Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Keldroc posted:

But, as a result, it looked like this, so the point is kind of moot.

Not until the Transformers RiD line would a more hilarious leg-to-rest-of-robot proportion be achieved, perhaps not coincidentally by another trainbot.

That's mistransformed, the panels above the legs move down and give the appearance of more even proportions between the legs and torso. Doesn't help the arms though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I honestly don't see how Hasbro could do any better

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
:homebrew: I never thought we'd have the current Transformers movie franchise to thank for some manner of Dinobot Renaissance.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I have Scoria on preorder at TFsource. When are these guys expected to ship out? It's a good thing I got a raise at work.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aaronicon posted:

:homebrew: I never thought we'd have the current Transformers movie franchise to thank for some manner of Dinobot Renaissance.

The video games are more responsible for this. Even TF4 owes it's thanks to how well High Moon did with the Dinobots.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ka0 posted:

I'm so glad he's neck articulation in pteranodon mode, even if the joint does look a little wonky. A masterpiece Dinobot should be just as poseable in dinosaur (or Ornithodira) mode as in robot mode. They've also already shown the toy color version too, which I'm guessing means they'll be releasing them closer together. We still haven't seen the toy color version of their Slag, not that it'll be all that different.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

The video games are more responsible for this. Even TF4 owes it's thanks to how well High Moon did with the Dinobots.

I will not consider it an success until we have an official Sludge.

Yeah getting another version of Grimlock or Slag is one thing since nobody hates a T-Rex or Triceratops. And there's been quite a few Pterosaurs already.

But Sludge has not had his name used since the Walmart Dinobots line where he was a Dimetrodon. There has not been a Transformer that used a version of his alt mode since G1.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Ka0 posted:

Love it. Will go with the cartoon accurate blue version, but it's very cool that they're being careful to cater to both toon and toy fans with this line.

The Taint Reaper posted:

But Sludge has not had his name used since the Walmart Dinobots line where he was a Dimetrodon. There has not been a Transformer that used a version of his alt mode since G1.

Sludge's alt mode didn't actually exist, so I can see where they're coming from on that one. Still, you gotta wonder why/when Hasbro decided kids don't like sauropods.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 21, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I will not consider it an success until we have an official Sludge.

Yeah getting another version of Grimlock or Slag is one thing since nobody hates a T-Rex or Triceratops. And there's been quite a few Pterosaurs already.

I said this before, but I think from a design viewpoint the typical sauropod is kinda not very exciting. When you transform Sludge into a robot, there's no significant dinosaur part to stick on him. Maybe the best option is if they stop using the diplodocid sauropod form and maybe use something like a brachiosaurid (longer front limbs and head crest).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

I said this before, but I think from a design viewpoint the typical sauropod is kinda not very exciting. When you transform Sludge into a robot, there's no significant dinosaur part to stick on him. Maybe the best option is if they stop using the diplodocid sauropod form and maybe use something like a brachiosaurid (longer front limbs and head crest).

A Brachiosaurus would be fine:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

BBTS put up a proerder for Soar in both G1 and cartoon colors, I guess since Scoria will be more G1 I might as well get that one.

G1 - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10005&mode=retail

Cartoon - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10004&mode=retail

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I got sucked down the third party rabbit hole and preordered the MBC Military Titans upgrade set.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I still can't preorder it (gotta do it before the early bird and SDCC bonus parts expire at BBTS) but I'm super excited for that one too. I don't care that you have to partsform Vortex and Blast Off since they come apart super easy anyway.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, blue Swoop for me too. The red one is too red, the torso becomes just a big red blob to me. Looks super cool though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
geez 200 bucks, that's like more than an entire wave of Generations. Entire run of Dinobots are gonna be like 1k in total.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

geez 200 bucks, that's like more than an entire wave of Generations. Entire run of Dinobots are gonna be like 1k in total.

Gonna be fantastic too!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

Gonna be fantastic too!

Are they all like Voyager size or leader size?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why cookie Rocket posted:

That's a really great request, as the whole "there's no white optimus" thing seems to be a major point of debate on Stack. It also shows off one of the weakest aspects of Stack.

Thanks for this, I was considering buying one of those but held off to see a mid-transformation shot to see if it had a white optimus mode, but nope.

Have there been any details on the new MP Magnus mold at all, or is it just hearsay and rumors?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I've always wanted a blue Swoop but drat, seeing those two side by side, I actually prefer the look of the red one. Either way, I'm not crazy about the figure, it just looks too busy or something, feels a bit off.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Are they all like Voyager size or leader size?

They are to scale with Masterpiece, not sure if that is Voyager or Leader though.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
About as tall as a typical leader, but with bulkier proportions.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Either way, I'm not crazy about the figure, it just looks too busy or something, feels a bit off.

Yeah, it looks busy. It may match the toy but the animation model is pretty smooth. Maybe they could have split the difference

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Welcome to 3rd Party TFs. *glances at his $600 Hercules, $600 Uranos, $400 MakeToys Yellow Giant, $400 FansProject Intimidator, $150 Purple Quakewave, $200 Grey Quakewave* *throws up violently*

catch22 posted:

Yeah, it looks busy. It may match the toy but the animation model is pretty smooth. Maybe they could have split the difference

The animation model looks smooth because they were drawing this poo poo by hand, 400 Korean slaves didn't have the extra time to pump into details from the toy.

