Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Seeing this thread title change just when our own Jeff posted the State of the Forums announcement threw me for a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

SpartanIvy posted:

How do we feel about Geoffs?

I've known 7 or 8 Geoffs in my life and every single one of them was the quintessential dudebro.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The only Jeff I know is cool as hell but we don't work together. He's a project manager at another company :shrug:

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003
There are a few Jeff’s at my company. Most of the one’s I’ve meet have been cool. Except for one. That Jeff suuuuuuuuuccckkkks. He is a director in accounting that has no idea what his job is or how to do it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

SpartanIvy posted:

How do we feel about Geoffs?

Fꭣck Geoff.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I have a great Jeff the wider program team, chalk me up for Pro-Jeff.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
We got so many Mikes at my company it’s nuts.

Other company names of places I have worked with multiples were Daves and even Kevins for some reason

Wilson is also coming up the name number ranks.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

My name twin joined the company a few months ago and now I have to clarify which outlook address is the intended recipient whenever I cc myself on emails. Takes 2 seconds and I get annoyed every time.

My greatest enemy is myself.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My team has two people with the same last name and first initial. I told them to get their teams avs setup because otherwise I can’t tell them apart!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Democratic Pirate posted:

My name twin joined the company a few months ago and now I have to clarify which outlook address is the intended recipient whenever I cc myself on emails. Takes 2 seconds and I get annoyed every time.

My greatest enemy is myself.

Ask them to assign you democratic.pirate420/pirated69/however y'all do it, but with the funny number, then you'll have a stupid joke between you and yourself

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

priznat posted:

Other company names of places I have worked with multiples were Daves and even Kevins for some reason

Wilson is also coming up the name number ranks.

At one point my team had a Zack, Zach, and Zac

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Jeff is a state of mind.

For name chat, my team+related teams (e.g., our QA team, maintenance team, groups we have to work closely with but not us) have three Franks and a Franck. Cross-functional meetings can be a bit odd. We do a lot of last name callouts in those, and someone who didn't understand why we were doing it expressed concern that the meeting lead was being rude by addressing everyone by their last names. It was the most in-sync I've ever seen a joke response go, honestly - the meeting host immediately said "Frank?" and four people said "Yes?" in unison.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sundae posted:

Jeff is a state of mind.

For name chat, my team+related teams (e.g., our QA team, maintenance team, groups we have to work closely with but not us) have three Franks and a Franck. Cross-functional meetings can be a bit odd. We do a lot of last name callouts in those, and someone who didn't understand why we were doing it expressed concern that the meeting lead was being rude by addressing everyone by their last names. It was the most in-sync I've ever seen a joke response go, honestly - the meeting host immediately said "Frank?" and four people said "Yes?" in unison.
lmao but also
Whhuuuuut?

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

All this "Jeff" name calling is incredibly offensive and I'd like you all to stop. It is in the same vein as insults like "Karen", "Boomer", and "Cis". I have dozens of Jeff friends, all of whom have become radicalized Nazis due to your statements and I've already asked Elon Musk to look into this on their behalf.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

To add to my previous email - I think we can agree that people called Jeff are the most put-upon minorities on these forums, so please do something nice to a goon called Jeff over the next week. Jeff lives matter.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
get a load of this Jeff

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

lmao but also

Whhuuuuut?

He's Swiss.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Tomfoolery posted:

To add to my previous email - I think we can agree that people called Jeff are the most put-upon minorities on these forums, so please do something nice to a goon called Jeff over the next week. Jeff lives matter.

mods rename this man “Jefffoolery”

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Tomfoolery posted:

I already gave him :10bux:, what more does he want? :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sundae posted:

He's Swiss.

that's not clearing up whether he's a fronk, a fraink, or something bizarre like frannk or even froenk

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

priznat posted:

Oh man my wife wanted to name our first kid Michael and I objected based off of how common it was. She had 0 Michaels in her 140 kid daycare but I can easily name a dozen mikes in my business unit. That included 2 Mikes as both supervisors for the same ~15 person team which in itself had another Mike.

Anyway we compromised by letting her have her way.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Extra credit goes to Mike Hunt, who refused to go by Michael.

Double extra credit to the Mike with the same last name as the region he was in charge of.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Renegret posted:

Parenting Thread: Anyway we compromised by letting her have her way.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Nybble posted:

“Jefffoolery”

Saving this one for the next bitch fest on the mod forum

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Renegret posted:

Double extra credit to the Mike with the same last name as the region he was in charge of.

Oh hey, you also worked with Mike China, Hong Kong, and Macau?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Renegret posted:

Mike Europe excluding Scandinavia and UK

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Renegret posted:

Mike SoutheastAsia

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Mike Earth

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Trabant posted:

Oh hey, you also worked with Mike China, Hong Kong, and Macau?

I mean if you ask him he preferred to go by Mike People's Republic of China.

Or Mike C. for short

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mike Caribbean

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
Mike Milky Way

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Y'all are thinking too big.

Say hi to Mike Walgreen for me.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
My boards finance committee is Steve, Stephen, Steven, and Jeff.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

My boards finance committee is Steve, Stephen, Steven, and Jeff.

My brain auto-parsed that to Steff and I had to re-read. Weird.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Renegret posted:

Oh man my wife wanted to name our first kid Michael and I objected based off of how common it was. She had 0 Michaels in her 140 kid daycare but I can easily name a dozen mikes in my business unit. That included 2 Mikes as both supervisors for the same ~15 person team which in itself had another Mike.

We have multiple Mikes with the same last initial even!! lol

quote:

I can relate :hmmyes:

Unrelated, earlier this week had a couple real learning experiences about managing junior folks and how I should NOT take for granted they know what to do despite them saying they do and to follow up often. I often reflect on the pain and suffering I must have inflicted on my managers when I was junior because I'm sure I unwittingly did a ton of the same stuff, lol.

My other favourite was how guy was running a suite of tests and I asked him how it's going and he was like good, it should be done in a day and I'm like cool. Get the results and it was the first 2 passed and EVERYTHING ELSE FAILED WHY DIDNT YOU TELL MEE AAAAAAA. oh well live and learn

I'm just screaming inwardly while using very nonjudgemental language externally

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Mike EMEA and Mike APAC do not get along.

This is Jeff's fault.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Mike Moon is just biding his time

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
LinkedIn says "600+ "Mike Moon" profiles". We should pick one and all go visit him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Michael was far and away the #1 boys' name in the US for like 20 years, right around the age most of us are. I went through my yearbook and counted once, drat near 20% of the ~160 guys in my (extremely white and middle/upper class) graduating class were Mikes. And almost 30% of the girls were Jess or Jen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Arquinsiel posted:

LinkedIn says "600+ "Mike Moon" profiles". We should pick one and all go visit him.

Mike Kepler-186f