Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabbo
Aug 20, 2010

Robin Sparkles posted:

Are you allowed to carry a calculator on your person? If so, when this happens just quickly take it out, enter the cash they give you then minus the order total and then you have how much change to give them. I do this constantly at work.

I did this at my old job and would keep getting assholes mocking me for not being able to do quick subtraction in my head. One guy straight up called me an idiot then started ranting about the state of education these days!!1

You'd think people would appreciate me making sure I wouldn't mess up the amount of change I give back, but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Dabbo posted:

I did this at my old job and would keep getting assholes mocking me for not being able to do quick subtraction in my head. One guy straight up called me an idiot then started ranting about the state of education these days!!1

I usually talk out loud to myself as I count change so I don't lose my place. One time I did this I had a customer remark that women always have trouble with math.

In other job news, we suddenly have a new general manager. Haven't met the guy yet, but he's apparently an okay guy. Then again, that's what we said about the one that just left. This is the third GM we've had since I've started (and we're on our third operations manager as well), and I haven't even been there for a year yet.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

KariOhki posted:

I usually talk out loud to myself as I count change so I don't lose my place.

This is a really good system. Get the math right and no need for a calculator, plus it keeps your math muscle from atrophying.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
But then people assume you're some kind of high-functioning retard because you talk to yourself while counting, and :sigh: You just can't win.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Hell our manager wants us to count it out loud. Once as it comes out of the till and then once as we count it back to the customer. Its suppose to help keep down on shorts or overages, a few people have even complemented on the fact we do it.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But then people assume you're some kind of high-functioning retard because you talk to yourself while counting, and :sigh: You just can't win.

I also talk to myself while writing things down. Keeps my writing neat (important when telling old ladies how to get onto the internet), and avoids misspellings. Haven't gotten a comment on that habit yet.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

When dealing with change. Take the total, and grab change until it meets what they paid with.

$8.26 paid with a $20.
four pennies, two dimes, two quarterts, a loonie and a ten dollar bill.

poo poo fall apart when they add in extra change though. my brain just stops when trying when something terrible happens. Such as $8.26 paid with $20.30

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

The General posted:

When dealing with change. Take the total, and grab change until it meets what they paid with.

$8.26 paid with a $20.
four pennies, two dimes, two quarterts, a loonie and a ten dollar bill.

poo poo fall apart when they add in extra change though. my brain just stops when trying when something terrible happens. Such as $8.26 paid with $20.30

$12.04. Took me half a second. My math brain actually works when money is involved for some reason.

Was ringing one of the managers up for her soda and poo poo today when I was otherwise closed. Guy came up with a Pepsi and a Snickers. I would've taken him...but the manager checking out said that I wasn't open.

Guy threw his poo poo down, said "WELL NEITHER AM I", and walked out mumbling something about standing in line and a guy that didn't have money :psyduck:

These loving people...a 5-day vacation was not nearly long enough. Can I have another 2...months? :qq:

Saberjackal
Oct 21, 2008

Going around, and around, and around...
Today I was farted on by a customer.

Yes, while talking to a customer he made a half turn and let one fly directly at me and walked away. Normally most customers here are not too bad but that astonished me. I know that we're often seen as less than human or second class but still actually turning and FARTING on someone? Really?

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Saberjackal posted:

Yes, while talking to a customer he made a half turn and let one fly directly at me and walked away. Normally most customers here are not too bad but that astonished me. I know that we're often seen as less than human or second class but still actually turning and FARTING on someone? Really?

I am so sorry but that just cracked me up. If only he had blamed barking spiders too.

So yup, new girl who really doesn't get it just put in her two weeks. gently caress me gently with a chainsaw really motherfuckers? I am wrangling a day off before her time is up but jesus gently caress just really. Onto the next one.

*Edit Well she just walked out on her shift...like just threw her hands up said gently caress it and left the place un manned. Awesome talk with the boss forthcoming I am sure. Kill me now.

SlaveToTheGrinds fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 18, 2012

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

Saberjackal posted:

This reminded me of when I worked in a restaurant and an old man said there was a leak from the ceiling behind his chair. I bent over to wipe it up and the man stood up and farted very loudly directly in my face.

