Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hip Gelatinous Cube
May 30, 2001

what up
Reposting from this thread (thanks Hammer Bro), this is how the whole conversation went:

Kelly: "You know what I think? That is really dumb. I know about WWII because of my father and because I was very good in history in school."
Adam: "All right. Quiz!"
Kelly: "All right, go on. I'm telling you, I'm serious. It's all I ever watch with my dad."
Adam: "Okay, who were the Allied Powers and the Axis Powers."
Kelly: "Ask me a real question!"
Adam: "Ahaha! That's 101, baby!"
Kelly: "Oh, you guys suck. But seriously, you're asking me a question that somebody would have to really study to know. Ask me a question that's like a general question."
Drew: "Axis powers were Germany..."
Kelly: "And England."
Adam: "And England, right."
Drew: "No, no..."
Adam: "I'm just sayin'-"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What could possibly be more basic than that?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hip Gelatinous Cube posted:

Reposting from this thread (thanks Hammer Bro), this is how the whole conversation went:

Kelly: "You know what I think? That is really dumb. I know about WWII because of my father and because I was very good in history in school."
Adam: "All right. Quiz!"
Kelly: "All right, go on. I'm telling you, I'm serious. It's all I ever watch with my dad."
Adam: "Okay, who were the Allied Powers and the Axis Powers."
Kelly: "Ask me a real question!"
Adam: "Ahaha! That's 101, baby!"
Kelly: "Oh, you guys suck. But seriously, you're asking me a question that somebody would have to really study to know. Ask me a question that's like a general question."
Drew: "Axis powers were Germany..."
Kelly: "And England."
Adam: "And England, right."
Drew: "No, no..."
Adam: "I'm just sayin'-"

Drew: :negative:

How do I not remember this? I thought I had listened to all of them with Kelly.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
In Loveline they used to do a recurring bit where they would blast cool rock music as Adam described himself walking into a bar and looking cool, and then they would say "...And this is what the ladies see" and play this goofy cartoon music. Does anyone know the name of the goofy song they would use? This is of the utmost importance.

(Sorry if this question has been asked/answered already, but I can't dig through all 172 pages of this thread.)

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn
e: nevermind I don't know what the goofy part is.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Apparently Adam's on loveline tonight.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

radiatinglines posted:

Honest to God :negative: may as well be :drdrew: but we'd need to add glasses to it

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

polo-rican posted:

In Loveline they used to do a recurring bit where they would blast cool rock music as Adam described himself walking into a bar and looking cool, and then they would say "...And this is what the ladies see" and play this goofy cartoon music. Does anyone know the name of the goofy song they would use? This is of the utmost importance.

(Sorry if this question has been asked/answered already, but I can't dig through all 172 pages of this thread.)

I don't know what it is but everyone else can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJP-eh6MCck

Drew's theme is Un Homme et Une Femme by Paul Mauriat though.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
It's been talked about a couple times in this thread but goddamn Drew.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, did his arms get that big from carrying Stryker's worthless rear end?

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

whatsabattle posted:

It's been talked about a couple times in this thread but goddamn Drew.

I came to post this. I knew Drew was cut but god drat. :gay:

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.
Surprised you guys didn't already know this:

Excess passion = muscle definition

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
lol Drew has bigger biceps than that MMA fighter douche in the front

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

TomSellek posted:

lol Drew has bigger biceps than that MMA fighter douche in the front

Is having huge biceps a prerequisite for being an "MMA fighter douche?" I am hoping Adam will eventually invite Mike to be on his podcast, they could make fun of Stryker and Drew for an hour.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

Apparently Adam's on loveline tonight.

This is awesome. I was listening to old episodes on my way to work today and was wondering when he would be a guest again. I can't wait.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Mayhem Miller was really good on the podcast. I liked the conversational tone between him and Adam.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007
I hope someone records adam's loveline appearance tonight because I need to go to sleep early tonight :(

Anyone?

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn

Twobits posted:

I hope someone records adam's loveline appearance tonight because I need to go to sleep early tonight :(

Anyone?

I trust enough in Carolla-era Loveline's obsessive fans that I'm certain there will be at least one high quality recording uploaded by the end of the day tomorrow. Just have faith.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Not only am I recording this one but I also just made it on the show and got adam to give out his cranberry sauce recipe. You're welcome.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

IceLicker posted:

Not only am I recording this one but I also just made it on the show and got adam to give out his cranberry sauce recipe. You're welcome.

Haha I just caught the end of it, this is the first thanksgiving i'm going to try it out too

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
drat, Carolla made a quick getaway tonight. Staying for about 60% of the show.

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn
I thank you on behalf of all the listeners tonight who never got a chance to hear him give out that recipe before. As for the rest of you, if you didn't have that recipe memorized then you can get the gently caress outta this thread.

Maxwedge
May 7, 2007
copied off the Carolla board

http://www.mediafire.com/?zh9gqw4oubafadt
OR
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ILQT88EV
OR
http://rapidshare.com/files/430366674/Loveline_-_2010-11-11__Guest_-_Adam_Carolla_.mp3

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.
If you haven't made it yet, you're missing out. It's the best.

Already called dibs on making cranberry sauce for the office Thanksgiving party this year. :smuggo:

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
I haven't yet listened to any of the post-Loveline Adam guest appearances. But from reading the thread it seems they are disappointing in general?

