Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bike tory posted:

Forgiveness by ayato sound create

(I assume you mean the original, yes it's a v good song)

Is this your feed or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNASYkhZ_YA

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this your feed or something?

No, just one of the only links I could find to the song

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This doesn’t look like this year

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

I haven't seen this movie, what kind of awful event is this foreshadowing?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nastyman posted:

I haven't seen this movie, what kind of awful event is this foreshadowing?

You should see the movie.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

kdrudy posted:

You should see the movie.

Which movie is it?

Content: this meme is calling me out

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Parasite.

I watched it for the first time recently with a friend who somehow got it in his head that it's some sort of post-apocalyptic zombie movie, and kept assuming every new scene was very obviously setting up the outbreak. It was very fun listening to him try and guess which character would be patient zero in this movie about class and wealth inequality.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

SpacePig posted:

Parasite.

I watched it for the first time recently with a friend who somehow got it in his head that it's some sort of post-apocalyptic zombie movie, and kept assuming every new scene was very obviously setting up the outbreak. It was very fun listening to him try and guess which character would be patient zero in this movie about class and wealth inequality.

You should watch Train to Busan with him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wR1920c.gifv

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Parasite.

Zombie movies are also about class and wealth inequality

Famously the walking dead tv show

But yes that was a great movie anyway. The scene of the boy at the fridge looking at the portal was terrifying

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

SpacePig posted:

Parasite.

I watched it shortly after it won the Oscars. I, too, thought it was going to be some virus/parasitic zombie type thing. Maybe because of the one scene in the trailer where they're spraying chemicals, combined with the emerging totally-not-a-real-threat "coronavirus" thing the news was talking about in mid-February. It was definitely a mind gently caress for me when I realized what was actually happening.

I highly recommend watching it. It's on Hulu now; not sure about other services.

pseudorandom has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Apr 19, 2020

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

euphronius posted:

Zombie movies are also about class and wealth inequality

Famously the walking dead tv show

"Always" is very generous to an industry that churns out formulaic bullshit constantly.

But yeah modern zombie movies literally began as a vehicle for social critique.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm certain a lot of modern zombie fans would get angry at the suggestion that zombie movies are "political."

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjm6gdzhoTs

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
What was the metaphorical significance of biker gang zombie pie fights?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

:popeye:

John Cadaver
Sep 16, 2007

bike tory posted:

"Always" is very generous to an industry that churns out formulaic bullshit constantly.

But yeah modern zombie movies literally began as a vehicle for social critique.

They didn't say 'always' they said 'also'.

But based on the idea they said 'always' I came to offer the zombie film 'Warm Bodies' which is about finding connection, redemption and other emotional things. It's great.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Goddam... now I want to see The Dickbutt Equation.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

John Cadaver posted:

They didn't say 'always' they said 'also'.

But based on the idea they said 'always' I came to offer the zombie film 'Warm Bodies' which is about finding connection, redemption and other emotional things. It's great.

haha it must've been edited inbetween the time I read the post and hit quote

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I don't know what's going on but it's amazing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Alkydere posted:

It's like the alien language from Arrival.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Alkydere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6sGWTCMz2k

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

SpacePig posted:

Parasite.

Parasite loving rules, it's funny as poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTCqW9kJ5lM

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfb4LL86PGc

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
fanficterinooooo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/CountDankulaTV/status/1251854854974328835

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I like the meme but I do not like the nazi pug guy.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Nazi pug?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

From the Dead Kennedys song

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

the crying character has a nazi haircut and bug eyes like a pug

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/themouseyouknow/status/1251582115273203713?s=20

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Naw dawg

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sagebrush posted:

the crying character has a nazi haircut and bug eyes like a pug

The tweeter, Count dankula, is a poo poo head scottish alt-righter who taught his pug to heil on command in response to "Who wants ti gas the jews".
That is his only calim to fame because as far as anyone knows he is an absolute idiot even by alt right standards and only gets attention because he got his "free speech rights" violated by an 800 poond fine, which he refused to pay, instead donating 800 pounds to charity, then getting another £800 forcibly taken from his account.

He is an utter nothing who thankfully hasnt managed to turn his 5 seconds of anti fame into a permanent spot on the right wing grift ring. (He ran as a euro parliament candidate for UKIP, in scotland of all loving places.)

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Apr 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Quote is not edit