Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have never....ever....ever! Spent $5 on something frivolous and I am NOT about to start now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I sure do like paying to get into an alpha to feel special about myself.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I sure do judge the poo poo out of people for dropping minuscule amounts of money on something they enjoy and then post here to feel special about myself.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

I sure do like paying to get into an alpha to feel special about myself.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As far as I'm aware, all the other play early titles have been finished games aside from any day one patches. Since it's less than a week before launch and all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh boy. $5 to play MEA on my bone. For 10 hours. Then I have to wait for my PS4 copy to arrive on release day. Then I can play those 10 hours again. But now I will already know what is going on. And will have to wait 10 hours to get to new content.

Where do I sign up?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

then don't do it, jesus

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
Right? Some people just don't get it. I'm buying the Xbox (I have a PS4), taking unpaid leave off of work to play a few days early. Like $5 bucks for ea's tight gaming service? Sign me up. Like, what wrong's with that? Sheesh. Like, I know it's a consumer product that ultimately can't love me back, but it's just how I like to spend my free time. Shoot, how can people possibly be judgmental of me?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't understand why won't people validate me for spending five dollarydoos in a way that marks me as a prime rib sucker to the marketing team?

Also unrelated I have only experienced positive reinforcement my whole life and react badly to others questioning my decision making capability.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh no someone wants to spend 5 dollars on a thing! NOT ON MY WATCH!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh no someone wants to spend 5 dollars on a thing! NOT ON MY WATCH!

More like how dare people judge me for how I spend five dollars! The nerve! :byodood:

:dukedog:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You are posting awful hard about their five dollars for someone who spent ten on this site. :smuggo:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

You are posting awful hard about their five dollars for someone who spent ten on this site. :smuggo:

gently caress.

Still at least it went into Lowtax's college kid fund instead of the EA bathroom cocaine fund.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'M making fun of them and heavily judging because they're helping support a really lovely business model of preordering. If they've preordered AND paid the extra amount on top of that I can't really make fun of them because it's retard on top of retard and that's retard double jeopardy so it loses some of the impact.

DancingShade posted:

gently caress.

Still at least it went into Lowtax's college kid fund instead of the EA bathroom cocaine fund.

Like Lowtax's kids are gonna survive the coming years under a Trump presidency much less afford the unregulated college-for-profit business model.:smuggo:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 21, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone know why in ME1 the number of buttons you have to press to do a manual unlock on things varies? Even with maxed stuff, it's still all over the place.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

I've spent a lot more than 10, and I'll get a lot more than that 5 bux'll get you chumps

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone know why in ME1 the number of buttons you have to press to do a manual unlock on things varies? Even with maxed stuff, it's still all over the place.

It's been ages since I played ME1 but I think it's the difference from a complete pain in the rear end to a moderate pain in the rear end with a lot of RNG.

Basically they changed it in ME2 for a good reason.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Pretty sure it depends on the difficulty of the item in question. Don't they have different ratings and you need higher levels of Decryption or whatever to make the attempt?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

Pretty sure it depends on the difficulty of the item in question. Don't they have different ratings and you need higher levels of Decryption or whatever to make the attempt?

This is what I remember.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The PC version of the ME1 hacking minigame is kinda fun. Better than the consoles, at least.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milky Moor posted:

Doesn't matter if it is easy/hard/advanced or whatever. It seems early on everythign is 3 clicks, but by level 50 everything is 5. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Or the programming is just broken.

Really think that once you have something maxed it should just open. But whatever. 9 year old game. When they do the remake, they should smooth that out.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
E: too slow

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Omnigel everything.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Omnigel everything.

Yeah, once you get past the early parts of the game, you should have enough omnigel to omnigel almost every lock. Don't sell stuff, there's nothing worth buying in that game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lycus posted:

Yeah, once you get past the early parts of the game, you should have enough omnigel to omnigel almost every lock. Don't sell stuff, there's nothing worth buying in that game.

Once you hit 50, XP doesn't matter. But buying the spectre gear is worth it. At 50 you can load everyone up. The problem is selling off mods. The good ones stop dropping once you hit the 40s. Well, some of them.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
How are you gonna hit 60 if XP doesn't matter? :smuggo:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

orcane posted:

How are you gonna hit 60 if XP doesn't matter? :smuggo:

I've hit 60. Took 2 full playthroughs and then hit 60 right after I got to the Citadel. It is doable to do in 2, but your 2nd playthrough you have to be drat near perfect.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Pay $10 to hit level 60

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

I've hit 60. Took 2 full playthroughs and then hit 60 right after I got to the Citadel. It is doable to do in 2, but your 2nd playthrough you have to be drat near perfect.

Yeah when I did it before the game RROD'd my first Xbox 360, I think I reached 58 on playthrough 2 and that was by not killing anything with the Mako. Should be easier with the DLCs (bring down the sky at least, I can't remember if you even get XP in Pinnacle Station).

Still. Omni-gel everything. You're sitting on 999/999 anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MadBimber posted:

Pay $10 to hit level 60

It would be more like pay $10 for a pack of 5x XP booster vials that in total might get you 3 levels each because people are bad at math and don't consider how long those things are actually good for.

Sorry I meant to say zero g space alliance reaper nanite ability enhancer flu shots, or whatever they would be called.

Perhaps they could be obtained from a real world money RNG gamble box mechanic because everybody loves those.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
For 7 dollars you can skip the entire game except the sex stuff

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

For 7 dollars you can skip the entire game except the sex stuff

For another 7 dollars you can unlock menu options: sex stuff best of repeat.

Just like those japanese sex games that infest steam which are bought by people who don't know what an image search is.

Gaben when are you going to let me filter those out :argh:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
seriously stop recommending anime sex games to me that are tagged 'great soundtrack'

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
some people get really mad about people spending money jeez. besides, if it sucks balls i could just cancel my preorder

(i wont most likely though)

I dunno i liked the first 2.84 and only hated like .16 if i put my rose colored glasses on regarding the mako or humanreaperbaby and the ending

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lycus posted:

The specter gear is worth buying, because you never have to think about guns ever again after you get them but after that yeah all vendor gear is trash

But the specter guns are quite expensive

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I mean, there are really solid guns you can buy from vendors. I think there are many more better options than the Spectre gear, given the price. But whatevs. As long as a weapon is moderately to highly effective it's not gonna slow you down.

Bud K ninja sword posted:

some people get really mad about people spending money rewarding any company with terrible a business practice jeez. besides, if it sucks balls i could just cancel my preorder

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drifter posted:

I mean, there are really solid guns you can buy from vendors. I think there are many more better options than the Spectre gear, given the price.

Nope. There are a couple guns that are arguably better than spectre 7s. Nothing is better than the s10s in any category. And since $$$ is basically nothing at that point, there is no reason not to get 7 spectre guns so everyone has their main weapon ready to go.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

Nope. There are a couple guns that are arguably better than spectre 7s. Nothing is better than the s10s in any category. And since $$$ is basically nothing at that point, there is no reason not to get 7 spectre guns so everyone has their main weapon ready to go.

You're talking about minuscule percent differences by that time and zero gameplay differentiation, however. It's not worth it. It's like, busy work to go buy another set of weapons.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
be an adept and don worry bout guns err day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drifter posted:

You're talking about minuscule percent differences by that time and zero gameplay differentiation, however. It's not worth it. It's like, busy work to go buy another set of weapons.

Uh....the guy is right next to your squad lockers. You pick up a ton of poo poo as you go. It's literally walking to him, selling a bunch of poo poo and buying the weapons. I guess you could 100% ignore that stuff if you want. However, if you are playing on the higher difficulties it definitely makes a difference.