Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

There are at least 7 different designs or this sticker. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mushika posted:

The Houston Museum of Natural Science has an insanely huge and awesome dinosaur exhibit. They have other great exhibits as well, but dinosaurs. Just thought I would shoot that your way.

Noted! I've never been to Texas, but now there are two compelling reasons to go (the other being barbeque, duh)

I'm in San Diego right now and plan to hit up the local Nat this week or next. I;m thinking about thos Bones :hehe:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Don't say barbeque in Texas

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Why not?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You say barbecue or alternatively BBQ

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
in england you say barbequeue

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Noted! I've never been to Texas, but now there are two compelling reasons to go (the other being barbeque, duh)

I'm in San Diego right now and plan to hit up the local Nat this week or next. I;m thinking about thos Bones :hehe:

All the museums in Balboa Park are pretty great. I miss living in walking distance.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Anyone who says B-B-Q should be put onto that rocket they're going to shoot into the sun.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

china bot posted:

:lol:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

china bot posted:

Burnt on the outside, frozen on the inside. Nothing like a good old English barbequeue in the drizzle.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sarcopenia posted:

When I got correctly diagnosed and medicated for bipolar I did a big ol' apology tour for the lovely things I had done while being manic. I was apologizing to a close friend when an aquintance decided that he had to butt in and say that I didn't have to apologise for not being able to control my brain. I reminded him that he had once left me in tears after he had (AGAIN over-)heard me talk about having attempted suicide and decided to berate me for being a sad sack who just needed to get over it and reminded him that I was most likely manic when I had my attempt. Thinking about it I should have told him how super duper suicidal he made me that night.
It baffles me that people don't get that depression is a legit mental illness that can't be controlled by sheer will power.

I wish I could be that person. But when my sister announced to everyone that she had been diagnosed with BPD I just realized -that- was why I had literally zero happy memories of her in my life. There were no apologies and I'd never really get one. Just a childhood of abuse and misery that left me hosed up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I used to go to the Natural History Museum every summer and somehow I've still never seen the whole thing because I would go look at all the dinosaurs, then I'd go look at all the animal dioramas, then I'd be like "oh right I'm at the wrong museum" and I'd go over to the Met and look at all the Egypt stuff which was the reason I'd been like "oh hey I should go to the museum today" in the first place.

Every drat year.

I have no regrets because the dinosaurs are awesome.

Honolulu has two museums that are like, free on sundays or something and they're both pretty awesome. One even has a sort of kid's wing where you can let kids go play around with stuff once they get bored of the exhibits. I just wish I didn't live several hours away from the city so I could actually, you know, go more than once in a blue moon.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Why didn't the English move to any of those places they conquered once it was an option? Why keeps them on Knifecrime Island?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Volcott posted:

Why didn't the English move to any of those places they conquered once it was an option? Why keeps them on Knifecrime Island?

to be close to Her Majesty

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

china bot posted:

thats why you lost the war though

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Volcott posted:

They didn't want to live near any of the people they conquered. They don't seem to even stand being near the Welsh.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

HELLO...AMERICA.

And Australia. And Canada probably too.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Hey, we aren't knife-crime island! In the last few weeks our major cities have moved on... to Moped riding, Machete wielding assholes robbing people in London and Sheffield and similar cities. We are waaaay past knives.

I'M NOT DOING A BIT THIS IS ACTUALLY A THING RIGHT NOW.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

Hey, we aren't knife-crime island! In the last few weeks our major cities have moved on... to Moped riding, Machete wielding assholes robbing people in London and Sheffield and similar cities. We are waaaay past knives.

There was a machete wielding rear end in a top hat on my mates road the other day, can confirm.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

We are waaaay past knives.

All the way to really big knives.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

By pretty much every single metric we live in the safest times.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I know that. I'm not actually worried it's just weird that it's happening. Then again, papers are probably blowing it out of proportion.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

By pretty much every single metric we live in the safest times.

Oh, hi Steve Pinker, I didn't know you were a goon!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, hi Steve Pinker, I didn't know you were a goon!

No idea who that guy is.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I wonder how much of the "essential oils" nonsense is because the phrase means "oils made from the essence of <thing>" but people read it as "necessary oils" (i.e. "essential to my well-being").

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nuebot posted:

I wish I could be that person. But when my sister announced to everyone that she had been diagnosed with BPD I just realized -that- was why I had literally zero happy memories of her in my life. There were no apologies and I'd never really get one. Just a childhood of abuse and misery that left me hosed up.