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011

Saberjackal posted:

I one time had this guy arguing with me about the price of a suit for entirely too long of a time, but I didn't have any other customers behind him in line so I was like ok whatever. He was getting it on mega-clearance anyway and the entire suit (pants + jacket) would have been like $100 originally $300+ so I don't even know. Anyway, he abruptly stopped crying about the price and checked out super quickly, and then as soon as he walked away, I smelled it, the most silent but deadly fart known to man. I now wonder if the guy had some kind of ... thing ... about farting in public around unsuspecting retail employees.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
This close to killing the new assistant manager. I get back from lunch and she's bitching about her counts and her till is closed. The other till is still open so between loving customers I have to not only count down but also drop money and check out people all the while keeping track of a never ending till. As soon as she was down with counts she left and I was still counting and dealing with checking people out. Some days I wish I could shoot my self in the store just so people besides me would have to clean up after some one else's mess.

Edit. Also she bagged zero ice, did not fill up the milk shake machine, did no trash and did not even look at the woman's restroom I honestly hate this bitch. If she asks me one more time "where's Wilma?" I'm going to scream. Yes I get it my names Fred like Fred flinstone I got it the first dozen times.

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 19, 2012

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
As if adjusting to managing a department wasn't bad enough, my old manager is STILL harping on about how I wasn't trained enough before I got the position and she doesn't think I can do it. Except now she's saying it to other people and in front of the people that work under me. Like, what the gently caress. Way to boost my confidence.

Yes, it's one of the hardest departments to run, but gently caress you. You had nothing but great things to say about me until I got promoted out from under you, and now that I'm not there to take up the slack of everyone else and get all your poo poo done I suddenly suck? Uhg.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Darth Freddy posted:

This close to killing the new assistant manager. I get back from lunch and she's bitching about her counts and her till is closed. The other till is still open so between loving customers I have to not only count down but also drop money and check out people all the while keeping track of a never ending till. As soon as she was down with counts she left and I was still counting and dealing with checking people out. Some days I wish I could shoot my self in the store just so people besides me would have to clean up after some one else's mess.

Edit. Also she bagged zero ice, did not fill up the milk shake machine, did no trash and did not even look at the woman's restroom I honestly hate this bitch. If she asks me one more time "where's Wilma?" I'm going to scream. Yes I get it my names Fred like Fred flinstone I got it the first dozen times.

So where's Wilma? :allears:

Seriously, how the gently caress is she still an AM? It's not even incompetence, it's sheer loving laziness. I can't even fathom how she expects you to do all that poo poo. Is there a higher-up you can bitch to or does she have friends above you?

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

D34THROW posted:

So where's Wilma? :allears:

Seriously, how the gently caress is she still an AM? It's not even incompetence, it's sheer loving laziness. I can't even fathom how she expects you to do all that poo poo. Is there a higher-up you can bitch to or does she have friends above you?

Shes brand new and was "already there for 12 hours" I will still be talking to the manager about it either way, bring it up all polite and poo poo. As for friends above me, theres 4 people in the store right now. Manager, her, co worker and me, so unless she fucks up hard core then nothing will be done simply because right now they need every single person they can get a hold of. By my self I am getting a little over 50 hours a week.

So after 65 bags of ice, stocking everything and cleaning I finally got to go home. To put that in perspective that's 650 pounds of ice, I bitterly emptied out of the ice maker to fill the cooler. All I can say is thank god for this speaker, and my ipod. At least keeps me sane.
http://www.amazon.com/X-Mini-II-Capsule-Speaker-Black/dp/B001UEBN42

Edit. You know what the spell check type stays because it makes sense.

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 19, 2012

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
We FINALLY called the police on some kids last night.
We heard a loud banging and after a few minutes I decided to go check it out, and sure enough there was a group of about 5 kids throwing balls against the wall beside my store. I asked them to cut it out, and they immediately got on the defence and told me they bought an air horn and were going to use it, etc. (I think because I'm 22 kids decide I'm not worth listening to. Whatever.) At that moment, it could not have been more perfect timing, the active keyholder came running out of the store with the phone and said "Oh yeah? I'm calling the police RIGHT NOW!" I don't think that running out screaming was the best tactic, though because they just laughed. So she called the police and the kids hung around while we waited for them to show up, I guess they didn't believe us. I think all the cop did was talk to them and tell them to leave, but I think they realize we will call them.

And as an added bonus, a group of younger kids who had been yelled at for stealing before were in at the same time, and thought we were calling the police on them. We told them no we weren't, but that we will call the police if we catch them again.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Caught the flu last weekend and missed three shifts.

Boss 'took me off the schedule' for the rest of the week. Fine, whatever, he's petty like that, tighten my belt for a paycheck.

Call up there last night to get my schedule for this week, am told to call back in the morning and talk to the store director.

Call today and told that I've been 'taken off the schedule' indefinitely. Fuckm they couldn't tell me I've been fired last night?

