Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Moose Bigelow posted:

I was warned by the guy taking me over there to never EVER disrespect Hogan in front of the big show.

Ask him why you shouldn't disrespect Hogan in front of him.

Also, why you shouldn't show Triple H in a vulnerable position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

Moose Bigelow posted:

I was warned by the guy taking me over there to never EVER disrespect Hogan in front of the big show.

You pretty much have to now, just to report the result of what transpires.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Does ROH draw more people than TNA does at house shows (or generally I guess)? In everything I've seen of ROH (I'll admit I don't watch it regularly), the crowds seem to be pretty large and really heated.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Professor Funk posted:

Does ROH draw more people than TNA does at house shows (or generally I guess)? In everything I've seen of ROH (I'll admit I don't watch it regularly), the crowds seem to be pretty large and really heated.

Yes but they run far less shows (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) as far as I know.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

On the last couple episodes of RAW, Maryse has been wearing shirts that are actually three separate pieces of shirt. Why?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

CSammich posted:

On the last couple episodes of RAW, Maryse has been wearing shirts that are actually three separate pieces of shirt. Why?
:pressedbunny:

What are some specific instances of Kaval keeping kayfabe? I hear a lot that he doesn't like to break it, but would like some specific examples.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wojtek posted:

:pressedbunny:

What are some specific instances of Kaval keeping kayfabe? I hear a lot that he doesn't like to break it, but would like some specific examples.

Everything I've heard indicates that, like Ric Flair, if you're not a wrestler yourself then he gets offended if you walk up to him and start dropping "insider terms" like you're a wrestler yourself.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Everything I've heard indicates that, like Ric Flair, if you're not a wrestler yourself then he gets offended if you walk up to him and start dropping "insider terms" like you're a wrestler yourself.

Also Arn Anderson will never break kayfabe, even if its for a documentary its still real.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Burrito posted:

Ask him why you shouldn't disrespect Hogan in front of him.

This one is probably pretty easy. I'm pretty sure Hogan helped Big Show break into the business.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This one is probably pretty easy. I'm pretty sure Hogan helped Big Show break into the business.

Ya that is what I heard too, that Hogan saw him working out and told him he could be a wrestler. Also a serious question - ask him what it was like acting in the holiday classic Jingle all the way

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Professor Funk posted:

Sometimes. TNA ranges from 500-1500 for house shows while ROH ranges from 400-1,500. TNA's average lately is around 900 while ROH's is probably 750.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TNA just happens to book giant venues so they still look like boobs.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CSammich posted:

Because it looks good. Quelle démodé...

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I figure this could either go here or the indie thread and since I have this thread open...

Here's a bit of a random question: What's the deal with Kaiju Big Battel? I mean obviously a very small percentage of their appeal is actual in ring wrestling, but are there legit indie workers under some of their costumes, or are they pretty much a self-contained group of guys who do their own thing?

Also, I recall some talk a year or two ago about some CHIKARA/Kaiju co-promoted show where the Kaiju guys made themselves pretty unpopular backstage. Then someone posted about how there was some internal drama in Kaiju. Was that just goosip or was there more to it than that?

Basically: Tell me about Kaiju Big Battel.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Moose Bigelow posted:

Hypothetically if a goon were to be invited to Big Show's house what should this goon ask him besides "is Andre really your dad?"?

How much steak can you eat in one sitting?

Do you get more attention from the ladies due to your size, or more concern/hesitancy?

What is the most expensive thing you have ever broken?

Is it very difficult for you to go to Japan?

If you were not a wrestler, what would you most like to do in life?

What is your favorite flavor of Ice Cream?

Do you think you could defeat Pillman's toilet accomplishment? If so, would you show Good Ol' JR?

How did you go from being a little boring in the ring to being loving awesome? Was it a conscious decision?

How light was the lightest (by weight, not complexion) woman you've ever slept with?

Do you ever get sick of being compared to Andre?

Do you ever explain to WWE Management that you are way better as a funny and sarcastic giant than as an unstoppable monster?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beeswax posted:

I figure this could either go here or the indie thread and since I have this thread open...

Here's a bit of a random question: What's the deal with Kaiju Big Battel? I mean obviously a very small percentage of their appeal is actual in ring wrestling, but are there legit indie workers under some of their costumes, or are they pretty much a self-contained group of guys who do their own thing?

Also, I recall some talk a year or two ago about some CHIKARA/Kaiju co-promoted show where the Kaiju guys made themselves pretty unpopular backstage. Then someone posted about how there was some internal drama in Kaiju. Was that just gossip or was there more to it than that?

Basically: Tell me about Kaiju Big Battel.

Here's what I know of Kaiju. It's run out of Boston and is a performance troupe and not an actual wrestling organization. I haven't seen anything about Chikara having heat with Kaiju, but Kaiju did run a program with Chris Hero, and I know Chikara is at odds with Hero.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why is Chikara at odds with Hero?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

LividLiquid posted:

Also, why are they at odds with Punk?

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Rumor is Hero started dating Shane Storm's (Stigma) ex-girlfriend and Quack is a baby like that.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Meat Recital posted:

Also, why are they at odds with Punk?

Long story short, Punk wrestled at a couple of their earliest shows, then started no-showing. They decided to take the piss by making CP Munk, later adding Colt Cabunny and Ace Panda. Colt Cabana and Ace Steel loved it, Punk's response was, and I quote:

"Some days I get real pissed about it, because it's disrespectful. [...] Most other days I just laugh it off because nobody from Chikara will ever be over enough anywhere for anybody else to parody them."

