Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NavyBlue
Dec 22, 2013

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Now that I have a job that allows for overtime, am I a Bad Person if I grind isk by literally just working a few extra hours a week and buying plex instead of ratting? ratting is why i quit in the first place but i really want to get back in and do more stealth bomber ratter hunting. one hour of overtime is more than 40 bucks, or over 4bn. much better than the afk ishtar ticks i was getting before i quit.
The other upside is that i was annoyed that i was training skills that i knew i was only going to use for ratting instead of skills i was going to use to actually benefit my corp or have fun with

e. i havnt come out of lurking in like 8 years, why did someone buy me a new pfp and tag line lmao

NavyBlue fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

NavyBlue posted:

Now that I have a job that allows for overtime, am I a Bad Person if I grind isk by literally just working a few extra hours a week and buying plex instead of ratting? ratting is why i quit in the first place but i really want to get back in and do more stealth bomber ratter hunting. one hour of overtime is more than 40 bucks, or over 4bn. much better than the afk ishtar ticks i was getting before i quit.
The other upside is that i was annoyed that i was training skills that i knew i was only going to use for ratting instead of skills i was going to use to actually benefit my corp or have fun with

e. i havnt come out of lurking in like 8 years, why did someone buy me a new pfp and tag line lmao

I mean I don’t rat or mine or do any of that. I plex when needed so I can log in and just do fun poo poo. Easy trade for me.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The only thing I ever really did once I found my niche was go on solo friendly fire rampages in pandemic horde. Though I haven’t played in like months now.

It’s a free activity since all you need is one bling frigate kill to resell and bam you’ve financed dozens of gank destroyers.

Is this still viable?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So I rarely talk in local, but yesterday in my ratting system—there were just blues—people were talking about blingy ratting ships...

And I said, in reference to my blingy Nyx, “I essentially rat with my dick...”

A couple hours later I get a GM notification that someone reported me for “a chat violation” and I was receiving an official warning.

So in other words, a GSF member or the single broader Imperium dude in local filed a ticket and complained because I said ”I essentially rat in my dick,” AND CCP issued me a warning...

A warning I immediately submitted my own escalation ticket about, because, even though I was only officially warned, gently caress that.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
PvE IRL for funds to Eve is in no way shameful.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Micromancer posted:

PvE IRL for funds to Eve is in no way shameful.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Micromancer posted:

If you wait the several months to be capswarm compliant you'll probably have gotten tired of staring through the window watching everyone else eat.

^
This, so much this
Eve is a game, your ships are virtual and none of your crew actually die. Take a risk and fly the poo poo you want to even with crappy skills and gently caress the haters who think you're doing it wrong. If it dies, it dies. Laugh at your loss and move on. There is no shortage of people who will be willing to help you get back into another capital ship if you lose it, as long as they get to laugh a little.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

NavyBlue posted:

Honestly, if your real life budget allows for it, just buy a plex. Ratting is a skullnumbing activity that could be better used doing something fun. Especially if you have limited time to play.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

So I rarely talk in local, but yesterday in my ratting system—there were just blues—people were talking about blingy ratting ships...

A couple hours later I get a GM notification that someone reported me for “a chat violation” and I was receiving an official warning.

So in other words, a GSF member or the single broader Imperium dude in local filed a ticket and complained because I said ”I essentially rat in my dick,” AND CCP issued me a warning...

A warning I immediately submitted my own escalation ticket about, because, even though I was only officially warned, gently caress that.

If you can pinpoint who, you can escalate to innominate (I think?) and report for goonfucking.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

What a little bitch baby. Its too bad logs don't record who is in local, only who talks. This cowardly snitch likely didn't say anything so it would be hard to narrow down who did it.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

What a little bitch baby. Its too bad logs don't record who is in local, only who talks. This cowardly snitch likely didn't say anything so it would be hard to narrow down who did it.

I mean, I don’t even care to get whoever in trouble... it just mystifies the gently caress out of me that anyone would report me for that, let alone someone in the Imperium.

It also mystifies me that CCP “warned” me over it.

As in game chat goes in eve, saying you are flying an e-peen has to be one of the tamer comments types into eve on any given day.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Probably someone ratting in a VNI who's mad about your dank ticks.

Edit: There were some folks who get real salty when you rat in something more expensive than disposable ships.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

NavyBlue posted:

not at all. why on earth would you play a game in a way you're not having fun doing. no sense in wasting your leisure time grinding up in-game currency if that's not fun for you.

plus, people like you are how i can divert industry profits to play for free :sun: we need more people doing this or i can't pay for game time with isk!

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean, I don’t even care to get whoever in trouble... it just mystifies the gently caress out of me that anyone would report me for that, let alone someone in the Imperium.

It also mystifies me that CCP “warned” me over it.

As in game chat goes in eve, saying you are flying an e-peen has to be one of the tamer comments types into eve on any given day.

people are dumb. GM's will act semi-independently and usually if you raise it up to a senior GM, there's at least a modicum of common sense applied.

Also basically if you haven't received at least a warning are you really even playing the game?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Eve's tag line used to be HTFU. :saddowns:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

not at all. why on earth would you play a game in a way you're not having fun doing. no sense in wasting your leisure time grinding up in-game currency if that's not fun for you.

plus, people like you are how i can divert industry profits to play for free :sun: we need more people doing this or i can't pay for game time with isk!

I'm also on board with people buying PLEX with real money. The sort of person who is too lazy to rat is also the same person who is too lazy to list their 1b+ isk ships on the market for a day, and instead sells it directly to me for 800m.

