Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

tyblazitar posted:

Hell I'm in that place myself and have been for years, but for some reason my skull shape has never struck me as the main cause of all my misery.

My impression is that cuck fetishists are mainly self-loathing, which to be sure incels are too, but they seem a bit too misogynistic to sincerely enjoy seeing a woman receiving sexual pleasure.

Both are self-loathing, but incels extend that hatred to everyone else, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1003364408788168704

I'd have gone for "I understand racism because Italians used to be discriminated against and I played Super Mario."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Too few personality traits” that’s a new one

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So uh, game protagonists don't have enough personality traits, but everything was better back when they were boring?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

tyblazitar posted:

Hell I'm in that place myself and have been for years, but for some reason my skull shape has never struck me as the main cause of all my misery.

Well maybe there's your problem.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

fizzymercy posted:

I've fallen for this poo poo multiple times in the same day. Same basic script and everything. Some people are :downs: I kinda hope that is real. It makes me feel less alone.

You're not alone. Candace has the same problem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tyblazitar posted:

So uh, game protagonists don't have enough personality traits, but everything was better back when they were boring?

I think it's about how, in the 30 plus years there have been Mario games the different brothers have developed slightly distinct personalities. But those are only present in the games that play nothing like classic Mario games.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/1003391016186122240

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Back when personality traits and hair colours were in parity due to an alopecia totalis epidemic.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
cga only does 4 colours after all

love me some magenta hair

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, probably best to give that term up as a lost cause.

googling how to rotate thread titles in perpetuity

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The guy who wonders if they're part of the LGBT community willingly named himself Total Imbecile.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Trig Discipline posted:

I'd be concerned if it hadn't been the case for my entire life. Oddly enough though I have a weirdly good memory for music, food, geography, and numbers. Just nothing else whatsoever.

I actually did go to a doctor about memory issues in grad school and she said "nothing's wrong with you but if you drink less coffee and manage your stress level you might see some improvements" to which the only realistic response is "my career is basically a process of turning coffee into stress, lol".

Yeah but mostly that requires me to be clever about a specific type of problems more than retentive in general. I just developed work habits that supplement my chronic inability to remember poo poo.
True for me except I have a weirdly good memory for clothing and textiles, probably because I've been interested in those things since I was a little kid (now I make historical clothing for fun and money). I also have anxiety, which doesn't help. So I write things down and get real good at doing things well at the last minute.

tyblazitar posted:

The most fascinating aspect to me of those incel threads is how they have revived phrenology to explain how they themselves are inherently inferior.
Once you've accepted one lovely pseudoscience you really don't have a defense against any others.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1003364408788168704

I'd have gone for "I understand racism because Italians used to be discriminated against and I played Super Mario."

In all seriousness, a brightly colored, pangendered, transracial protagonist sound really cool. I don't buy many games, but I'd probably buy that one.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Tiberius Thyben posted:

You give them more credit than you should. It's closer to "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!"

I'm counting "I went outside and existed in the same vicinity as other humans" as trying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Spartanise_II/status/1002769160450043904?s=19

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm not convinced that you're actually all that anti-authoritarian there.

https://twitter.com/TonyXZamboni/status/1002981300402343937

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/michaelpshipley/status/1002426723600818176

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/johnnytoronto99/status/1002928919215894528

Happy-Go-Lilac
Dec 19, 2007

Happy to be here.

This seems pretty innocuous? Should I be wary of this man?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

If this is about the tariffs and trade war that’s ramping up while trite that’s not so bad, unless there’s other context I’m missing.

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

My favorite thing in all of those awful thread titles has to be the guy who, I'm assuming, moved to Japan to live in the land of milk and honey only to find out that disliking incels knows no border.

Also re: videogamesmen chat, um I hate to break it to you amigo but liking and playing video games has been totally accepted by just about everyone for at least 20 years.

verymoldy has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Jun 4, 2018

Wendell
May 11, 2003

hanales posted:

If this is about the tariffs and trade war that’s ramping up while trite that’s not so bad, unless there’s other context I’m missing.

Since it was posted here I thought he must be blaming Trudeau for fighting back, but looking at his feed it’s clear he meant Trump. What’s the deal, Skwirl?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Memento posted:

I'm not convinced that you're actually all that anti-authoritarian there.

https://twitter.com/TonyXZamboni/status/1002981300402343937

I'm guessing that last part was added in this weekend after Fat Mike shoved his fat foot in his fat mouth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:thunk:

Also it's "ballsy"

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Bill Clinton has cerebral balsy.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

DavidAlltheTime posted:

cerebral balsy

Good band, although their first album was a lot better than their second.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
You can’t blame Bill. Monica took advantage of him, his dick was near atrophied after a year of NOFAP.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

:thunk:

Also it's "ballsy"

Maybe Jr only has one bal.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe Jr only has one bal.

While Sr.'s are very, very smal?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
World’s loneliest boy still at it
https://twitter.com/jacobawohl/status/1003646078401503233?s=21

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

"And sleeping". loving incredible.

Also I'm not sure how things work in the states. But 85% recieving subsidies? Really?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Roblo posted:

"And sleeping". loving incredible.

Also I'm not sure how things work in the states. But 85% recieving subsidies? Really?

It's nigh impossible to self finance through college unless already come from money; and most student loan setups have some manner of federal subsidy, even if the extent of the subsidy is just "no interest on the principal while you're enrolled"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1003664854404816896

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1003665721988173825

This stuff should all be illegal, somehow

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

jivjov posted:

It's nigh impossible to self finance through college unless already come from money; and most student loan setups have some manner of federal subsidy, even if the extent of the subsidy is just "no interest on the principal while you're enrolled"

Ahh. I wasn't really factoring in loans being subsidised. Gotcha.

gently caress those students for sleeping though. Honestly.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

Ahh. I wasn't really factoring in loans being subsidised. Gotcha.

gently caress those students for sleeping though. Honestly.

It's like that one infographic about poor people having refrigerators, the decadent fuckers

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Tendai posted:

It's like that one infographic about poor people having refrigerators, the decadent fuckers

I've never been sure about that number. How was that survey phrased?

"Do you have a refrigerator?" Yes, yes I do. "Did you purchase your refrigerator?" Nope, it comes with the apartment. It's mine in that I pay rent on it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
same with air conditioning, which in FL I wouldn't consider by any stretch a luxury

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Not to belabor incels, but this was recently posted again elsewhere and it still makes me laugh in horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

I've never been sure about that number. How was that survey phrased?

"Do you have a refrigerator?" Yes, yes I do. "Did you purchase your refrigerator?" Nope, it comes with the apartment. It's mine in that I pay rent on it.

Something like 99.6% of poor people own a refrigerator.