In short, :smug:.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Ask Big Show if he'll ever bring back the Captain Insano gimmick.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Long story short, Punk wrestled at a couple of their earliest shows, then started no-showing. They decided to take the piss by making CP Munk, later adding Colt Cabunny and Ace Panda. Colt Cabana and Ace Steel loved it, Punk's response was, and I quote:

"Some days I get real pissed about it, because it's disrespectful. [...] Most other days I just laugh it off because nobody from Chikara will ever be over enough anywhere for anybody else to parody them."

In short, :smug:.

best part: he was 100% right.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The A-Team Van posted:

I don't think it was ever used outside the Waterboy. But, then again, I didn't watch much WCW.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

dusty udder smoker posted:

About no-showing?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

dusty udder smoker posted:

Why would someone parody a comedy character?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dylar Addict posted:

Why would someone parody a comedy character?

Mike "Comedy" Quackenbush

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare
There's a guy I often see facing the hard camera at many wrestling events, I know I've seen him in WWE and ECW (and at their payperviews too). He has long black hair, a goatee/mustache, and he always has sunglasses on.

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Salt In The Wound posted:

There's a guy I often see facing the hard camera at many wrestling events, I know I've seen him in WWE and ECW (and at their payperviews too). He has long black hair, a goatee/mustache, and he always has sunglasses on.

Does anyone know anything about this guy?
Is he the one that people refer to as "Faith No More Guy"? Not sure about that nickname but I definitely recognize the guy you're talking about. I'm not sure if he actually followed WWF around the country or anything like that... but I think he was in the NYC area so he'd end up on all the MSG or Manhattan Center tapings in the front row, which adds up to a ton of TV time in the late '90s. Haven't seen him lately but I think he was at One Night Stand.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Does he still have the Captain Insano costume?

The A-Team Van posted:

Way to read the thread, Van.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Ask him to bring back his shooting star press

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I am listening to a podcast and they were just talking about Big Show being able to perform a moonsault and dropkicks in his early WCW days and how Hogan told him:"You're a giant,brother!You don't need to do those moves."
Who knows how true this story is?
The Podcast hosts were implying that Hogan was playing his normal games and not wanting Big Show to outshine him.The podcasters also seemed to think it would have been great to see Show performing these moves regularly.In my opinion,Hogan was giving Show good advice,even if for the wrong reasons.With Show's size I think those moves would have,if not seriously injured him then,they would have repercussions on his career longevity,not to mention his overall health and mobility in the future.
I would like to hear others' thoughts on this and also if anyone knows the validity of this story.
If someone wants to listen to this podcast it is the 6/01/10 episode of Pro Wrestling Insider.The part I'm referring to takes place around the 35:00 minute mark.Sorry that I currently don't know how to provide links.

savinhill fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 3, 2010

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Way to read the thread, Van.

"Gimmick" and "costume" are different :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

savinhill posted:

I am listening to a podcast and they were just talking about Big Show being able to perform a moonsault and dropkicks in his early WCW days and how Hogan told him:"You're a giant,brother!You don't need to do those moves."
Who knows how true this story is?
The Podcast hosts were implying that Hogan was playing his normal games and not wanting Big Show to outshine him.The podcasters also seemed to think it would have been great to see Show performing these moves regularly.In my opinion,Hogan was giving Show good advice,even if for the wrong reasons.With Show's size I think those moves would have,if not seriously injured him then,they would have repercussions on his career longevity,not to mention his overall health and mobility in the future.
I would like to hear others' thoughts on this and also if anyone knows the validity of this story.
If someone wants to listen to this podcast it is the 6/01/10 episode of Pro Wrestling Insider.The part I'm referring to takes place around the 35:00 minute mark.Sorry that I currently don't know how to provide links.

I have heard the stories that he could do a moonsault in his Power Plant days since he was in WCW so if a goon were to go to his house and ask him this, it would be the question of the century.

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare

Minidust posted:

Is he the one that people refer to as "Faith No More Guy"? Not sure about that nickname but I definitely recognize the guy you're talking about. I'm not sure if he actually followed WWF around the country or anything like that... but I think he was in the NYC area so he'd end up on all the MSG or Manhattan Center tapings in the front row, which adds up to a ton of TV time in the late '90s. Haven't seen him lately but I think he was at One Night Stand.

Google searches confirm, my fan in question as Faith No More guy. Though there doesn't seem to be any info for him.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If Big Show had done a moonsault on anyone under 300 pounds they would have died so it was the right decision from that standpoint.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Hey, Big Show, how many fish can you name?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I definitely agree with Hogan with regards to the moonsault. Maybe do it once or twice to get it in your highlight reel for the rest of your career, but we saw him get bigger and bigger, and if he had kept doing moonsaults, someone would have died.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CVagts posted:

I definitely agree with Hogan with regards to the moonsault. Maybe do it once or twice to get it in your highlight reel for the rest of your career, but we saw him get bigger and bigger, and if he had kept doing moonsaults, someone would have died.

He wouldn't have been able to walk five years later if he kept doing moonsaults. But I have my doubts that it ever happened, and if he did moonsaults it was just on crash pads at the power plant.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

He wouldn't have been able to walk five years later if he kept doing moonsaults. But I have my doubts that it ever happened, and if he did moonsaults it was just on crash pads at the power plant.

dont forget he was much leaner than he is now when he was picked up for training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hogan's right, after all it boggles our mind just to see Big Show do a rope-assisted kip-up, there's no need for him to be doing such high-risk moves when he can make the crowd :aaa: with relatively straight-forward stuff.