Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Weeaboo Warriors, Bolter Bitches, and Brotherhood of the Used Tampon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, psychic powers also seem have been a little over-corrected to me. It seems a shame if common disciplines like Biomancy have gone and it's all just 3 x 'meh powers per faction.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah, psychic powers also seem have been a little over-corrected to me. It seems a shame if common disciplines like Biomancy have gone and it's all just 3 x 'meh powers per faction.

If it is like AoS, each caster or caster type will have a unique power. In AoS your average wizard has 3-4 spells including the basic attack and defense ones.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I don't speak enough German to do translations, but I can give a few pointers:

Sturm = Assault
Schwer = Heavy

Waaagh! Friendly units of ork infantry within 6" of this model at the start of the charge phase can charge even if they advanced this turn

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

chutche2 posted:

I'm glad HH is still using 7th because mechanized lists just don't seem point competitive anymore. Tanks have more firepower because of the TL change, but are no more durable against AT guns than before and cost 50-100+% more. Yeah they can't be stunned but die just as easy and I don't think stun immunity is worth doubling prices.

They also can't get one-shot exploded, or immobilized, and guns can't get blown off, and so far it looks like almost everything got more expensive.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It makes a tiny bit of sense to leave off all wargear. A Predator trading in its Autocannon for a TL-Lascannon would expect a different price than a Razorback trading in it's Heavy Bolters for a TL-Lascannon. By making you have to buy every weapon there's no cost differentials to worry about. For models like the Land Raider which have no options, it would be awkward for half of them to have bespoke points costs and the other half to have set points costs.

I'm OK with this just because it's consistent across the board. It's a little more math, at least until the second time you build a list and have the costs memorized, but at least it's predictable and you don't have to think about whether the guns are included on a given unit or not. Admittedly it's kinda stupid for units that can't change out gear, but like everyone has said, I'll be using BattleScribe 100% of the time anyway, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Imgur Link

Someone who speaks German please translate.

Seems odd that the actual Names of the Ork stuff are in English, it's a 'Battlewagon' not a, what would it be? 'Kamfwagen' I guess.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

chutche2 posted:

I'm glad HH is still using 7th because mechanized lists just don't seem point competitive anymore. Tanks have more firepower because of the TL change, but are no more durable against AT guns than before and cost 50-100+% more. Yeah they can't be stunned but die just as easy and I don't think stun immunity is worth doubling prices.

lol these are the words of someone who never had a dreadnought get immobilized turn 1 facing the wrong direction

gently caress 7th edition

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Deptfordx posted:

Seems odd that the actual Names of the Ork stuff are in English, it's a 'Battlewagon' not a, what would it be? 'Kamfwagen' I guess.

Copyright?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Nah, they just have a policy that unit names aren't translated, it's been that way for 5 years or so.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh god I have a deff dread. I hadn't even considered it being remotely usable.

At this point I've unpacked my warboss and I wanna krump people with him. I will settle for a mediocre game with working green pieces at this point

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Yes. It's because they're trying to make them all defendable proper Nouns, as opposed to a 'name'. (Capitalisation intended.) In some contexts, even doing the translation can be argued that it's 'just a name' versus a 'Name' so they might actively decide not to.

Also, I think y'all are crazy. This is exactly how the big change from 2nd to 3rd went, only we didn't have the Internet echo chambering you into a furore. Of course the early points system is going to be a mess, of course there's going to be some over/under costed things with the Core book rules. The trial for the costing system will be two things:

1. The quality of the first Codex to come out.
2. The length of time it takes for the last armies to get their Codex, (Looking at you, Sisters of Battle) and thus, how long they have to suffer without one.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Did someone say they wanted to see the Exorcist?

R48" Heavy D6 S8 AP-4 D3 Dam

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
It seems like making all the equipment modular means they can change things more easily down the road, including allowing things that can't currently change their equipment to change it, or things that cost zero can cost points if there's found to be a balance issue, without invalidating all the data sheets. I'm kind of a newbie though but this also seems way cleaner than "may select one weapon from the blah blah blah list", just give me a list of the drat equipment I can choose for this unit in one place.

Of course I started on BattleTech back in the day so the equipment charts I'm seeing here don't phase me at all.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Apparently primaris keyword aren't allowed in drop pods, boooo.

There goes my bigmarine drop pod support for IG idea, wonder if deathwatch can still teleport in.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Give it a month and we'll have bigmarine drop pods. I'm sure we'll be seeing the range steadily grow over the next few years too until they have everything covered.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
3plusplus has the Sisters of Battle Codex up in photo form
http://www.3plusplus.net/2017/05/sisters-battle-8th-edition-spoilers/

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Fuegan posted:

There are a few knocking about but it's on a big list of "take with a pinch of salt". The one I want most to be true is the rule that Carnifexes don't degrade as they take wounds :unsmigghh:

And 67 points base, 87 points with Scything Talons that allow re-rolls To-Hit of 1, if the leaks hold true :getin:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

>old one eye: 10w r7
>ws3+, gives +1 to hit on carnifices within 6
>his charge does d3 mortal wounds on a 4+ instead of 1
>each attack that hits generate another attack to resolve with the same weapon against the same target
>140pts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'll get on translating some of the German Ork stuff. First day of summer, so I'm not teaching anyone poo poo unless it's about Bloodborne or 8th ed.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Knockin' 'Eadz: When within 3" of a friendly clan, you can have your Warboss deal D3 mortal wounds after a unit has failed a Morale/Leadership check. They auto-pass.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 30, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

And 67 points base, 87 points with Scything Talons that allow re-rolls To-Hit of 1, if the leaks hold true :getin:

