Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Retro's last original game was Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, which originally came out in 2014, and the only things they've released since are a Switch port of Tropical Freeze and the Prime remaster, for which they had a lot of outside help. I didn't mean to imply they'd been loving around with Prime 4 the whole time.

It's mostly curious because Nintendo is not shy about strongarming dysfunctional studios into producing games - with Retro being one of the more famous examples, even - so I really wonder just what's going on in that studio and why Nintendo's allowed them to spin their wheels for all this time.

retro also developed the mario kart 8 switch dlc tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
A friend of mine who I used to play lots of Harmony of Despair with figured out a glitch in Bloodstained to navigate the main menu after you select a game mode. Pressing A and B at the same time when you select chaos mode, which then lets you select 2 players and start a regular save file. So we played a bit of local co-op through steam remote play

https://streamable.com/j0ts4p

It's obviously really janky as it is. Player 2 can't pick up items, it inherits the same inventory as player 1 when you load the save. But from what little we played, when you save the game it'll only save player 2's inventory. So it's not all that playable besides messing sound for a bit, unless you wanna play through with the special characters. We tried out Zangetsu and Aurora
I'm surprised they went through the effort of putting in online multiplayer in chaos mode but it still feels a little barebones on its own with how inventory and progression works. No real lobby system, just a series of load screens.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Can you explain more about how to set that up? I can't seem to get it to work.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

itskage posted:

Can you explain more about how to set that up? I can't seem to get it to work.

Here you go. It's kinda hard to understand without actually watching it first cause you have to navigate the menus blind
https://streamable.com/1z0i5o

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

The new DLC is underwhelming, and I'm entirely grateful to finally escape Kickstarter pledge purgatory, but the new get-ups for Miriam will make for fun subgenres of speedrun to watch, and I can appreciate that at least.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

HolyKrap posted:

Here you go. It's kinda hard to understand without actually watching it first cause you have to navigate the menus blind
https://streamable.com/1z0i5o

Thanks I was able to get it work!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No Wave posted:

I mean it's obviously delayed. You wouldnt make a webpage (https://hollowknightsilksong.com/) and a trailer in 2019 with the intention of releasing in 2026.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFdqqyI8y4

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Some of the DLC items are really strong. In a run I've been picking at the past week or so, Miriam has been wearing the Japanese DLC chest and upgrading it regularly, and its stats are surprisingly strong compared to anything else I've been finding. Likewise the accessories offer some powerful bonuses.

Funny enough, the weapons are the least interesting fare because they can't use any techniques. Though the scythe is also surprisingly strong if you can get used to its swing arc.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Classic II: Dominique's Curse DLC is coming to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on June 11th!

Greetings, Army of the Night!

Classic II: Dominique's Curse will release on all platforms on Tuesday June 11th!

Launch Time: 8:00am PDT | UTC 15:00 | 16:00 BST | 17:00 CEST | 23:00 HKT | 00:00 JST (12th) | 00:00 KST (12th)

This all new premium DLC mode features the retro gameplay of Classic Mode with a larger map, more enemies and new storyline that begins where Ritual of the Night ends.

Dominique may have been defeated, but she is not finished. Banished to Limbo, she must steal Bael's power if she hopes to escape to the mortal realm and take her revenge!

Explore a massive new map with retro gameplay that takes Classic Mode to a whole new level.

Acquire valuable abilities and artifacts that will add to Dominique's power. Speak to friendly demons to gather clues, but beware the waning moon! When the moon changes, friends become foes.

This new adventure is available for purchase on June 11th.

The new DLC can be purchased from the game's online store. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is required to play Classic II: Dominique's Curse DLC.

More details to come on launch day!

Thank you very much!

The Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Team

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Please just start working on the sequel please

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gologle posted:

They almost certainly are.

I would in fact not be surprised if this DLC is actually a stealth hint at the sequel starring Dominique, considering how much more of a push she's gotten in everything past the original release. Or at very least her being the main villain considering the "take her revenge" framing.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gologle posted:

This seems like the lead up to the sequel

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
That wouldn’t really be much of a twist since she was already the main villain, the big blob monster that came after her was just her plan, not really an agent in the story.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

That wouldn’t really be much of a twist since she was already the main villain, the big blob monster that came after her was just her plan, not really an agent in the story.

That is why I was thinking protagonist instead.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

ImpAtom posted:

That is why I was thinking protagonist instead.

Agreed, yeah. She uses a spear in the 8-bit spin-offs, right? Could have some Lecarde-esque moveset.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Heath posted:

This seems like the lead up to the sequel

I bet the ending of this DLC will tease or announce the sequel. "Dominique will return in Bloodstained: Sacrifice of the Dawn, coming Halloween 2024" or something like that. Maybe a little gameplay trailer as well.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i'm down for Simon's Quest 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it would be neat to see an igavania with an actually very large map. like order of ecclesia if all the different areas were maybe twice as large and the draculas castle part was the size of the bloodstained castle. salt and sanctuary is a pretty mediocre game but it had a huge map