Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

IIRC votes of no confidence work the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

There Bias Two posted:

Did you grow up in a JW family?

No. My parents didn't have as much money as they put on and the economy was falling apart there. In another universe, I stayed there after high school and ~15 years later, I voted for Trump out of spite. gently caress other universe Rocko. Although hopefully in that universe Hillary or Bernie won. Or maybe even Gore.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
HOLY poo poo, HE BANNED AN ENTIRE CLASS OF PEOPLE FROM THE ARMY!? HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Issue is that trans people are still considered icky by a lot of so-called progressives who are cool with minorities as long as they act as they are supposed to. So don't count on that much support from the Dems other than out of sheer Trump hate

Yeah, the top three no no's for your average "progressive" are:

1. Black people doing literally anything about cops killing them.
2. Treating transgendered as people.
3. Casting any white comic, book, or game character as anything other than white in a film, no matter how minor the character. Sam Jackson as Nick Fury gets the only pass.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

dont even fink about it posted:

lol why does this even exist as a thing

Think of it as the legislative version of liking a post.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

HOLY poo poo, HE BANNED AN ENTIRE CLASS OF PEOPLE FROM THE ARMY!? HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo!

You're not intentionally trying to mislead people, are you?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Covok posted:

You missed the word dump earlier but apparently there are lots of people banned from the army, like people with extra testicles and cretins

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

fsif posted:

I don't know poo poo about childhood education, but is there a chance that Dylan could be a nine-year-old with a learning disability?

If this is real, he would pretty much have to be. Kindergarten is basic phonics (5-6 years old), 1st grade deals with spelling, vocabulary building, and penmanship (6-7 years old). By 2nd grade, you're usually reading Chapter Books or low-end Young Reader - poo poo like, Mouse and the Motorcycle. (7-8 years old). By third grade, you're learning cursive, more advanced vocabulary, and should be writing the basics of essays - paragraph formation, subject/predicate, and so forth (8-9 years old). Even if we're being generous, this kid has the literacy of a 1st grader.

Kale
May 14, 2010

dont even fink about it posted:

lol why does this even exist as a thing

Goddammit we're going to make it look like we agreed on something today if it's the last thing you do. Presenting motion to gauge congressional approval on the deliciousness of Ice Cream Sandwiches.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Deified Data posted:

You're not intentionally trying to mislead people, are you?

No, I just saw the tweet about all the trans people being banned. Was trying to stay away today and just saw the news.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Did they vote on skinny repeal yet?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Covok posted:

No, I just saw the tweet about all the trans people being banned. Was trying to stay away today and just saw the news.

Most of the population of the United States are not eligible to serve in the military.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Covok posted:

Yes, you need to schedule your mandatory meeting with your local death panel by close of business friday

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

SimonCat posted:

Most of the population of the United States are not eligible to serve in the military.

Surely there is not a hidden message in this recent, from-the-hip trans-ban and is in the same category as banning flat feet or gallstones.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Covok posted:

I belive they did and I believe they failed.
Shot down by senate.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Blitz7x posted:

Yes, you need to schedule your mandatory meeting with your local death panel by close of business friday

HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Hey guys I did some analysis

Oh, neat. A lost Jack the Ripper letter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Avirosb posted:

I belive they did and I believe they failed.
Shot down by senate.

No, the Skinny Repeal is currently alive and in play.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The only way that Dylan letter could be improved is if it ended with P.S. DONALD TRUMP THAI KICK

:japan::batsu:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah, the top three no no's for your average "progressive" are:

1. Black people doing literally anything about cops killing them.
2. Treating transgendered as people.
3. Casting any white comic, book, or game character as anything other than white in a film, no matter how minor the character. Sam Jackson as Nick Fury gets the only pass.

Did you confuse alt-right with progressive?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

The only way that Dylan letter could be improved is if it ended with P.S. DONALD TRUMP THAI KICK

:japan::batsu:

Ps Pee Tape is real

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Covok posted:

Yes. We know. If you want to make yourself and others feel miserable, at least try to keep up with current events.

I might just be a monster devoid of any empathy, but honestly, this thread gets a lot less interesting, when it comes to your national topics. Sure it sucks when tens of billions of people might lose their insurance. But ultimately it wont really have an effect on geopolitics. And while I do feel bad about the transgender people serving in your army, the same holds true there. All this insanity feels just like a weird TV show when I know it wont directly affect my country. On the other hand, I was legitimately in a panic in the days leading up to November and couldn't stop checking the polls and reading articles and even comments, because I knew how terrible Trump would be for the world.
Right now I am way more interested how Trump will react to the new Russian (and unfairly also Iranian) sanctions.
I guess what I'm saying is that I feel bad for not feeling as invested as before. But frankly, it feels way better and whenever I read Covok's overdone panic, it only alienates me from the real people who suffer in your country.

