Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Lemon-Lime posted:

Valeera isn't a stealther, she's a melee assassin who gets to choose between stun, silence and damage every 8s, and also happens to be able to scout or escape fights.

Now you're thinking like a rogue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Seriously, if you're just standing around a fight stealthed looking for an opener as Valeera you're doing it wrong. Her regular abilities are good and she isn't made of paper; the only problem is that she has no self-healing and is weak to CC, but she's hardly the only melee assassin like that. Vanish is a tool that lets you access Cheap Shot/Garrote/Ambush, a way to disengage if you get caught out, and something that allows you to scout, not something you try to spend most of your time in.

She's better-designed than all the other heroes who have stealth.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, I was about to say Valeera is way better than Zeratul, for the most part, or at least is far more forgiving and easier to do well with. Her ult is ridiculous.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What's a good build for her? I used an assassination one when she was first released designed to burn people down quickly when they didn't know what to expect but haven't played her in a while so I assume it doesn't work as well anymore.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Another complication of "which healer is best" is that some are great double supports but awful solo supports, like Lili

Yo as a Li Li main this offends me. I'm not Master tier or anything but I do pretty good solo healing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Radish posted:

What's a good build for her? I used an assassination one when she was first released designed to burn people down quickly when they didn't know what to expect but haven't played her in a while so I assume it doesn't work as well anymore.

Subtlety/Initiative/Assassinate/Bomb/DfA/Expose/Nightstalker

Basically all Stealth/Ambush talents.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Cuatal posted:

Yo as a Li Li main this offends me. I'm not Master tier or anything but I do pretty good solo healing.

Not as good as you would with a better solo healer though

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
LiLi can also prevent a lot of damage from occurring by making GBS threads out blinds a lot though. Granted if the red team isn't autoattackers then that won't matter as much, but it does have an effect that won't be shown in the raw amount of HP healing done.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Subtlety/Initiative/Assassinate/Bomb/DfA/Expose/Nightstalker

Basically all Stealth/Ambush talents.

Ok that's pretty much what I was running before thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I run Vigour instead of Subtlety, since Subtlety does nothing for you in the middle of a teamfight. The goal is to use Vanish on cooldown and spend as little time stealthed as possible so you get as many stealth abilities out as possible.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lemon-Lime posted:

I run Vigour instead of Subtlety, since Subtlety does nothing for you in the middle of a teamfight. The goal is to use Vanish on cooldown and spend as little time stealthed as possible so you get as many stealth abilities out as possible.

That makes no sense. If you start a fight stealthed, which you always do, then Vigour takes 25 seconds to Regen the same energy that subtlety does in 5.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

skipThings posted:

No love for the ultra bored and disinterested desert announcer ?

"Go and do, whatever it is you do"

I never hear him because I'm 100% hearing disinterested Gazlowe announcer.

"Hey, punch each other, whatever, go nuts"

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
was it da routa? i bet it was da routa

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Toshimo posted:

That makes no sense. If you start a fight stealthed, which you always do, then Vigour takes 25 seconds to Regen the same energy that subtlety does in 5.

Vigour gives +20 max energy once the quest is complete.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Gustav posted:

Not as good as you would with a better solo healer though

I mean, yes and no. I get where you're coming from and that theoretically another solo healer would have a higher cap in terms of skill/effectiveness. Thing is, there is something to be said for familiarity and actual effectiveness. Auriel is currently a great healer in combination with the right energy generators, but for whatever reason I just can't win on her and would probably be better overall on li li.

Eh, just looked back over all the Auriel talk and there are probably reasons I can't get wins on her. I find her super frustrating to play when it's so easy for your team to get into the no heals so won't attack/poke so no heals loop.

Khaba fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 7, 2017

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bogart posted:

was it da routa? i bet it was da routa

Fort destroyed! that's so neat

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Oh it's ok, just run back to your corpse and -oh my god it's gone! Guess you'll have to wait!!

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gazlowe announcer best announcer. :colbert:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want to like the Gazlowe announcer but something about it feels off. Like it was recorded differently than the other announcers and sounds weird in a way I can't quite put into words...

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Radish posted:

I want to like the Gazlowe announcer but something about it feels off. Like it was recorded differently than the other announcers and sounds weird in a way I can't quite put into words...

Yeah, effort and personality was put in to it.

The Lili and Brightwing announcers are also good but too many of the others are just "Say the usual lines in the character's voice."

