Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

Am I right in remembering that it was pretty doable to level two jobs with Endwalker's MSQ if you were also doing roulettes? I vaguely remember that being a thing even if I didn't take advantage of it at the time. If so I hope that's the case in Dawntrail, too, so I don't have to choose between GNB and RDM

It's pretty easy if you're not super-rushing the MSQ or if you decide to rerun dungeons (like, say, for precious precious glams.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rewatching the job action trailer and going "gently caress yeah" to those really punchy, weighty DRK animations

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty easy if you're not super-rushing the MSQ or if you decide to rerun dungeons (like, say, for precious precious glams.)

Oh and I absolutely do

Plus one of the jobs is a tank job so dungeon queues won't be a problem

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

Everyone is comparing the new Bahamut to High Nu Gundam, but all I can see is this:

GentlemanGiant fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 16, 2024

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Replace all gap closers with the Pictomancer Slide.

Also, you know that for the first week or two after launch, Limsa will be filled with sliding Pictomancers. :D

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm most surprised overall by new Ninja, it looks super fun. I wonder if they are going to remove Huraijin since Huton is going to be a trait, or if it'll just do something new. Huton being reworked into an AoE TA enabler is cool too. It'll be tough choosing between it and Viper; Viper's job gauge looking like a monhun sharpness meter is also really badass.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 16, 2024

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm over the moon that SGE gets at least one, and possibly two, brand new DPS actions

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

I'm most surprised overall by new Ninja, it looks super fun. I wonder if they are going to remove Huraijin since Huton is going to be a trait, or if it'll just do something new. Huton being reworked into an AoE Meisui enabler is cool too. It'll be tough choosing between it and Viper; Viper's job gauge looking like a monhun sharpness meter is also really badass.

I would be surprised if Huraijin wasn't removed. It's a very situational button on one of the more button-heavy jobs in the game right now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vermain posted:

i'm over the moon that SGE gets at least one, and possibly two, brand new DPS actions

I'm extremely amused that SGE retaliated for WHM copying Icarus by straight up stealing Aero III

Could not be happier with how SGE looks either :stoked:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The site for the Dew rewards is now live, and they have a lot of rewards that cost a lot of points. The Zu is only 600 points, though, or 6 bottles of green piss

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Klewer posted:

I would be surprised if Huraijin wasn't removed. It's a very situational button on one of the more button-heavy jobs in the game right now.

Yeah it's definitely a prime candidate for being cut now that Huton is a trait. I can't imagine anything interesting for it to do, it's just a weird bump on the skillset that you never want to press. It looks like Armor Crush as a finisher gives Kunai meter that you spend with Aeolian Edge as a finisher from what I can see, though?

e: Mug was replaced with the Poison Spit thing

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Sad to hear the Viper has a debuff you have to apply just like Reaper. Reaper has enough button bloat that it really doesn't need an extra 2 buttons to apply a debuff, and it makes me less than hopeful about playing Viper.

This, when they just removed the buff upkeep mechanic from Monk (which pleases me).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

The site for the Dew rewards is now live, and they have a lot of rewards that cost a lot of points. The Zu is only 600 points, though, or 6 bottles of green piss

So like somewhere around $15-18 depending, or standard mount price just more annoying.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Sad to hear the Viper has a debuff you have to apply just like Reaper. Reaper has enough button bloat that it really doesn't need an extra 2 buttons to apply a debuff, and it makes me less than hopeful about playing Viper.

This, when they just removed the buff upkeep mechanic from Monk (which pleases me).

A genuine tip:

Just make a macro that changes single-target to multi-target and vice-versa on Reaper. You can swap at a button tap and there is no reason to have both on your bar.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

ImpAtom posted:

So like somewhere around $15-18 depending, or standard mount price just more annoying.

Where do you live that a 20 oz is $2.50-3? Holy moly. In NYC at my local bodega they're $2.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah I was going to say, these aren't 2-liters, these are the 20oz bottles they sell in the cooler at gas stations. They aren't that expensive. Yet.

Also the location-specific ones (like the Overcharge flavor they only sell at Caseys) are double points. 200 per bottle

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Couple things I am noticing on rewatch that haven't been talked about.

I'm reasonably sure the mch does bioblaster within the drill cooldown, so either they've decoupled them or drill/bioblaster is getting charges. (I didn't pay much attention during the ranged phys section tbh so if this was covered I may have just missed it).

Blm thunder was instant cast with no apparent proc.

Whm throws a shield on the paladin when the minotaur does it's big spin attack. I'm pretty sure every instance of that spin attack has knockback and the paladin didn't move.

Pict spell effects rule.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yoshi-P please give us a Baja Biast

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Couple things I am noticing on rewatch that haven't been talked about.

I'm reasonably sure the mch does bioblaster within the drill cooldown, so either they've decoupled them or drill/bioblaster is getting charges. (I didn't pay much attention during the ranged phys section tbh so if this was covered I may have just missed it).

Blm thunder was instant cast with no apparent proc.

Whm throws a shield on the paladin when the minotaur does it's big spin attack. I'm pretty sure every instance of that spin attack has knockback and the paladin didn't move.

