Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pooncha posted:

:stare:

Well, that Blood Asp pilot wasn't interested in surrendering.

I don't think that was a conscious decision. Unconscious pilot flopping around the the cockpit while the mech falls musta hit something bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

It's not a big deal, but can the Phoenix Hawk be in 1137 as ordered? Opens up a few extra options for me.

Whoops, I misread that as 1337. Fixed on my map, not on the visible map. You're in 1137.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

RA Rx posted:

Nice round!

It's not a big deal, but can the Phoenix Hawk be in 1137 as ordered? Opens up a few extra options for me.

You can make it to 0734 regardless you're fiiine!

Also, man that's a really good demonstration of NEVER NOT MAX JUMP.

Those Arrows woulda missed!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
What a bloodbath.

So far out of the 20 Clan Mechwarriors who took to the field, 8 have outright died.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So that one clanner just committed suicide? Brutal.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

PoptartsNinja posted:

Whoops, I misread that as 1337. Fixed on my map, not on the visible map. You're in 1137.

Thanks!

So, now we've got an Ocean Breeze and a Wolf Spider to hunt.
Let's kill them all, ladies and gentlemen.

(as in the ones who input suicide configurations)

Gwaihir posted:

You can make it to 0734 regardless you're fiiine!

Good idea, but front side torsos are open and the LL is weak, so I'm going for a regular alpha and kicking duel.

Edit: drat, the surrendered pilot from the contracted lance really killed himself? :smith:

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 1, 2016

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Green Intern posted:

So that one clanner just committed suicide? Brutal.
Two actually. The Blood Asp opened up the cockpit and drowned, and the surrendered Swordbreaker that was feeling suicidal this whole time is now calm and dead.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

So, now we've got an Ocean Breeze and a Wolf Spider to hunt.
Let's kill them all, ladies and gentlemen.

Have fun going fishing swimming!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yup, status drowned. Also, the Naga pilot was unsurprised at the headcap.

Two active OpFor 'mechs. An annoying jumper with a big if inaccurate gun, and a near-mint Wolf Spider with 3 CERLLs .Stand and deliver?

Also, if the Screamer jumped 10 hexes rather than 11 hexes, isn't that still over the move mod threshold for +4?

Never mind, looks like 8 hexes.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 1, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Hey PTN, I should have sunk all of my built up heat this turn, shouldn't I?

Edit: And I didn't fire at the Naga, but the Swordbreaker. The numbers look like it was just a mislabel, though.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 1, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Psion posted:

The trick is, the Naga is the one who got headcapped

Did you guys know I'm actually PTN's alt

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Hmmm, maybe time for a fancy move. What if I try and push the Viper into deep water. That'll take out its HLL and mobility kill it for a round.

I think that would be a 8+ to succeed (-1 push and -1 piloting difference? And Im not sure if the +1 clanner bonus applies, but I didn't count it because I haven't noticed it in play this map).

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 1, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The HLL is in the right arm, which has intact armor.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Also god drat, the Swordbreaker pilot isn't the only one that killed themselves. The pilot of the Warhawk is gone too. What the heck is up with these guys?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Gwaihir posted:

Also god drat, the Swordbreaker pilot isn't the only one that killed themselves. The pilot of the Warhawk is gone too. What the heck is up with these guys?
The Warhawk pilot has been dead for a while. COOTS kicked his cockpit in when it lost a leg.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh, I thought he kicked the cockpit but that it wasn't enough damage to kill or something. (Or just forgot and saw the no head damage on the sheet)

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Gwaihir posted:

If you were a grognard Clanner, would you want to surrender to Space Hitler Satan?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gwaihir posted:

Remember when we determined that Clanners were twelve year olds on Xbox Live? Did you expect them to lose gracefully?

TheFlippantHam
Mar 28, 2007

YOSPOS
That could have gone better for me, and it could have been a lot worse.
So guess the Screamer has been reduced to a hopping pulse laser.

TheFlippantHam fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 1, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, time to start the long slog back. Also to shoot at random hexes because, frankly, if I don't I won't get anywhere anytime soon.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TheFlippantHam posted:

That could have gone better for me, and it could have been a lot worse.
So guess the Screamer has been reduced to a hopping pulse laser.

I wonder if Jason shouldn't just take a dunk in a part of the water the Wolf Spider definitely can't reach

His damaged cockpit plus his now average mobility make me worried

Also speaking of Jason, that's his third pilot kill this campaign and second in as many turns. Dude is not messing around

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 1, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Pattonesque posted:

I wonder if Jason shouldn't just take a dunk in a part of the water the Wolf Spider definitely can't reach

2232 breaks los from the Viper, and the Wolf Spider is still in the water so that's that one accounted for.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Does Jason have an undiscovered pilot ability for getting headshots or something? Jesus.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Olothreutes posted:

Does Jason have an undiscovered pilot ability for getting headshots or something? Jesus.

