Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzhandzzz
Feb 3, 2011
I can't stop listening to anything John Reis related. So a lot of Night Marchers recently but also Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes and Rocket from the Crypt. To anyone who doesn't know, these bands are awesome and he's been in even more as well.

jazzhandzzz fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That RS article is really good. I thought it was kinda sweet that her bandmates reaction was to get high and then get pumped up so they can protect her. And her wife is impossibly cool.

Yeah I just love that the first response was "gently caress let's smoke a bowl" and the second was "we should start working out so we can beat people up who gently caress with her."

That's what real friends do.

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

It's like people only do things because they get paid
Has anyone checked out I Got Brains fest? So many good bands on it, and super cheap.

http://igotbrainsfest.tumblr.com/

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
yeah i live about 30 minutes from there so i'll be going

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Everyone in the Chicagoland area should come thrash to this:

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Everyone in the Chicagoland area should come thrash to this:

looks rad as hell

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone here have a spare ticket for CMARfest? I didn't manage to get tickets in time but now that its only a couple of weeks away some people's plans might have changed, or so I'm hoping.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
is anyone planning on heading out to see mean jeans tonight in detroit? They're playing with 3 other bands and it's only $5 at PJ's Lager House.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I am really loving pumped to see Spraynard this weekend. Between the Impossibles reunion and this, it hasn't sucked too much to live in Texas lately.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
The new apart album is indeed loving greatness.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 16, 2012

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

AbrahamBurgers posted:

Has anyone checked out I Got Brains fest? So many good bands on it, and super cheap.

http://igotbrainsfest.tumblr.com/

the lineup for this gets better every day and the people running it are total sweethearts who run local shows. if you live anywhere near virginia you should come. if you aren't but you know someone near virginia tell them.

stay depressed fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 16, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Nosferatu Man posted:

New White Lung album is now streaming. Seriously good tunes.

http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHear/white_lung-sorry_album_stream

wow, thanks for this. this is a pro click

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
Plan-it-x Fest today! Anyone else gonna be there? It should be a very positive time.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Just got back from day 3 of Insub Fest. House Boat were the best by far, they played "21st Century Breakroom" and it ruled.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
http://sciencepolice.bandcamp.com/
any Grath band is a good band.

Also, Exploding Hearts anyone?
http://thecry1.bandcamp.com/album/the-cry

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

This is a crazy loving line-up, too. Goddamn.

Also, new TBR track! http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/premiere_teenage_bottlerocket_maverick?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=altpress

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Are there any good punk rock twitters other than jaded punk hulk and Andy Falkous?

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are there any good punk rock twitters other than jaded punk hulk and Andy Falkous?

Polar Bear Club's tour manager @xtrackerx is pretty excellent.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you preordered the new TBR album you should be getting your DL code soon.

It's pretty rad! I mean it's the same as everything else they've ever recorded but it owns.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Voting that these guys, The Biters, and Gentleman Jessie have a three-way cage match for title of best power pop band in the world. Losers have to shave their head and go back to street punk.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Right, I've managed to get CMAR tickets, any goons going?

wcagizmo
Oct 28, 2008

HEH, HEH, HEH.
Memphis May Fire's new album blew every living thing out of the water, just like their last album. This new album is called 'Challenger' and was officially released yesterday.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Any Brit-goons here may be interested that Rancid have announced a new UK tour at the end of the year. Already got tickets for our local show in December :)

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Lord Dekks posted:

Any Brit-goons here may be interested that Rancid have announced a new UK tour at the end of the year. Already got tickets for our local show in December :)
yup I'm gonna have a bit of a London adventure and go to both shows (gonna be needing a hotel for a couple of nights) it's a co-headliner with cocksparrer (who I'm not a big fan off)

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
So I just recently got into Dangers, and I was wondering if anyone recommended anything akin to that in terms of politics/lyrical content. I've already been pretty heavily into Propagandhi for a number of years now, but I really enjoy the themes that Dangers touches on.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I was also wondering about a recommendation, are there any newer bands you guys could recommend for a fan of Neil Perry, me and him call it us, or Owen hart?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Gaz2k21 posted:

yup I'm gonna have a bit of a London adventure and go to both shows (gonna be needing a hotel for a couple of nights) it's a co-headliner with cocksparrer (who I'm not a big fan off)

You like Rancid but not Cocksparrer? I think I just died a little inside

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

answersyouseek posted:

You like Rancid but not Cocksparrer? I think I just died a little inside
reading that made me dizzy. different strokes i guess but daaaaamn please listen to cock sparrer everyone everywhere all the time

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Whoops I should have probably mentioned I'm not a huge Rancid fan but saw them at Groezrock and enjoyed there set, there's just something about tim Armstrong I don't like all the songs Lars sings I loving love and his bastards albums were incredible...

monheim
Dec 22, 2009

how're things
Were any goons at Plan-it-X Fest in Bloomington last weekend?