Pict spell effects rule.

They mentioned Drill getting charges

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Where do you live that a 20 oz is $2.50-3? Holy moly. In NYC at my local bodega they're $2.

My city has a Soda Tax.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

Oh man, some of the things you can get...

FFXIV x Puma Icon Hoodie - White, FFXIV x Puma Gaming Hoodie - White, FFXIV x Puma Sweat Pants - Black, and FFXIV x Puma Sweat Pants - White: 20,000 Points each (100 bottles of the "special" flavors, or 200 regular flavors)
FFXIV x Puma Gaming Tee, FFXIV x Puma Icon Tee: 9,000 Points each (45/90 bottles)
5 Pots of Metallic Orange, Blue, or Green Dyes: 200 Points each (1/2 bottle(s) each)
Mountain Zew Mount: 600 Points (3/6 bottles)
Sparkling Citrus Refreshment: 100 Points (1 bottle)
Final Fantasy XIV Taito Prize Minion Figurine - Alisaie, Final Fantasy XIV Taito Prize Minion Figurine - Alphinaud, Final Fantasy XIV Plush - Wind-up Nu Mou, and Final Fantasy XIV Plush - Wind-up Fuath: 4,000 Points each (20/40 bottles each)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I can't get over how great Pictomancer's spell effects look. I mean I expected them to look good but not that good. I'm gonna be real happy to see those effects all over the place for a while

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rosalind posted:

Chicago is closer to $3 a bottle these days, it's awful.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...I think I need an Artist for Dummies guide cause I still can't parse how Pictomancer works exactly.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...I think I need an Artist for Dummies guide cause I still can't parse how Pictomancer works exactly.
https://twitter.com/85Jsh/status/1791107932303569362

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Omfg I just noticed on rewatching the job actions trailer to Samurai, the new Midare

It's Art of the Storm/Swell/Sword. We stole a move from Zenos :aaaaa:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Hunter Noventa posted:

It sounds a little more interactive than Reaper's thing at least, where you're responding to buff/debuff application in a way that might be more like Dancer procs.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I am looking forward to poorly playing micromancer

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

as far as i can tell, you have several Draw abilities that you cast and which are then held in reserve in one of the three picture slots on the gauge, and activating one of the slots will activate that specific Draw effect. there's some other business with the moogle and bob moss that i can't quite figure out, though it looks like they might be an RNG proc of some kind that you respond to

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vermain posted:

as far as i can tell, you have several Draw abilities that you cast and which are then held in reserve in one of the three picture slots on the gauge, and activating one of the slots will activate that specific Draw effect. there's some other business with the moogle and bob moss that i can't quite figure out, though it looks like they might be an RNG proc of some kind that you respond to

I think it's as you use the non-landscape art spells you get stickers and 2 stickers gives you a mogbeam and 3 gives you a frog monster. Since it seemed to show wings, hammer and pom "stickers" to make the monsters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think it's as you use the non-landscape art spells you get stickers and 2 stickers gives you a mogbeam and 3 gives you a frog monster. Since it seemed to show wings, hammer and pom "stickers" to make the monsters.

And then Claws > Jaws will clear it, and let you restart.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

warrior looks perfect. just more bigger hits is all i need to be happy, and looked like maybe an upgraded vengeance or something? I didnt recognize the purple defensive used

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Naw, there's a progression of animal stickers that goes pom > wings (unlocks the moogle nuke) > paw > bite (final nuke, wmadeen shows on gauge). The hammer goes in the middle weapon box.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 16, 2024

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I don't think there's a frog, unless I missed it. It's Madeen.

https://twitter.com/heyjamesday/status/1791114518271054140?t=AgyepWNeM0IgjRKHElMt7Q

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chillgamesh posted:

Omfg I just noticed on rewatching the job actions trailer to Samurai, the new Midare

It's Art of the Storm/Swell/Sword. We stole a move from Zenos :aaaaa:

Add it to the list

WoL really is just Fantasy Goku

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Onean posted:

https://twitter.com/heyjamesday/status/1791114518271054140?t=AgyepWNeM0IgjRKHElMt7Q

oh my god :worship: FF9 expansion delivers

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Onean posted:

It is. I know chat was flying with people saying Madeen, and I think it was confirmed by Yoshi-P...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Onean posted:

Correct, they even mentioned it's Madeen.

Creature motifs seem like the class's analogue to ninjutsu/iaijutsu/etc. Weapon is a mobility CD (rendering your hammer had a minute CD/2 charges). Landscape is your raidwide.

The part that I didn't get was the paint gauge, but I imagine that'll be clearer once we have a better picture (:haw:) of the abilities, tooltips, etc.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is anyone going to collect the caps too?

I'm thinking about that hoodie, Alphy doll, minion/mount, and maybe plush :shobon:

It's a shame I mostly drink seltzer nowadays.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The challenging thing about sussing out PCT rotation is no potenties. Like is Hammer worth casting in-combat or is it only worth it during downtime phases? Impossible to say.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

finally cleared TEA tonight :)

NICE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Three Xenoglossies? I can definitely save one for movement then (I will not save one for movement healers adjust)!