Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Silly Burrito posted:

A big helping of bofa

what's bofadog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

feedmyleg posted:

Like anyone who does something unconscionable for a megacorp, I assume the deferred responsibility allows every individual to justify their hands as clean.
"That's not my department."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If I don't take the job someone else will anyway, so it doesn't matter what I do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

SyNack Sassimov posted:

what's bofadog?

Bout two pounds

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Do you think the guys who invented like, fentanyl or whatever, were stricken with a deep sense of shame on account of how many lives their product has ruined?

I mean the actual lab-coat chemists making the stuff, obviously the fat cats who own the pharmaceutical companies are inhuman ghouls who don't give a poo poo about suffering.

I think most medical research is "what's the effects of this substance?" rather than "hey guys, let's make something extremely addictive for $$$!" It's the suits who decided what to do with it afterwards that deserve the blame.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

https://twitter.com/memesbreakcore/status/1645170882828984323?s=20

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommonShore posted:

He never envisioned them for home use. He intended them for offices so people wouldn't need to burn gas and get disposable waste cups for coffee, or like for 24h gas stations to be able to make one cup at a time and not waste massive amounts of ecologically intensive coffee. He's horrified at the amount of waste his invention inadvertently created.

loving owned

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-content-moderation-twitter-files-1850384315

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Holy poo poo this bout near blew out my eardrums

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

ponzicar posted:

I think most medical research is "what's the effects of this substance?" rather than "hey guys, let's make something extremely addictive for $$$!" It's the suits who decided what to do with it afterwards that deserve the blame.

I fully agree with this, and not just because it morally validates the inventions of my great-grandfather, James Thurston Cocaine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s not like fentanyl is a chemical weapon.

The opioid epidemic has far more to do with social and political dysfunction than it does with molecules.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Except versus cops.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

bawk posted:

imagine paying 8 dollars so you could be Popular Online

Imagine paying $10 to be 25% cooler than those losers. :smug:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Re the very serious issue of cops getting assaulted with fent, it just seems like a very inefficient weapon to me. There have to be better powders for that, and if you're considering using the nasal spray form of fentanyl, I think pepper spray is probably the better way.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
https://twitter.com/iwriteokay/status/1651088687000612864

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ragnar34 posted:

Re the very serious issue of cops getting assaulted with fent, it just seems like a very inefficient weapon to me. There have to be better powders for that, and if you're considering using the nasal spray form of fentanyl, I think pepper spray is probably the better way.

That's because it's made up like all cop poo poo. There are cop magazines and expensive training seminars where they just make up new and exciting things to keep cops terrified of the people they're supposed to serve.

Guns that look like cell phones, stories about teenage thrill kill gangs, fentanyl that immobilizes noble heroes from across a room through sealed bags. These are all grifts run on police departments at taxpayer expense with no oversight at all.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Doug_Tilley/status/1650517041797910530

This dude is currently faking his own death because he's a sex offender and claiming to be a British man that he is not. He is from Rhode Island. Like I thought, oh this is one of those deals where they are cutting an unrelated interview with a sketch comedian but no this was on Dateline.

quahog rhode island?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingexecutive posted:

That's because it's made up like all cop poo poo. There are cop magazines and expensive training seminars where they just make up new and exciting things to keep cops terrified of the people they're supposed to serve.

Guns that look like cell phones, stories about teenage thrill kill gangs, fentanyl that immobilizes noble heroes from across a room through sealed bags. These are all grifts run on police departments at taxpayer expense with no oversight at all.

I mean yeah obviously, and just like the one about cell phone guns, it's clearly made up post hoc because the truth is embarrassing.

There's a Well There's Your Problem episode about cops believing ridiculous things because it fits their version of reality, in this case dowsing rods for drugs and crime. Most of it is locked behind a paywall but they put the basic explanation in their preview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrjsw7NuU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/IsItEdBallsDay/status/1651836150951075842?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He was on QI and when I realized it I pointed and scream that's ed balls! I was so pumped.

well, bye

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

poor guy doesn't have enough moisture left to even blink... he's ejaculating spinal fluid

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tiggum posted:

Did she set her background to a slideshow of very similar photos of her husband to try to make it look like he's there?

