Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

60 fps, no stuttering so far.

How's the Joker lookin' in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I don't want to double post in the Besiege thread since it's hibernating for now. So have a video of another one of my dumb machines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGuBgdIAxX4

Mr E posted:

I was running Knight fine for the most part until I started getting blue screens, which I haven't had in years and only happens in that game. I know it's usually a driver or other user side issue but it seems I'm not the only one that happens to with the game.

WhoCrashed tells me specifically what causes a crash unless you don't keep memory dumps.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Steam really has to stop expanding all my categories when I shut down the computer with it running. :mad:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Orv posted:

Steam really has to stop expanding all my categories when I shut down the computer with it running. :mad:

right clicking a category title gives you expand and collapse all options

Orv
May 4, 2011
Son of a bitch!

Thanks.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Awesome! posted:

right clicking a category title gives you expand and collapse all options

What in the world?!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Drifter posted:

How's the Joker lookin' in this game?
The very first scene is Batman cremating Joker's corpse so his facial animations are rather stiff.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

The very first scene is Batman cremating Joker's corpse so his facial animations are rather stiff.

Well, I won't spoil the game for you, then.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Drifter posted:

Oh, I'm only counting down till he shows up, it hasn't happened yet though as I'm not far into the game.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

fuckpot posted:

Anyone bought F1 2015? It's a giant pile of unplayable cack. Thank god for the new refund feature.

Is this you: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fpotyay/recommended/286570/ ?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Kitty Powers' Matchmaker is the best indie RPG I've played in 2015. (Before someone gets lovely about this: I haven't bought Witcher 3.)

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Spicy! Likes eyes and horse tails.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You self identify as a tri-hearted fluid-gendered horse-hair cyclops. Is your abomination before god correct?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Infinitum posted:

You self identify as a tri-hearted fluid-gendered horse-hair cyclops. Is your abomination before god correct?

Should we consult the ice cream tub you use as a hair dec, or is this one of them twitter thingies?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

WarpedNaba posted:

Should we consult the ice cream tub you use as a hair dec, or is this one of them twitter thingies?

It's sushi, 'ice cream tub as hat' is Marie.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would like to subscribe to your animu newsletter.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Drifter posted:

This spoils the game.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
:ssh: It's Finnish fanart.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

zedprime posted:

I assume they figured the goodwill wasn't going anywhere because anyone buying a game outside of sales or Nuuvem will pay anything and started moving things closer back to figures expected by purchase power parity.

It's my understanding that they've discovered (decided?) that $60 is the breaking point for an "expensive game" in the US and £50 in the UK. Steam has been considerably more expensive than retail for PC for years now, and this is just taking the piss as it means console is cheaper, which shouldn't happen. It seems to be a fairly recent change (starting with The Witcher 3) so it'll be interesting to see if it causes enough of a fall in sales to be changed back.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm really fuckin' bad at first-person puzzle platformers but I keep hearing great things about this game. How will I fare if I just want to play it for the experience of it?

Also I believe you can switch to third person mode, never did it myself tho :shobon:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ookiimarukochan posted:

It seems to be a fairly recent change (starting with The Witcher 3) so it'll be interesting to see if it causes enough of a fall in sales to be changed back.
What? It's not even close to starting with Witcher 3, examples of games with this pricing scheme go years back.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Someone hasn't bought an EA game for ages it appears.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Wendell posted:

This spoils the game.

I'll say. Having not followed a single piece of news about this game I now know from that post alone that the Joker is not only in this game but either not dead or as some kind of Ghost of Batman's Guilt that in either case follows you around like a poorly voiced Navi.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Zigmidge posted:

I'll say. Having not followed a single piece of news about this game I now know from that post alone that the Joker is not only in this game but either not dead or as some kind of Ghost of Batman's Guilt that in either case follows you around like a poorly voiced Navi.

At least anyone interested about the game surely has had chance to play it already.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Puistokemisti posted:

At least anyone interested about the game surely has had chance to play it already.

I think this is a poor assumption considering that the game launched as a near unplayable mess and is currently not even for sale.

I for one am a bit disappointed to be spoiled, I'm waiting for the game to be fixed before I pick it up.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Palpek posted:

What? It's not even close to starting with Witcher 3, examples of games with this pricing scheme go years back.

