundle ALLLL ALONG! :suicide: Seriously though, I am only out $20 and that includes the Morrowind expansion, so it is not the biggest financial mistake I made. I'll figure out what to do with the other key later. Though if anyone here wants it I am willing to give it away, but I am pretty sure it is vanilla game only.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Maguoob posted:

Doing end game crafting with the craft bag sounds like madness. For these undaunted pledges, should I be actually trying to do all 3 every day?

Also invite me, @Sylvinae_Mori

I would say yes, those 3 + daily random (grab pledges and do daily random first unless you're trying to get double keys for everyting by doing vet/hm) are good XP to get you CP and keys for monster sets are big