Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

So after what my dad snagged this is what I have

4 Adoras
2 Faceless One
2 BG Teela
2 Clawful
2 Count Marzo
1 Grizzlor
3 Icarus (Flipshot)
1 Vykron

My buddy scored me a Megator and Moss Man yesterday so I don't need them anymore.
Shooting you a PM!

Edit-- just kidding, looks like I can't!

Anyway, are those figures you're looking to sell? If so, I'd take a Battleground Teela off your hands.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Shooting you a PM!

Edit-- just kidding, looks like I can't!

Anyway, are those figures you're looking to sell? If so, I'd take a Battleground Teela off your hands.

Sorry, no PMs. Email is ryancharleswhite@yahoo.com.

Yes, I'll sell them for my cost, $10.70 + shipping. I can't even scam you guys for gas money because the Big Lots is between my home and where I work. I would like to trade for more MOTU dudes if you guys have any in package that you don't want.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I think Mattel doesn't have a clue what they are doing anymore. The DC and He-Man lines should and could have been very successful at retail. Hell I am utterly amazed that Ghostbusters and Voltron were online exclusives. These are all very popular and/or timeless concepts. What kid doesn't like monsters, super heroes or giant robots?

The American toy market is on the brink of collapse not due to a shrinking market or added competition from other media, it is failing due to utter incompetence by the major companies. The collectors market which has been frankly gouged by the companies for years and years now has major competition from various Japanese manufacturers giving much, much higher quality products for slightly higher price points. Hell look at the sales of something like Hot Toys, which is at a very steep price, but is giving insane quality and value for it.

When I see a Marvel Legends or He-Man figure for $20 and look at a Revoltech for $30-40 it is no contest. Even looking at the quality difference between a Marvel Legends and a Select it is plainly obvious what is a better value.

If Mattel wants to get out of their collectors market, more power to them and good riddance. Honestly same with Hasbro as well. Let them flood the market with more dollar store quality toys and lines. Myself and I think more and more collectors and sick of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Matty's site sucks, what's the best place to find a complete list of all the MOTU Classics released to date? And besides that, is there a place tracking which figures have shown up at Big Lots? I have a few other guys who've contacted me about trading but they're trying to pull a 2for1 bullshit.

Edit: This is what one site says

quote:

Adora
Battleground Teela
Carnivus
Catra
Clawful
Count Marzo
Faceless One
Icarius
King Grayskull
Leech
Man-E-Faces
Megator
Mo-Larr/Skeletor 2-pack
Moss Man – both flocked and unflocked ear variants, flocked being rarer
Orko with Prince Adam – both standard and color changing versions, color changing being rarer
Snout Spout
Sy-Klone
Thunder Punch He-Man

So if anybody has Leech, Snout Spout or TP He-Man I'd be down for them. I'd double down for TP He-Man.

Edit #2: Looks like there's 25 skus in the system. King Greyskull among them. I'd double down for him as well.

Also I've bought way too much poo poo lately. No room in the displays or on the shelves.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 19, 2013

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

So Matty's site sucks, what's the best place to find a complete list of all the MOTU Classics released to date?

I find this to be the most helpful: http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=2009

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Sorry, no PMs. Email is ryancharleswhite@yahoo.com.

Yes, I'll sell them for my cost, $10.70 + shipping. I can't even scam you guys for gas money because the Big Lots is between my home and where I work. I would like to trade for more MOTU dudes if you guys have any in package that you don't want.
Email sent!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Maybe not the right thread, but it's the only toy thread I know of.

I've recently fallen in love with the Alien franchise and I want to throw money at it like a terrible goon. Not too much, but I'd like a Queen Alien [something] and a regular alien/warrior alien [something] to sit on my bookshelf. It seems like they're out of style at the moment, though, because I can't find any busts or statuettes that aren't discontinued and massively marked up.

There are apparently new 'Revoltech' (not sure if that's the brand) figurines out of Japan in October, but they're only 6" tall. I was hoping for something bigger. I also see that McFarlane did some Alien figurines back in 2003 and I can buy them off eBay but his designs are always matte city and look garbage without proper lighting.

So... Any ideas? :shobon:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

NECA has a Queen out next year.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Are there any details on its scale? I can't find much about it other than its coming for Christmas/early 2014.

