Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Not only would that series list be lame and boring as gently caress, there's some incredibly weird stuff there. V Gundam as the only UC? 70s Mazinger but New Getter Robo?

I'd also be legit surprised to see IBO before G-Reco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
IBO at least resonated more with international audiences more then Reco did with anyone at all really.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ibo also resonated more with jp audiences than greco

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

KoB posted:

IBO at least resonated more with international audiences more then Reco did with anyone at all really.

Please do not marginalize my perspective.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Even fake leaked lists are taking out Macross. Everyone knows the deal now.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Nobody liking Delta and everybody being so loving done with Frontier probably helps with that.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

i saw a 'leak' in some discord claiming a series list of:

Mazinger Z
New Getter Robo
Shin Jeeg
Gaogaigar
God Mars
Dancouga Nova
Victory Gundam
Gundam Wing
G Gundam
VOTOMS
Code Geass
Nadesico TV
Gargantia
Code Geass: Akito The Exiled
Dorvack
Valvrave
Majestic Prince
Ironblooded Orphans

but I don't believe it because A) Gaogaigar and G Gundam feels a bit too meme, B) the amount of stuff they can reuse from Z3/V feels a bit low, and C) loving Dorvack? Really?

About the only thing here I have no idea about is Dorvack.

But I want this list to be true, if only for the glorious though of an HD Double Gegkigan Flare.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I just finished Star Driver so if I saw a leak list with Star Driver in it it'd give me incredible happiness even when I know Star Driver is pretty much impossible to use due to its own plot not fitting at all with any other mecha series.

Star Driver is still my one pick for a SRW that will never happen, alongside Voltron: Legendary Defender once it is properly completed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I just finished Star Driver so if I saw a leak list with Star Driver in it it'd give me incredible happiness even when I know Star Driver is pretty much impossible to use due to its own plot not fitting at all with any other mecha series.

Star Driver is still my one pick for a SRW that will never happen, alongside Voltron: Legendary Defender once it is properly completed.

I wouldn't say any series is impossible.

I mean Evangelion is, by necessity, based around a single city with super-heavy restrictions on the machine's usage in a setting which is post-apocalyptic and it regularly shows up in SRW with handwaves. Tons of other units have strict limitations. All it takes is a bullshit McGuffin and it works out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Literal series have shown up in series as just guests, I never understood some people going "It's impossible for it to be there!" in a series about dimensional holes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fei-Yen Hatsune Miku getting into SRW shows that the bar is so low that you could sleepwalk over it.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Yeah you can solve the the Star Driver problem by just slapping the "oh because it's a parallel universe or whatever the mechs work here too I guess" plot bandaid.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Reminder that Shin-Chan somehow found its way into SRW.

Shin-Chan. They can make anything work.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 28, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Reminded that Shin-Chan somehow found its way into SRW.

Shin-Chan. They can make anything work.

Keroro Gunsou too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

Yeah you can solve the the Star Driver problem by just slapping the "oh because it's a parallel universe or whatever the mechs work here too I guess" plot bandaid.
heck, just make the original villains like the DAMON from Z2. They punch holes into dimensions, wherever they show up there's interdimensional radiation, the star driver mechs only work in areas with interdimensional radiation instead of just one pocket dimension. Or whatever.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
X-Omega doesn't count.

But in seriousness Star Driver is easy, you just have every Star Driver chapter take place in a pocket dimension where other enemies are also invading for some reason, and end the show slightly early so Takuto can join permanently. It's not like they can't include series that are entirely boss fights, they've already done Zeorymer and Gun x Sword.

Side note: In my dream Star Driver, Adult Bank and Benio's group also join you.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh man can you imagine if they put Bokurano in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Getsuya posted:

Oh man can you imagine if they put Bokurano in.

It'd be like Alpha where you could only combine the SRX a certain number of times, only in this case you only have a certain number of pilots.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
With a Great Zeorymer-esque only use it when you absolutely have to secret to keep them all or something.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Alpha Collection with english SEA release.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super Robot Wars 2 HD Remake :twisted:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

Incidentally, I came off hiatus so please look forward to more progress on the PS2 game front soon. Here's some text from the last stage I worked on.

quote:

Bitter: I think not, Commander. For the sake of the new Zeon, you must carry out the mission you've been given to completion.
Cima: The mission can kiss my rear end! I'll buy my way out of the drat contract.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Raxivace posted:

Super Robot Wars 2 HD Remake :twisted:

Super Robot Wars Impact HD Remake :unsmigghh: But seriously, a HD remake of one of the better games would be cool.

Hokuto posted:

Incidentally, I came off hiatus so please look forward to more progress on the PS2 game front soon. Here's some text from the last stage I worked on.

Yet more proof that Cima is the best and deserves to be a secret character in every game featuring 0083.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Inferno-sama posted:

Yet more proof that Cima is the best and deserves to be a secret character in every game featuring 0083.

:hai:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I always thought megazone in Srw D was one of the weirder nserts. It's like two side missions and he then it's off to the main team. Do you ever go back to the city? I can't really remember.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Inferno-sama posted:

Super Robot Wars Impact HD Remake :unsmigghh: But seriously, a HD remake of one of the better games would be cool.

W. Give me those shouting Gais and the not so shouting Gai with full voice acting. And break a few microphones with Tekkaman Blade!

Add, I dunno, Gurren-Lagann to it so we can have maximum hot blood.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
HD W remake using the W sprites that they're going to us in OGs.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know it's not gonna happen, and I disappoint myself every time it doesn't happen.

But I really want Rayearth.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Hellioning posted:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm a bit late on this but

Safe: IBO
Unlikely: Valvrave
Wishful: Xenoglossia

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Hellioning posted:

I know it's not gonna happen, and I disappoint myself every time it doesn't happen.

I want this and I also want it to have a final boss that casts Love every turn.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Hokuto posted:

I want this and I also want it to have a final boss that casts Love every turn.

Both of them should.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Only things on my wish list are G-Reco and J-Decker, but anything that makes everyone throw their hands up in the air going "What the gently caress?!" will make me happy too. The less repeats from previous games the better as far as I'm concerned (except Mazinger Z they can do that 100 times I'll never get tired of it).

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

you shut the gently caress up. dont play with my heart like that :smith:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Time for another long-rear end late game 2nd OG stage, MX finale coming up shortly.

edit: Stream over, you should all find someone who loves you like Erde loves her baby

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 2, 2017

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Hokuto posted:

Time for another long-rear end late game 2nd OG stage, MX finale coming up shortly.

edit: Stream over, you should all find someone who loves you like Erde loves her baby

Oh great, so not only have our "heroes" killed Christmas, they're now trying to kill a baby and also kill the mother of said baby, who was just trying to save her baby and make sure he grows up big and strong.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Don't forget crashing a boat into the president of earth.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

EthanSteele posted:

Don't forget crashing a boat into the president of earth.

Don't worry that's just worth a demotion from lieutenant colonel to major. :v:

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Listen, that president was a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
And he wasn't a general. If he was a general he would have lived

• Locked thread