Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thundarr posted:

Found on Jenova. I wish I was this prepared for Samurai to be released (or this good at making outfits in general).

The head is obvious, but what's the rest of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

monk pvp set

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Bad news.

The Tactics Alexander video *was* this year's April Fool's goof. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001990.html

Not to say that I'm disappointed that it wasn't a real thing, rather, it's a step down from last year's ChocoGo one.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

check out my Youtube posted:

The only people doing the Midan fights are people who are either rushing through to get to the Alexandrian section (and will only do each fight once and never again) or people doing the brute justice fight to get a 230 weapon. I can't imagine either group of people is concerned with token drops but who knows? Dummies will roll on anything they're allowed to need roll on. vOv is right though and the queue times will probably be pretty bad.

Your best bet is to just get a premade group to take on each fight a couple times and let you take all the tokens. The fights are so easy at current gear level I doubt you'd even need the full 8 people and if you make good time you could probably get your full set in under an hour.

You do still need 8 people, unfortunately. You aren't allowed to undersize any of the HW duties.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Bad news.

The Tactics Alexander video *was* this year's April Fool's goof. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001990.html

Not to say that I'm disappointed that it wasn't a real thing, rather, it's a step down from last year's ChocoGo one.

I'm not disappointed though... that video is one of my favorite things to come out of Heavensward. v:shobon:v ChocoGo didn't thrill me as much as this.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Brainamp posted:

The head is obvious, but what's the rest of it?

It was vath head and boots, Hawkliege chest and gloves, and the plain long skirt.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thundarr posted:

Found on Jenova. I wish I was this prepared for Samurai to be released (or this good at making outfits in general).

Who are you on Jenova?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

dreffen posted:

Who are you on Jenova?

On Jenova I'm S'sonjha Khei.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

World War Mammories posted:

There are even wackos who play with a controller on PC, and they do just as well as anybody else, despite being abominations unto God and man

I've been trying to come up with a good setup for the steam controller since I started playing most of the community ones stink.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sixfools posted:

I've been trying to come up with a good setup for the steam controller since I started playing most of the community ones stink.
I think you're better off using a DS4, you really need an actual dpad to make the cross hotbars work.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

WrightOfWay posted:

You do still need 8 people, unfortunately. You aren't allowed to undersize any of the HW duties.

Oh oops. I didn't know this.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Probably not until shortly before or after the expansion comes out.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

So is there any option at all for actually getting to try Alexander Savage that isn't 'get together a group myself?'

The people I play with aren't overly interested in it and it seems like literally everyone else will dodge the second they see the new player bonus thing pop up which seems to defeat the point of doing it in duty finder anyway.

Which FC are you in? You might have luck just hollering in there. Otherwise, pf learning parties are really not going to go very far, but it'll let you get comfortable with individual mechanics while secure in the assurance that you're nowhere near the worst player in the party.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/62qpdo/leaked_changelog_for_final_fantasy_xiv_patch_401/

April Fool's fake update notes.

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

A friend is having an issue on PS4 where FFXIV is installed and up-to-date (she just played the other day) but now whenever she tries to start the game, it's trying to download ARR 2.0. Anyone heard of this or know of any solutions? Would prefer to not re-download it if it could be helped due to data caps, but this has me stumped and I can't seem to find any other reports of this happening.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Bah, too obvious. Not enough 'We have addressed an issue wherein...'

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

quote:

Black Mage:
Black Mages that complete an entire instanced dungeon using only ice spells will now cause the game to uninstall.
If only.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So people like to talk about how the Diabolos fight in Dun Scaith is extremely anime. This is true, but "Nest Side Story" (the Vanu Vanu quest that gives you Sworn reputation) leaves it behind in the dust. The whole Vanu Vanu storyline has been ridiculously anime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

So people like to talk about how the Diabolos fight in Dun Scaith is extremely anime. This is true, but "Nest Side Story" (the Vanu Vanu quest that gives you Sworn reputation) leaves it behind in the dust. The whole Vanu Vanu storyline has been ridiculously anime.