The 1:4 Queen head bust would have been perfect but I don't have $1,000+ to spend on it. :smith:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It should be 7" scale to go with their Hudson and Hicks that came out this year. Bishop is currently being sculpted as well.

The Xeno Warrior they just put out is pretty awesome too.

They are also doing a 35th Alien anniversary and redoing the original Alien, Jonesy the Cat, Ash, have all been confirmed. They are trying really hard to get Ripley, but still no word.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Looks like the DCUC subscription failed to hit its mark, while MotU squeaked by in the last few hours yesterday.

Now to see if they miraculously find a way to still push out the DC sub in spite of it all...

[edit] Official announcement:

Matty posted:

Club Eternia

The fight was hard won, but you guys did it! In fact, since the final tally blew right past our goal we can start to think about adding a few non-sub items as well. But please be patient. Once we know what we’ll be able to offer, the earliest that we’re likely to announce anything will be at next year’s New York Toy Fair in February 2014. For now, the important thing is that the MOTUC subscription will go on, and we’ll have another amazing year packed with figures and accessories that fans have been waiting for!

Club Infinite Earths & Ecto-1 Pre-Order

Every super hero knows you can’t win ‘em all and we’re sorry to say we did not reach our goal for the DCU 2014 Club Infinite Earths subscription. We also did not reach our goal for the Ecto-1 pre-order. We’d like to say a HUGE thank you to all the fans for waging such a good, strong fight. It will take us a while to figure out where we can go from here. It may be possible to release a few DCU figures quarterly, or to release 12 figures at higher non-subscription prices. Or, we may have to say a final goodbye to this line at the end of this year. Without the sub, we just don’t know what’s possible at this point. Over the next few months we’ll be meeting internally and with all of our partners at Warner Bros., DC Comics, and Sony, and we’ll let you know as soon as we can what our options are.

A special note to all the fans: We know that some of you had to make a difficult choice about which subscription you could sign up for. Since we now know that the 2014 MOTUC sub is moving forward, we plan to reopen the Club Eternia® subscription for a short time soon to give anyone who wants another chance to subscribe. Click here to register and get a special email reminder about this. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums for updates and reminders there, too.

I look forward to paying $80 for rubber-suit Doomsday.

funtax fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 20, 2013

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Does this mean the end of the bullshit they pull where subscribers get early access to sales? They only have one loving subscription now, how can you justify that?

Also, supposedly the MOTU sub jumped like 25 points in the last 4 hours. That sounds totally legit. My theory is they were desperate to make sure at least one sub made it and it was the most plausible but since they make sure it's not a transparent system, all we can do is speculate.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

RevKrule posted:

Does this mean the end of the bullshit they pull where subscribers get early access to sales? They only have one loving subscription now, how can you justify that?

Also, supposedly the MOTU sub jumped like 25 points in the last 4 hours. That sounds totally legit. My theory is they were desperate to make sure at least one sub made it and it was the most plausible but since they make sure it's not a transparent system, all we can do is speculate.

Big lots signed up for a few subs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

funtax posted:

Looks like the DCUC subscription failed to hit its mark, while MotU squeaked by in the last few hours yesterday.

Now to see if they miraculously find a way to still push out the DC sub in spite of it all...

[edit] Official announcement:

I look forward to paying $80 for rubber-suit Doomsday.

Thats a hell of a squeak. I checked their page last night around 11:45 and they only had 84% of the sub. Bummed about the Ecto-1 though.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
16% in 15 minutes?
It's the toy equivalent of a team buying out its own empty seats to claim a sell-out crowd and avoid a TV blackout!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

It should be 7" scale to go with their Hudson and Hicks that came out this year. Bishop is currently being sculpted as well.

The Xeno Warrior they just put out is pretty awesome too.

They are also doing a 35th Alien anniversary and redoing the original Alien, Jonesy the Cat, Ash, have all been confirmed. They are trying really hard to get Ripley, but still no word.
I didn't know they'd confirmed Ash, but I know we're getting Kane, Dallas, and Bishop.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Future Son posted:

16% in 15 minutes?
It's the toy equivalent of a team buying out its own empty seats to claim a sell-out crowd and avoid a TV blackout!

