Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Early on it isn't as big of a deal, but late game players should save glory, gem, and guild keys for new Mythic Fridays. Event keys are best saved for new legendary troops.

Its also best to get the guild seals up to the 40k level before using them to increase the odds on them. We are about 4500 short at the moment, so if you're at 1500 seals and have clan orbs use them. If you aren't at 1500 yet please grab some seals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Pesterchum posted:

So somewhere in the thread I saw that we should ask if each event is worth using event keys on or not, should I use any of them?

This week’s event kingdom is Blackhawk. One of the two legendary troops from that kingdom is Kraken. Kraken is amazing if you can pair it with a looping duo/trio: the third trait means you’re constantly dealing damage to the opponent. This is a week to use event keys, sez I.

Example:
Kraken*** (meaning you need all three traits; use orbs of wisdom)
Alchemist
Hellcat
Kraken***

Alchemist and Hellcat feed each other mana, and each time you make a four match you deal 6 damage to the entire opposing side.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 6, 2018

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Grundulum posted:

This week’s event kingdom is Blackhawk. One of the two legendary troops from that kingdom is Kraken. Kraken is amazing if you can pair it with a looping duo: the third trait means you’re constantly dealing damage to the opponent. This is a week to use event keys, sez I.

Example:
Kraken*** (meaning you need all three traits; use orbs of wisdom)
Alchemist
Hellcat
Kraken***

Alchemist and Hellcat feed each other mana, and each time you make a four match you deal 6 damage to the entire opposing side.

Where do you get orbs of wisdom?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Many places in the game give orbs of chaos. For example, look at Portal 4 of this week’s Raid event in the Guild menu. Whenever you collect an orb of chaos, it will turn into one of four different orbs:

Orb of Growth (35%): increases the level of a troop, saving you some souls
Orb of Wisdom (25%): unlocks the lowest locked trait on a troop, saving you traitstones (don’t use it to purchase the first trait if you can avoid it, since normally the second/third traits are more expensive)
Orb of Clans (25%): gives you guild seals when used
Orb of Ascension (15%): increases the rarity of the troop one level, saving you many sacrificed copies (try to only use it for getting a troop to legendary or mythic, since those cost the most copies)

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Just started playing, would love to join a guild. Catsworth_ftw4 is my invite code.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Looks like Boiz hit the 40k mark last night. Sweeeet.

Also, what are y'all using in the class event, I can't seem to hit upon anything that does rolling board controlling damage. Are you spending the 750 gems for the Runeforger weapon? It seems like a lot for a little.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

porktree posted:

Also, what are y'all using in the class event, I can't seem to hit upon anything that does rolling board controlling damage. Are you spending the 750 gems for the Runeforger weapon?

Dhrak-Zum banner
Rune Priest hero, Black Manacles
Lady Ironbeard
Apothecary
King Highforge

I bought to Tier 3; didn’t bother going farther for a weapon I will receive in time anyway. With the additional 8 sigils tomorrow and Sunday, I will finish all 8 reward levels.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 6, 2018

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Urskaya Banner
Rune Priest Hero w/ Explode Brown Gems Hammer (forgot the name)
Lady Ironbeard
Lord Ironbeard
King Highforge

If you have Highforge fully traited this team pretty much handles everything.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

Dhrak-Zum banner
Rune Priest hero, Black Manacles
Lady Ironbeard
Apothecary
King Highforge

I bought to Tier 3; didn’t bother going farther for a weapon I will receive in time anyway. With the additional 8 sigils tomorrow and Sunday, I will finish all 8 reward levels.

This feels solid, I had the same thing but was running Lord Ironbeard instead of the Hero.

Also - my screen says the event ends in 15 hours? Just sayin'... ;)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

9k guild seals, all my gem and glory keys.

No new mythic.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Ultimate Mango posted:

No new mythic.

Same here. One more to add to the crafting pile I guess. She looks pretty decent.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

porktree posted:

This feels solid, I had the same thing but was running Lord Ironbeard instead of the Hero.

Also - my screen says the event ends in 15 hours? Just sayin'... ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Class Event is just 1 day. That said, it's probably still not worth the gems to get the new hammer, since you'll get it anyway eventually. I'm buying up to Tier 3, (which will get me to around Talent Level 20) but with the diminishing returns on class xp and talents I can't justify spending more gems than that.

For the Raid Boss, I'm also using

Hero with Mang
Kendrala
Kraken
Scurvy Seadog

with the Blue/Red banner.

