Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

YggiDee posted:

If you want a breakdown of your odds with the GC lootboxes have I got a spreadsheet for you

Gatcha Odds

tldr; the Eureka mounts have about a 0.12% chance of dropping from each of the 4.0 boxes. Your odds of getting them from Eureka itself are also terrible.

I refuse to believe that the Peerifool whistle is twice as common as the fences and hedges and creeks that I've received several times each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a way to reclaim artifact weapons?

I started the HW relic for paladin awhile back, I'm able to find the sword (animated hauteclaire) but I have no idea where I put the shield (Animated Prytwen) /isearch doesn't seem to be helping and I can't find it or where I can reclaim it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I started the HW relic for paladin awhile back, I'm able to find the sword (animated hauteclaire) but I have no idea where I put the shield (Animated Prytwen) /isearch doesn't seem to be helping and I can't find it or where I can reclaim it.

If you tossed it in the garbage, no, I don't believe so. You can usually buy duplicate versions of completed steps if you just want the glam though

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you wanna diceroll on potd parties the time is now, at least. did 1-80 queuing in and getting random people. didn't even need to do 1-50 but I figured I could push three other people forward, and instead I got mostly different people every time. only stopping cause I gotta get some work done.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Oxyclean posted:

ImpAtom posted:

If you tossed it in the garbage, no, I don't believe so.
You can send in a ticket to have an item restored but you can only use it one time per account. It's not worth it to use it on the first step of the HW relic though. Just start it again IMO since it won't take that long to get there again.

I have one friend that accidentally tossed a completed ARR relic; that's the kind of situation where I'd use my one time item restore.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So what keeps the game from just being ddos'd forever?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I guess the ddosser getting bored?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blockhouse posted:

Eventually you run out of money to pay the DDoS-as-a-service guys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

It becomes increasingly hard to keep a DDoS going forever without spending a fair bit of money.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ddosser running out of their botnet credit, yeah, those things are expensive af if you want a serious one that can keep that poo poo up for days

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Old PC, an i5-8600k from 2017:

new PC, a 7800x3d, apparently the best gaming CPU you can get right now:

same GPU, a 3080. The heck, YoshiP?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the game just isn't very cpu intensive. but just imagine how fast your dwarf fortress worlds will generate now

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
now do a bench at limsa aetheryte

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

iPodschun posted:

You can send in a ticket to have an item restored but you can only use it one time per account. It's not worth it to use it on the first step of the HW relic though. Just start it again IMO since it won't take that long to get there again.

I have one friend that accidentally tossed a completed ARR relic; that's the kind of situation where I'd use my one time item restore.

Note that there's a 1 month time limit on the time since accidental deletion. Learnt that one the hard way.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

GPU is typically more important for games unless the CPU is really bad. Especially at 4K.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
One thing to note is that third party tools tend to be more demanding on your CPU.

And standing in Limsa is usually killer on your RAM which is why in my experience even the best PC only gets about 80fps in Limsa because of all of the bot accounts.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The best part of Halicarnassus is saying "remember the frog, everyone always forgets the frog" and then three people get frogged.

I'm not being sarcastic, it's lovely to watch them hopping about. That cleave is bigger than you think.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Isn't the benchmark specifically a graphical benchmark? I thought stuff like handling a bunch of players on screen does still tax the CPU a lot but that that's not the kind of thing they test for in a benchmark like this

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The part with the dozens of NPCs fighting stuff in the jungle might roughly simulate your Alliance Raid performance, but your CPU is going to end up under more pressure by Limsa idlers or the whole server showing up for special world boss FATEs.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mr. Neutron posted:

weird. i went from a 5600x to a 5700x3d for a cheap upgrade, both with a 3070, and went from 14100 to 15100 (at 1440p)

one thing i saw in the hardware unboxed 5700x3d video is that at least for the endwalker benchmark there's some differences in driver overhead wrt the gpu on intel vs amd cpus, so that might be why you don't see any difference?

Martman posted:

Isn't the benchmark specifically a graphical benchmark? I thought stuff like handling a bunch of players on screen does still tax the CPU a lot but that that's not the kind of thing they test for in a benchmark like this

the benchmark does tax the cpu for some scenes, part of why hardware unboxed uses the xiv benchmark as part of their cpu battery. and i had some definite improvement with a new cpu like i said above. but a 5600x to 5700x3d is a much more controlled sort of change in that it's literally only the cpu that changes, rather than cpu, chipset, and drivers

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So is DRK kind of weird in that when you're synced below 70, you just can kind of freely dump MP, but otherwise you want to keep enough to use The Blackest Night and then use the free casts from having it popped?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oxyclean posted:

So is DRK kind of weird in that when you're synced below 70, you just can kind of freely dump MP, but otherwise you want to keep enough to use The Blackest Night and then use the free casts from having it popped?

That's about the size of it. You can be a little more free with the MP in boss fights if there's no buster or other big damage coming up, but you want to be using TBN on cooldown in packs and reserve MP for that.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The benchmark is really only testing graphics and loading times

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I accidentally dyed some pants (Darklight casting breeches) skin-tone and discovered the undyed parts look really cool so I'm trying to find a look for it.

...then I turned the character around and discovered the downside.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Bruceski posted:

downside.

???

I feel like we have different definitions of that word.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I've had a similar problem once.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I've had a similar problem once.

Had a similar issue when I started the game, my spouse gave me a Peacelover's coffer as a first glam set, and we swiftly realized that my character is, quote, "jeans-colored"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I need my media tour leaks already

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I think it starts tomorrow.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I forgot how much XP GC commissions can give. The starred ones give an entire level if they're HQ!

That'll definitely speed up capping my DoH jobs (5 are 80+, other 3 are 70/72/75).

Qwertycoatl posted:

All the lootbox rewards are available on the MB. When they were first released you had a decent chance of getting a semi-valuable minion but now the price of everything apart from the super-rare ones has been pushed down by the supply

You can buy mounts on the MB?

I was under the impression the boxes could also give mounts (though obviously at a way lower rate just because minions outnumber mounts like 50:1 or something).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You definitely can buy mounts on the MB. The drat dodo goes for like three mil easy on Crystal, variations depending on server.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

You can buy mounts on the MB?

Yeah some.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

There's a whole lot of all types of collectibles in the game, and a lot are sellable, many aren't. If you're trying to complete a collection, there's a button on the MB window when you select Minions/Mounts/Registrable Miscellany that only shows you what you don't have.

If the tooltip doesn't say "Market Prohibited" at the bottom it's tradeable. Note that a lot of items (such as equipment and furniture) become "bound" once used and can no longer be traded between players.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I like how it ended up.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Bruceski posted:

I accidentally dyed some pants (Darklight casting breeches) skin-tone and discovered the undyed parts look really cool so I'm trying to find a look for it.

I can't find any downsides.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bruceski posted:

No that's a backside

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Disable Vsync/framerate limits. The score is entirely dependent on total frames generated (and thus FPS), so if it's capped to 60, the score be lower than it could be.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

No that's a backside

The backside can often be seen on the downside...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Or as it's called ingame, lalafel first person view.