Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hey I didn't say any of them were worth reading nowadays. Teenage-me thought the books were pretty cool at the time but I also haven't read any of them in well over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Need an Alien nightlight. Because gently caress your kids seriously.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

This is the best part of the prologue:

I hope David gets a lot of screen time in Covenant, he's the main reason I'll be watching the film.

Well if you lower your expectations to "Fassbender plays an android" he should be in the movie a lot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SUNKOS posted:

I hope David gets a lot of screen time in Covenant, he's the main reason I'll be watching the film.

i am down for fassbender giving us DOUBLE ROBOTS

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

alf_pogs posted:

I want a Face/Off remake where Fassbender plays both.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want a The Parent Trap remake where Fassbender plays both.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Member dis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgNinx_G_U

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want a Face/Off remake where Fassbender plays both.

Fass/Off

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

alf_pogs posted:

I liked that one photo of David and Walter with black/white outfits. David is totally going to seduce himself to the dark side.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Not really spoilers? You get to see some of the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_kGEY_WkE

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Shaocaholica posted:

Not really spoilers? You get to see some of the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_kGEY_WkE

*Spoiler*

Alien is more of a beemer fan.

David doesn't always drink beer when he's genociding space engineer people but when he does he prefers the smooth taste of dos equis.

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 28, 2017

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Xenomrph posted:

Teenage-me thought the books were pretty cool at the time.

In ALIENS Ripley, in a last ditch effort to even the odds between herself and the gargantuan Alien Queen, straps herself into a Power Loader. A futurisitc version of a fork-lift truck. It's clumsy and cumbersome and used mainly for moving boxes of cereal. The pair clash and using her wiles and a heap of good luck, Ripley prevails.

So naturally in the comic books the elite squad of alien hunters ALL WEAR POWER LOADERS! WOOOO!

Also i think in one unused Alien 3 script they all strap into power loaders too. I guess maybe exo-skeleton power armour would be cool and good, but no. All jump in your fork-lifts and let's dance.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
To be fair, forklifts are probably the most dangerous machines made by man.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

wyoming posted:

To be fair, forklifts are probably the most dangerous machines made by man.

Just ask Klaus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Just ask Klaus.

Holy poo poo, this takes me back.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Ridley Scott commented on Blomkamp's Alien film and seems pretty certain it's dead.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I can't really explain why an actor is "good" or whatever but for some reason Fassbender is one of the most watchable actors for me. He is one of those dudes that can elevate any movie he is in.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Horrible Taste posted:

Ridley Scott commented on Blomkamp's Alien film and seems pretty certain it's dead.

Thank you Senpai Ridley

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

UmOk posted:

I can't really explain why an actor is "good" or whatever but for some reason Fassbender is one of the most watchable actors for me. He is one of those dudes that can elevate any movie he is in.

I mentioned it several pages ago but if you want to see Fassbender playing an undead Nazi occult researcher, he's loving great in 'Blood Creek'.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Xenomrph posted:

I mentioned it several pages ago but if you want to see Fassbender playing an undead Nazi occult researcher, he's loving great in 'Blood Creek'.

Does he research undead Nazi occult stuff, or is he a Nazi occult researcher who's undead?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spatulater bro! posted:

Does he research undead Nazi occult stuff, or is he a Nazi occult researcher who's undead?

Both, it's loving great. It's also got pre-Superman Henry Cavill and Dominic Purcell.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Spatulater bro! posted:

Out of curiosity, would you have been disappointed if it were one and not the other?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Schwarzwald posted:

Out of curiosity, would you have been disappointed if it were one and not the other?

No zombie Fassbender = no sale.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If nothing else, I still love the look of all this stuff Scott is making. Especially the Prologue.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

sean10mm posted:

If nothing else, I still love the look of all this stuff Scott is making. Especially the Prologue.

The prologue was directed by his son (as was the "Weyland TED Talk" from the Prometheus marketing materials).

Edit- my mistake, there have been two prologues released. The "Last Supper" one was directed by his son, I don't know about the newer one.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 29, 2017

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Fandom: pay $400 & strap Tonka trucks to your legs to cosplay as a working class person.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

SUNKOS posted:

I'm waiting for the dick butt.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Fandom: pay $400 & strap Tonka trucks to your legs to cosplay as a working class person.

You are really condescending towards "working class people." Do you think we are a different species or something?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think the shoes are the one insulting working class people.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

UmOk posted:

You are really condescending towards "working class people." Do you think we are a different species or something?
How does that post condescend to working class people?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

UmOk posted:

I think you're misinterpreting him pretty hard.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SMG has some pretty interesting opinions on film but is pretty good and correct when it comes to class issues.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Horrible Taste posted:

Some reason he is making alien out to be his cash cow. It's prob is best chance after Kingdom of Heaven sucking.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Some reason he is making alien out to be his cash cow. It's prob is best chance after Kingdom of Heaven sucking.

Kingdom of Heaven did not suck and I will fight you. You've also constructed quite a strange chain of causation between the films.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah man, that movie he made more than a decade ago has forced him to stick to Alien. The seven non-Alien movies since then count for nothing. Especially not the extremely successful most recent one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A better reason for Scott revisiting Alien and Blade Runner is that he's an old man with two brothers killed by cancer (indirectly in Tony's case) and he has all these ideas for them that he wants to use before he keels over in the middle of filming something.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
He should reboot Legend.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if anyone has to make more alien movies im glad its ragley scatch alongside fassbender

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That Alien Day footage is so loving incredible. This movie is going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

That Alien Day footage is so loving incredible. This movie is going to own.

That line uttered by David, "Look on my works, ye mighty...and despair." gently caress, that was so chilling and awesome.