Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hey, I'm switching from iOS to Android in the near future. Am I completely screwed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

Hey, I'm switching from iOS to Android in the near future. Am I completely screwed?

Yup. Is there even an iOS emulator?
Can you keep your old phone and use it as a wifi only device?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes.

Get an old ipad or something.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

If you are a whale you can put in a ticket for help. Everyone else is screwed, unfortunately.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dr. Venture posted:

If you are a whale you can put in a ticket for help. Everyone else is screwed, unfortunately.

Well, I did spend like 5 bucks or whtaever it was on that starter bundle.

I'm actually surprised they don't just link this game to an overall account management system separate of individual platforms. I mean, it's EA and with the whales buying the most overpriced poo poo I've ever seen in a video game and considering this is literally just some dumb mobile game their profit margin must be like 2000%. You'd think they could afford it!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They're probably being paid by Android to maintain separate version of the game, which is why Android players get more free poo poo than Apple.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm actually surprised they don't just link this game to an overall account management system separate of individual platforms. I mean, it's EA and with the whales buying the most overpriced poo poo I've ever seen in a video game and considering this is literally just some dumb mobile game their profit margin must be like 2000%. You'd think they could afford it!

You heard the man, Dave. Get on this.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

How do we feel about alts in QGJ, assuming there are open spots? I have a couple characters closing in on 7 stars on my alt.

I feel fine about it. There's a reasonably active core right now and they're all clamoring for more raid tickets. We have 1 spot now and 1 or 2 more coming. Send me yer ally code and I'll float the invite

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey IGD Goons (and really anyone else that has an alt with no home)

I'm starting a new guild. For now, that guild will just be for alts. I'm trying to get a better time zone for IGD, and the timezone on one of my alts puts guild reset at 2:30 PM Pacific time...so, actually possible for our Euros (something like 10-11 PM, as opposed to 3 AM), and way better for everyone else. Old time zone was 7:30 PM pacific. In addition to giving us a better, new time zone, we'll be able to save up 150k raid tickets over the next month, so we get a bunch of extra raids.

The more people that join me, the faster that will go. It takes a couple days of very little effort to get a hero to the point they can join a guild, and since you won't be using crystals for anything other than 2x standard refreshes per day, you can also spend 30 per day on sim tickets so you don't have to be bored and run things on auto (except the first time). If you just clear all the hard nodes on the first level for light and dark, simming those is pretty easy, and uses fewer tickets. Additionally, you'll get extra xp for doing missions, which will turn into levels and more energy, so you really just need to login at noon to get your free 90 energy, plus your daily ~150 energy (you can't save up much when you're low level). This only takes a couple minutes a day once you get this running, and it will give IGD several extra raids for doing this.

Alt Ally Code: 688-251-247

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Uh, question. For the Crunching Rancor Mod Advisor...

Is that telling me to slot in Offense into Square, Speed into Arrow, Defense into Diamond etc. etc.?

Or am I supposed to slot in poo poo to get the Set 1 and Set 2 bonuses? Cause none of this poo poo is adding up unless I'm doing it catastrophically retardedly.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

Uh, question. For the Crunching Rancor Mod Advisor...

Is that telling me to slot in Offense into Square, Speed into Arrow, Defense into Diamond etc. etc.?

Or am I supposed to slot in poo poo to get the Set 1 and Set 2 bonuses? Cause none of this poo poo is adding up unless I'm doing it catastrophically retardedly.

You're supposed to get the speed and tenacity set bonuses, and then offense, speed, defense, etc. primary stats.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Malgrin posted:

You're supposed to get the speed and tenacity set bonuses, and then offense, speed, defense, etc. primary stats.

Ohhhh! So yeah I'm a dumbass. Thanks!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I'm starting a new guild. For now, that guild will just be for alts. I'm trying to get a better time zone for IGD, and the timezone on one of my alts puts guild reset at 2:30 PM Pacific time...so, actually possible for our Euros (something like 10-11 PM, as opposed to 3 AM), and way better for everyone else. Old time zone was 7:30 PM pacific. In addition to giving us a better, new time zone, we'll be able to save up 150k raid tickets over the next month, so we get a bunch of extra raids.

The more people that join me, the faster that will go. It takes a couple days of very little effort to get a hero to the point they can join a guild, and since you won't be using crystals for anything other than 2x standard refreshes per day, you can also spend 30 per day on sim tickets so you don't have to be bored and run things on auto (except the first time). If you just clear all the hard nodes on the first level for light and dark, simming those is pretty easy, and uses fewer tickets. Additionally, you'll get extra xp for doing missions, which will turn into levels and more energy, so you really just need to login at noon to get your free 90 energy, plus your daily ~150 energy (you can't save up much when you're low level). This only takes a couple minutes a day once you get this running, and it will give IGD several extra raids for doing this.

Most importantly we'll have a sweet new name courtesy of MichiganCubbie!

Something Zaulful :getin:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Malgrin posted:

I've been thinking of starting an Android alt (im on iOS) what's the best win10 desktop emulator?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Most importantly we'll have a sweet new name courtesy of MichiganCubbie!

Something Zaulful :getin:

That also would have been good, but it's Something Maulful.

Pyronic posted:

I've been thinking of starting an Android alt (im on iOS) what's the best win10 desktop emulator?

There are a bunch of good options. I always liked Andy, but these days it has apps as ads, and it's super annoying. I also don't particularly like Bluestacks.

Here are some options
http://windowsreport.com/best-android-emulators-windows-10/

I feel like they are missing the last one I was using (I have a work Mac now), but I don't remember what it was called.

Memu. It works really well, and it let's you emulate a G S 7, which has extra goodies (or did).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Memu 2.9.3 is great right now after the last update it hardly ever crashes.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

That also would have been good, but it's Something Maulful.

drat! Zaulful is more accurate to the meta and phonetically closer to awful.

