Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Amoeba102 posted:

My biased memory tells me I'm generally pretty good with night actions. Like when I busdrove the night kill back onto the killer in Orient Express.

This happened recently at the very end of Hotline Mafia, which was pretty crazy! It was pretty much the only scenario where scum wouldn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well Opop, it's an open sized game, technically there's enough players for it, I'm just giving people a chance to play if they want to.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It's making me legit mad that Opop is upset about something. gently caress it. I'll modkill everyone in every game to make him happy if I have to.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just ate a whole bunch of cantaloupe and it was delicious.

That is all.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't care if it's role madness or role light as long as it's designed well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BottleKnight posted:

It's making me legit mad that Opop is upset about something. gently caress it. I'll modkill everyone in every game to make him happy if I have to.

I appreciate that, Bottleknight. We're best friends now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I appreciate that, Bottleknight. We're best friends now.

:cool:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

BottleKnight posted:

This happened recently at the very end of Hotline Mafia, which was pretty crazy! It was pretty much the only scenario where scum wouldn't win.

That was one of my proudest mafia moments.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96nax6O4Ol4

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Remember how I said the other day I can't easily get good burgers in France? I forgot that I can make them myself. Stupid me. I made great burgers and oven fries tonight. I pressed some garlic and onion into the ground beef and then added salt, pepper, Worcester sauce, a bit of soy sauce (just to see), a bit of a smoky chipotle sauce I had lying around because I figured what the heck, a touch of ketchup, and cumin, paprika, and chili powder. All in all it was juicy and delicious.

What're things you guys add into your ground beef before frying it up? Also, I have yet to try but is it safe to assume that the way to make sweet potato oven fries would be similar to regular potato ones?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What're things you guys add into your ground beef before frying it up?

Onion and garlic shreds for 5 hours in the freezer then red chili flakes and parmesan when turning into Patty form right before frying.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Remember how I said the other day I can't easily get good burgers in France? I forgot that I can make them myself.
Noice

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Remember how I said the other day I can't easily get good burgers in France? I forgot that I can make them myself. Stupid me. I made great burgers and oven fries tonight. I pressed some garlic and onion into the ground beef and then added salt, pepper, Worcester sauce, a bit of soy sauce (just to see), a bit of a smoky chipotle sauce I had lying around because I figured what the heck, a touch of ketchup, and cumin, paprika, and chili powder. All in all it was juicy and delicious.

What're things you guys add into your ground beef before frying it up? Also, I have yet to try but is it safe to assume that the way to make sweet potato oven fries would be similar to regular potato ones?

Do 3:1 beef:pork sausage instead

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
half beef and half pork is the way to go I think, with 30% of the meat being fat

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I switched to turkey burgers if I'm making them at home, they're a little leaner and I keep trying to drop the 20 or so extra pounds I'm carrying around. They are definitely worth a shot and I'm pretty happy with that switch so I proselytize it when I can.

The correct way to make sweet potato fries is to replace half with regular potato fries, and then, as the next step, replace the other half with regular potato fries. Then proceed as normal.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bowmore posted:

half beef and half pork is the way to go I think, with 30% of the meat being fat

That's closer to my meatball recipe than my hamburger one

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736397

Since there are no game accepting sign ups at the moment. Go for it.

Role Spoilers

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

All Vanilla mafia is closed because apparently ecco is right and nobody in our community wants that kind of game :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think it's more that there are 3-4 games currently in signups.

Also yes, burgers, good idea thank you for reminding me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I literally didn't see the vanilla mafia signup/announcement post because it came after a wall of text quoting an argument I was trying to ignore.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eugenics would knock out inattentive people like you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm actually not that offended or anything, I am probably too busy to run a game anyway. Maybe I'll do it sometime in the future.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

All Vanilla mafia is closed because apparently ecco is right and nobody in our community wants that kind of game :v:

I'm way too stupid to play all vanilla games

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am always right the sooner you all accept this the better.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

:frogout:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:vapes:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

EccoRaven posted:

I am always right the sooner you all accept this the better.

nah

Roles are good, and cool.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

I'm actually not that offended or anything, I am probably too busy to run a game anyway. Maybe I'll do it sometime in the future.

You can run an all vanilla setup with fifteen seconds of work each game day/night cycle.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have a friend who refuses to play the new Borderlands with me because she hates the Australian accents in it so much. Even if you accept the absurdity that accents could make you hate a game, how could you hate the Australian accent? It's a pretty entertaining one to listen to, even if the vernacular is ridiculous.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Culture not a costume

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

I have a friend who refuses to play the new Borderlands with me because she hates the Australian accents in it so much. Even if you accept the absurdity that accents could make you hate a game, how could you hate the Australian accent? It's a pretty entertaining one to listen to, even if the vernacular is ridiculous.
Give me her phone number

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

bowmore posted:

Give me her phone number

lmao I would for the hilarity but won't b/c I feel she wouldn't take it in good jest.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

I feel she wouldn't take it in good jest.
probably not

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just record some stuff and upload it, send a link.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
why do you hate toto
why do you hate music?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736881

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If I were not already in one game and signed up for another I would sign up for this so fast derp! I am sorry.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
did i pick a bad time? darn. i looked at vote finder and there were very few games.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

did i pick a bad time? darn. i looked at vote finder and there were very few games.

The one game I'm in started today and the other Ecco promises will start sometime... soon... pftahahahaaha

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

BottleKnight posted:

Is the problem that it's not really an Australian accent? That its just some American doing a poor imitation of an Australian accent? Cause I hate those too.

I mean honestly, there are Australians everywhere. There is not a single country that you can go to that doesn't have Australians in it, so just hire a drat Australian to do the job.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Is the problem that it's not really an Australian accent? That its just some American doing a poor imitation of an Australian accent? Cause I hate those too.

I mean honestly, there are Australians everywhere. There is not a single country that you can go to that doesn't have Australians in it, so just hire a drat Australian to do the job.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine.

No, she actually just hates listening to Australian accents. In any medium! It is not any deeper or more intricate than that.

Is it offensive to not play a game you like the gameplay of (she loved Borderlands 2) because the concept of an Australian accent bugs you so bad?