Play EVE for fun and be wasteful! Don't let anyone shame you for buying PLEX with your hard earned real money.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Loky11 posted:

people are dumb. GM's will act semi-independently and usually if you raise it up to a senior GM, there's at least a modicum of common sense applied.

Also basically if you haven't received at least a warning are you really even playing the game?

Yeah, like I said, I escalated just because... when citing the “violation” the GM linked me to the landing page of the EULA, the 3rd party EULA, and about 25 other policies without even suggesting where I might find “saying you are ratting with your ‘dick’ is verbotten.”

Plus, that is just a ridiculous thing to be warned for when I have reported the same person using racial slurs in the global trade chat 4 times over the last 3 months and there that person sits, still spamming racist memes/slurs.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
If anyone has ever seen me talk in alliance about the exploration carriers I fly, and also likes laughing at people on Reddit, I may or may not have made an effort post about it there.

R413
Apr 1, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i have bad news

Yep. I was a terrible poster on goonfleet.
I've also heard that DBRB loves catpics.

R413 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 3, 2019

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
OT to pay for eve is good if you make more irl than in eve, especially if you have a job where ya can just slap a few hours of OT on the end of your shift

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

If anyone has ever seen me talk in alliance about the exploration carriers I fly, and also likes laughing at people on Reddit, I may or may not have made an effort post about it there.
:psyduck:
Exploration carrier? As in you are scanning down data sites and hacking them in a carrier? Do you go for the capital sized wormholes too?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Rutibex posted:

:psyduck:
Exploration carrier? As in you are scanning down data sites and hacking them in a carrier? Do you go for the capital sized wormholes too?

I would love an exploration cruiser that used the carrier drone mechanics.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

reddit finally noticed that 1dq now has a new keepstar grid with two keepstars all wrapped up in faction fortizars so nobody can online a hostile citadel anywhere near them

they are, predictably, somewhat peeved about it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

reddit finally noticed that 1dq now has a new keepstar grid with two keepstars all wrapped up in faction fortizars so nobody can online a hostile citadel anywhere near them

Could a hostile fleet even get to 1dq? I thought all of Delve was protected by cyno jammers. Any invaders would be stopped at the front door.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Could a hostile fleet even get to 1dq? I thought all of Delve was protected by cyno jammers. Any invaders would be stopped at the front door.

ain't no sense in taking chances when we have that many faction fortizars sitting around

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

evilweasel posted:

LOL. Did they think the Dyson sphere was only for show?

Even so, Eve needs more player-created terrain.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

LOL. Did they think the Dyson sphere was only for show?

Even so, Eve needs more player-created terrain.

Like one person out of two hundred figured out that's what the layout did, the rest thought it was just tuzy cheekily stuffing a ludicrous amount of ehp in the system.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

That many structures on grid opens up some interesting tactics. Put those little micro jump structures off the undock and have stukas bounce all over the place. Flood the grid with structure-based fighters. If someone poked hard enough, it could be fun!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

no, cyno jammers would impede our ability to drop titans on every velator that didn't take that left turn in Albuquerque

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no, cyno jammers would impede our ability to drop titans on every velator that didn't take that left turn in Albuquerque

Oh, I thought the system wide ones allowed friendly cynos. Shows what I know!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Oh, I thought the system wide ones allowed friendly cynos. Shows what I know!

also they cost 900m/mo per system to keep online in ihub fees so it's basically throwing money into the toilet for little reason since covert cynos pierce the jammer anyways

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

So you're saying that 1DQ is basically a honeypot for hostile caps?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Ynglaur posted:

I suspect we've blown up more of our own capitals in Delve than hostile ones.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

1dq is the safest place to drop hostile caps actually, because its the one system titans in 1dq can't drop in and must manually warp instead

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

evilweasel posted:

1dq is the safest place to drop hostile caps actually, because its the one system titans in 1dq can't drop in and must manually warp instead

Thats how the last BIG hotdrop I remember happened - the one where Jay lost his Rev - dropped us in 1DQ and bubbled in the direction of the keepstar so anyone warping in would land 200 off.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Okay I'll put more sabers on contract.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Actually, why do we have shield and armor on 1dq? Don't we have enough we could / should split them?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

Actually, why do we have shield and armor on 1dq? Don't we have enough we could / should split them?

Like, the standing fleet? I don't think we have enough people in standing all the time to split safely, without becoming vulnerable to dreadbombs. Various people who want more easy ratting space have repeatedly tried to make "south delve standing" a thing, and the word from On High has always been no.

But for the first half of the GOTG war we sent armor supers north and kept shieldfleet at home.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Klyith posted:

Like, the standing fleet? I don't think we have enough people in standing all the time to split safely, without becoming vulnerable to dreadbombs. Various people who want more easy ratting space have repeatedly tried to make "south delve standing" a thing, and the word from On High has always been no.

But for the first half of the GOTG war we sent armor supers north and kept shieldfleet at home.

Exactly, and it seemed to work well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

Exactly, and it seemed to work well...

It worked great when there's a war on because wars don't last forever and all our dudes get hyped up for weeks by maximum hurf.

Also IIRC the shieldfleet that stayed behind wasn't doing ratter protection standing fleet, they were there for defense ops because NC had staged to poke at our poo poo. Homedef was running subcap fleets, ratters were told they were on their own, and ElitistOps guys were making daily brag posts because they killed another idiot Hel and extracted their dreads.