Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Smh @ all these ELITISTS with their kdr above 1 point, what about the common player??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I am a master of tactics though I read Sun Tzu in the bathtub 4 hours a day, let me show you my 500 page dissertation on the miniscule variances of using a handbreak on a Dacia effectively in order to Tokyo Drift (MS Paint diagram coming soon)

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXAJdfT0XkY

Pretty happy with some of my plays in this duo game.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

I am a master of tactics though I read Sun Tzu in the bathtub 4 hours a day, let me show you my 500 page dissertation on the miniscule variances of using a handbreak on a Dacia effectively in order to Tokyo Drift (MS Paint diagram coming soon)

1) what the hell are you talking about
2) The Art of War was strategy and philosophy, not tactics
3) YOU DUMMBY

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
In a game last night I heard a motorbike approach so put a fence between us an waited for him. Dude was rubberbanding so bad when he hit the fence it broke apart and reformed 3 times before he jumped off 20 feet to the left and mag dumped me. Welp.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

1) what the hell are you talking about
2) The Art of War was strategy and philosophy, not tactics
3) YOU DUMMBY

Ill kick ur rear end

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I bet you fuqbwoys haven't even read The Art of War 2.

Is there any way to drop partial stacks of poo poo? A couple times now I've picked up some ammo that I wanted to split with my friend but I only know how to give him everything I have.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Control+drag

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Coming soon to Xbox XXX

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Photex posted:

Coming soon to Xbox XXX

As an "XBox EXCLUSIVEEEEEE"

...... because Microsoft and Xboners have no clue what the actual gently caress exclusive means.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Fences, man

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelplessColorfulScallionChocolateRain

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
I've noticed my Pioneer Crate price fall back to 800 BG Bux a couple of times now. Is this just a thing that happens, or is it just a nice bug?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Doorselfin posted:

I've noticed my Pioneer Crate price fall back to 800 BG Bux a couple of times now. Is this just a thing that happens, or is it just a nice bug?

It happens literally every Sunday night at a set time, but I guess you're really good at pattern recognition.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

Zipperelli. posted:

As an "XBox EXCLUSIVEEEEEE"

...... because Microsoft and Xboners have no clue what the actual gently caress exclusive means.

They did specifically say it was an "Xbox launch exclusive", which is the cool new way of saying they paid to get it first for a limited amount of time.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.

VulgarandStupid posted:

It happens literally every Sunday night at a set time, but I guess you're really good at pattern recognition.

Oh right, just started playing and had no idea. Thanks for that!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

did they actual say Xbox Exclusive during the press event

I thought they kept jumping back and forth between XBox Launch Exclusive (launches only on the xbox, other platforms later) and Microsoft Exclusive (windows is microsoft too)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they said console launch exclusive.

Them mixing it in to confuse people was 100% done on purpose.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Babe Magnet posted:

did they actual say Xbox Exclusive during the press event

I thought they kept jumping back and forth between XBox Launch Exclusive (launches only on the xbox, other platforms later) and Microsoft Exclusive (windows is microsoft too)

You can't blame this guy for the cash grab, though.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
it'll probably be pretty fun on the xbxx, since console shooters always have tons of aim assist and auto aim so even normal people will be able to twitch snipe

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zo posted:

it'll probably be pretty fun on the xbxx, since console shooters always have tons of aim assist and auto aim so even normal people will be able to twitch snipe

There was a post in the BF1 thread a while back showing just how insane the aim assist is, even on PC with controllers. It's basically an aimbot button.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Party Plane Jones posted:

There was a post in the BF1 thread a while back showing just how insane the aim assist is, even on PC with controllers. It's basically an aimbot button.

yeah it's actually not physically possible to aim properly with a controller, and this is immediately obvious in any console shooters with friendly fire enabled (like halo) where you realize how impossible it is to headshot your friend without aim assist

which is kind of funny for a game that models bullet trajectory - all of that is basically gonna be thrown out since all guns will shoot homing bullets anyway

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zo posted:

yeah it's actually not physically possible to aim properly with a controller, and this is immediately obvious in any console shooters with friendly fire enabled (like halo) where you realize how impossible it is to headshot your friend without aim assist

which is kind of funny for a game that models bullet trajectory - all of that is basically gonna be thrown out since all guns will shoot homing bullets anyway

It will boost the games popularity even further. We know that third and first person works for mp games with guns because we have a couple of decades worth of games that have proven its merits. You can do it in such a way that it takes skill and timing.

The great thing about this game is so much of it comes down to strategy, where you go, when you move, and so on. I wonder if they won't add in 5.1 sound to the game when it hits Xbox and eventually PS4. I might pick it up for PS4 if its good. I have friends who only game on PS4, it would be fun to play with them.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I hope they never change vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keF9VQ17G2s

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

First time I've ever looted an AWM in this game and I shoot it 3 times, getting 3 kills :staredog:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Bolow posted:

First time I've ever looted an AWM in this game and I shoot it 3 times, getting 3 kills :staredog:

The one time I got it, I had no optics and it doesn't have irons :cry:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Changing vehicles and increasing fall damage would be awful and are things blue holes should never do

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I dunno if I'm getting screwed by lag but I just lost a close quarters fight who didn't appear on my screen around a corner until after I was downed. Either a hardware issue on my end or a connection issue, I can't think of anything else.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Shooting Blanks posted:

I dunno if I'm getting screwed by lag but I just lost a close quarters fight who didn't appear on my screen around a corner until after I was downed. Either a hardware issue on my end or a connection issue, I can't think of anything else.

I got run over by a car when I was behind a wall, so yeah, lag is a serious thing.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
http://imgur.com/sUbGhAn

Where is your god now?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

In my "time to quit PUBG for the night" moment today: Drop at end of flight into military base, get a SCAR + VSS, drop 2 dudes with it and grab a car pretty kitted out. Driving over the bridge and some guy is playing toll booth operator and i peel over the hill to the right of the bridge and swerve to get out and fight him because why not and i drift over the loving cliff and die.

PUBG!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Just a friendly reminder, mushroom towers have horrible blind spots, and they're usually in the direction you actually want to be looking.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151262607

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Getting a chicken dinner with the Saiga makes me feel shotguns weren't completely destroyed after all.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Shotguns are still really good. Were people saying otherwise?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just a friendly reminder, mushroom towers have horrible blind spots, and they're usually in the direction you actually want to be looking.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151262607

Were those dudes teaming sitting in a tower?

The guys upstairs died in the wrong order.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Great Beer posted:

Shotguns are still really good. Were people saying otherwise?

unreliable

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Shotguns are still good but I've definitely had to put two shells into someone before they die way more often than pre-patch.

As it stands now I'll probably take the UMP or a AKR over a shotgun for close combat damage.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
If you have a SCAR, M4, or AK than UMP is basically useless in my opinion. Vector and fully decked out micro uzi can be better.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Megasabin posted:

If you have a SCAR, M4, or AK than UMP is basically useless in my opinion. Vector and fully decked out micro uzi can be better.

nah

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The ak is not a great gun and its recoil is trash. An m4 without mods is also not good. The only gun i would take over an ump in that statement is a scar-l.

The Micro Uzi has absolutely pitiful range and the vector requires mods to be decent. The ump is good right away, can be modded to be better, and has the same damage and effective range as the vss.

The ump is a louder and faster vss with better recoil control, its a fantastic gun

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Edit: phone being dumb

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 12, 2017

• Locked thread