In their defense, they tweeted something about the meters not being updated a few hours before midnight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So you think the Ecto-1 will just never happen now?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Who knows. Mattel is good at the "gently caress you guys, I'm going home" game, so I wouldn't put it past them to be douches about it.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Also the people on He-man.org had a pretty massive rally going, including some crazies who were willing to match any new subscribers.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

The_Doctor posted:

Seems unlikely. The price-point on it was REALLY high and unless they're totally full of poo poo the non-subscriber price would need to be EVEN HIGHER to make it feasible at retail. I just can't see them trying to sell a $250 Ghostbusters vehicle at TRU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Goon posted:

Also the people on He-man.org had a pretty massive rally going, including some crazies who were willing to match any new subscribers.

I used to post there a lot back in the day and it's always been full of loonies.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

As much as I'd like Ice to finish off JLI or a giant Doomsday (containment suit or otherwise) I can't say I'm terribly upset about DCIE dying. There's tons of figures I'd have loved to see (the other three primary Rogues & Indigo-1 being the big ones) but for the increasing price and declining quality control there was just no reason to continue. I'm much happier supporting Four Horsemen directly for their indie lines and maybe getting certain DC figs if they're offered but I'd just as soon wash my hands of Matty and Digital River for good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sanschel posted:

As much as I'd like Ice to finish off JLI or a giant Doomsday (containment suit or otherwise) I can't say I'm terribly upset about DCIE dying. There's tons of figures I'd have loved to see (the other three primary Rogues & Indigo-1 being the big ones) but for the increasing price and declining quality control there was just no reason to continue. I'm much happier supporting Four Horsemen directly for their indie lines and maybe getting certain DC figs if they're offered but I'd just as soon wash my hands of Matty and Digital River for good.

I just hope people get fired over the MattyCollector stuff, it's too slanted towards resellers and not people who just want to collect action figures. They didn't meet their goals not because people hated DC stuff or had no desire for it, they just didn't want to put up with Matty's Bullshit. They announce an all encompassing subscription and then release surprise chase figures that are up for 40 minutes that are not part of it, SDCC exclusives are not included either, they axe the giant figures and replace them with multipacks, and every time there is an event their site crashes or has a queue.

Also some dude spent a few thousand signing up for subscriptions for that He-Man.org match. Like he's going to be getting 20-25 figures a month.

Mattel would probably be better off selling MOTU to Hasbro or Playmates or something who can actually turn out collector lines in stores and have fairly decent case ratios. Stuff like the MOTUC guys should not be costing 30 dollars. They should be like 10-15 dollars, even though this month's figure Castaspella is the spitting image of Peg Bundy.

Magical Peg Bundy should still not be 30 dollars, it should be way cheaper. You cannot justify it when the toys share 60-80% of the same parts with each other.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd pay $50 for an actual Peg Bundy figure.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'd pay $50 for an actual Peg Bundy figure.

$100 for a Peg, Al, and couch set.

Now if Hot Toys got a Married With Children... line, holy poo poo.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

WendigoJohnson posted:

Also some dude spent a few thousand signing up for subscriptions for that He-Man.org match. Like he's going to be getting 20-25 figures a month.

I was wondering how the Castle Grayskull pre-order got through and not the Ecto-1, but I think I figured it out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

At $501 for the sub for the year NOT including shipping/taxes, if he ordered ~25 subs, he's spending $12,525 next year on He-Man figures. :psyduck:

Suddenly my Hot Toys budget doesn't seem so terrible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gann Jerrod posted:

I was wondering how the Castle Grayskull pre-order got through and not the Ecto-1, but I think I figured it out.

Ghostbusters fans aren't that rabid, apparently. It's a 'oh yeah, that'd be cool', but considering the line has been given the dick so many times by Matty previously, people have given up. They've pretty much said the figures line had ceased long ago, and then a year later expect people to come running back when they announce a hugely overpriced car which needs a bunch of pre-orders? Naw, trick.

If the Ghostbusters figures were in stores, they'd do a ton better. Sit them next to the NECA figures at TRU and watch them sell. I've had people see mine and say they didn't even know GB figures existed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Ghostbusters fans aren't that rabid, apparently. It's a 'oh yeah, that'd be cool', but considering the line has been given the dick so many times by Matty previously, people have given up. They've pretty much said the figures line had ceased long ago, and then a year later expect people to come running back when they announce a hugely overpriced car which needs a bunch of pre-orders? Naw, trick.