It's the first £50 game I remember seeing on Steam - and now there are a bunch of them (Toukiden, Fallout 4) all of which just came out / will be coming out soon.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

ookiimarukochan posted:

It's my understanding that they've discovered (decided?) that $60 is the breaking point for an "expensive game" in the US and £50 in the UK. Steam has been considerably more expensive than retail for PC for years now, and this is just taking the piss as it means console is cheaper, which shouldn't happen. It seems to be a fairly recent change (starting with The Witcher 3) so it'll be interesting to see if it causes enough of a fall in sales to be changed back.

Steam has had those games for years. The big blockbuster titles have always been the more because they can get away with it. Skyrim was £50 if I recall. Origin does the same too, games are usually minimum £40 new, often £50 if they are EA titles and its the same story with digital sales on the consoles too. The solution, don't buy newly released games from the big vendors. I got Witcher 3 for £20.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 13, 2015

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Puistokemisti posted:

uh

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Spoiler Joker is the villain.

I haven't played the game but if the opening scene is Batman personally burning Joker's corpse with a DNA test in hand to prove it's the Joker's corpse and his eyes are nailed open so he can't blink as the Joker's corpse burns, then it's safe to assume Joker is alive and this was an elaborate ruse.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mega Comrade posted:

I got Witcher 3 for £20.

I got Witcher 3 for a dollar :smug: after buying a $200 video card

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Skyrim was £50 if I recall.

£30. I got it from Amazon as it was a couple of quid cheaper AND came with a physical map. The £50 price-point is new, you're misremembering.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

ookiimarukochan posted:

£30. I got it from Amazon as it was a couple of quid cheaper AND came with a physical map. The £50 price-point is new, you're misremembering.

That's retail though we are talking about digital sales. Maybe it was £40 but is was definitely more than any retail price I saw and close if the not the same as console prices.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ookiimarukochan posted:

It's the first £50 game I remember seeing on Steam - and now there are a bunch of them (Toukiden, Fallout 4) all of which just came out / will be coming out soon.
Many Ubisoft games and EA games have been £50 at release for some time now. For example Far Cry 4 has been £50 at release on Steam.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

That's retail though we are talking about digital sales. Maybe it was £40 but is was definitely more than any retail price I saw and close if the not the same as console prices.

Funnily enough, here's an article with all kinds of Skyrim launch prices. £34.99 was the standard 'big game that's a bit more expensive than the usual £29.99' price back then, which held for a long time.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Palpek posted:

Many Ubisoft games and EA games have been £50 at release for some time now. For example Far Cry 4 has been £50 at release on Steam.

I always wonder who is buying games directly off those stores at prices like that. Battlefield Hardline digital deluxe is still £59.99!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Big thanks to DoublePLayer for randomly gifting me Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage! I'll make sure to play it.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
The first game I remember being £50 on Steam that wasn't a sim or something (where they're often more expensive anyway) was Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. A friend tells me SEGA attempted to charge £45 for Rome 2 (which came out September 2013), but fans had a big shout about it and they reconsidered. As Junkenstein says, the first big game I remember charging more than £30 was Skyrim, since there was a bit of a kerfuffle about it when that happened, as £30 had been the standard for a while. Things have slowly crept up since then, often pushed by EA and Ubisoft, who charged the max going rate whenever they could (and often added on an extra fiver now and then). Far Cry 4, Unity, The Crew and such were all £50 when they came out, I think. Witcher 3 definitely didn't start the trend, but there's been more and more major games doing it since, which I think is all that's making it more noticeable.

It's not that it's a new thing, just that a bunch of games that have started to try it all came out/were available to pre-order in succession, Witcher 3 being one of the first major ones in that line (then GTA V, Fallout 4, etc.), so it kind of looks like it was the first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zigmidge posted:

some kind of Ghost of Batman's Guilt that in either case follows you around like a poorly voiced Navi.

:cop: "Batman, The Penguin went that-away!"
:ghost: "Bats, there is a 79% chance that The Penguin went that-away."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
So Captain Forever Remix is the daily today. Really tempted to get it, how's the Early Access for this been?

• Locked thread