More anime than having a giant magical beam duel against a super demon before he absorbs a scantly-clad girl who looks like 12 to become a super saiyan demon? That's a hell of a claim and now I want to see this quest.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:(

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

More anime than having a giant magical beam duel against a super demon before he absorbs a scantly-clad girl who looks like 12 to become a super saiyan demon? That's a hell of a claim and now I want to see this quest.

I mean, to be fair it's a very different subgenre of anime, but yes, I'll stand by that claim. You unleash the power of friendship to join with your friends in a giant synchronized dance fight to defeat the enemy and dance so passionately that you literally burst into flame.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZNNakvCl0

Took a bit to find one that wasn't a woman, cause the female sundrop dance is weak like wilted leaf after summer drought.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm still annoyed females don't get the good sundrop dance. Really made that scene feel weak.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Brainamp posted:

I'm still annoyed females don't get the good sundrop dance. Really made that scene feel weak.

I think the haka dances it's based off of are like that too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Took a bit to find one that wasn't a woman, cause the female sundrop dance is weak like wilted leaf after summer drought.

That is glorious. :allears:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This quest is... powerful. :stare:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

vOv posted:

I think the haka dances it's based off of are like that too.

They are. Doesn't make it good.

Just cause it's accurate doesn't make it fun.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The quest you get for all HW beast tribes at max rank is also total 'power of friendship' anime bullshit and as a bonus you get to see lots of dancing moogles, dragons, vanu, and gnath everywhere. :3:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think what sets the Diabolos fight apart is that you, the player, get to do it. The Vanu thing is just a cutscene. A great cutscene with a great reward, but it still isn't you, it's just your avatar. Against Diabolos it's you doing your rotation, doing mechanics, etc., and that just feels inherently cooler.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

jalapeno_dude posted:

Nest Side Story is great, but the CUL 60 quest (The Spirit of Hospitality) is even more anime still. Albeit in yet another subgenre.

If you've ever watched a cooking anime you can probably guess what happens.

And then there's Friends Forever, the finale of the combined 2.0 beast tribe quests. You aren't playing right if you haven't done that yet.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Guys, guys...there' enough animes in this game for everyone.

Just give your spirit energy to YoshiP so he can make continue to provide us more and for Hildebrand to continue his adventures.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

jalapeno_dude posted:

I still think that the SMN 30-50 questline is the most anime thing in the game. But it's been a while since i've seen those cutscenes so I might be wrong.

I remember the first few Scholasticate quests being extremely anime.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Winning the Jumbo Cactpot with all 4 numbers will now award a random item level 290 weapon with random stats."

This one gave me a good chuckle.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/848340275810488320

please be real

spidergoats
May 20, 2001

John Cena coming to Eorzea.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

igtenos55 posted:

A friend is having an issue on PS4 where FFXIV is installed and up-to-date (she just played the other day) but now whenever she tries to start the game, it's trying to download ARR 2.0. Anyone heard of this or know of any solutions? Would prefer to not re-download it if it could be helped due to data caps, but this has me stumped and I can't seem to find any other reports of this happening.

I have a friend on PC that's in the same boat. Played yesterday, started downloading from scratch today.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Does anyone have some BLM specific tips for Sophia? I feel ok enough about surviving the mechanics, but my ability to deal consistent damage really suffers I feel because I occasionally drop enochian and I have no idea when the right times to drop raging strikes/ley lines are.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

I always wondered what it would be like if Godbert Manderville was a professional wrestler.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Is real. FFXIV sponsoring tonight's NXT, just had a guy I know who watches wrestling ask if it was any good.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a website that has BIS for 3.56? Everything I google is telling me about 3.4 or even as far back as 3.2 as the top results. None of these seem to be aware that proto ultima accessories are a thing and don't take in welfare diadem gear

• Locked thread