Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Goodie Mob were in Mystery Men as the Not So Goodie Mob.

Just wanted to add a lil something here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

shine blockas is like a top 10 rap song all time

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqhJfjbNuQg

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Goodie Mob were in Mystery Men as the Not So Goodie Mob.

Just wanted to add a lil something here.

I laugh every time they're introduced as such.

tjones
May 13, 2005
the south got somethin to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIaDSpLpbg4

best group to ever do it but then again im biased as gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Forever

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tjones posted:

the south got somethin to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIaDSpLpbg4

best group to ever do it but then again im biased as gently caress

Still to this day, multiple times a week, I’ll hum the horn riff to spottieottuedpoealiscious to myself.

Certified classic

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kanye and Ty dolla sign dropped a single off their joint project on to streaming services. Called vultures.

And it is dog poo poo

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Still to this day, multiple times a week, I’ll hum the horn riff to spottieottuedpoealiscious to myself.

Certified classic

That was actually played by André

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

abraham linksys posted:

is idlewild worth listening to? i feel like given its weird soundtrack nature its almost non-canonical in my mind, but i guess it was their last joint project

also is the movie worth watching lol

Not really. It has like four songs worth listening to. Morris Brown rules but the last song credited to Outkast is called A Bad Note which is pretty appropriate lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Kanye and Ty dolla sign dropped a single off their joint project on to streaming services. Called vultures.

And it is dog poo poo

no no no!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Shocked SHOCKED!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheBizzness posted:

That was actually played by André

The flute album makes a lot of sense in hindsight, turns out.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Was hoping to just continue to pretend Kanye west was killed in a tragic zeppelin accident in 2015 but thanks for ruining my illusion

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m surprised anyone is willing to work with him.

More like Ty No Dolla Signs apparently

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Ty Hopefully-Just-Dolla Signs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Was hoping to just continue to pretend Kanye west was killed in a tragic zeppelin accident in 2015

Life of Pablo from 2016 was heat tho !!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ty “Actually it used to be a symbol of peace in Buddhism” Signs

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Ty “Actually it used to be a symbol of peace in Buddhism” Signs

:lol: :v:

goddamn

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that’s not how his name is formatted and real heads would know!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kuntyorbjarb/status/1727320392862515573?s=46&t=JsbrXZLeMaksMidW9RvL9A

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This song popped up on my playlists last week:

https://youtu.be/NZVMopW_jUo?si=EjCoTTsTbFINwEJQ

and every time I hear it all I can think is “my god Azealia would eat this girl alive”. Imagine dropping a song as perfect as 212 on your first attempt

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Life of Pablo from 2016 was heat tho !!!

If you say so. I remember the beat on father stretch my bleached rear end in a top hat and that’s about it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

the real strength of pablo is in the "bonus tracks" after wolves. 30 hours, no more parties, fade, and saint pablo are all so good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

This song popped up on my playlists last week:

https://youtu.be/NZVMopW_jUo?si=EjCoTTsTbFINwEJQ

and every time I hear it all I can think is “my god Azealia would eat this girl alive”. Imagine dropping a song as perfect as 212 on your first attempt

This song is so good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

If you say so. I remember the beat on father stretch my bleached rear end in a top hat and that’s about it.

Posting like this for a beloved album doesn’t really work lol

Just tells us you didn’t hear the album back then

E: if this was Jesus is king of donda it would be ok but straight up not for the life of Pablo lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kids see ghosts was heat too if we’re being real… after that tho….

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/1727404822884946368

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Posting like this for a beloved album doesn’t really work lol

Just tells us you didn’t hear the album back then

E: if this was Jesus is king of donda it would be ok but straight up not for the life of Pablo lol.

I listened to it once whenever it hit a non Tidal streaming service and my honest to god thoughts at the Time were that it was like listening to a dj Khaled album. Interpret that in whatever way you want but I very strongly do not think that it was a good or memorable album at all.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Life of Pablo is an album full of good songs with a terrible lack of structure but if it wasn’t following some of the best albums ever made and directly preceding a lunatic mental breakdown it wouldn’t be so controversial to say that it’s good

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m not even trying to get these jokes off. I genuinely cannot fathom anybody liking that album enough to call it beloved. It’s like listening to a mixtape where the person who’s name is on the cover is the worst rapper on it.

It’s a very good representation of being in the middle of a manic episode I guess.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
BILL COSBY INNOCENT!!!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

The Life of Pablo is an album full of good songs with a terrible lack of structure but if it wasn’t following some of the best albums ever made and directly preceding a lunatic mental breakdown it wouldn’t be so controversial to say that it’s good

The lack of structure is thematic on Tlop, something you can't say about Donda which also lacks any coherence as a complete work.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t think it was thematic, there were what like two songs on the album about him taking lexapro or whatever. It was scattershot because he didn’t have a final tracklist or feature list until like a week after you could listen to it. Maybe I shouldn’t voice an opinion on this because I only listened to it once when I’d been day drinking but I don’t agree with you there

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That was entirely more words than ol sig heil rear end Kanye Omari deserves. gently caress him and the lamp he rode in on

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah calling TLOP beloved is strong.

But it's got some fun songs on it.

Outside of KSG the last time a Kanye project has even that.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

tlop sucks been saying it forever (real friends great tho) also so does yeezus

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

I relistened to Yeezus recently and I was surprised how little I liked it compared to when it came out. I absolutely adored it on release. I still like it but it could've been so much better than it was.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you want to hear Yeezus but worse put Utopia on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah calling TLOP beloved is strong.

But it's got some fun songs on it.

Outside of KSG the last time a Kanye project has even that.

It is strong, but that's just how I feel with how the general consensus around it formed. I'm iffy on the album itself as a whole since its very messy. (real friends and father stretch my hands ill take from it)