Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Today is my 10-year anniversary not just as a Something Awful goon but also as an SA Mafia player. It's been a good decade!
Congrats! Ten years later, you still have no life! :toot:

(I'm only a couple years away)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

The Ninth Layer posted:

Today is my 10-year anniversary not just as a Something Awful goon but also as an SA Mafia player. It's been a good decade!

Still waiting on the 10 year anniversary of the SA invasion of Mafiascum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh man those were good times over at MafiaScum. One of my favorite moments was Alasdair joining a c9, rolling scum, and immediately claiming cop with a scum result on his scumbuddy. He got voted out day 1 and his team won because everyone else cleared his buddy. They all went on to yell at him after the game despite his opening move sealing the game for his team.

Also they had a multi thread page debating evolution so I made a thread debating the theory of gravity and we got it to like 10 pages.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh man those were good times over at MafiaScum. One of my favorite moments was Alasdair joining a c9, rolling scum, and immediately claiming cop with a scum result on his scumbuddy. He got voted out day 1 and his team won because everyone else cleared his buddy. They all went on to yell at him after the game despite his opening move sealing the game for his team.

Also they had a multi thread page debating evolution so I made a thread debating the theory of gravity and we got it to like 10 pages.

Fuckin lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The Ninth Layer posted:

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5187

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hated how slow their games were. I finally claimed gunsmith and all my results just to be done with the game. I think I had a perfect night action record that game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I played a game there as "OG smokedank" and gimmick posted my way into dominating a game in the process. I wouldn't recommend it though, the game literally took six months to finish. Also the people there are absurdly sensitive about insults and name-calling to the point where I vaguely remember I got a week-long probation for calling someone stupid in the game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poque, the Mole was ALWAYS better than Survivor. How it died while Survivor is still around, I'll never know. I don't want to play an FRG probably ever again, but if you need a co-mod hit me up. :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And Genius Game was better than both. :colbert:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Ninth Layer posted:

Congrats 2007 reg date buddy. Thinking about having given ten years to this forum fucks me up to think about, and I hope it does to you too.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

incredible

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I maintain that the year is 2011.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
He did the same thing in the first game i ever modded here.

Basically he rocked up into the thread Day 1 and all his posts were about how 'FFT keeps PMing me about the game. I thought that was against the rules of the game to discuss the game out of the thread!'

and 'Mods please modkill FFT for out of thread communication'

They were on the same scumteam, so of course i couldn't modkill him. lucky for him the game owned anyway

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Fun fact: my first game ever here was Caveman Mini-Mafia, hosted by Authorman. The gimmick was everyone had to post like cavemen. I lasted until day 2 when waar engineered to vote me out. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2527741

The first game I ever ran myself was a Kingmaker setup. In such a setup, one player is named Kingmaker and each night chooses a King among the town. The King then may choose whoever he or she wishes to execute. IMO this setup style works better in chat/IRC format than it did on forums. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2545335

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
bowmore's first game, i think, was my open randomized setup with my dumb pilot/destination mechanic. he pm'ed his nk target to say he was killing them, then the kill failed.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It's kinda cool reading some of the older game setups. In many ways games back then were more experimental since nobody really had an idea of what made for good Mafia setups.

I haven't ran a game in a while and reading some of these old setups is putting me in the mood for running one.

Legends of the Hidden Temple VI anybody?

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 20, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My first game was Werewolves, run by bowmore.

Taste somehow got away with the stupidest loving fakeclaim ever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

put on a good enough show and people will buy anything

What was great about that, dear reader, is that I chose to make Ernie and myself lovers without knowing he was scum. Ernie, being the great guy he is, owns up as scum and takes the opportunity to help me develop as a player. ol Leper Colon V drops an offhand lovers remark and the alarm bells go off in my head. I immediately post something obvious like HOLY poo poo YOU'RE SCUM instead of playing it cool and ninja edit to get rid of it. Because the game was massive, though, somebody else saw it. In the end, I had to figure out how to make sure town lynched LCVPMush without detailing my connection to Ernie, as I didn't want to die. And that's how, in the end, I ended up claiming an every-day renewing JOAT where I rolled vampire and couldn't be lynched without becoming JOAT scum the next day.

The fun starts here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576260&pagenumber=60&perpage=40#post421131383

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 20, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was basically screaming in the scumdoc.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hey whats the discord info btw, could someone PM it to me?
edit: thanks BK

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 20, 2017

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"backup miller"

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hey whats the discord info btw, could someone PM it to me?
edit: thanks BK

Me too please

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm going on 12 years. My life is a horrible mess of mistakes and regrets. Joining the SA forums was not one of them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do another legends of the hidden temple tnl

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Almost 15 years on these dumb forums. Brain slug mafia was my first game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

Almost 15 years on these dumb forums. Brain slug mafia was my first game.

15 years on these forms and you still play mafia with the skill of a 14 year old.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

15 years on these forms and you still play mafia with the skill of a 14 year old.
better than most tbf

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Werewolves game was good fun. Easily in my top 3 favorite games played

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I still have no idea what happened at the end of flying pumpkin mafia.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Little Mac posted:

Poque, the Mole was ALWAYS better than Survivor. How it died while Survivor is still around, I'll never know. I don't want to play an FRG probably ever again, but if you need a co-mod hit me up. :)

Anderson Cooper Mole Seasons: REALLY SUPER GOOD GREAT TIME

Celebrity Mole: Not too good.

The Revival Mole: Kinda Good

These are my Mole rankings, hope you enjoyed them. God I loved that show. Feel like it's going to be popular but hopefully I might stand a chance at getting in!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

Werewolves game was good fun. Easily in my top 3 favorite games played
mine?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ya

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Someone should launch a game, imo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm smashed at work this week, next week I will relaunch BK's game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cool

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i don't remember the game at all, gonna go have a skim through

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm gonna put up a legends of the hidden temple game, watch this space.

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824349

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 20, 2017

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Someone should launch a game, imo

maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010