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a way to set the default announcer for all your heroes? I haven't been able to find it.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

Li Li does some really cool stuff and here's some of it:

1. Her heal, while not directly able to target people, is on a pretty short cooldown and who it hits can be manipulated.
2. Jug of 10,000 Cups heals for a lot and you can hide in bushes while you channel it.
3. Blinding Winds absolutely destroys some heroes and team comps.
4. Cloud Serpent can dismount people and lead to kills. I keep it on somebody 90% of the time. It also gets a decent amount of kills if you keep it on someone like Genji or Tracer who chase people down.
5. Kung Fu Hustle is one of the best abilities in the game and it has a cool name. Spamming Blinding Winds and having Cloud Serpent on a bunch of people while making GBS threads out pretty nice heals is amazing.
6. Being ranged means you can auto-attack people and I'm probably wrong but I get enough kills like this to think that her basic attack damage isn't the worst?
7. Fast Feet is awesome. If you position yourself well it's pretty hard to die. I even like Safety Sprint a lot of the time since it shows up at a point in the game where some heroes start doing a lot more damage and I love kiting people while my Cloud Serpent hits them.

Typing all that makes me want to play some Li Li and think of more cool stuff she does.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Jesus gently caress though, Li Li chugs mana like nobody else with Kung Fu Hustle. Hell whenever I play her I'm oom 90% of the time it feels.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

Shabadu posted:

Jesus gently caress though, Li Li chugs mana like nobody else with Kung Fu Hustle. Hell whenever I play her I'm oom 90% of the time it feels.

Conjurer's Pursuit all game every game. Sometimes I'll be surprised by how much mana I still have after fights.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Li Li is excellent as both a solo and duo healer IMO because she has some of the best talent flexibility in the game for a support. She has multiple really high quality build paths and you can design her throughout a match to do the right amount of healing/damage for whatever a comp needs.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Libertine posted:

Li Li is excellent as both a solo and duo healer IMO because she has some of the best talent flexibility in the game for a support. She has multiple really high quality build paths and you can design her throughout a match to do the right amount of healing/damage for whatever a comp needs.

Double support going full E build she can put out a ton of damage while doing respectable healing. Full heal/sustain build she is an undying fountain of health who can strategically deny AAs.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Cocoon finally getting nerfed:

Range reduced from 9 to 6
Missile Speed reduced by 33%

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
a good nerf

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
I didn't get any sort of notification, but apparently I won one of the weekly Sun's Out, Guns Out drawings. I have 50 more loot chests than I had yesterday.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I didnt get a prize this week and I refuse to believe more than 10000 people play this game

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
According to a Blizzard person on Reddit, this week's in-game prizes have been awarded for all regions. (This obviously can't be correct because I didn't receive any.) The emails for the physical prizes may take a few days to be sent out.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
This promotion is moronic. The lack of feedback is something that should cause their marketing and brand teams to be taken out to the woodshed.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I updated the game and now when I go to select a game mode it doesn't allow me to choose anything. Quick play, ranked, unranked draft, nothing. Says it has something to do with the store being down?

What the whiskers?

e: Welp, the old reinstall seems to have fixed it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 8, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Theres some talk that the most viable Stukov build at launch will include not taking any level 20 talent since they all offer detriments to the skills they change:

Shove upgrade decreases actual time the target is locked down, and offers no positive benefit unless you get a long shove

Flail upgrade is straight up significantly worse than the level 10 version, and probably needs a big buff

Biokillswitch makes you cancel your E when you use your trait

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The only one I could possibly see that argument holding for is flailing arm, and that's only because there's a 3s CD between using charges. The others are obviously upgrades.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I got an e-mail that I won 5 Sun's Out, Guns Out Loot Chests but in game I have zero. Have I been bamboozled?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

lordfrikk posted:

I got an e-mail that I won 5 Sun's Out, Guns Out Loot Chests but in game I have zero. Have I been bamboozled?

Are you EU? I've heard all chests were rewarded on NA even if you play on other regions. I got mine in NA.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Toshimo posted:

This promotion is moronic. The lack of feedback is something that should cause their marketing and brand teams to be taken out to the woodshed.

I won one of the top 100 brackets from Heroes of the Dorm and there was absolutely no notification anywhere that I'd won anything. Nothing in game (aside from the fact that Kerrigan's skin was silently unlocked). No email.

At least this time they're sending out emails.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Alpha Mayo posted:

Are you EU? I've heard all chests were rewarded on NA even if you play on other regions. I got mine in NA.

Yep. That is pretty funny. Hopefully they'll sort it out and award it in the proper region or in all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I assume each charge has a lower cooldown than the regular ult. That sounded like his best lv20