Pyronic posted:

I've been using MEmu for a while now and I always recommend it.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Well, credit heist has been underwhelming for a while, last time i got 4 mil, now 3...

I'm a crybaby, need creds yadayada

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I got my 2nd 5m payout so far

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
In case you're wondering, to make an alt to make energy for the guild, you pretty much just need an emulator and a gmail account. You don't need the emulator, you can do it on your phone, and just create a new account, but then you have another email account on your phone and that's just annoying.

I'd recommend Memu, but some people have issues with it on their computers and it doesn't work on a Mac, so Andy is a pretty good all around option. Download it here.

Open up SWGOH. You don't even need to make a new account for this, you can just run it as guest, but I think Google Play makes you create a google account. You can log in as you, and then use guest, up to you.

If you need to switch accounts, click the gear button from in game, sign out.

You'll have to run the tutorial, which is dumb and takes a few minutes. You need to reach level 18 to add me as an ally, and 22 to join the guild.
You should get a bunch of free crystals (used to be more if you run this on a galaxy device, not sure if that still works -- Bluestacks and Memu will let you do that). You should also get 500 crystals from the Bodhi event, and some other random crystals for starting the game. Use these crystals for refreshes so you get energy and stuff. Run through the first two series of light side missions, normal and hard, so that you have some hard missions to sim. To make life easy, you'll probably want to spend crystals on sim tickets as well, so you're going to want to conserve the sim tickets you have. Make sure to train someone every day too, as that'll get you a bundle of sim tickets.

Should take about 1-2 days, depending on how often you log in, to get to level 22, at which point you can join the guild. At level 18, add this hero to your allies 688-251-247 so that you can get into the guild right at 22.

Then, just login once a day, run some missions, level up a couple times, contribute some energy. If you refresh normal energy twice per day, you'll get somewhere around 400-500 energy, and if you log in right at 1 PM, you'll also get that extra 90 energy.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Working on an alt for it now, god it's a slog.

Edit: Not Aleth, ally code 873-111-352

Aleth fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 21, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I suggest NOX app player for Mac. https://www.bignox.com/

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
This free Bodhi pack is really cool for my new alt.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Huh.

That's actually a drat good idea. So I'll just install an Android emulator and fire up GoH and just play on that account linked to my gmail account and when I do ditch my iPhone for an Android phone I can very easily just transition into that account?

Using an Android emulator doesn't go against any terms of services does it? Like, they don't purge or ban accounts for using emulation instead of a real device? I'd be linking it to my actual Google account too and not some dummy account.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

Huh.

That's actually a drat good idea. So I'll just install an Android emulator and fire up GoH and just play on that account linked to my gmail account and when I do ditch my iPhone for an Android phone I can very easily just transition into that account?

Using an Android emulator doesn't go against any terms of services does it? Like, they don't purge or ban accounts for using emulation instead of a real device? I'd be linking it to my actual Google account too and not some dummy account.

As long as you aren't hacking apks, they don't care.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

As long as you aren't hacking apks, they don't care.

Let's be honest; they don't really care about that either.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Let's be honest; they don't really care about that either.

They've banned a bunch of accounts, or reset their heroes, but they aren't good at catching people now that there are no tournaments

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

They've banned a bunch of accounts, or reset their heroes, but they aren't good at catching people now that there are no tournaments

Oh, I know. I didn't mean to imply they've spent zero effort enforcing the rules -- just minimal.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Not sure what that means for me, I have no interest in an alt and I don't really care about timezone, I always generate my 600 raid tickets and place between 10 and 16 in haat.

Don't leave me guys!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

trapt posted:

Don't leave me guys!

We'll all mover over together. Don't worry!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
+1 Mol Eliza for alt guild.

It'll be nice to have it in a goon guild, even if I can't read guild chat because I hosed up the age during setup.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Inimicul posted:

It'll be nice to have it in a goon guild, even if I can't read guild chat because I hosed up the age during setup.

I haven't tested this myself but I linked it to a fellow goon who had the same issue. I can't remember if it worked for him or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5zmhts/cant_see_guild_chat_on_ios_app_because_your_kid/?ref=search_posts

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dr. Venture posted:

We'll all mover over together. Don't worry!

Yeah, the alt stuff is just to pre-generate a bunch of raid tickets ready for us to move over and continue with all of IGD switching over to the new guild.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

Aleth posted:

Yeah, the alt stuff is just to pre-generate a bunch of raid tickets ready for us to move over and continue with all of IGD switching over to the new guild.

Cool, got it

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Dr. Venture posted:

I haven't tested this myself but I linked it to a fellow goon who had the same issue. I can't remember if it worked for him or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5zmhts/cant_see_guild_chat_on_ios_app_because_your_kid/?ref=search_posts

It was probably me. I haven't gotten around to formatting the tablet yet. I still need to see if there's anything on there I need to keep. I'm not looking forward to installing iTunes if I do.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
My activity level has went to poo poo since I've moved to IGD. The timers just don't remotely work with my schedule. If the ALT guild decides to take regular accounts let me know. Otherwise I will just keep chugging along being a lame rear end in IGD

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

DarkRefreshment posted:

My activity level has went to poo poo since I've moved to IGD. The timers just don't remotely work with my schedule. If the ALT guild decides to take regular accounts let me know. Otherwise I will just keep chugging along being a lame rear end in IGD

Which timers are you having a hard time with?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Like I said, I never actually paid attention to the daily guild activities in the slightest.There are not tied to raid tickets so why care?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If anyone wants a level 70 ally for their alt, here's my alt ally code: 652-369-123

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DarkRefreshment posted:

Yeah, we're working on a plan to migrate everyone in IGD to another guild with a better roll-over time.