I genuinely ask you to stop this Covok. We all know that you only post to make others feel worse. Either you are just trolling, or you are doing your best to make everyone else feel as miserable as you do. In any case, it's only harmful without any point. Most of the time your wild predictions only feel like throwing everything at the wall so you can smugly claim "told ya" afterwards. What I like most about this thread is that, compared to most political discussions, it is very rational and calm. But you keep shouting and disturbing the flow. In a sense you are similar to Trump.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 26, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yes. We know. If you want to make yourself and others feel miserable, at least try to keep up with current events.

I might just be a monster devoid of any empathy, but honestly, this thread gets a lot less interesting, when it comes to your national topics. Sure it sucks when tens of billions of people might lose their insurance. But ultimately it wont really have an effect on geopolitics. And while I do feel bad about the transgender people serving in your army, the same holds true there. All this insanity feels just like a weird TV show when I know it wont directly affect my country. On the other hand, I was legitimately in a panic in the days leading up to November and couldn't stop checking the polls and reading articles and even comments, because I knew how terrible Trump would be for the world.
Right now I am way more interested how Trump will react to the new Russian (and unfairly also Iranian) sanctions.
I guess what I'm saying is that I feel bad for not feeling as invested as before. But frankly, it feels way better and whenever I read Covok's overdone panic, it only alienates me from the real people who suffer in your country.

I genuinely ask you to stop this Covok. We all know that you only post to make others feel worse. Either you are just trolling, or you are doing your best to make everyone else feel as miserable as you do. Either way it's only harmful without any point.

I think your feeling this way is the result of the republicans being unable to do poo poo for six months despite controlling everything. hard to take them seriously anymore

I mean I do because I have to because they're in power but I am really starting to feel like they can't do poo poo and aren't gonna do poo poo.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Holy gently caress there is so much wrong with that statement. For example it's totally possible to live with women and not rape them.

That's why he will never be alone with a woman unless his wife is there.

young, nubile, 18 year old men and women

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Did you confuse alt-right with progressive?

"I would've voted for Obama a third time if I could!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Groovelord Neato posted:

why the gently caress did he use the camera emoji

He's insane.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Covok make some more 13th Age classes already.

Covok
May 27, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

I genuinely ask you to stop this Covok. We all know that you only post to make others feel worse. Either you are just trolling, or you are doing your best to make everyone else feel as miserable as you do. In any case, it's only harmful without any point. Most of the time your wild predictions only feel like throwing everything at the wall so you can smugly claim "told ya" afterwards.

Or I'm a member of the LGBTQ+ community and freaked out when I heard he banned one of us from serving?

SimonCat posted:

Are you guys joshing me? This is clearly a discrimination based attack against an entire people! There is no reason to instate this ban other than to appease people who want all LGBTQ+ folks dead!

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Shut up

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I'm not really too familiar with American senate politics, but if they can't pass Healthcare and let's say they can't do anything about Taxes either... what are they going to do for the remaining 3 years? Keep trying ad nauseam? I'm having some trouble keeping track of how many times they've voted on what, and when/if there will be an end to them trying.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

mik posted:

I'm not really too familiar with American senate politics, but if they can't pass Healthcare and let's say they can't do anything about Taxes either... what are they going to do for the remaining 3 years? Keep trying ad nauseam? I'm having some trouble keeping track of how many times they've voted on what, and when/if there will be an end to them trying.

Fight over spending bills

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

mik posted:

Probably transition over to less hot topics to get their tax cuts off, "JOBS"-ing us for three years straight. maybe a war or two.

E. Yesterday: stop tone policing people mad at McCain

Today: Tran ban who care

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah there's always ENDLESS WAR to argue over.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Covok posted:

Or I'm a member of the LGBTQ+ community and freaked out when I heard he banned one of us from serving?

Are you guys joshing me? This is clearly a discrimination based attack against an entire people! There is no reason to instate this ban other than to appease people who want all LGBTQ+ folks dead!

None of us disagree here. You're just uselessly preaching at the choir. Do you seriously assume that any of the (serious) posters in this thread believe that there are legitimate reasons for that move? That's just plain insulting.

We get it, you're panicking, but we wont help you. Take your panic and anger to someone who actually thinks that was justified.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Koalas March posted:

"I would've voted for Obama a third time if I could!"

A highly controversial opinion.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Please commit yourself already.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mik posted:

They'll also pass a lot of laws that name local posts offices after people who died in the military.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

A highly controversial opinion.

I was pointing out that there was an entire movie released this year about racist "progressives". Get Out. You should check it out.

Progressives can be racist/transphobic like everyone else. They just tend to express it differently.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

You're trying too hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Koalas March posted:

I was pointing out that there was an entire movie released this year about racist "progressives". Get Out. You should check it out.

Progressives can be racist/transphobic like everyone else. They just tend to express it differently.

There is literally no human on earth save yourself that you don't see as racist

• Locked thread