Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

tactical yoga pants

Still more appropriate than Lesion's silly-rear end knickerbockers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lesion put some pants on dude. It's embarrassing

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Been seeing a lot of people fall through the floor since this patch came out, anyone else seeing this poo poo?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Been seeing a lot of people fall through the floor since this patch came out, anyone else seeing this poo poo?

Haven't seen this but I have seen people get trapped vaulting/ziplining in, getting stuck, and then crashing out when the game freaks out.

I've also noticed weird stuff like whatever the gently caress this is:
https://streamable.com/n2pl6

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Lesion > Ela

The scorpion is good and all, but Gu Mines seem to trump all the other defenders in terms of versatility. I keep finding new ways to be a bastard with them, it's great.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love tactical jorts.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
At least Ela doesn't get dead, soulless stares like the other girls:

All I got from her was this:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The new lighting makes the faces look so soft and low res.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i like that you can see lesion's traps on the HUD, great feature for intel

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

rap music posted:

i like that you can see lesion's traps on the HUD, great feature for intel

Serioulsy, I thought that this is gonna become the standard for other trap ops. Well I guess Kapkan doesn't need it, but it would be great for Frost.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Speaking of weird bugs:
http://i.imgur.com/xK90TYK.mp4

I'd only just joined, so everything was still loading in

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

YOU WERE LIKE A BROTHER TO ME!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I can't recall ever noticing a level up before. Where almost every other game has a screeching guitar solo, visual pat on the back, and usually something to put that xp toward. On level up, you should get a 50% bonus to alpha pack chance or somewhere around there. Cosmetics are popular as gently caress and some of them should be a little cheaper.

Have smoke's goggles always had as many polygon's as an n64 game? I got merked by him and the highlight looked garish, his goggles were like octagons. The faces do look kinda gorm-y now, even after cranking shadow quality and textures. I turned LOD to max but I'm pretty sure that's mostly to do with map assets, but even then, up close some of the models look pasty.

Also twitch's DMR is heckin' fun

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOZ1ryf8D0

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Jedrick posted:

Lesion > Ela

The scorpion is good and all, but Gu Mines seem to trump all the other defenders in terms of versatility. I keep finding new ways to be a bastard with them, it's great.

Gu mines on frost traps are a power combo.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
none of the new abilities feel "OP" which is the best thing about the operation because I don't think every new character needs to be Hibana/Valk tier.

Lesion contributes to the defense better for sure and a great choice for ppl that like to anchor down safely behind the front lines.

but i love hiding traps while roaming. certainly not the most effective way to win but its more exciting than sitting in the obj for hours with my ear to the wall

you throw her mines like valk cams and ppl who dove into the black eye rabbithole can already tell you that finding new ways to hide that poo poo is one if the most infinitely refreshing things in the game

you can throw them on desks and they will look like beer bottles, near electronic devices and they blend right in, AND you get the option to stick them horizontally on walls or even the ceiling. they need to bring this level of tweaking to tripmines in the future.

have yet to see a single non-IQ shoot one of my Grzm0t mines, though that may have more to do with the fact that i played Kapkan a lot which will kinda force you how to learn how to hide poo poo like that in plain sight. but the cool thing about Ela is that she can do all of this on the fly with her real specialty being improvisation.

but yeah the scorpion will likely get the same nerf jackal's rifle did after wide release

:frogsiren:

Kikas posted:

Serioulsy, I thought that this is gonna become the standard for other trap ops. Well I guess Kapkan doesn't need it, but it would be great for Frost.

its because they have tiny MkI Clancycloak™ systems built in (check Clancyverse wiki for more details). See also: Echo's drone

hud indicators for kap/frost are kinda overkill imo. you only get a select few to deploy and they are very crude low tech. there's only 1 yokai but it can cruise around

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Party Plane Jones posted:

I've also noticed weird stuff like whatever the gently caress this is:
https://streamable.com/n2pl6

I was getting this a few times trying to go prone in corners

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Nice that the attacker who carries a machinegun is a woman. The buff manly attacker and slinky lady defender was a bit annoying.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Part of me expected something about transvestitism the other day when I saw the words "trap siege"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Vahakyla posted:

Nice that the attacker who carries a machinegun is a woman. The buff manly attacker and slinky lady defender was a bit annoying.

Valkyrie is not exactly slinky

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Part of me expected something about transvestitism the other day when I saw the words "trap siege"

ubisoft is definitely paying someone to obsessively calculate tacticool character diversity. too bad they already missed the opportunity to do an elite transgender blackbeard skin though...

still waiting on the black lesbian muslim operator that wasn't even born in the country their CTU is from

tjones
May 13, 2005
Valk is probably a trap. Ubi just finished another round of cosmetic surgery.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Valkyrie is not exactly slinky

Neither is Frost

Or Echo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Draxion posted:

Neither is Frost

Or Echo

Listen, I know Echo is bishounen as heck, but he's a guy

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Listen, I know Echo is bishounen as heck, but he's a guy

That's my point, he's neither slinky nor female. He sounds like he's wearing a trash can for armor when he runs.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thief posted:

ubisoft is definitely paying someone to obsessively calculate tacticool character diversity. too bad they already missed the opportunity to do an elite transgender blackbeard skin though...

still waiting on the black lesbian muslim operator that wasn't even born in the country their CTU is from

Lady Blackbeard would be great

As would the black lesbian muslim operator. I had some crack about her reclaiming the word Sharmouti but thought better of it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

2018 will bring us the :australia: counter terrorism unit (TAG) featuring a Perth born defender with a Chinese mother and Japanese father. Romantically involved with Lesion from 2016-2018.

Special ability? Boomerang UAV.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

New attacker ability: calls a gunship to patrol the skies and loving obliterate anyone who runs outside

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I hear the Aussies have a significant Vietnamese population.

A Vietnamese Australian guy with mutton chops and a boomerang uav would be bonzer

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

my new favorite thing in this game is a ultra tacticool ying breach

put a breach on a window, place a flashy orb next to it on the same window, then swing in while breaching as the flashy orb does magic

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Ying will probably the most picked of the new ops for proleague cyber athletes that know every drone hole and can bust a 360 double dazzler while dropping from hatch with perfect aim

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So what was this 45 mb hotfix about?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Kikas posted:

So what was this 45 mb hotfix about?

They're patching Operation Health back in.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Given how ideologically horrible this game is already, they should really lean in and give us IRGC or SAA operators alongside the murderous cast of war criminals we already have in the game.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol if there is ever a defender that can grab an attacker from behind and use them as a shield

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
An MI6 agent with the special ability to bed the female OPs and Hostages.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

be advised sledge is already in the game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

double agent defender that can temporarily appear as friendly

gravity boots attacker that can walk on the ceiling and walls

fart sounds defender that can hack enemy comms and just play tons of fart sounds

ninja attacker that is a totally silent 4 speed but only gets a katana

illusion magic defender where you can transform into like a table or computer but it's kinda lovely looking for balance

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Thief posted:

lol if there is ever a defender that can grab an attacker from behind and use them as a shield

I look forward to a Siege version of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMIkKE17bs

*EDIT*

Sweet more backseat op ideas.

Attacker OP: Sam Fisher

Has no lethal weapons, is played in third person, has all moves that he had in his prime (Chaos Theory), can interrogate people like Caviera. Only way he can kill someone is after an interrogation.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

decoy defender that has a gadget that remotely makes gun sounds

santa claus defender that restocks ammo, nades, and gadgets

sphinx defender you can only plant the diffuser or grab the hostage after answering a riddle

spring shoes attacker that can jump up through hatches

• Locked thread