Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Hey if you want to email me back about that deal to buy MOTUC figures it's been a few weeks and I'm still hoping.

I thought I did! Whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

I thought I did! Whoops!

What have you still got left?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

Ummm, they are in a rubbermaid tub in my garage. I will check in a bit and get back to you.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

So allegedly Sectaurs is going to get a revival. This got me looking on Ebay and the toys did not age well as the selection of available figures is pretty crappy. Not too surprised though, if memory serves the winged beats lovely wings were broken within a few days of owning them.

I immediately searched for Sectaurs-related news when I read that, but all I could find was a toy news site that misinterpreted the launch of a fan site as something more. I don't think anybody should get their hopes up.

I always liked those toys, though. That was a major source of inspiration when I was planning that Princess What's Her Name figure. On the off-chance that somebody does decide to do new Sectaurs toys, they should hire me to sculpt them. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

4 Adoras (my dad found some in Ohio and went nuts)
2 Clawfuls
2 Count Marzos
1 Battleground Teela
1 Grizzlor
2 Faceless Ones
3 Icarius

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I immediately searched for Sectaurs-related news when I read that, but all I could find was a toy news site that misinterpreted the launch of a fan site as something more. I don't think anybody should get their hopes up.

I always liked those toys, though. That was a major source of inspiration when I was planning that Princess What's Her Name figure. On the off-chance that somebody does decide to do new Sectaurs toys, they should hire me to sculpt them. :D

I'm friends with the owner of a vintage toy store and he seemed pretty convinced that Sectaurs were coming back. Sucks that it's just rumors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I need some advice on this display setup. I bought an IKEA Detolf just to display the cape in. This is how I currently have it setup.

But I kind of want to change it up, maybe push the cape up like this

Because then I can use the bottom two shelves. But it looks a little crappy with it all bunched up. So my other idea is to push the cape to the back of the case and put all three shelves in. sort of like this

If I did that I'd push the hanging bar all the way to the back as well. And then I'd just put a few choice Superman items on those shelves.

Thoughts?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This cheery pair arrived over the weekend:

With the exception of Huntress' bland expression and the production code on her inner boot and no actual Smiley face on Comedian's button, I don't have any complaints about these two. They're arguably the best offerings to ever come out of the DC subs, the amount of new parts for both of them is way more than Matty's standard fare and they've both got enough going on to make up for the limitations of the bodies.

All of their weapons (Huntress' Bow, Comedian's Shotgun & the arm of his flamethrower, which has tanks that fit nicely in his back) are made of a softer plastic more prone to bending, but that lends to easier manipulation in their hands and better poses (Comedian wouldn't hold a rigid shotgun near as well as the bendy ones).

If more of their figures were like these two instead of the millionth rehash of "standard painted buck with new head" then maybe CIE would've survived. Then again, if the lines weren't clearly struggling a year ago they probably wouldn't have gone as balls out with these two as they did.

I made an album with other shots and some gear closeups.

Rhyno posted:

Thoughts?

This one. Some choice pieces backed by the cape would look very nice.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yup, cape as a backdrop.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Yup, cape as a backdrop.

3rding this. It's perfect. Then you need a Bizarro cape for the other side. :)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sanschel posted:

This cheery pair arrived over the weekend:

The Comedian is the first DCUC figure I've seen in a few years that I've wanted to own. I really like the head-sculpt and although I recognize a few standard pieces, they're used pretty well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Here's the cape as a backdrop with the shelves in place.

Not sure if I'm feeling this yet. Just gotta decide what's going where.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Don't have the top shelf in there and cinch up the cape a bit if you can, then put something large that won't obscure the emblem on the middle shelf, like a particularly tall statue of him in flight if you've got it (or if there's a way to pose a Hot Toys mid-launch that it won't topple over).

With the top shelf as-is, anything you put there is going to detract from the cape emblem, which should be the focal point of that case.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

Don't have the top shelf in there and cinch up the cape a bit if you can, then put something large that won't obscure the emblem on the middle shelf, like a particularly tall statue of him in flight if you've got it (or if there's a way to pose a Hot Toys mid-launch that it won't topple over).

With the top shelf as-is, anything you put there is going to detract from the cape emblem, which should be the focal point of that case.

I'd originally bought a case just for the cape, it looked cool, sort of like a display from the Fortress of Solitude. But I keep buying poo poo so space is kind of at a premium. I don't want to buy another case if I can help it so that's what got me thinking maybe I should do it like this. Kind of torn on it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'd originally bought a case just for the cape, it looked cool, sort of like a display from the Fortress of Solitude. But I keep buying poo poo so space is kind of at a premium. I don't want to buy another case if I can help it so that's what got me thinking maybe I should do it like this. Kind of torn on it.

Like he said, pull the cape up so you don't see the neck hole. Right now it looks like Supes just got it back from the cleaners on a hanger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Like he said, pull the cape up so you don't see the neck hole. Right now it looks like Supes just got it back from the cleaners on a hanger.

I've been messing with it but the hanging system I've come up with isn't very adjustable. There's channels in the cape that work with the original display and that's what I'm using. I'll take some detailed pics tomorrow.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yes!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I like it, but I think the symbol need to be more visible. Doesn't matter whether you move it up or down, just as long as it's not obscured by a shelf.