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

fluxus posted:

Were any goons at Plan-it-X Fest in Bloomington last weekend?

Yeah I was there.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Just found this long lost treasure.

Adhesive - A Thousand Times

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Unbootable posted:

So I just recently got into Dangers, and I was wondering if anyone recommended anything akin to that in terms of politics/lyrical content. I've already been pretty heavily into Propagandhi for a number of years now, but I really enjoy the themes that Dangers touches on.

Verse.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I just want to thank whoever it was that mentioned Leatherface in this thread. I've been listening to some of their stuff, and they're pretty good.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I've got a few copies of the new Japanese Women flexi if anybody would like one. Throw me 6 or 7 bucks ppd if you're in the US and would like a copy. andersonmcook at gmail.

http://japanesewomen.bandcamp.com/a...s-mix-full-song
(the flexi fades out at 4:20)

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Phlegmish posted:

I just want to thank whoever it was that mentioned Leatherface in this thread. I've been listening to some of their stuff, and they're pretty good.

They're awesome. Saw them live last year.

Saw Basement last week, who were okay. All the kids floorpunching was hilarious. Hopefully seeing Ceremony on Monday. Been spending most of my days on Spotify listening to bands like Dear Landlord, Teenage Bottlerocket, and The Dopeamines.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I dont care how dumb it is: anyone going to Vans Warped Tour in Cincinnati this year?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The first CBGB Festival in New York took a turn for the hosed up tonight.

quote:

Just after 8 p.m. tonight two people were stabbed at Webster Hall while attending the Cro-Mags and Sick Of It All show for the CBGB Festival. We've reached out to the festival's organizers and will update when we hear back with more details. In the meantime, ABC News is reporting that EMS and police responded, the bands were told to break down, and the concert was stopped.

Bowery Boogie was at the show, and reports that "all hell broke loose upstairs" and "Harley Flannegan, founding member of the Cro-Mags stumbled into the VIP lounge with a knife. Security mobilized in a hot minute and beat the poo poo out of him. It took no less than six beefy dudes to control the madness. Blood was everywhere, and bone protruded from his shin." Flannegan was reportedly taken away by the NYPD in handcuffs after he "stabbed some dude in the chest."

The two victims were reportedly transported to Bellevue hospital, and their conditions are unknown.

The CBGB Festival is scheduled to go on through the 8th, and will be held at 40 different venues, with two stages being set up in Times Square tomorrow.

UPDATE: Horns Up Rocks reports that Flannegan stabbed Mike "The Gook," current Cro-Mags bassist. A witness told them, "Flanagan was acting weird right before the incident... 'I talked to him outside minutes before it happened and I knew something was going to go down. He was like a loving lunatic outside... Next thing I know he's in the VIP area stabbing people!'"

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Y-Hat posted:

The first CBGB Festival in New York took a turn for the hosed up tonight.

Still apparently angry that John is the pretty one.

Also, I think it the big pond that divides the Rancid/Cocksparrer thing. I loving love Cocksparrer, but could do without Rancid. Maybe if I came from a country that didn't bear the stigma of Rancid and the ubiquitous 90's question of "Oh, you like Street Punk? Fuckin' Rancid, am I right!?" I'd probably dislike them less.

Also Old Firm Casuals sound like Back with a Bang era Skrewdriver. There, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I never really liked Rancid apart from their 2000 self-titled (which still had some songs that were kind of boring), but not liking Cock Sparrer! I don't get it.

This is probably a stupid question, but I really got into punk rock as a teenager and then when I was 19 moved to a place without a scene and fell out of it (this being before ubiquitous broadband and I didn't have the ability to drive an hour there and back to go to shows). As such, I kind of fell out of the scene about 2003 and I've no idea what's current, and I recently realized I've not picked up any new punk rock since like 2004 or 2005. So... what's going on in punk rock right now?