If the Ghostbusters figures were in stores, they'd do a ton better. Sit them next to the NECA figures at TRU and watch them sell. I've had people see mine and say they didn't even know GB figures existed.

Like an abusive husband who tells me he's changed, I ran back into Matty's arms and ordered that drat car and the figures. My goggles will be here Wednesday, and I'll order the thrower when it comes out in December.

Why can't I quit you Matty.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

The_Doctor posted:

If the Ghostbusters figures were in stores, they'd do a ton better. Sit them next to the NECA figures at TRU and watch them sell.

They did sell Ghostbusters toys at Toys R Us, but they were either Mego styled Real Ghostbusters or a four pack of Ghostbusters 2 suits with Santa hats and fake tans.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

They did sell Ghostbusters toys at Toys R Us, but they were either Mego styled Real Ghostbusters or a four pack of Ghostbusters 2 suits with Santa hats and fake tans.

I remember seeing the 4 pack, but it was pricey, and I never saw it on clearance.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The reason the Ghostbusters figures didn't sell was because they were bad figures. They wanted to use that same reuse model they use for MOTUC and DCUC but it doesn't work when you are trying to do a movie line. All the sculpts were soft and on top of that they used next to no paint applications to try and save those sculpts. Mattel did the Ghostbuster thing in themselves and then blamed the fans when they didn't thank them for making it.

Ecto-1 was doomed the intant they thought $215 was a good price for it. There was an audible audience groan when they announced how much it would be at SDCC, it died right there. On top of that they used it as an opportunity to fleece people for another $100 because the busters people already bought didn't have removable backpacks and won't fit in the car. Greed bit them in the rear end.

Grayskull is no where near worth the $250 asking price but it is more justifiable because the line is still going on. And it is kind of a pinnacle item for people who have been collecting MOTUC for 5 or so years and have over 100 MOTUC figures. It's also probably about three times the size of Ecto-1.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'll agree with all that too. I'm only in it for the proton gun (and pack if they do it) from now on.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I'll agree with all that too. I'm only in it for the proton gun (and pack if they do it) from now on.

Yeah if the gun is any indicator of them being willing to part out the proton pack, I'm all for it. Hell, even with the gun you can build the pack and save yourself $300 or so on the custom parts for the gun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

Yeah if the gun is any indicator of them being willing to part out the proton pack, I'm all for it. Hell, even with the gun you can build the pack and save yourself $300 or so on the custom parts for the gun.

Oh hell yeah. The pack itself is much easier (and cheaper) to build than the gun.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found a Star Wars Black Sandtrooper today at Toys R Us. This is my second purchase in the line (Luke being my first), and I have to say I am very impressed. The articulation is great and well-hidden, the paint apps are good, and it's just an all-around great figure. I'll pick up an R2-D2 when I find one with decent paint apps, but I'm not sure If I will pick up a Maul.

I'm really looking foward to the Han Solo and Boba Fett in series 2.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maul is extremely well done, I grabbed him and have not been sorry. The first wave of the black line is fantastic all around.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Sandtroopers (and later Stormtroopers) are likely going to be harder to find, because despite the high price, I still see plenty of people around wanting to (small) army build them.

I picked up Luke and R2 and love them. The face sculpts on most of the line so far are not as detailed as I would like for $20, but they do come with some with some good accessories which helps make up for things a bit. Maul is the exception here, he's drat near perfect, but his tattoo face hides a lot of detail that would be there in a normal character.

The Maul figure being so well done made me want to buy him, but I just couldn't justify another $20 on a character I have little attachment to, from a movie I don't really like. (still might change my mind)

I really hope the Han in Carbonite accessory is made available again somewhere else in the line. The stand they give you to make it appear to be floating is really awesome and I'm disappointed the prices are (expectedly) crazy high on ebay for the Fett/Han exclusive.

I've already got the whole case of Wave 2 preordered.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Made a couple of customizations to my movie Superman toy...

I removed the original plastic cape, added some thin sheets of metal to his shoulders, cut a cloth cape and attached magnets to it.. BAM.. Superman with removable cape.