Guess I'm applying for unemployment first thing on Monday. Not like I made much to begin with, but it's the principal of the thing.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
People, just because glass clanks does not mean it's going to break. Don't act like a nuclear bomb went off when I hit two bottles together, you look like a loving idiot.
And I'm not even exaggerating, people will do that jump up, cover their face, wince, raise one leg thing.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Ah, just for shits and giggles, let me post some pictures from the shithole I work in.

For starters, I don't even know why they let this crap get past the warehouse. This is just ridiculous. Then again, when you're selling product for a dollar...

Anybody wanna take a guess what product box this is on and where we store said product?

This is one of our beach crap displays. That door is the door to the office. There's not a lot of room to get in and out of there with those goddamn boxes.

The food area of our stockroom. Not only is everything cockeyed, but apparently that's also the right place for a couple pallets of bleach!

I'm waiting for the day this all comes down, especially since the heavier stuff ends up on top for some frickin' reason.

The Powerade's been sitting there for 3 months now. The tower used to be a lot higher...until I bumped against it pulling cases of soda out from the corner and half of the cases of Powerade fell on me. Can you see the Mountain Dew sitting under boxes? Pulling cases is a loving NIGHTMARE.

Also, S, when I tell you to pull $400 from my drawer, then reconsider and say make it $300, please make it $300 so you don't take half of my precious $10s because I don't have enough $20s to make $400, and DON'T loving yell at me for "telling you what to do". Have you been running this loving drawer all night? No. I have. I'm the one that has an idea what the gently caress is in there, so trust me when I tell you what to pull.

Oh, and thanks for rushing out of there and leaving the store looking like poo poo. Yeah, all that time you spent loving around up front condensing clip strips and blowing up MORE goddamn balloons could have been better spent fronting. You stupid loving twat, I hope you DO tell the manager you won't close with me anymore, because I'm loving sick of you too.

Signed,
gently caress off and die, you old bitch.

I hate retail. :smithicide:

EDIT: Also, it's really loving absurd how many people don't understand you have to be 18 to buy fireworks in the state of Florida. You know how parents let their kids pay for their own poo poo? I'm waiting for the parent that raises hell because I can't let their 10-year-old drop an armful of fireworks on the counter and pay for them with birthday money.

Most of the time, the parents just buy the fireworks for the kid. Fine, no skin off my nose, you're over 18 and I checked your ID. Just don't loving sue when your stupid kid sets their hair on fire with a sparkler or blows their hand off with the lovely firecrackers.

I put up signs today saying you have to be 18 with ID to buy fireworks. Bet I still get kids trying to.

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 20, 2012

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Just got back from a 13 1/2 hour shift. Come on people, be more responsible and don't get plastered the night before and become sick the next day.

I told my boss that I'd work a day next week during my week vacation to help fill shifts for a day that everybody seems to have a kid going to some sort of graduation. Now that 1 day may turn to 2 or 3 days due to big shots coming to town :suicide:.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.

Taco Pirate posted:

I one time had this guy arguing with me about the price of a suit for entirely too long of a time, but I didn't have any other customers behind him in line so I was like ok whatever. He was getting it on mega-clearance anyway and the entire suit (pants + jacket) would have been like $100 originally $300+ so I don't even know. Anyway, he abruptly stopped crying about the price and checked out super quickly, and then as soon as he walked away, I smelled it, the most silent but deadly fart known to man. I now wonder if the guy had some kind of ... thing ... about farting in public around unsuspecting retail employees.
Could be he accidentally poo poo his pants.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I saw something very unusual at work today. A man brought in a 9 foot long, 90lb albino python named Ice. Beautiful snake and it freaked out some old people which got a huge laugh out of me. Some little kids were very interested in it but when the guy asked if they wanted to pet it, one little girl kindly went, "NO THANK YOU."

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

silversiren posted:

I saw something very unusual at work today. A man brought in a 9 foot long, 90lb albino python named Ice. Beautiful snake and it freaked out some old people which got a huge laugh out of me. Some little kids were very interested in it but when the guy asked if they wanted to pet it, one little girl kindly went, "NO THANK YOU."

Wish he'd asked me. I love snakes.

Found out today that besides me, 4 other associates are sick of working with S. Two of us are ready to walk out on her. I'm going to try and get a couple of us together to talk to the manager.

It's not that I want S fired...I just think she needs some serious classes in retail management and leadership, because running a bar does not translate well to managing retail.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

silversiren posted:

When I worked in a pet store, a lady came in with a redtail boa. It was probably, oh, seven feet or so. Really at that size you need two people to handle the snake. But to most snake keepers, gently caress, they are so awesome they don't need another handler!