I was so sure that he was a fake background that I actually had to watch carefully for clues, even just blinking.

There is one, single moment when he actually changes: when she moves her arm back and indirectly shifts his shirt. So he is real, but that's somehow even more baffling.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cleretic posted:

I was so sure that he was a fake background that I actually had to watch carefully for clues, even just blinking.

There is one, single moment when he actually changes: when she moves her arm back and indirectly shifts his shirt. So he is real, but that's somehow even more baffling.
I think that's some weird greenscreen artifacting. Look at :17, the wrinkles in his shirt shift in a way that doesn't seem natural.

Oh also the whole thing's a joke.
https://twitter.com/ResDolph/status/1565175772955951105
The original TikTok's apparently gone but the replies to this seem to confirm it was real.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

canyoneer posted:

o poo poo waddup

Named after the Matt Damon movie?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

zoux posted:

Not a single Nigel on that list smh

I actually came here to post this exact sentiment. If you're not naming yourself Nigel, you're doing it wrong.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/dunksdeux/status/1651715697612058625

https://twitter.com/browtweaten/status/1651736670729846786

https://twitter.com/kosmick78/status/1434941294204239880

https://twitter.com/michaelmphysics/status/1651472047959162880

https://twitter.com/fafa_bear/status/1651469914761486336

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ragnar34 posted:

I mean yeah obviously, and just like the one about cell phone guns, it's clearly made up post hoc because the truth is embarrassing.

There's a Well There's Your Problem episode about cops believing ridiculous things because it fits their version of reality, in this case dowsing rods for drugs and crime. Most of it is locked behind a paywall but they put the basic explanation in their preview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrjsw7NuU

Yes, but then you have to listen to that terrible podcast

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh so it's a podcast

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I remember when Rob Halford officially came out, and MTV sent a reporter to interview people standing in line for Priest tickets. You could feel the disappointment radiating off the reporter when their "expecting Priest fans to be upset" turned into the people they interviewed going "yeah, I can see that.." and "why should I care? They still make awesome music."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I remember when Rob Halford officially came out, and MTV sent a reporter to interview people standing in line for Priest tickets. You could feel the disappointment radiating off the reporter when their "expecting Priest fans to be upset" turned into the people they interviewed going "yeah, I can see that.." and "why should I care? They still make awesome music."

When the public found out Gaahl is gay the immediate consensus was that this was in fact trve kvlt because "what's less Christian than sodomy."

Turns out metal is the wrong scene if you're looking for traditionalism and conformity?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Platystemon posted:

170 dead Russians would like to have a word with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
They probably don't have much to say tbh.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

I actually came here to post this exact sentiment. If you're not naming yourself Nigel, you're doing it wrong.
I think we can all agree that no matter what, that man is doing it wrong.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Skim through and watch the back wall in the center of the video, the lighting changes on the right but not the left.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

theflyingexecutive posted:

I remember a post I saw here or somewhere with a scientist(?) who spilled liquid fentanyl on his bare hands. Literally enough to kill dozens of people, but he just washed it off & never had a problem. I think it was something about how it’s absorbed in the body & he was proving it’s absolutely impossible to get dosed with powder or liquid through skin contact like these dipshit cops were claiming.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I can believe fentanyl is a cop specific problem between them testing potency to skim evidence for their drug dealing side hustle or simply because they are constantly picking their nose after touching everything in your pocket.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

zedprime posted:

I can believe fentanyl is a cop specific problem between them testing potency to skim evidence for their drug dealing side hustle or simply because they are constantly picking their nose after touching everything in your pocket.

Well, it fits with how thin-skinned the pigs are.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I wonder what cops think fentanyl patches are and how they would theoretically work for three days in a world where it’s physically possible to immediately absorb an OD amount through your skin.

They don’t even act like someone ODing on opioids when they fake a lethal exposure on body cam. Like, come on. I know you pigs have seen doped up poors before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zedprime posted:

The symptoms cops generally describe experiencing after accidental skin contact with fentanyl don't match other fentanyl over doses, they do however match the symptoms of a severe panic attack.