My girlfriend's sister just did the same thing. I assumed she was just narcissistic but apparently she's now diagnosed BPD. It makes a lot of sense seeing as everything is 100% about her gently caress anyone else. She couldn't afford Amazon Prime because she refuses to get a job so she just used my girlfriend's card to pay for it. When confronted it was "oh poo poo I'm sorry" it was "why did they charge you $100? It's supposed to be $50 for students" thankfully Amazon refunded it with no problems. The next year she switched it from yearly to monthly and hoped that it would go unnoticed and it did for two months. Still no apology there.

She just wants to smoke weed and beg for money on Tumblr all day. Because it's just so hard being a non-binary 24 year old college dropout with no job.

Edit: to bring it back it IOSM she once had a giant meltdown about her mom wanting her to *gasp* do dishes but since she was 22 she could refuse and there was nothing mom could do about it. Well mom found out and cancelled her phone plan. Those tears we're glorious

Edit \/\/\/ Mine self diagnosed as that and just expected me to get over her being abusive because "I have an illness"

Len has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Jun 9, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My ex had BPD. In retrospect it explains a lot.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Len posted:

She just wants to smoke weed and beg for money on Tumblr all day.

Please stop describing my sister.

Every day I beat myself to a pulp over accepting help people want to give me. And she thinks that everything is owed to her if not naturally than through tears or screams.

cosmosisjones
Oct 10, 2012

drat did all those posts really hit close to home on wrt depression. I've had those thoughts rolling around my head for years and there are times that the only reason I never ended it is solely due to what it would do to my family. It's just so hard to break out of that negative thought process cause it just feels like it's self reinforcing. One of the worst things for me is that I feel like no one else should have to deal with my problems because they're my problems and that if I bring it up they just think that I'm being a complainer and stupid, even when I know that's not how they really feel.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

TrekBek posted:

what the heck is tucsongate. mostly i'm just surprised at the implication that something happened in tucson.

https://tucson.com/news/local/stell...impression=true

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BioEnchanted posted:

I know that. I'm not actually worried it's just weird that it's happening. Then again, papers are probably blowing it out of proportion.

Yeah last halloween there was a ton of reports of knife wielding clowns, as far as I know no one was actually attacked by a knife wielding clown.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah last halloween there was a ton of reports of knife wielding clowns, as far as I know no one was actually attacked by a knife wielding clown.

A couple years ago the local high school that got shot up had reports of people doing a clown gathering to terrorize it. My fiance and I were driving by one night and got pulled over by three cops. Dude said, "Are you folks out here hunting clowns? Leave that to us."

loving nuts.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Your😞 good😇❣deeds ✍🏻might 🤷🏻‍♀🤷🏼‍♂seem👀 invisible😑🙈 but☝🏻 they leave✍🏻 a trail🐾🚶🏻‍♂🚶🏼‍♀ that is imprinted 🕹📊🗳🗃on the hearts 💟of others👫👭👬 🍁🌞

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Scathach posted:

A couple years ago the local high school that got shot up had reports of people doing a clown gathering to terrorize it. My fiance and I were driving by one night and got pulled over by three cops. Dude said, "Are you folks out here hunting clowns? Leave that to us."

loving nuts.

Please show me your hunting license. No not that one, that one is for deer. I mean your clown hunting license.

OK, looks valid. Just remember you can only bag 3 clowns per season. Also, the Emmett Kelly herd is endangered so limit your Circus Clowns to Bozo types. All Rodeo Clowns are fair game.

Good hunting, folks!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Your😞 good😇❣deeds ✍🏻might 🤷🏻‍♀🤷🏼‍♂seem👀 invisible😑🙈 but☝🏻 they leave✍🏻 a trail🐾🚶🏻‍♂🚶🏼‍♀ that is imprinted 🕹📊🗳🗃on the hearts 💟of others👫👭👬 🍁🌞

more like the sweetest rhino

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thanks for the pep talk umm... cumdaddy69

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i love you guys so much.

just saying.

it might be the :krad: kebabs im forging in fire but i just wanted y'all to know.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have no regrets because the dinosaurs are awesome.
:same:

Also, there's no shame in being proud of your ancestors :v:

BioEnchanted posted:

Machetes are still a kind of knife :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
My stepmum has been a pharmacist for 25 years or something and has a huge shelf of essential oils. I want to tip that thing every time I walk past it.

I'm just glad she never brought it up as an option to me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

U.T. Raptor posted:

Machetes are still a kind of knife :colbert:

Really more of a short sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Aren't swords just a really big knife