Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait, isn't it literally in the constitution that, if you're born in the US, then you're a citizen?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vulpes Vvardenfell posted:

The Alt-Right is too scared of Postmodernism to attain CHIM.

CHIM irl is money and the right has all the money

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Reclines Obesily posted:

havnt seen a guy* deplatformed go as nuts as this one, probably because the others were griters and it was money that was given to them. i’m convinced the mortgage/loan theory is true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FWH747HBs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1057245269732024320

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

trump is an ethnonationalist fascist and would dearly love to end birthright citizenship and I’m sure kavanaugh would be right there with him

however last year the other 8 sitting justices unanimously struck down a much weaker and simpler citizenship restriction

as bad as Roberts is— and he’s bad, worst court since Taney— he is not going to let this slide.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait, isn't it literally in the constitution that, if you're born in the US, then you're a citizen?

Remember the Oath Keepers? Their Oath was to depose the president if he started giving unconstitutional executive orders. Trump was in office 10 days when he gave his first one, I was keeping count. He fired the Attorney General for telling him not to do it. It would be fun to drag the Oath Keepers, necro their old blog posts all "Hey guys where'd you go? You gave your word!"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Syd Midnight posted:

Remember the Oath Keepers? Their Oath was to depose the president if he started giving unconstitutional executive orders. Trump was in office 10 days when he gave his first one, I was keeping count. He fired the Attorney General for telling him not to do it. It would be fun to drag the Oath Keepers, necro their old blog posts all "Hey guys where'd you go? You gave your word!"

This president is white it's not really that complicated.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I read an ebook about comics in the early 40s and decided to screengrab every cover that depicted a nazi getting punched in the face, I ended up with like 50 of them plus another 20 assorted covers of nazis being strangled, boiled in oil, tossed into the pits of Hell, impaled upon lances etc. I'm dying to post them because there is no greater pleasure than hitting a nazi except maybe hitting a nazi with another nazi

B-Rock452 posted:

yeah but they were afraid to say it, drag them out and make them say it

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It'd be a hell of a way to delegitimize the supreme court if they ruled in favor of an executive order over the constitution.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

trump is an ethnonationalist fascist and would dearly love to end birthright citizenship and I’m sure kavanaugh would be right there with him

however last year the other 8 sitting justices unanimously struck down a much weaker and simpler citizenship restriction

as bad as Roberts is— and he’s bad, worst court since Taney— he is not going to let this slide.

it was 5-4 and Roberts was in the minority :getin:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

B-Rock452 posted:

There was a really funny article about some oathkeeper or similar militia guy who went to Ferguson to 'keep the peace', got harassed by cops for having a gun, came to the realization that if they'd do that to an armed white guy theyre complete poo poo to poor blacks, and got disowned for trying to organize gun rights protests in Ferguson

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

StashAugustine posted:

There was a really funny article about some oathkeeper or similar militia guy who went to Ferguson to 'keep the peace', got harassed by cops for having a gun, came to the realization that if they'd do that to an armed white guy theyre complete poo poo to poor blacks, and got disowned for trying to organize gun rights protests in Ferguson

I remember reading this article, it was really funny because he was baffled that other militia types weren't consistent in demanding civil rights for (black) Americans lmao.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

StashAugustine posted:

If it's the same one I'm remembering, the guy went to Ferguson, didn't get hassled by the cops, but found lots of normal, upstanding black citizens who wanted to peacefully protest, and started trying to organize a black open-carry march to prove to them that well-behaved citizens with guns have nothing to fear from the police. Black people told him this would be suicidal, then the Oathkeepers kicked him out.

It was kind of refreshing to see one of these guys express a genuinely non-racist POV.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Frightening Knight posted:

I remember reading this article, it was really funny because he was baffled that other militia types weren't consistent in demanding civil rights for (black) Americans lmao.

the entire board of the Oathkeepers is ex cops and when they kicked him out their reason was that he was "arming the enemy"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The constitution uses the phrase "natural-born citizen" a lot but doesn't actually define what that means. It's up to the courts to decide.

Historically, over the 200+ years it's been defined by the courts to mean being born on US soil or in a US territory or having at least one US citizen as a parent. But, because it's not actually written into the constitution it's entirely subject to change!

However we just a a court case in 2012 that specifically called out kids born on US soil to non-citizen parents that reaffirmed that yes, they're still citizens. (it was about Obama)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Zikan posted:

it was 5-4 and Roberts was in the minority :getin:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/16-309_h31i.pdf
it was 9-0

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah no I doubt Trump will even end up signing anything to that effect. There's not even the barest fig leaf of constitutionality. Not even a slightly believable lie that conservative judges can cling to. This is just about trying to make the base Mad for the midterms.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

paradoxGentleman posted:

This woman was a mayor candidate for Budrio, a city with almost 20k people:

In case you couldn't tell, the shirt says "Auschwitzland".

