Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You tell him Melvin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Spider-man: King of the Moloids, would be a hell of a diversion for the strip to take.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

goatface posted:

Spider-man: King of the Moloids, would be a hell of a diversion for the strip to take.
But they need someone of higher intelligence to look after them. :confused:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

goatface posted:

I mean Melvin didn't have an Uncle Ben to tell him that great power comes with great responsibility. He can just gently caress off back to the surface with his conscience totally clear. Meanwhile, Spider-Man is responsible for propping up Tyrannus when he easily could have let him die. He must lead the moloid rebellion.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If the story does not end with Moleman marrying May, maybe we can complain enough that they will write another story to rectify it, like the time the strip ended its Brand New Day reboot after the Electro arc.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Haifisch posted:

But they need someone of higher intelligence to look after them. :confused:

After dealing with the 3 hour reign of King Spider-Man, the moloids finally learn to become self sufficient for the sake of their own survival.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, I had no idea NSM was loving amazing.

Every time I think of "Oh noooo." I giggle.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

HEY GUYSTH

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Look, either let your Aunt die or let her get married and be happy. Either way, stop bogarting her, Peter :mad:
I want this version of Aunt May to die so bad that I've gone past the point of finding myself creepy or having "issues" and into the realm of like a burnt-out adult watching an elder cling to hospice for way too goddamn long and just wanting their lives to end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mind the walrus posted:

I want this version of Aunt May to die so bad that I've gone past the point of finding myself creepy or having "issues" and into the realm of like a burnt-out adult watching an elder cling to hospice for way too goddamn long and just wanting their lives to end.

Then comes the deal with the devil

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
May's death in the clone saga of the print Spider-Man comic was very well done and the high point of the saga (not that's hard, but still). And she shouldn't have been brought back later on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mikl posted:

Unpopular opinion time! May's death in the clone saga of the print Spider-Man comic was very well done and the high point of the saga (not that's hard, but still). And she shouldn't have been brought back later on.

I thought she died well before the clone saga started.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
It was right at the start of it (ASM #400).

There’s even a nice parallel of Peter crying on her deathbed surrounded by his loved ones while Ben has to grieve alone on the rooftop.

... To this day I don’t get why they brought her back - I don’t think Quesada had enough pull at that point , but I could be wrong - it was a perfect sendoff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think it was supposed to be an apology to the fans for icing the baby.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

I think it was supposed to be an apology to the fans for icing the baby.

Nope. They made it seem that Norman had the baby hostage as there were lines about how they had May, and it was a trick as it was Aunt May the whole time

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

https://imgur.com/y511Ia1

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress you Spidey stop hassling your new uncle, he is gonna go out and get himself shot or something.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This better end with Lenny, New King of the Moloids.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
No, no. There's a solution we're all missing.

The moloids need an intelligent leader. A moral leader. A man of peace. A leader familiar with Melvin, and has demonstrated the ability to hang out underground without having coughing fits.

Nameless priest for Mole King.

Fale edit: Or Mole Man just commutes underground a few hours a day. It's clearly pretty easy to get a tunnel made.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Unnamed One posted:

It was right at the start of it (ASM #400).

There’s even a nice parallel of Peter crying on her deathbed surrounded by his loved ones while Ben has to grieve alone on the rooftop.

... To this day I don’t get why they brought her back - I don’t think Quesada had enough pull at that point , but I could be wrong - it was a perfect sendoff.

I wonder if, when it was revealed that the Aunt May who died was just an actress, if MJ thought to herself "gently caress I'll never be that good".

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Peter, that is loving diabolical. I wouldn't be surprised if he convinces Moleman to stay underground, and then goes back up and tells Aunt May ''uh, yeah, he died in combat, he said to tell you he never loved you''

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"Here lies Moleman. He served his country well, but never scored."

The better solution would be Peter staying to lead the moloids, they need a hip new ruler that can lead them into a bright new era.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

spidey shut uuuup

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Spidey off-panel while Mole Man's back was turned:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He's a menace! A threat to every good person!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Breaking news on the Daily Bugle: SPIDERMAN, ENEMY OF ROMANCE?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Also mole man seems to think his former subjects don't have actual sentience so maybe he really shouldn't rule over them.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
surely the moloids were doing fine before melvin showed up anyway

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Also mole man seems to think his former subjects don't have actual sentience so maybe he really shouldn't rule over them.
It makes his whole "I'll miss you" bubble seem even more calloused.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I bet Melvin (I still think it's kind of weird that he's Melvin here but Harvey in the 616, but ~*alternate universes*~ I guess) stays, his kingdom is overrun by Tyrranoids, and he has to get Spidey to help again. Repeat forever.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Synthbuttrange posted:

spidey shut uuuup

By the looks of the first panel they're already defying the laws of gravity, these moloids need guidance!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I bet Melvin (I still think it's kind of weird that he's Melvin here but Harvey in the 616, but ~*alternate universes*~ I guess) stays, his kingdom is overrun by Tyrranoids, and he has to get Spidey to help again. Repeat forever.

Some guy named Harvey who coincidentally looks exactly like Melvin will wander in and be like "yo i got this" and Melvin will go off to have the best wedding ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey you cockblocking sonuvabitch :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

surely the moloids were doing fine before melvin showed up anyway

they have to get used to him not being around eventually, right?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Manatee Cannon posted:

they have to get used to him not being around eventually, right?

he does have access to the fountain of youth now though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

good point

lead may to the fountain of youth so she's young and physically able to live underground with mole man

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Let's face it, Mole Man not getting to marry Aunt May is such an untwist it makes a Slinky straight, but I'm annoyed that the mechanism is 'Spider-Man talks Melvin into staying and looking after the moloids' instead of 'Melvin decides he can't abandon the moloids'. I mean, wasn't Spidey supporting the marriage not too long ago? I thought it was the colorist who couldn't remember what yesterday's strip was!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Spider-man isn't against the marriage, he's just really pro-slavery.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as a general rule, nsm only makes terrible choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Kurui Reiten posted:

Some guy named Harvey who coincidentally looks exactly like Melvin will wander in and be like "yo i got this" and Melvin will go off to have the best wedding ever.

"Sure, I would love to be king down here! I'm persona non grata on the surface right now. Say, while we're talking, what kind of sexual assault laws does the underworld have?"

• Locked thread