Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Depends entirely on what they think a Super Robot is. There's plenty of mecha games left, but most of them are Real. Then again, they put ZoE as a Super so who the gently caress knows. Probably transformers I guess.

ZOE is super robot as gently caress they're powered by magic space energy and teleport around and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

ZOE is super robot as gently caress they're powered by magic space energy and teleport around and poo poo

So is Gundam 00

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

So is Gundam 00

and I'd argue that the quantizing poo poo in 00 makes at least the units that do it super robot as well

ultimately though it just depends on personal opinion

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

00 has mobile suits going Super Saiyan. It's complete Super Robot.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 23, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think this type 0 episode is one of the best machinma episodes

its really good and funny, they were on for this one. someday they'll make a video better than the persona 4 video that got me hooked

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I tried to play Zone of the Enders 2 once, hated the camera, and gave up on Vic Viper.

Beyond the Bound is a cool song though

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Didn't notice until like 20 minutes in that there were pedals connected to that controller as well in the steel batallion video.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dante, Nero, Vergil, Lady and Trish are all playable in DMC4

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress YES

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Excellence.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Depths posted:

Didn't notice until like 20 minutes in that there were pedals connected to that controller as well in the steel batallion video.

It's super noticeable when Pat takes the reigns.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ZOE2 is incredible. I only played the HD collection version which I THINK had weird difficulty issues though. Normal was a total breeze and Hard was what the gently caress. Really needed an in-between.

Still a great game though.

EDIT: It might also be because I'm at that weird action-game skill level where I'm good enough to pass the basics easily, but my reflexes are complete poo poo so anything requiring a lot of execution just falls apart for me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

This is clearly a test bed for my dream DMC 5 that is 4 player Co-Op.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
superbestfriends.png

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

superbestfriends.png

All it's missing is a Simpsons joke and Woolie showing up after that Arcana Heart tweet to talk fighting games. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fuckin a

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam can release his limiter whenever he chooses. Makes you almost wonder why he has one.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Look at that motherfucker what thinks he's Nakamura.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
They're all just nervous 'cause Liam demonstrated he's capable of ethering anyone with a walking-backwards jab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuV-EpLV8SU

Sad Mammal fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 24, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjjr7_oeZbc

I feel like I should have known that this game existed, but I didn't.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat's Getter Robot revelation is pretty amazing.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
It sucks that the video crapped out on the end of the latest Parasite Eve update, but hearing Woolie's reaction to Daniels being the hardest motherfucker ever is well worth it.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-085-syringes-filled-with-corn-syrup/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HU2oRNL8nE New podcast is up!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, Pat's encroaching baldness has been a really frequent subject of discussion lately!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"I've never had catfish," and not knowing what dry rub is paints a dark loving picture of Quebec and Canada in general.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just bought some Cajun catfish filets a couple weeks ago to try out since I have never tried it

Catfish is loving diiiiisgusting, if someone on the cast wanted to try it, warn them that it's terrible

The only fish I've had that was more disgusting than catfish was swordfish

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

It sucks that the video crapped out on the end of the latest Parasite Eve update, but hearing Woolie's reaction to Daniels being the hardest motherfucker ever is well worth it.

I thought that was intentional at first but now I'm expecting half the finale to be a black screen.

Ok, so how many times will Woolie die to Escape from UB? I wager 3 times.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Is it just me or does Matt's audio cut out around the time they start talking about Godzilla?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Scorched Spitz posted:

Is it just me or does Matt's audio cut out around the time they start talking about Godzilla?

:tinfoil:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Woolie screwed up. You need to download the podcast again. He put the fixed version up a few hours after the initial.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Of course those nerds get hyped for yandere simulator

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

"I've never had catfish," and not knowing what dry rub is paints a dark loving picture of Quebec and Canada in general.

Not to mention thinking yakiniku and barbeque are the same thing. Deeply disappointed in Canada's BBQ game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hold up a second, I'm catching up on last weeks podcast and does Liam seriously not understand the difference between graphics and a artstyle? What?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hold up a second, I'm catching up on last weeks podcast and does Liam seriously not understand the difference between graphics and a artstyle? What?

Yeah. Something like that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I disagree with Liam's interpretation of that question, but it should've been phrased as "artistic concept" instead of artstyle or something. I mean, you can argue that "hyperrealism" is an artstyle if you wanna stretch the definition of the word. Pat was right tho.

Also, Bioshock Infinite is the answer.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
The best way to define the two is the "art direction" and "art" of a game.

Like, The Order's art is fantastic visually, but the art direction is completely bland and uninteresting. Something like Mirror's Edge has pretty simple art, but the art direction is top notch as far as visual flair goes.

It's weird if you haven't been in a field that sets these two apart and I think that's where Liam's confusion and bullheadedness is coming from.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Catfish is good when it's braised, Vietnamese style.

http://www.hungryhuy.com/ca-kho-to-recipe-vietnamese-braised-fish/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Radio Paranoia posted:

The best way to define the two is the "art direction" and "art" of a game.

Like, The Order's art is fantastic visually, but the art direction is completely bland and uninteresting. Something like Mirror's Edge has pretty simple art, but the art direction is top notch as far as visual flair goes.

It's weird if you haven't been in a field that sets these two apart and I think that's where Liam's confusion and bullheadedness is coming from.

Yeah, "art direction" is the term I was looking for. The Order has amazing art in terms of fidelity, but "sorta steampunk-ish but brown" is boring-rear end direction.

The answer is still Bioshock Infinite.