Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Gavin wrote an entire article about Temur Tower on the main website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Angry Grimace posted:

Gavin wrote an entire article about Temur Tower on the main website.

They will not stop trying to pretend that deck is the real villain, will they?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Someone needs to spoil the print sheet with the friggin Dinosaurs

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
So Ixalan's got to be a heavily tribal block based on those leaks right?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mossyfisk posted:

Oh yeah. And it's pretty likely that merfolk are going to be in the set and I'm rebuying a playset of Lord of Atlantis and Master of the Pearl Trident just in case.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mossyfisk posted:

There will be pirate and dinosaur tribal.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chill la Chill posted:

That looks like the typical planned leak that's either dark or blurry to get people excited for an upcoming product.

Seems really, really unlikely given that previews of the set before it start next week

Angry Grimace posted:

Checklands with Shocklands was similarly ridiculous.

I suspect they'll have to figure out a way to tone down or reprint duals in Standard to prevent oversaturation in the longer rotations

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I mean it's like a continuing flow of "hey guys we're really trying to fix standard! remember those cool lands you guys loved?!" after the other announcements this week.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So i chased down the last check lands I need for the collection for a buck each today, thanks spoilers!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sickening posted:

So i chased down the last check lands I need for the collection for a buck each today, thanks spoilers!

a buck each is fine but PSA: these lands have been printed like 5 times in core sets already, they will be practically bulk rares once they're in a large fall set. don't rush out and buy them now.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Angry Grimace posted:

It makes me laugh how there are still people skeptical of these leaks as though you could fake 9 foil pirate cards less than 24 hours after they revealed that Ixalan is a pirate set.

MTGSalvation posters may be the dumbest people on the planet and it is hilarious to watch them react to spoilers/leaks

When the Ixalan imagery/name leaked there were people in there throwing elbows about how there was no way the set had Mesoamerican ties

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Are the check lands even good? They seem pretty bad without shocks in the format.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Are the check lands even good? They seem pretty bad without shocks in the format.

they were heavily played in every Standard that they were in from 2009-2013, even without fetches or shocks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tales of Woe posted:

they were heavily played in every Standard that they were in from 2009-2013, even without fetches or shocks.

They seem like they are the best in 2 color midrange decks...

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

mcmagic posted:

They're fine on their own, but the Amonkhet lands also have basic land types.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Panderfringe posted:

They're fine on their own, but the Amonkhet lands also have basic land types.

Right but you can't be playing too many of those.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
They're pretty good for two colour decks, or with a light splash of a third colour. If you can afford enough basic lands to have them be untapped consistently then they're great, but if you need a bunch of other nonbasics to hit all your colours then they get a lot worse.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mcmagic posted:

They seem like they are the best in 2 color midrange decks...

Go take a look at decklists from Delver standard, they're in every 2 or 3 color deck from aggro to ramp to control.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Its a little unfair that they are coming into a standard that already has some of the best lands ever printed (fast lands). I am a little biased in that I think the standard seasons I most enjoy have standard decks full of basics.

I mean, I know we aren't going to get it, but how amazing would hou had the rest of the fast land cycle?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sickening posted:

Its a little unfair that they are coming into a standard that already has some of the best lands ever printed (fast lands). I am a little biased in that I think the standard seasons I most enjoy have standard decks full of basics.

I mean, I know we aren't going to get it, but how amazing would hou had the rest of the fast land cycle?

The lesson in all of this is that setting-specific names for dual lands is a lovely idea if you ever want to consider reprinting them in the future.

Unless you want to shove them into a core set or supplemental set.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Star Man posted:

The lesson in all of this is that setting-specific names for dual lands is a lovely idea if you ever want to consider reprinting them in the future.

Unless you want to shove them into a core set or supplemental set.

The names are pretty generic at least.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is there legacy coverage today?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sickening posted:

The names are pretty generic at least.

I was talking about the fastlands from Scars of Mirrodin.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Star Man posted:

I was talking about the fastlands from Scars of Mirrodin.

So was I? The art and flavor text are very mirrodin, but even seachrome coast can be stretched to just a shiny coastline.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It looks like that draw seven spell could be 4UUU not UUUU, which would be lame as hell.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

So was I? The art and flavor text are very mirrodin, but even seachrome coast can be stretched to just a shiny coastline.

Seachrome, Razorverge, Darkslick etc are specific Morrison place names that have other Morrison cards named after them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/BraunDuinIt/status/875387927311794176

Heh

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Oops! The rest of the sheet has been posted

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I still call them CIPT lands because I'm old(ish) and stubborn like that.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
http://m.imgur.com/a/sfm57

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Oops.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Tainen posted:

Why didn't you link it? :cmon:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Tainen posted:

Where?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Holy cannoli...

Well, at least it's blurry right?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tainen posted:

Yikes I kinda feel bad for the designers but hell if that's gonna keep me from looking

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Raid mechanic is back. Vehicles are back. Mono-green Merfolk? Mono-white Vampires? Why not

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ok, a LOT of people will be fired.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I like that dude's Conquistador helmet.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it's not like you can see any of it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ah see, now there's the blurry picture and the cheeky picture showing only part of a title