Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

qntm posted:

Can't really blame him on that last point, I gave up on that show early in season one.

gently caress now you're going to get a ton of people going "IT GETS BETTER AT THE MIDPOINT OF SEASON ONE"

No. No it does not.

Season 2 has some entertaining stuff--namely Kyle MacLachlan and Adrianne Palicki as two actual Marvel characters--but everything else still sucks. Season 3 is worse. Season 4 has Robbie Reyes which is nice, but it's way too early to tell if a few cool FX shots add up to a show worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
^^ one of us didn't read all the fine print, I guess. :)

And that would be me. :smith:

qntm posted:

Can't really blame him on that last point, I gave up on that show early in season one.

Something about being a low-level named mook in a superterrorist organization doesn't spell "entertainment" when viewing 24 as much as "premonition".

(First season wasn't horrible, if you can accept the classic-serial cliffhanger storyline. Second season was pretty shaky (mountain lion? really?) and from then onward it was proven that Jack Bauer was a failed experiment from Department H/Weapon Plus - making an XY clone of Domino resulted mostly in a power inversion, where success can still be achieved, but only through the most difficult means imaginable, followed directly by more adverse results to offset. Code Name: poo poo Magnet)

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 22, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

gently caress now you're going to get a ton of people going "IT GETS BETTER AT THE MIDPOINT OF SEASON ONE"

No. No it does not.

Sure it does, season one had some decent intrigue by the end.

Then it all just meanders about with dollar-store X-Men and the sexy female lead becomes a special snowflake superhuman who of course isn't blemished by any physical mutation, unlike the evil lady who is punished with ugliness for being all evil.

And then I stopped watching. Apparently it has Ghost Rider now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Sure it does, season one had some decent intrigue by the end.

Then it all just meanders about with dollar-store X-Men and the sexy female lead becomes a special snowflake superhuman who of course isn't blemished by any physical mutation, unlike the evil lady who is punished with ugliness for being all evil.

And then I stopped watching. Apparently it has Ghost Rider now.

I thought she was punished with ugliness due to being dissected and then put together? The secret agent who gets powers is from the comic book and was based on Angelina Jolie

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quake was supposed to look like Angelina Jolie? Guess the artists never got the memo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

Quake was supposed to look like Angelina Jolie? Guess the artists never got the memo.

Secret War #2

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 23, 2016

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Secret War #2

I am glad everyone forgot about that comic

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nobody did. It was a good comic with great art.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Hackers era Jolie, maybe?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought she was punished with ugliness due to being dissected and then put together? The secret agent who gets powers is from the comic book and was based on Angelina Jolie

Jaiying (Dichen Lachmann, aka Sierra from Dollhouse) was dissected and put back together. She was Skye/Daisy/Quake's mom, and she was still beautiful, despite superficial scars.

Raina (Ruth Negga, aka Tulip from Preacher) was turned into an ugly porcupine-lady from exposure to the Terrigen Mist. She was the one who worked with the Clairvoyant first, and then with Skye/Daisy/Quake's dad.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I just read Ghost Rider: Engines of Vengeance, and I'd like to nominate the entire loving thing for the Bad Art Award. Tradd Moore wants to be Humberto Ramos, but so far as anatomy goes he makes Ramos look like da Vinci. I can't even bring myself to post samples.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jedit posted:

I just read Ghost Rider: Engines of Vengeance, and I'd like to nominate the entire loving thing for the Bad Art Award. Tradd Moore wants to be Humberto Ramos, but so far as anatomy goes he makes Ramos look like da Vinci. I can't even bring myself to post samples.

Haven't read that particular one but Tradd Moore in general loving rules. Maybe it's actually good?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I have no idea if these are in sequence but anyway

poo poo looks pretty rad to me :shrug:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Tradd Moore is awesome. Luther Strode is a beautiful book.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The only thing that's a little weak is the canned fonts in the SFX but that's normal these days :shrug:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He has no idea how to draw clothing folds and there's a couple of expressions that need dialling in, but otherwise that seems pretty okay.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

When Humberto Ramos jerks off it's to Tradd Moore art

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You know how a cartoon's animation can look great in motion but if you pause it the characters can look really distorted during that particular frame? Ramos and Moore are both cartoony artists but Ramos' panels often look like they're captured from a cartoon during one of those awkward frames.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Really cool art and design but that kid's face in that one panel makes me uneasy

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Chinaman7000 posted:

Really cool art and design but that kid's face in that one panel makes me uneasy

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Someone show this to KC Greene and tell him this pinocchio is better than his Pinocchio but not too harshly because i want to keep the guy alive in case he restarts Gunshow.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Breaking News: Comic book artist / cartoonist does not trace photographs. Uses exaggerated expressions for a specific effect. More on this story at eleven.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is the first thing that came to mind (dating myself here):

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

(dating myself here)

Well, it's about to be your time again!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Every time I see Slapstick I instantly hear the start of the tiny toons theme song.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is slapstick like poor man's impossible man or Jim carrey version of the mask or something what's his deal

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

site posted:

Is slapstick like poor man's impossible man or Jim carrey version of the mask or something what's his deal

The latter. His power is basically "operates by cartoon physics."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He's more like Poor Man's Freakazoid.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

He also canonically does not have a penis as a result of his powers and every writer references this at some point when he shows up in a comic

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mover posted:

He also canonically does not have a penis as a result of his powers and every writer references this at some point when he shows up in a comic

Neither does Rockslide, and everybody likes him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

prefect posted:

Neither does Rockslide, and everybody likes him.
That's clearly because Rockslide is a jock and Slapstick is a weirdo nerd.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Well, it's about to be your time again!

Never actually read an issue with that guy in it. Only know him from that set of Marvel trading cards.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Selachian posted:

The latter. His power is basically "operates by cartoon physics."

So he's a literal superhero?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Lobok posted:

(dating myself here):

This is the comics forum, nobody here is dating anyone but themselves

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I remember going to a mall in like the early nineties and buying one of those grab bag of comics, it had Some Power Pack and the origin issue of Slapstick. So every time he pops up, I'm like "I've heard of you, what have you done since then? Oh, nothing."

And yeah, he was like Freakazoid's Origin, but he turned into the Mask. Even as a child I was like "This is not original."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

So he's a literal superhero?

Cartoon, not comic. Spider-Man can swing from his webs with very little regard for physics and momentum, but the pretence is still made. If Slapstick were to acquire the powers of Juggernaut, when he ran through a wall he would leave a hole in the exact shape of his body.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Mover posted:

Any writer who thinks cartoon characters don't have penises obviously doesn't watch the same cartoons that I do.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Patchwork Shaman posted:

Any writer who thinks cartoon characters don't have penises obviously doesn't watch the same cartoons that I do.

:yikes:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

What? There were only so many things they could make dollar-shaped or diamond-encrusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Anora posted:

I remember going to a mall in like the early nineties and buying one of those grab bag of comics, it had Some Power Pack and the origin issue of Slapstick. So every time he pops up, I'm like "I've heard of you, what have you done since then? Oh, nothing."

And yeah, he was like Freakazoid's Origin, but he turned into the Mask. Even as a child I was like "This is not original."

I don't know, sounds like Deadpool to me.