Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Unconfirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remembered lola

She was a show girl, right?

Advice posted:

Kizaru, one of the Admirals, the strongest force of military might the Marines have, bold-facedly said they can't stop Weevil from doing whatever he wants so they had better just let him keep killing entire towns. Think about that.

This would mean more if 2/3, minimum, of the Marines could be assed to give a single poo poo about helping people.

Given the past actions of the Marines, and who is in charge right now, it wouldn't be surprising if he actually meant it would be too much trouble to stop Weevil.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

*Turns chair around, sits in it backward*

But what about Johnny and Yosaku?

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

Advice posted:

Weevil is probably one of the strongest people in the series and I'm incredibly hype for whatever he ends up doing. He was introduced so late that Oda almost has to have massive plans for him.

Kizaru, one of the Admirals, the strongest force of military might the Marines have, bold-facedly said they can't stop Weevil from doing whatever he wants so they had better just let him keep killing entire towns. Think about that.

I'm pretty sure Kizaru was doing that thing where he talks sarcastically out of the side of his mouth like a stroke victim. I don't remember that scene at all, but I remember Kizaru.

I just binge read this entire goddamn monster series over the course of three months. I had been putting it off for years because it was too long. Now I have to wait for new chapters. This is going to continue for like another ten years right? If the plot keeps this same level of complexity it has to.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

it would be cool to see them on buggys crew fsr

in fact the funniest thing ever would be all of the east blue dudes being buggys underlings (save arlong)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Part of Captain Gin's crew.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

We saw them in a cover arc a couple years ago. They're big, buff fishermen near Nami's village. Strange that we didn't see them in the more recent cover arc reacting to Luffy's new bounty. But I guess Oda couldn't fit everyone in.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I remember someone saying that Big Mom wanted all races to be part of her family or something. I'm not sure if I missed it, but were there any okama on her islands?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Okama is a lifestyle choice, not a race...

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Please give me a giant Okama before the end of this, Oda.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
well if she wanted an okama at the table, i can see why she wants sanji married into the family.

also theres no chapter this week! which stinks! it stinks a lot!!!

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Thought of something fun! "Hundred Beast" Kaido really, really wants to die for some reason, has access to all the Devil Fruits he wants, and if you eat two of them you "for sure" explode and die. Yet Blackbeard uses multiple fruits. I was reading through old chapters and it talked about how SAD comes from "lineage factor", which I guess is a factor that would get passed along through Devil Fruits from person to person.

So where was CC getting the lineage for all those Zoan imitation fruits he was making? :munch:

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 11, 2016

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I am resisting the urge to re-read any of One Piece beyond the omnibuses, despite not being able to remember anything at all between where I currently am (two-thirds through Thriller Bark) and the end of Punk Hazard.

It's nice; it's like rediscovering everything all over again.

I've been thinking of getting those Omnibuses at some point. I bought 1-13 as a kid until I realized they were all online and 400 chapters past the English releases at the time. Would love to read SBS sections again and not have a dog-poo poo translations for Alabasta.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sub Harrison posted:

I've been thinking of getting those Omnibuses at some point. I bought 1-13 as a kid until I realized they were all online and 400 chapters past the English releases at the time. Would love to read SBS sections again and not have a dog-poo poo translations for Alabasta.

The individual volumes are nicer and if you buy the big boxed releases of them they're about the same in price as the omnibuses.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

If we're being honest the whole thing until Impel Down is pretty miserable to some extent. Part of the reason I stuck with the anime until they stopped putting new episodes on Hulu (because, you know, fansubs kinda defeat the point of not reading lovely translations).

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Yeah even Amazon Lily had some translation problems with Boa's name/title.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've been looking for the updated version of this image. Can you help?

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've been looking for the updated version of this image. Can you help?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Thanks a bunch.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Usopp in the "Now" panel should be the drawing he did to knock out Sugar the second time.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
It's Usopp but with a messiah halo around his head. It works for me.

Zoro's swords should be black.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Loved the image before. Love it even more now.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
those 3 panels for one piece are legit the best summary of it ever and ussopp in all the panels are all literal gold

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

where the flip. is one piece. give me spoilers or something

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oddium posted:

where the flip. is one piece. give me spoilers or something

you must suffer, sorry.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

In the absence of a chapter, I leave you this thought from a few weeks back by one of the forum's comic making goons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one piece is a slightly sturdier hat

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one piece isn't literally the journey, it's figuratively the journey

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
One piece is all of rogers gold melted down into a huge gold ball and luffy has to use it to fight Super god enel after he returns from the moon

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am sticking with my prediction that Luffy's final move of the series will be to stretch into space and slam-dunk the moon into Blackbeard.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I am sticking with my prediction that Luffy's final move of the series will be to stretch into space and slam-dunk the moon into Blackbeard.

I look forward to the AMVs where people remix One Piece songs with the Space Jam theme.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm hoping the final Blackbeard punch is a throwback to chapter 2 when Luffy punched out the seaking, kinda like romance dawn for the new world's cover was for chapter 1.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a photo of rogers crew having a huge party

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The real treasure is the friends Roger made along the way.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GodFish posted:

The real treasure is the friends Roger made along the way.

"Thank god you came! We've been trapped here for the last 20 years!"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sub Harrison posted:

I'm hoping the final Blackbeard punch is a throwback to chapter 2 when Luffy punched out the seaking, kinda like romance dawn for the new world's cover was for chapter 1.

That was in chapter 1.

badlyknitsweater
Jan 22, 2001
http://mangastream.com/r/one_piece/836/3614/1

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ahahahaha Bleach didn't get a shoutout from Oda on the week of its final chapter and it doesn't have the cover of Shonen Jump. Savage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh, Bleach is over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pureauthor posted:

Oh, Bleach is over?

Yep. And it was as lame and half-assed as expected.