S-Alpha posted:

Thanks for this, I was considering buying one of those but held off to see a mid-transformation shot to see if it had a white optimus mode, but nope.

Have there been any details on the new MP Magnus mold at all, or is it just hearsay and rumors?

Just a silhouette of him so far, and the old rear end picture from the MP designer doing a mock up of MP-10 in some armor.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 21, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Man, that last Botcon reveal is a joke. Even if you were dumb enough to make Fire Guts an exclusive, why would you make it a voyager, and why would you save it for last?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Man, that last Botcon reveal is a joke. Even if you were dumb enough to make Fire Guts an exclusive, why would you make it a voyager, and why would you save it for last?

Deluxe Deluxe Ultra Deluxe Voyager - This is going to cost so much

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

To be fair Classics Optimus is barely a voyager because he was supposed to come with a trailer.

I mean stack him up next to Sandstorm, Springer, or any of the other Generations voyagers and he stands quite a few heads shorter.

But yeah Fireguts is a real weak repaint because the entire point of Ginrai is that he's supposed to be this big dude. Also can't you do that shield weapon transformation with just a regular Optimus anyways?

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 21, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Taint Reaper posted:

To be fair Classics Optimus is barely a voyager because he was supposed to come with a trailer.

I mean stack him up next to Sandstorm, Springer, or any of the other Generations voyagers and he stands quite a few heads shorter.

Hell, Springer and Sandstorm are taller than MP Sideswipe.

Has anyone seen this classics OP trailer?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Has anyone seen this classics OP trailer?

From what I remember reading it was scrapped in the early design stages and only the cab went through in actual prototyping because the trailer made it too expensive. But the cab kept it's slot to hook a trailer up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Classics Optimus wasn't supposed to come with a trailer

They at first were thinking of making a deluxe size optimus with a trailer sold at voyager price point but that was axed in favor of a different design

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rita Repulsa posted:

Classics Optimus wasn't supposed to come with a trailer

They at first were thinking of making a deluxe size optimus with a trailer sold at voyager price point but that was axed in favor of a different design

Maybe that's it.

Either way Classics Op should come with an official trailer, especially now that they have a leader price point and Legends guys are still a thing.

Like he doesn't even need to combine with it, just having an elaborate trailer base would be welcome. I mean geez they charged 60 bucks for Platinum Energon Optimus and that trailer base is a piece of crap.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Maybe that's it.

Either way Classics Op should come with an official trailer, especially now that they have a leader price point and Legends guys are still a thing.

Like he doesn't even need to combine with it, just having an elaborate trailer base would be welcome. I mean geez they charged 60 bucks for Platinum Energon Optimus and that trailer base is a piece of crap.

As long as we are fantasizing can he lose those stupid flaps on his arms, or at least give them something to peg into? I wouldn't turn down some ankle tilts and a thigh cut either.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I say full new Leader Prime with trailer to go with Leader Megatron. If he has to be smaller due to the trailer, make him Powermaster Prime and have his combined mode be the size of Megatron.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

As long as we are fantasizing can he lose those stupid flaps on his arms, or at least give them something to peg into? I wouldn't turn down some ankle tilts and a thigh cut either.

Classics Prime has a thigh cut juuuust above the knee.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Classics Prime has a thigh cut juuuust above the knee.

Oh? I forgot, sorry, it's been years since I owned that mold. Mah bayud.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

I am going to fax you chatlogs of how much you hated botcon dude. Don't do it. DON'T DO IT.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

I am going to fax you chatlogs of how much you hated botcon dude. Don't do it. DON'T DO IT.

I can't go to Botcon even if I wanted to, I would sponsor someone if they wait in line to buy me the attendee sets. Worst case I get the Iacon package?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone else see this on BBTS? - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23706&mode=retail

He even has a peg for Optimash Prime to sit on. That will be on my shelf.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is there some list of what Hasbro counts as 2014 transformers? They said they would have like 70 something transformers for Generations at Toyfair.

Scoop, Minicon team, Skywarp, and Armada Starscream are all 2014 as are Rattrap, Tankor, and Crosscut. As are Swerve, Cosmos, Skrapnel, and Tailgate.

But is Rhinox, Whirl, and Doubledealer still 2013 or are they 2014?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is there some list of what Hasbro counts as 2014 transformers? They said they would have like 70 something transformers for Generations at Toyfair.

Scoop, Minicon team, Skywarp, and Armada Starscream are all 2014 as are Rattrap, Tankor, and Crosscut. As are Swerve, Cosmos, Skrapnel, and Tailgate.

But is Rhinox, Whirl, and Doubledealer still 2013 or are they 2014?

All three of them are 2014. The last 2013 Generations Voyager was Sandstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

All three of them are 2014. The last 2013 Generations Voyager was Sandstorm.

Oh that's too bad,I was hoping we would have had more Voyager releases coming up. Granted Generations may have already exceeded the amount of Voyagers in Universe 2.0(depending if you count store exclusive multi-packs and such).

We've yet to see any traces of Brainstorm or a confirmation if that G1 Grimlock styled Beast Wars Megatron is still a thing.