So it was no surprise to me that the lady was a total oval office and stood near the mice and rat cages and chatted away to anyone who listened how great her snake was, while her kids ran around the store, and the snake kept bumping its head against the glass cages, trying to find a way to the rodents.

Don't get me wrong, I love snakes and keep close to 20 of them. But you don't take a snake to a retail store, even something like Petsmart is iffy. Especially if the snake is large, hasn't fed recently, etc. People would shrug off a cute dog biting a kid; people would throw a fit if a large dog did. People would get the lynch mob and call the police if a snake bit a kid, especially a large constrictor.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
Haha holy gently caress how dumb do you have to be to stand next to a cage of rodents holding a huge snake. Can you imagine the headlines. "WOMAN'S PET SNAKE TRIES TO KILL HER IN FRONT OF TERRIFIED CHILDREN" Idiot.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Well it's that time again the next week schedule is out. Amanda quit 23 days ago. Since then we have had only one day off a week and that's if we don't get called in. Maybe get to take a lunch every few days. Work any where from 8-12 hours a day. The manager keeps on saying she is looking for some one, but that's going poo poo. Out of a dozen aplications only three were worthy enough for her to call and those three all did not turn off their phones. As for the others they either have bad references, young kids, go to school or they have tattoos and don't look the part. To her a good reference is some one going to church every week. That's not conjecture that's me eavesdropping as she talks to the owner. I want to leave so bad but I'm. It the type just to walk off and I don't know where I would work after.

Edit. I have no idea why I spelled that girls full name. Also memorial day and graduation or coming up gently caress me.

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 21, 2012

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
Welp I'm definitely screwed now. 3 cash-related write ups in less than 90 days, just from being a stupid-rear end.
Tomorrow I get to have a "meeting" with the store manager in which I am almost certain I'll be fired. Not sure what else would happen. My fault for being so stupid!

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I saw this on Tumblr and thought some of you would find this amusing. I hate reading reviews on Yelp, especially for food places. They're always over stupid poo poo like, "I brought in a party of 20 on a Friday and nobody was prepared to deal with me!!!!!"

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ugh I've been treading water the last few months since our morning stocker crew was cut from 3 to me and a 60 year old man. Before we'd come in at 6am and freight would be broken and preloaded on boats, while we unloaded on to the shelves my opening manager would shoot the empty spots for me to fill from top stock/ adjust out. I was JUST barely able to get the 4-5 page reports done every day because it was just me doing them for the entire store.
Cut to this new Customer Service Program where we arent allowed to task from 11am-4pm, nothing but helping customers no matter how slow it is. We now come in at 7am, freight is now broken/boated/loaded by me and the old guy <30 minutes per pallet from break to top stock,so about 2.5 hours>, i shoot my own outs and fill <somehow before 10 when i wasn't able to do them before noon before>, basic cleaning up of receiving <sweep, break boxes, empty the baler, stack pallets, etc.> , basically all carryouts go through me and starting next week i got inventory prep and a new scan put away for every item in the store. Life is grand.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Everyday Lurker posted:

:staredog: I don't understand how people think they can get away with this poo poo. I wonder if she did/does this to every employee or only the ones she thinks have no way of fighting back.

I knew co-workers who would have put her lights out and dared her hubby to come after them, so they can get their friends/cousins to go stomp on hubby's head, too.

This entire thread is why I not only have no desire to work in retail, but always looked for jobs that didn't involve being in retail. Better a warehouse where you only have to deal with dodging supervisors and maintaining the illusion of busyness that deal with...that.

The development in the whole story is that nothing happened.

She threatened me with physical violence twice to my face for no reason, there was even a witness, but the witness doesn't like me either so I couldn't drag that employee into it.

I was taken into the office with the lady that threatened me about three weeks after the incident, and then had to sign a paper that I understood that my employer doesn't tolerate things like they just tolerated.

My store manager was like "Well a camera doesn't tell me what she said so just try and stay away from her I guess?" and now the retail hierarchy has shifted to where the employee who hates me and can't be a witness is now going to be my boss, hes good friends with the woman who threatened me.

The best part of the whole thing though is that the middle manager that lectured me on the employers code of conduct started out by saying "There have been some nasty things said on both sides" and I immediately said "One side. There were nasty things said on one side" to which the manager told me not to argue with him and that he wasn't taking sides.

It made me realize that somehow when put through the retail filter, I actually look bad for what someone else did to me. The middle management don't give enough of a poo poo to read the actual complaint I filed and just heard that we had a conflict and since I'm involved in an incident therefore they have to lecture me, not let me argue and forcefully explain tolerance to me.