If they are 87pts, 3 of them (lets say) and OOE run just a hair over 400pts and they should utterly wreck face.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Today's update is on army building and points costs: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/30/new-warhammer-40000-choosing-your-army-may30gw-homepage-post-4/

Confirms that you buy all the weapons for units separately and that vehicles cost a lot more now

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Weren't people ITT complaining games are too big and they needed to have an across the board point hike to counteract that?

susan
Jan 14, 2013
On the subject of Army Builders: my understanding is that the rules/point costs of units will be public now; this means that there will be decent online Army Builders, right?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

Weren't people ITT complaining games are too big and they needed to have an across the board point hike to counteract that?

none of this is as big a deal as people are making it out to be and 8th edition is still looking much, much better than 7th

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

susan posted:

On the subject of Army Builders: my understanding is that the rules/point costs of units will be public now; this means that there will be decent online Army Builders, right?

Point costs will be in the indexes. Codexes when those start hitting. That's how they getcha.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Stompa weapons:

Supa-Grotrokkit: May fire only once per turn, one use only.

Deffkannon: 2D6 against clusters of models 20+ strong.

Mega-Choppa: 2 modes, and the "Hacking" mode lets you roll 3(!) dice instead of 1 per attack. Horde clearing! :orks101:

e: Explosion!: On a 6 when it dies, every unit within 2D6" takes D6 Mortal Wounds.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

susan posted:

ffs there is already a decent online army builder

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The current mood swing confuses me. What exactly is wrong with points at the moment? Why did 8E suddenly become poo poo? Not defending what we've seen, I just don't get it. Please let me know if I need to stop being hyped too!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Ayn Marx posted:

The current mood swing confuses me. What exactly is wrong with points at the moment? Why did 8E suddenly become poo poo? Not defending what we've seen, I just don't get it. Please let me know if I need to stop being hyped too!

Nerds don't like change.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

They layout is bad like indefensibly bad but I feel like if this is the worst thing 8th is gonna own.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Bigga and Stompier!: Same super-heavy rule. It can fall back and still shoot, move, and charge, but it has to fall back more than 1" from enemies. It can also waltz right over enemy infantry to do so. It only gets bonus cover when it's 50% obscured.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Psycho-Dakka-Blasta: You can fire this weapon more than once in the shooting phase. Roll a D6 after firing the 2nd time. On a 2+, fire away; on a 1, you're out of ammo for the rest of the game. Fire a 3rd time, you need a 5+ to avoid running out of ammo.

God-altar: Any friendly Ork units within 6" can re-roll failed Morale tests.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

RagnarokAngel posted:

They layout is bad like indefensibly bad but I feel like if this is the worst thing 8th is gonna own.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Did someone post the tyranid points values leak yet?
http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/post/899452

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ayn Marx posted:

Nothing. Some people are being colossal babies about having to add up points for standard wargear on models instead of just when swapping in something else.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
God forbid anyone have a different opinion.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
God drat it, I just want to know if they combined Cult Mech and Skitarii into once force, and if I can take other armies transports (without paying tax. that's dumb, we make all the goddamn tanks, lets just keep some.)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

For_Great_Justice posted:

God forbid anyone have a different opinion.

I'm seeing many different opinions in here.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
People are already submitting pull requests to the 40k battlescribe maintainers for 8th edition.

I would not be surprised to see a bunch of it up and running in a week.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TheChirurgeon posted:

Did someone post the tyranid points values leak yet?
http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/post/899452

Remirrored here
http://imgur.com/a/cf71h

Also

quote:

Stranglethorn Cannon does d6 shots. for every 10 models in a unit, the wielder gets +1 to hit. range 36"; S 7; AP -1; D 2

Heavy Venom Cannon: range 36"; D3 shots *if i remember right* S 9; AP -2; D d3

Adrenal glands add 1 to advance and charge range. Toxin sacs: rolls of 6 make 2d

Rupture Cannon: S 10; AP -1; D d3; heavy 2. If it hits with both shots, they get AP -4; D d6. And if Tyrannofex stands still, all his weapons can fire twice

Tyrannofex has T 8; 14 or 16 W

Tyrannocyte can transport 20 infantry models or 1 monstrous Creature with max 14 wounds

Zoanthropes: Warp Blast has become a special rule that makes smite spell do d3 additional mortal wounds *looks like all psykers have smite* Neurothrope makes zoanthropes regain d3 wounds when they kill with smite. Zoanthropes also cost 40 points now. if the unit is 4+ models, they can cast 2 psychic powers

Maleceptor has T8; 14 wounds; armor save 3+. You can chose to use its own psychic power and it targets a number of enemy units depending on how many wounds it still has. Roll 1 dice for the enemy units: on a 1 nothing happens. on a roll of 2+ the enemy unit suffers a mortal wound

Trygon: T 6; 14 W; movement 8

Toxicrene: T 8; 14 W; 3+ armor save. One ability it has makes you roll a d6 for every enemy model within 1 inch. on a roll of 6, the enemy suffers a mortal wound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Battlewagon

Same Explosion rule as the Stompa

The melee weapons allow the Wagon to attack a different number of times: 3x at +1S AP-1 d1, once at S:User AP-3 d6, and the Deffrolla on the bottom adds 3 attacks with the profile of S:User, AP-2, and d1.

Mobile Fortress: It ignores the Heavy weapon restriction. It can take 'Ardcase to lose Open-topped, but gains +1T to T8.

The big chunk of rules at the bottom right is missing too much due to blur, glare, and tilt to make out anything :effort:

• Locked thread