Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

someone told me you can kill one of the bosses and wear her skin so im just picturing all of you as this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Welp. And that's just through steam, I probably spent another $200 ish directly.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Millions of whales suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yes there are.

PoE has The ICR Seal of Approval as a noted good game.
poe is about equal to marvel future fight when it comes to gameplay, so this checks out

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cams posted:

poe is about equal to marvel future fight when it comes to gameplay, so this checks out

Two incredibly good games. Absolutely right!

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I think a lot of the problem people have with PoE is they pick the wrong build starting out. So, the early game becomes a slog that turns people off.

The key is to pick something that doesn't require expensive items to be good (e.g. something that says
good league starter), so like certain spell based builds tend to be powerful early on and scale well as you get better items.

In past leagues, I tried melee builds or other builds that weren't good league starters and I ended up stopping by the time I got to maps because I was killing stuff too slowly and wasn't having fun.

I am copying a glacial cascade build this league and it is like playing Iceman, just minus the witty voice lines and way more satisfying since I can blow up a screen full of mobs by pressing two buttons, despite still wearing mediocre items.

madcow fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 14, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nah i played 4 different characters using good builds that killed things very quickly and efficiently

i find the gameplay boring as gently caress

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cams posted:

nah i played 4 different characters using good builds that killed things very quickly and efficiently

idk i find your gimmick boring as gently caress but to each their own

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hauki posted:

idk i find your gimmick boring as gently caress but to each their own
lol i have no idea who you are

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
forums celebrity cams is too busy to notice the little people

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

forums celebrity cams is too busy to notice the little people
i have not posted anything of value in years and this forum still returns value. near marvel heroes level ratios.

but no for real poe is one of the least enjoyable argps i've ever played and it is a shame because they do a good job with the numbers. i genuinely do not like playing the game at all. if they took, for instance, titan's quest and gave it a poe level depth to itemization i'd play that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Destiny 2 is the new bad game to mindlessly click things and watch ICR get blindingly hype about, it just has a big buy in to keep out the poors.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol i have no idea where i am

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Rofl

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cams posted:

post/av combo

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

A lot of the early game b.s. was solved this patch with some of the new support gems they added

Ancestral call/ molten strike / life gain on hit makes up to 30 a breeze

But I also play trappers and totems the most so my opinion is probably poo poo anyway

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Disney is moving ahead with plans to buy all of Fox's content, which I guess would include X-Men/FF.

The mutants we could have had...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

i have not posted anything of value in years and this forum still returns value. near marvel heroes level ratios.

but no for real poe is one of the least enjoyable argps i've ever played and it is a shame because they do a good job with the numbers. i genuinely do not like playing the game at all. if they took, for instance, titan's quest and gave it a poe level depth to itemization i'd play that.

did you do atziri? Uber Atziri? Shaper? Uber lab? The boss for the current league? I agree just grinding maps endless can be boring. But those things I listed change it up. Also figuring out your own builds is fun as well to some people. You said you did 4 different good builds so I assume you used guides so maybe try to come up with your own build if you ever go back. They also changed up the atlas end game this league to where you have to do all kinds of maps to stop the aids spreading on your map to fight shaper or elder and his guardians. It's pretty cool!

The only thing future fight and poe have in common is they regularly release new content. Something this garbage gently caress game you vehemently defend stooped doing a year ago before it was killed off.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Why are you responding to an actual retard?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drythe posted:

ehh, it didn't come off as a full retard post. If all he did was maps then ya.. that's boring. So I was curious if he tried anything else.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Strange Matter posted:

Disney is moving ahead with plans to buy all of Fox's content, which I guess would include X-Men/FF.

Jubileeeeeeee

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Strange Matter posted:

why could have? Now that the movie rights will be back with the mother ship won't we see them in movies and games more? They only hated on xmen because they didn't have the rights to xmen movies and thus were not making money off of it. Or that's how I understood it. Thought it was just a goon thing saying that marvel actually hates xmen.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

gently caress mutants we could have got the simpsons

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I would play the poo poo out of Simpson Heroes. Old Clerk Guy main right here

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Holyshoot posted:

why could have? Now that the movie rights will be back with the mother ship won't we see them in movies and games more? They only hated on xmen because they didn't have the rights to xmen movies and thus were not making money off of it. Or that's how I understood it. Thought it was just a goon thing saying that marvel actually hates xmen.

I've heard the argument about Marvel being pissy about Fox not selling back the movie rights on Xmen going around with others who aren't on the forums. I don't know how much of it's legit, but I've heard some pretty good reasoning for it.