That's about the part of the day when I realize I'm making minimum wage and would probably be better served just living under a bridge at this point.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Everyday Lurker posted:

This entire thread is why I not only have no desire to work in retail, but always looked for jobs that didn't involve being in retail. Better a warehouse where you only have to deal with dodging supervisors and maintaining the illusion of busyness that deal with...that.

I'm curious, what type of warehouse jobs do you mean? Distribution centers for large retailers? I ask because I'm desperately trying to get a non-sales floor/cashier position but I'm sort of lost on where to look. I have a B.S. but zero non-cashier experience so I wonder which jobs would consider me 'overeducated' and pass me over.

This is probably the wrong thread in which to ask, since it's the retail bitching thread but I'm in retail and hating every minute of it. Space Crabs, save some room under that bridge for me please.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 22, 2012

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Dear every coffee serving place, please eradicate the word mocha from your menus or at the very least have an explanation of what your version of mocha is. Thank you. Apparently even though my place has an espresso machine and mocha flavored syrup we don't serve "real" mochas like Starbucks or some other joint I've never heard of. Jesus people all it is is another word for loving chocolate.

scaper exile
Feb 27, 2008
The first job I ever had was as a cartboy in a large grocery store. Normally it was a pretty chill job even when the weather was bad as I had no-one really supervising me and I was enough of a ninja that I could randomly take off for an hour without anyone noticing.

A few things really bothered me though.

People asking for seasonal items the day before the actual holiday and getting pissy at me personally because I did not buy enough pumpkins/candy canes/hot cross buns for the appropriate holiday.

People leaving snot rags in the shopping carts...people leaving diapers in the shopping carts...people leaving open diapers full of loose oily stool dripping all over the place. Tampons.

I saw people lay beatdowns on their kids in the parking lot. I saw one or two guys manhandle their women and threaten "attitude adjustments" when they got home.

I did not usually work Thursdays 9-5 and I only did so once. Those were hours that encouraged old people to shop through some kind of discount or sale I can't remember. I just remember telling my manager that my nerves were shot by the end of the day from all the old people backing up within inches of me or my carts. I had to push my carts in front of me a good ten feet out of the way and take steps backwards to avoid being hit at least once.

E: Oh I forgot my lovely union representative. The one thing I asked her to do was to investigate the possibility of wearing non standard and waterproof footwear in the parking lot as the skin on my feet was literally coming off in layers from trenchfoot. She of course did nothing.

scaper exile fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 23, 2012

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I did not lose my job. I would like to know which god is smiling down upon me so I can thank them.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Space Crabs posted:

The best part of the whole thing though is that the middle manager that lectured me on the employers code of conduct started out by saying "There have been some nasty things said on both sides" and I immediately said "One side. There were nasty things said on one side" to which the manager told me not to argue with him and that he wasn't taking sides.

Get out right now. If that's the attitude your boss is going to take then things will only get worse.

CUMGUARD
Nov 22, 2004

Aw, hell no! What's up, dog?

silversiren posted:

I did not lose my job. I would like to know which god is smiling down upon me so I can thank them.

one that hates you

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

silversiren posted:

Congraru-commiserations! Did they say why, or was it just a case of "make sure you're concentrating from here on out".

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Shnooks posted:

I saw this on Tumblr and thought some of you would find this amusing. I hate reading reviews on Yelp, especially for food places. They're always over stupid poo poo like, "I brought in a party of 20 on a Friday and nobody was prepared to deal with me!!!!!"

I want that sandwich, badly. I am hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot

CUMGUARD posted:

one that hates you

Quite possibly.

rolleyes posted:

Congraru-commiserations! Did they say why, or was it just a case of "make sure you're concentrating from here on out".

It was basically "don't gently caress this poo poo up again or you're doomed".
I came in that day just absolutely dreading being there. It got to the point where I was actually considering just walking out and not coming back. But I thought that maybe, MAYBE, I would have some sliver of a chance, so I talked to another manager who didn't know about the situation. I basically told her I was sick of this stupid waiting game and I didn't think it was fair to me to keep it waiting, and if they were going to do something they needed to do it now. So she told me to take a short break and she went and talked with the store manager and the assistant manager. While I was waiting outside the store, she came back out and told me that they'd talked it over and that nothing further was going to happen, no action was going to be taken against me. I just have to make no more mistakes and be triply sure that everything I'm doing is right when it comes to money, even if it means taking longer to do my transactions.
Even so, I'm still within my 90 days so I'm going to wait until those 90 days are up until I start doing anything like the braces, just to be absolutely sure.