For hero class, I've been very happy with Titan. Fully traited, it starts with 50% mana, which means getting off the first mang hit earlier, and the level 40 Talent in the Stone Tree (which the Rune Priest also gets access to) gives you a barrier whenever you match brown gems. You're doing that anyway to fill the mang and it extends the hero's life expectancy incredibly. If you don't have Titan high enough level, I guess go with something that at least starts you with barrier. Honestly though, Titan is still going to be a good for future Raids/Invasions anyway, so you want to get on top of leveling it up soon.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

No new mythic.

420 gem keys
4000+ glory keys
Got her after 10,000 guild keys on my final pull.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bandire posted:

Same here. One more to add to the crafting pile I guess. She looks pretty decent.

Crafting pile?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

One more mythic I'll have to craft in the soulforge.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bandire posted:

One more mythic I'll have to craft in the soulforge.

Say it louder and slower like I’m stupid. You can craft mythics?

I’ve just gotten to the point where I can grind PvP for gold to level up kingdoms, and while I bought my way a bit of a head start I’m clearly clueless about a lot of this game.

Sorry gem boiz, I think I topped out at 120 for the raid boss.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Say it louder and slower like I’m stupid. You can craft mythics?

Remember those diamonds and shards that appear in the guild task rewards?

Head over to the “Soulforge” panel of the “Games” menu. You’ll be able to upgrade it from level 1 to level 10 as you do battles. Each level lets you craft new stuff. Level 10, as you can see from the list of recipes, will let you exchange diamonds for mythic troops.

Edit: while you’re poking around in the Games menu, check out the Dungeon. Three battles daily that give crafting resources. If you can deal with level 100+ troops in the Raid mode, you’ll handle Dungeon fights easily. Especially do these on Sundays, since that day has the best rewards.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 7, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Head over to the “Soulforge” panel of the “Games” menu. You’ll be able to upgrade it from level 1 to level 10 as you do battles. Each level lets you craft new stuff. Level 10, as you can see from the list of recipes, will let you exchange diamonds for mythic troops.

Don’t they rotate too?

Also there are a few you should save up for aren’t there?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
In rough order of amazingness: Pharos Ra, Infernus, Famine, Elemaugrim, Gard’s Avatar (my personal opinion for new players; there are lots of other mythic troops that have very high utility).

But before you look at mythic troops, look at making sure you have the best legendaries: Gorgotha, Emperor Khorvash, The Dragon Soul, Krystenax, Kraken, Queen Mab, Divine Ishbaala, and Queen Titania.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

ianvincible posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Class Event is just 1 day. That said, it's probably still not worth the gems to get the new hammer, since you'll get it anyway eventually. I'm buying up to Tier 3, (which will get me to around Talent Level 20) but with the diminishing returns on class xp and talents I can't justify spending more gems than that.

Well, shows what the gently caress I know. Looks like 12 hours remaining means 12 hours until the timer resets to another 24 hours. I guess, yeah, go hog wild and finish up the rest of the rewards.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Grundulum posted:

Edit: while you’re poking around in the Games menu, check out the Dungeon. Three battles daily that give crafting resources. If you can deal with level 100+ troops in the Raid mode, you’ll handle Dungeon fights easily. Especially do these on Sundays, since that day has the best rewards.

Can we post single smiley replies without being banned? Because: :aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Do all the monster levels scale with you? I have run out of souls and I’m not sure where to farm more since it feels like everything is now 4+ levels higher than my team and it’s starting to feel like being able to win quest fights is depending more on luck than matching skills. I remember scouting an exploration area earlier and it was level 8 but now it has scaled up to 16 too :(

Xun fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 8, 2018

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Xun posted:

Do all the monster levels scale with you? I have run out of souls and I’m not sure where to farm more since it feels like everything is now 4+ levels higher than my team and it’s starting to feel like being able to win quest fights is depending more on luck than matching skills. I remember scouting an exploration area earlier and it was level 8 but now it has scaled up to 16 too :(

Arena is your best bet for souls.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Also if you joined a guild the weekly task reset is Monday morning so you should be getting a bunch of the various currencies through that soon as well.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Arena is your best bet for souls.

To expand on this, in Arena you choose three troops and make a team using your hero and those three troops. You then do matches until you accumulate 8 wins or 2 losses. Importantly for new players, you don’t need to own the troops you pick, and in the matches all troops (yours and your opponent’s) are level 15 and untraited—regardless of how that troop appears in your collection. So Arena is a great place to fight teams of roughly equal power, which makes it awesome for early players.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Once you get a troop to mythic do you,

A. keep getting more of the troop and
B. if so do you just dust them?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Some people horde them. You can see a player's total troops. I do the auto disenchant (or did), especially when I was grinding for Dawnbringer. You definitely keep getting them. The only exception to that rule is Guild Guardians, which stop dropping from Guild Chests once they are all at Mythic (and you have 4 copies).