As far as this dead game goes, total of something like 300 hours in with about $80 spent. I mostly stuck with Taskmaster (recommended by you guys and was a blast to play), Ghost Rider, Gambit, Blade and Dr. Strange. I had Colossus, Storm, Cable, Iron Man,and X-23 but didn't really do much wiht them. Never did cosmic. I had fun, but now it's back to Champions Online for my superhero fix with maybe some dabbling in Freedom Force.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

I would play the poo poo out of Simpson Heroes. Old Clerk Guy main right here

i wanted to play bart but hes $20 wtf mr gaz

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drythe posted:

you're my favorite one i don't think i've ever interracted with who gets absurdly angry at me for posts on an internet forum

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drythe posted:

Objection, leading question.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Aphrodite posted:

Objection, leading question.

Nutstained.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

post/av combo
this avatar was a gift from a secret admirer, i am a wrestling hipster who only watches the cute japanese boys ;x

and nah i never got to the highest level stuff in poe. the builds i got to the maps level were a totems thing (big smashy hammers totem), a flicker strike guy, and an essence drain witch. it was not just about the lack of need to adapt, it was that i did not find those methods of play fun. i have not yet found a method of play in that game enjoyable.

the problem i am communicating is that the combination the presentation and gameplay make me find the actual "playing the game" part of poe hell of boring. i really wish i didn't cause once you get deep into item builds, you can do some interesting stuff.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Strange Matter posted:

On the other hand, the R-rated films we're probably not going to have from now. :sigh:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

MMAgCh posted:

On the other hand, the R-rated films we're probably not going to have from now. :sigh:

Disney will make them, they'll just have a sub-company release them. They aren't stupid and Deadpool made a shitload of money.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MMAgCh posted:

Disney said they're going to get an R rated Marvel sub-brand going for Deadpool and other future stuff, they're not going to leave potential money on the table

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i believe their statements on the subject have been "we'd do it, we'd just make it clear beforehand what the audience is getting."

deadpool and logan made like a billion and a half combined, they'll find a way

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Well, that's a relief. :unsmith:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kelp Plankton posted:

Disney said they're going to get an R rated Marvel sub-brand going for Deadpool and other future stuff, they're not going to leave potential money on the table

Yeah but it'll be a balancing act. With Deadpool you gotta just make it R, but with Logan I can see how they could have influenced that to get down to a PG-13 rating to maximize profits if it had been under the Disney umbrella. Especially if they try to bring Logan back to his 90's popularity levels. For all we know they could end up shoehorning him into the Avengers one day like the comics did.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I've heard the argument about Marvel being pissy about Fox not selling back the movie rights on Xmen going around with others who aren't on the forums. I don't know how much of it's legit, but I've heard some pretty good reasoning for it.

Honestly, 'pissy' is the right word for it. Marvel reminded me of an eight year old kid telling his mommy "I'd going to stand right here and hold my breath till you give me my skateboard back!!"

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Gynovore posted:

Honestly, 'pissy' is the right word for it. Marvel reminded me of an eight year old kid telling his mommy "I'd going to stand right here and hold my breath till you give me my skateboard back!!"

The stupid thing about the whole mess is that they supposedly didn't want to give "free advertising" to Fox. But comic books are looking at tens of thousands of readers on a good day. Films are being watched in the tens of millions. There is no way shelving the Xmen was ever going to make a dent.

In the end, they shot themselves in the foot by missing out on possible comic book sales that those movies would have motivated people to buy. They gutted what should have been a runaway success in the form of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite by removing iconic staples of the franchise like Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Dr. Doom, expecting guys like Antman, Black Widow and Winter Soldier to somehow make up for it.

They pushed to make an Inhumans film that nobody wanted so hard it got bumped down to TV series that will never go beyond the one lovely season they managed to get out the door. Thus producing the one undeniable failure in the Marvel cinematic universe so far. On top of suggesting such a tone deaf understanding of what made the Xmen a success, it only served to make their pettiness all the more obvious and childish. The Inhumans have been sidelined in the comic books for decades for a reason.

The whole thing has been so petty and dumb that Marvel only hurt itself in it's own confusion.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Strange Matter posted:

Shatterstar can be the front man for the reboot.

davebo posted:

Yeah but it'll be a balancing act. With Deadpool you gotta just make it R, but with Logan I can see how they could have influenced that to get down to a PG-13 rating to maximize profits if it had been under the Disney umbrella. Especially if they try to bring Logan back to his 90's popularity levels. For all we know they could end up shoehorning him into the Avengers one day like the comics did.

It's a real missed opportunity that they never gave Wolverine a "PG Violence" tree focused on slicing up the enemy's laser blaster and then tackling them.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Gynovore posted:

From what I heard through screenwriter friends, essentially Fox was amenable to selling Xmen back but were asking a pretty big chunk of cheese for it which makes sense with how much the Marvel films bring in along with how well the Xmen films have done for Fox compared to Fantastic Four and the later Spiderman ones, and Marvel pitched a fit even though they could easily make the money back and more once they start cranking out Xmen films. Marvel's treatment of the Xmen in the comics when you look at how they were pretty much they were giving the Stalin photoshopping treatment to Fantastic Four just comes across as well, being pissy.