(ball's in your court on the MOTUC emails btw)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I like it, but I think the symbol need to be more visible. Doesn't matter whether you move it up or down, just as long as it's not obscured by a shelf.

(ball's in your court on the MOTUC emails btw)

I was working on my cabinets yesterday! I need to grab a box to mail your stuff and I will email you details and whatnot tonight!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

4 Adoras (my dad found some in Ohio and went nuts)
2 Clawfuls
2 Count Marzos
1 Battleground Teela
1 Grizzlor
2 Faceless Ones
3 Icarius

I'm friends with the owner of a vintage toy store and he seemed pretty convinced that Sectaurs were coming back. Sucks that it's just rumors.

I don't have PM, but... what might you want for a Grizzlor? I passed on him when I saw one, but the figure's grown on me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Red posted:

I don't have PM, but... what might you want for a Grizzlor? I passed on him when I saw one, but the figure's grown on me.

I just made a deal on him (on most of my leftovers actually) last night. Unless I had already been emailing with you everything's pretty much spoken for.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Did NECA lose the TF2 license already?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cheesus posted:

Did NECA lose the TF2 license already?

No, 3A does 1/6 scale Valve stuff, and mostly robot things anyway.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I was going through my attic the other day and I found this old thing.

I didn't even realize I had one.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 19, 2013

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

That is so awesome.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Xenomrph posted:

Some of NECA's stuff is pretty darn good, especially for the price point.

As for a 6" figure that captures the character, here you go:

IT'S READIN' RIGHT, MAN... LOOK!!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Tokyo has a really cool Iron Man exhibit going on right now sponsored by Hot Toys.

Hot Toys’ Iron Man 300% The Exhibition

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Holy licensing blitz, Batman! You'll never guess what just went up for preorder on Sideshow!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I've been messing with it but the hanging system I've come up with isn't very adjustable. There's channels in the cape that work with the original display and that's what I'm using. I'll take some detailed pics tomorrow.

Maybe you could use clothespins or some other non-piercing fixtures to fold up the neck-hanging portion?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

Holy licensing blitz, Batman! You'll never guess what just went up for preorder on Sideshow!

Reasonable prices too... but I want both! :(

Ah, can't help but to pull the trigger on those. loving Hot Toys....

T-800 damage coming soon, Robocop, now those... what else is next!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 6, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

if anybody's into these, they're up now at Bambaland, and the retail release won't have boxing glove hands.

Already grabbed mine, was contemplating getting the set if two but had a moment of clarity and settled on blue. Hope my Portal 2 robots from 3A are done soon.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

thelaughingman posted:

I was going through my attic the other day and I found this old thing.

I didn't even realize I had one.

This reminded me how much fun I had playing with "Mutagen Ooze" goop when I was a kid.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

There's someone at the door! Who could it be?

"Ooh a camera, make sure to get my good side!"

"You did get my good side didn't you?"

"DIDN'T YOU?"

"I feel like we got off on the wrong foot. Put 'er there, pal!"

"What's that, you want to see my socks? Fresh! Well, just a peek for you, but don't go telling Batsy I'm flashing just any old Tom, Dick, and Harry!"

"Say kid, what say we go for a night on the town!"

"I said we're going out, now put on a coat!"

"Don't be so skittish, chum! We'll have a swell time!"

"Get some seafood..."

"Play some card games..."

"And end the night with a bang!"

This is hands down the best figure Sideshow's ever produced. You can really tell their association with Hot Toys has paid off. There's so much detail, the clothes are so perfectly tailored, it just makes for an awesome piece. The spats aren't actually attached to his shoes so they don't hinder his ankle motion any, which is good because his one flaw is being knobby-kneed; it's a bit of a challenge to get him standing the way you want and he's a little topple prone, so he's not really a "display sans base" figure.

Of his accessories, parts of the revolver, the pole for the BANG!, and the dynamite fuse are all metal, the latter one being somewhat bendable so you can pose him lighting it in different ways. There's four different Joker cards and the lighter has a Joker insignia, the lapel flower is a sculpted piece pinned to his jacket, his argyle socks, the shimmering scales on the Jokerfish.

I was hoping this figure would be as good as it looked in previews but it absolutely blows me away how well he was done. Here's hoping they keep it up for the rest of the line.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 1, 2013

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That makes me excited for their Darth Vader coming out in January.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Sanschel posted:

There's someone at the door! Who could it be?
Its Mistah J!

Oh my. That is marvellous and beautiful, and totally beyond my means :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm getting out of Marvel Universe figures so my entire collection is up for sale. 84 figures in all, all MISB or MOSC. Only one Sentinel picture but I have two for sale. I'd love to sell it as a lot, here's the gallery.

http://imgur.com/a/0V4Ru

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Rage posted:

I'm getting out of Marvel Universe figures so my entire collection is up for sale. 84 figures in all, all MISB or MOSC. Only one Sentinel picture but I have two for sale. I'd love to sell it as a lot, here's the gallery.

I'm interested in a few of those if you want to part it out: Jean Grey, 35th anniversary pack, uncanny pack, professor x, and FF spidy.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Diddler posted:

I'm interested in a few of those if you want to part it out: Jean Grey, 35th anniversary pack, uncanny pack, professor x, and FF spidy.

Sure thing, PM sent.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

What do you want for Angel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Good Smile Company at the NYCC