Also,I've only seem one episode of the MTV show waay back in the day. Are they worth watching? I figure its more of the same, but the way they trash the TV show on the radio makes me think its a very pale imitation.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
I did Carolla's cranberry sauce last year, and it's true. I'll never go back to the canned stuff.

Also, I don't know what the consensus on the tv show was. It's existence is what got me into the radio show, so it can't be all bad. That being said, there's a couple clips of it on youtube. Not many, but enough that you can get an idea for how the show was.

edit - Oh wow. Looking around for more of those clips, I came across this one I hadn't seen before. Behind the scenes on the radio show, from Adam's tlc show.

Rack fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 12, 2010

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

CatchrNdRy posted:

Also,I've only seem one episode of the MTV show waay back in the day. Are they worth watching? I figure its more of the same, but the way they trash the TV show on the radio makes me think its a very pale imitation.

I enjoyed it when it was first on, but it was on MTV which adds some suck. It was much more censored, so more questions about piercings and tats and beer binges, and less domestic/drug abuse. They also had Diane Farr as a cohost. The MTV show got me into the radio show as well.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Adam really ought to have the balls to tell the awful news girls to gently caress off. Esther Lauren was just horrible.

Also, I'm surprised more people haven't tried homemade cranberry sauce before. Even without any crazy ingredients, putting some fresh cranberries in boiling water (and some salt, I think) is really easy to do. It's depressing that people are just so god drat lazy they won't take 20 minutes to stir a spoon around on one day of the year.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."

IceLicker posted:

There is no way I can go back to fleshlight canned sauce after tasting the real thing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Adam really ought to have the balls to tell the awful news girls to gently caress off. Esther Lauren was just horrible.

Also, I'm surprised more people haven't tried homemade cranberry sauce before. Even without any crazy ingredients, putting some fresh cranberries in boiling water (and some salt, I think) is really easy to do. It's depressing that people are just so god drat lazy they won't take 20 minutes to stir a spoon around on one day of the year.

It was cranberries and a crap ton of sugar.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Yeah people are so lazy because cranberry sauce is literally the only thing you eat during Thanksgiving and there isnt a whole bunch of other poo poo to make at all.

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn
That was Adam's point though. You put so much effort into making a good meal then you make a mockery of the whole thing by using canned cranberry sauce. And I use "sauce" in the loosest sense of the word because it's more like cranberry gelatin.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's more like "Mashed cranberries" if you use Adam's recipes.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

UltraRed posted:

It's more like "Mashed cranberries" if you use Adam's recipes.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :colbert:

Just in case you're out of the loop, the base recipe goes like this:

quote:

1 bag (12oz) fresh cranberries
1 cup water
<1 cup sugar

Boil water + sugar, dissolve. Add cranberries. Lower to medium-high heat, simmer for 5 minutes, serve.

Overall, costs about the same amount to make it as it is to buy it, possibly cheaper. The regular recipe calls for 1 whole cup sugar, but the Ace Man says it's better to go closer to 2/3rds or 3/4ths a cup. If you want to get fancy, splash a little orange juice in there at the end. And you'd have to go out of your way to mess up something that simple, really. It also keeps really well after thanksgiving if you make too much.

Also, it's not a crapton of sugar. Accounting for water lost during boiling, the sugar content (not counting the natural stuff found in the berries) is only about 16.7%. And have you ever had a raw fresh cranberry? They're awful. You HAVE to add a decent amount of sugar to it.

edit - Cranberry sauce is serious business.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

zVxTeflon posted:

Yeah people are so lazy because cranberry sauce is literally the only thing you eat during Thanksgiving and there isnt a whole bunch of other poo poo to make at all.

Cranberry sauce is the counterpart to the MAIN MEAT, so no I don't accept your excuse. On Thanksgiving, my mom would just stick a wooden spoon in my hand and tell me to stir the cranberries until they were done. That's all the effort you need.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

zVxTeflon had to go to therapy because his family Thanksgiving involved powdered mashed potatos, canned cranberry sauce, and the kind of gravy that doesn't come in a glass bottle.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

radiatinglines posted:

The worst guests were English rock bands and starlets under 25. Kelly is/was literally both.

The Darkness was of course the penultimate example, but it seems like almost all English rock bands had this smug, quiet distaste for the nature of the show. Yet hypocritically enough most seemed hungover or coming down from something.

Though occasionally Adam and Drew could actually drag a very insightful comment out of them. I imagine them all like a non-cheerful Russell Brand.

yeah I edited to say "English rock bands" cause I feel a few irish/scottish bands being affable, and the English rap/electronic bands being friendly too. I recall an early Adam actually talking about taking one to dinner or something.
vvvvv

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 13, 2010

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
You would think english bands would have been the most interesting to listen to but as it turns out they suck but every time there were rap groups or rappers on they were awesome.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Loveline has really made me give people who I might not like at all a decent chance. The dudes from Good Charlotte are a good example, have never listened to their music, it's not my thing, but I remember them being good entertaining guests.

Jack Osbourne is the same - he is a really funny kid and not at all shy about talking about his recovery, which is great.

Paul Rodriguez (aka 80s George Lopez) is another one, he seems like just a crappy stand up comic but then he was talking about being in the navy and a dude dying in his arms and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

whatsabattle posted:

This is compensation for childhood trauma on the level of the little-girl voice.

(aww I'm just jealous)

• Locked thread