Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Floor 100 of Palace of the Dead is possibly easier than the 8000 Ocean Fishing score, though it will necessarily take longer on average even assuming fast queues and/or a group that sticks with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I would advise using Party Finder for PotD -- in general, but right now I suspect it'll be especially easy to find a group diving to 100.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

quiggy posted:

Calling it now we're getting another stack of Acceleration, another finisher spell, and Veresuna.

Veresuna would be acceptable but if we're getting another support spell I'm hoping for Vercure III.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Wrong, Red Mage is getting the ultimate support spell.

Verdismantle.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Scorch 2 or something for red mages.

I'm assuming most of the new skills any class gets are primarily going to be upgraded versions of ones we already have and not much in the way of New buttons.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Verreassemble + Verdrill

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Verrescue.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Verstab

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Red Mage should get Verultima

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

aers posted:

here's a bunch of stuff from the benchmark related primarily to traits since the exe is required to handle this stuff. enjoy getting mad or whatever. it is likely at least one of these has changed before release.

drg - life of the dragon is 20s

wondering about this one. it already is 20 seconds, then a trait increases it to 30s. but drg is getting a rework, as I recall? so I guess this doesn't mean anything since there's gonna be a big bunch of changes (and now I'll have to relearn it :argh:)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

BisbyWorl posted:

Verrescue.

Can only be used within one gcd of using Displacement.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Corps-a-Corps upgrades into Verprimalrend

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Really rub salt in the wounds of samurai mains with Verkaiten.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Red Mage should get Verultima

poo poo, Black Mages can't even get regular Ultima yet.

I wonder if they ever will. I mean, the Garleans were able to make an "Optimized Ultima" that doesn't cause such unintended devastation, so surely the WoL can whip up a usable version.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
BLM casts Ultima and put the raid on a 2 minute timer before it obliterates the entire area.

Alternatively BLM casts Ultima and it's the 10 second long FF6 version with the hum. :3:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I would advise using Party Finder for PotD -- in general, but right now I suspect it'll be especially easy to find a group diving to 100.

I left queue while I did other poo poo for an hour and got to 2/4 for potd I was up to floor 40 and only wanted to get to 50. kinda sucked.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you've got some aetherpool and a tank job you can solo to 100 easily. It just takes hours to do.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Asking people to do 100 floors of PotD during the current DDoS event sure is a choice :getin:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The DDoS has been really annoying: several disconnects while helping some FC mates through P12S yesterday and last friday we cancelled UWU reclears because going 10 minutes into a fight and dying due to DCs is not fun.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tekopo posted:

The DDoS has been really annoying: several disconnects while helping some FC mates through P12S yesterday and last friday we cancelled UWU reclears because going 10 minutes into a fight and dying due to DCs is not fun.

Jesus, it's still going on?
I've been out of town for the past couple weeks, so I haven't been home to try to play anyways, but I didn't realize it was still ongoing.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yep, hasn't relented since it started. EU DCs are still both affected.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

On the other hand, it is extremely funny when you hit a lagspike and the game doesn't acknowledge your GCDs anymore, since you can, for example, repeatedly hit Fell Cleave over and over and the animation will keep playing each time, allowing me to have the peak WAR experience.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

wondering about this one. it already is 20 seconds, then a trait increases it to 30s. but drg is getting a rework, as I recall? so I guess this doesn't mean anything since there's gonna be a big bunch of changes (and now I'll have to relearn it :argh:)

right, sorry, the idea would be the trait is now gone - which might be part of the rework. they could be making the base 30 seconds which isnt possible to exe datamine

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So odd anybody would ddos the game at this specific point in time instead of expac launch

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr. Neutron posted:

So odd anybody would ddos the game at this specific point in time instead of expac launch

They want to play Dawntrail

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DDOS on NA has not felt as bad as it did in the first few days. I've still had the occasional hiccup or dc, but i've mostly been able to do my roulettes and idle in town un-interrupted, unlike the first day or so where I was experiencing constant DCs.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Have they figured out why the game is getting ddos'd yet

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah, it's only affecting the terminal cases that are still playing the game for whatever reason

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Have they figured out why the game is getting ddos'd yet

seems hard to do without catching the culprit

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got Storm Captain rank!

Proceeded to buy 3 of those boxes. One gave me a loving Bom Boko minion, which I've gotten like 20 times from retainer commissions lol.

The other two I at least didn't have, but I'm pretty sure they're cheap on the MB (some owl and a Namazu - I thought I already had the latter, but apparently not).

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Make sure you walk around the Mist housing area and get saluted by the guards

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

Got Storm Captain rank!

Proceeded to buy 3 of those boxes. One gave me a loving Bom Boko minion, which I've gotten like 20 times from retainer commissions lol.

The other two I at least didn't have, but I'm pretty sure they're cheap on the MB (some owl and a Namazu - I thought I already had the latter, but apparently not).

It's worth noting that virtually everything you can get from those boxes will sell at best for a couple thousand gil on the MB, with most not even breaking 500g. The only exceptions are a few of the Eureka drops that go for millions. So, like most lotteries.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

aers posted:

right, sorry, the idea would be the trait is now gone - which might be part of the rework. they could be making the base 30 seconds which isnt possible to exe datamine

roger, thank you

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Thundarr posted:

It's worth noting that virtually everything you can get from those boxes will sell at best for a couple thousand gil on the MB, with most not even breaking 500g. The only exceptions are a few of the Eureka drops that go for millions. So, like most lotteries.

I put them into my FC chest so people who don't know it can get a free minion :)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I left queue while I did other poo poo for an hour and got to 2/4 for potd I was up to floor 40 and only wanted to get to 50. kinda sucked.
Party Finder may help with getting you through 50 as well but you'll have to start from floor 1 again. With people looking for clears to 100, you may find some people that would help you get to 50 or even stick with you for the full clear to 100.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If you change GC I'm guessing you start the grind from the beginning?

One nice thing about the Squadron missions is that they do save a non-trivial amount of money with those tickets that reduce aetherite costs (which get a little steep when I'm going to Sea of Stars places for tribal quests each day).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

One nice thing about the Squadron missions is that they do save a non-trivial amount of money with those tickets that reduce aetherite costs (which get a little steep when I'm going to Sea of Stars places for tribal quests each day).

Yes, but it will remember your rank so if you change back to your old GC again you can pick up from where you were.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

You have to re-earn all the ranks. That can be done very quickly, though. The squadron members keep their level- you just have to re-do the flagged missions for promotions.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Got Storm Captain rank!

All the lootbox rewards are available on the MB. When they were first released you had a decent chance of getting a semi-valuable minion but now the price of everything apart from the super-rare ones has been pushed down by the supply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you want a breakdown of your odds with the GC lootboxes have I got a spreadsheet for you

Gatcha Odds

tldr; the Eureka mounts have about a 0.12% chance of dropping from each of the 4.0 boxes. Your odds of getting them from Eureka itself are also terrible.