The new weapon looks like another viable alternative to Mang. It has a Mang-like effect, but applies the attack buff to the entire team. I highly doubt it's a 1:1 like Mang, but even a 4:1 would be decent.

The invasion troop looks like another turkey, but at least he has Armored, not that I have 12 Arcane Forest to throw at him. The Orc Lord is a summoner, though, so it should be an OK week. The new Rare looks like a good Arena pick. Green/Yellow troops are pretty weak with a couple of exceptions, so no reason to go nuts buying trait stones. The beast lord stag guy and Shocktopus are probably worth traiting.

For grinding explores this last week I threw the Hero on the 2x Firebomb/ Sunbird team. Seems like a good way to get XP for the new class and traits for any other class that you fancy. War and Peace isn't quite as good as Rowanne, but it works. And the hero Talents can offer some interesting utility.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome thanks!

Last question would it be worth it if I don't have the guild guardians to just pull my guild currency every week till I get them all out of the way or just keep holding on to it?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
For guild seals, I recommend you save them for weeks when a new mythic is released. This way you maximize the return on keys that don’t give you guild guardians (50% of them). Be warned that guild keys will give you all guardians until all six are mythic x4. So ascend them all as soon as you can, since the game won’t register “104 copies at legendary” as the same as “4 copies at mythic”.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How do I even get cards to ascend troops

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

tithin posted:

Unlock chests for more cards and duplicates.

EDIT: Gods I hate Ishabella/Ubastet. 11 mana to basically auto win in one turn is even more ridiculous than a King Bloodhammer team. I’d laugh for a Leshy anti meta for his ability to neutralize everyone’s attack .

Annointed fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 9, 2018

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

tithin posted:

As Annointed said, opening chests gives you copies (and extra copies) of troops in the game. Periodically, you should go to your Troops list and sort by Upgradable. Any troop with a little blue arrow on its card can be ascended. This means sacrificing some number of copies of that troop in exchange for improving its stats and its maximum level. You can do this any time you like: ascension will always leave one copy of the troop after you burn the rest. Just be careful (and learn from others’ mistakes :downs:) if you have a team that uses two copies of a troop.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
4x Firebomb defense leads to some interesting results...

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Oh nice, I finally noticed this thread.

I am absolutely adoring the game after a couple weeks play, and consistently squeeze in a few rounds at least each day. My main team is shaping up really well, and I reached tier 1 PVP for the first time (which is not, I was sad to notice, as impressive as I first believed it would be). Currently putzing about with the soulforge, daily dungeons and a bunch more quests. This game is absurdly addictive.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

4x Firebomb defense leads to some interesting results...

Any time someone beats your team in casual PVP, it shows up as a victory when you check your results. Given that event stones are awarded this week for PVP kills, lots of people are refreshing their opponents in casual until they get 4x Fire Bomb teams like yours.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Any time someone beats your team in casual PVP, it shows up as a victory when you check your results. Given that event stones are awarded this week for PVP kills, lots of people are refreshing their opponents in casual until they get 4x Fire Bomb teams like yours.

Wait you get the kill if the bomb kills it self? How does he get the win then?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
(A) Yes, you get the event stone for a Fire Bomb (or Elspeth, for that matter) casting its spell.

(B) Defeats in casual PVP are counted as victories for both players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That’s just how the game works.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

The new weapon looks like another viable alternative to Mang. It has a Mang-like effect, but applies the attack buff to the entire team. I highly doubt it's a 1:1 like Mang, but even a 4:1 would be decent.

The invasion troop looks like another turkey, but at least he has Armored, not that I have 12 Arcane Forest to throw at him. The Orc Lord is a summoner, though, so it should be an OK week. The new Rare looks like a good Arena pick. Green/Yellow troops are pretty weak with a couple of exceptions, so no reason to go nuts buying trait stones. The beast lord stag guy and Shocktopus are probably worth traiting.

Yup, right now I'm running..
Earth's Fury (III)
Gar'Nok ***
Vor'Karn *
Fel'Dras ***

All Mythic except Vor'Karn - I've still go my hero class set to Runepriest; I think I'm switching to Titan (for Axes of Doom). And the Orc Banner. (Red/Brown).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

(A) Yes, you get the event stone for a Fire Bomb (or Elspeth, for that matter) casting its spell.

(B) Defeats in casual PVP are counted as victories for both players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That’s just how the game works.

Oh well poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Pharos Ra is available in the forge this week but I am short on diamonds. How often does he rotate to the forge? I just finished levelling kingdoms up to 10 and see a lot of soul farming in my future.