Forza Nuova disowned her and someone tattled on her (or the shirt maker) to Disney Europe:

You may also be happy to hear that the event wasn't an unanimous success among the fash, and CasaPound people went as far as call the Forza Nuova fascists "monkeys trained by antifa"

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 17:28 on Oct 30, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. i think they loving destroyed themselves at Charlottesville. they killed a girl and beat up innocent people and did this poo poo in full view of the world. the last year and half have been the further collapse. any of these dipshits that made it to the top were destroyed. none of these fuckers have charisma and the internet destroys fucks like these for fun.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

he might try because he operates in a feedback loop with the base where he says some poo poo, they love it and it encourages him to follow up

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
there‘s alot of spoOoOky stuff going on in australia right now. after 10 years of torture the greater public are turning on offshore concentration camps and its closing is being supported seemingly out of nowhere by the media and some in the conservative party. reports of families being moved off the islands in secret to australia

alt right in the national party being exposed and articles ran against them by right wing murdoch newspapers

im assuming anne coulter and milo didnt get enough ticket sales to make the trip worth it

if gavin is banned from australia then something truly weird is going on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i think they loving destroyed themselves at Charlottesville. they killed a girl and beat up innocent people and did this poo poo in full view of the world. the last year and half have been the further collapse. any of these dipshits that made it to the top were destroyed. none of these fuckers have charisma and the internet destroys fucks like these for fun.

that and they just have zero morals or solidarity

half the twitter bans of the top alt-right people were engineered reporting campaigns by other alt-right people, either to diminish their influence or to get them to shift their operation to voat or gab

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

that and they just have zero morals or solidarity

half the twitter bans of the top alt-right people were engineered reporting campaigns by other alt-right people, either to diminish their influence or to get them to shift their operation to voat or gab

nowhere is this more clear than youtube, theyre in a constant fight over dwindling views and are exposing, doxxing and doing hit pieces on each other

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reclines Obesily posted:

nowhere is this more clear than youtube, theyre in a constant fight over dwindling views and are exposing, doxxing and doing hit pieces on each other

it's hilarious and it's extremely like that it's the reason why there's like a half dozen full years-long discord logs for these groups getting leaked every week

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TRUP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wrong threado

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Vulpes Vvardenfell posted:

The Alt-Right is too scared of Postmodernism to attain CHIM CHIN

fixed that for u

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

wrong threado

:sad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the boot nazis appear to be on the wane but the suit nazis are stronger than ever

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

no one actually cares about the constitution.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

tbh, although I didn’t say anything at the time, imo the “direct action” or whatever people were doing seemed like part of the meltdown. probably did whoever was threatened with a gun in the bathroom a disservice tbh
that goon who was threatened posted in here and said he appreciated the effort so i wouldn't be too hasty

but eye on the prize here. and that's nazis slipping on banana peels

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

thought you were talking about this

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/17/603160263/supreme-court-strikes-down-part-of-immigration-law

my bad

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Reclines Obesily posted:

Coming over here, taking our Worst Racists in the Anglosphere jobs

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Gorsuch voted with the liberals on that one (not super surprising if you know his jurisprudence since he has a more expansive view of due process than the rest of the conservatives) so even if it came up again the outcome wouldn’t change.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that goon who was threatened posted in here and said he appreciated the effort so i wouldn't be too hasty

but eye on the prize here. and that's nazis slipping on banana peels

that was probably a sockpuppet acct tbh, martin random has a history

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Reclines Obesily posted:

there‘s alot of spoOoOky stuff going on in australia right now. after 10 years of torture the greater public are turning on offshore concentration camps and its closing is being supported seemingly out of nowhere by the media and some in the conservative party. reports of families being moved off the islands in secret to australia

alt right in the national party being exposed and articles ran against them by right wing murdoch newspapers

im assuming anne coulter and milo didnt get enough ticket sales to make the trip worth it

Rupert Murdoch is getting old and his children are slightly less terrible? I seem to remember that's the reason that something was finally done about the culture of sexual harassment at Fox.

Or maybe they've just decided that with younger people leaning leftward, they need to follow the money away from the alt-right.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1057325131398287361

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i don't get it. just looks like a sheriff's star

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1057336135138115585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

pookel posted:

Or maybe they've just decided that with younger people leaning leftward, they need to follow the money away from the alt-right.

When in doubt, go with the money.