In the first one he TACed the pilot and basically took the whole Copperhead pristine, yeah?

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Nice job Flippantham!

OK, sending orders: jumping to 1031 and facing 1032, alphakick. Left Leg is the most likely route to eliminating the Viper Ocean Breeze, followed closely by double torso destruction.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 1, 2016

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

And that is why you don't let hubris guide your actions. You end up eating a pair of guided missiles to the face.

Let's mop this mess up and lick our wounds.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
On one hand, the battle is effectively over at this point.

On the other hand, it is going to take like 3-4 turns of moving into position before you can convince the last two clanners of the fact.

TheFlippantHam
Mar 28, 2007

YOSPOS

Pattonesque posted:

Also speaking of Jason, that's his third pilot kill this campaign and second in as many turns. Dude is not messing around

Got an open torso and 2 engine hits. The Phawk and I are planning to get up in the Viper's face and give a good kicking. Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

On one hand, the battle is effectively over at this point.

On the other hand, it is going to take like 3-4 turns of moving into position before you can convince the last two clanners of the fact.

I feel like this might be a good time for that reinforcement lance to appear and wrap things up

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

In the first one he TACed the pilot and basically took the whole Copperhead pristine, yeah?

The one Bethany had been driving no less.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

TheFlippantHam posted:

Got an open torso and 2 engine hits. The Phawk and I are planning to get up in the Viper's face and give a good kicking. Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Now probably isn't the best time to risk turning a crippled mech in to a dead mech. Just pull back and cool off.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Gwaihir posted:

Now probably isn't the best time to risk turning a crippled mech in to a dead mech. Just pull back and cool off.

Seriously, guys. It's not the last engagement of the last battle of the last war. Just put the Nergal between you and the enemy and start sipping mojitos.

TheFlippantHam
Mar 28, 2007

YOSPOS

TildeATH posted:

Seriously, guys. It's not the last engagement of the last battle of the last war. Just put the Nergal between you and the enemy and start sipping mojitos.

That's fair i might just pop into 1727, take my two back to back head caps and go home.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Xarbala posted:

I feel like this might be a good time for that reinforcement lance to appear and wrap things up

Oh yeah, we did have some reinforcements on the way. Where the hell are those guys.

.. unless they're here to kill US after the clanners are dead. :tinfoil:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Yep. Send up the nergal while you pull back while covering eachother. Probably the smartest move.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Zaodai posted:

Oh yeah, we did have some reinforcements on the way. Where the hell are those guys.

.. unless they're here to kill US after the clanners are dead. :tinfoil:

PTN tends to run scenarios with some understated dynamic difficulty. Had the extra star of Clanners proven too much for the company to bear, no doubt the cavalry would have come cresting over the hill at the most dramatically appropriate moment.

It turns out the players punch out CTs like apple cores, so instead they'll roll in during the post-op to marvel at what badasses we are and maybe kill the Viper offscreen if it looks like there's just going to be a bunch of turns where it jumps in circles ineffectually plinking at the Nergal.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
The blood asp was unconscious when it flooded it's cockpit. We might have some wolverines in the water.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Voyager I posted:

PTN tends to run scenarios with some understated dynamic difficulty. Had the extra star of Clanners proven too much for the company to bear, no doubt the cavalry would have come cresting over the hill at the most dramatically appropriate moment.

It turns out the players punch out CTs like apple cores, so instead they'll roll in during the post-op to marvel at what badasses we are and maybe kill the Viper offscreen if it looks like there's just going to be a bunch of turns where it jumps in circles ineffectually plinking at the Nergal.

Our mechs are shot to hell, so we could REALLY use them showing up if only to act as some ablative armor and a "Maybe you should leave" reminder to the last two mechs. Those clanners are undoubtedly going to try and cherry pick a few of our wounded, and I dont think it would be that unlikely for them, given how beat up we are.

I don't actually think they're showing up to kill us though, that was just a joke.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Well that was an interesting turn. We're down to 2 final mechs to kill!

Can I kool-aid man into the structure at 3119? Does that cost extra movement? I can't get LoS this turn so might as well move up to dip my toes in the water next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Our mechs are shot to hell, so we could REALLY use them showing up if only to act as some ablative armor and a "Maybe you should leave" reminder to the last two mechs. Those clanners are undoubtedly going to try and cherry pick a few of our wounded, and I dont think it would be that unlikely for them, given how beat up we are.

I don't actually think they're showing up to kill us though, that was just a joke.

Alternatively, PTN's been rolling for their movement off-map.

And they are all still stuck in a swamp, battleteching their way into pratfalls, and absorbing all your luck in the best show of moral support you will never ever see.

I'm not sure which hypothetical scenario I like more.

• Locked thread