Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yoooo the stupid wiki said STukov today, where is Stukov blizzard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Patch probably hasn't dropped yet if that is the case. Blizz is on west coast time.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

garthoneeye posted:

What region are you in?

Non-NA regions got their boxes added to NA. Blizzard claimed to be working to fix it.

I'm in EU, that must be it then. I guess I'll get them at some point, I hope.

Thanks for the D.Va advice, I had a few good matches with her but a few other ones where we were absolutely destroyed and I felt like i had no power to do anything, which I haven't had with any other hero for a while now. I guess she also depends quite a lot on the performance of the other team members (particularly, CC for when you blow yourself up) for her own damage.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Supposed patch note scoop with orange text:

https://blizztrack.com/patch_notes/heroes_of_the_storm/55288

Changes from PTR:
Malth nerf
Tyrande overall buff but nerf to Mark of Mending
Anub locust swarm (almost) same damage and healing but in a shorter time, cocoon + base stats + epicenter radius nerf
Murky Egg Hunt stealth bug fixed

e: confirmed with real patch notes: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20888403/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-july-11-2017-7-11-2017

Also Stukov is live with no nerf from PTR. Expected, but still :getin:

e2: I saved up 29 loot boxes since Stukov announcement and I got an infested Terran in my 4th loot box. The wrong infested Terran. Oh well, still got a spiderman surfboard with bite taken out :cool:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 11, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Anub has a good base kit and that won't ever change unless they scrap him and redo his skills.

Nerfing everything outside of his base kit over and over seems kind of silly. Anub was garbage before and then made very good through reworks. The cumulative nerfs over the past few months are putting his stats almost exactly where they were when he was garbage.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Hanamura changes are in too. Still probably will be a bad map.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

They're claiming they fixed murky's level 1 talents though!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

BrianBoitano posted:

Also Stukov is live with no nerf from PTR. Expected, but still :getin:

To be fair he also had a massive bug working in his favor on the PTR (his quest that gives 50% more healing on trait was applied automatically at 1), if they fixed that its hard to tell if he's overpowered at all.

Edit: I love how they constantly reduce Anub'arak's health every time, even though they also dealt with his actual overpowered parts in this patch.

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 11, 2017

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

We played hots at a friends home lan party over the weekend, we formed a team with 5 smiling beach Tychus portraits, I guess it mustve looked pretty intimidating to the other team.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Stukov is the best healer in the game, he's so fun. :allears:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

We played hots at a friends home lan party over the weekend, we formed a team with 5 smiling beach Tychus portraits, I guess it mustve looked pretty intimidating to the other team.

It's the only portrait you'll ever need again

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
How many BlizzShekels do new heroes cost? I might have enough gold sitting around to get Stukov

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Im positive that they're called BlizzBux (#bb) so you had better checkity check yourself and the answer is 16,000bb I think.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's 15,000 gold for brand new heroes which drops to 10,000 within like a couple few weeks or so.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
or 1,600 premium currency which occasionally is halved for select dudes during the weekly rotation and also sometimes drops, but usually based on sales/lack of use rather than "Oh it's 3 months, tiem to drop this character down a tier"

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Got pink speedo Tychus last night. :yayclod:

And the sad cloud. :smithcloud:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh darn, I don't have enough HeroShillings after all.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

GenericOverusedName posted:

Oh darn, I don't have enough HeroShillings after all.

If you wait two weeks, he'll go down to 10k shmeckles.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Coolness Averted posted:

or 1,600 premium currency which occasionally is halved for select dudes during the weekly rotation and also sometimes drops, but usually based on sales/lack of use rather than "Oh it's 3 months, tiem to drop this character down a tier"
Wait legendaries are only 750 gems.

Though yes it does seem to be less popular legendaries on sale (Lucio, Medivh, Rag, and Cho'Gall have been the last few - I don't ever really expect to see genji or Dehaka on sale). Still beats putting Raynor and Malfurion on sale like last week.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
New Heroes are 15000 gold. After 2 weeks, it drops to 10000 gold
If paying with Gems (which you can acquire with real money or F2P where you earn 150 every 25 player levels), it is 750. There is no price premium for a new hero if bought with Gems, both 15K and 10K heroes are 750 gems.
1600 Gems is for the Bundle that includes extra skins, which isn't worth it since they are only recolors of one epic skin (400 shards in 2 weeks).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

:dogout:

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Wow Stukov is hilariously overtuned first pick/first ban material for sure holy poo poo. Solid utility, amazing healing, and does as much damage or more than a lot of the damage dealers.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I picked Abathur in QM and I felt so bad when I had to see poor little monarch brightwing solo lane.

I felt even worse in the next game when I picked brightwing and got paired with an abathur and had to solo lane.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

someone play xul and give the op-ness report

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

StormyLoonies
ColdCash
GoblinGlitter
I really shouldn't try to make puns while really sleep deprived coins

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Stukov seems pretty good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Does Xul not have a talent to increase the max number of skeletons he can passively summon anymore?

Alpha Mayo posted:

New Heroes are 15000 gold. After 2 weeks, it drops to 10000 gold
If paying with Gems (which you can acquire with real money or F2P where you earn 150 every 25 player levels), it is 750. There is no price premium for a new hero if bought with Gems, both 15K and 10K heroes are 750 gems.
1600 Gems is for the Bundle that includes extra skins, which isn't worth it since they are only recolors of one epic skin (400 shards in 2 weeks).

Gems are weird because they're the real money currency but they're not worth much because they can only sometimes buy some skins you might want. Like I can get a Butcherlisk colouration I don't like, oh boy!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cuntellectual posted:

Does Xul not have a talent to increase the max number of skeletons he can passively summon anymore?

Gems are weird because they're the real money currency but they're not worth much because they can only sometimes buy some skins you might want. Like I can get a Butcherlisk colouration I don't like, oh boy!!!

counterpoint: you can always buy stimpacks with them

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Cuntellectual posted:

Jailers at 4.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Do you just level bear talents with Rexxar? The other things seem way less useful than equivalent level bear talents, except maybe the +2 health every second one, and the boar ultimate.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Stukov

Trait at 4, 7, and 16.

Nothing else matters.

Enjoy casting a full team ancestral every 5 seconds as long as you hit one W.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I'm stuck at work dealing with lovely customers while you jerks get to enjoy massive shove :smith:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I love that he shouts :frogout: when he uses massive shove

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I can't decide. I have 17K gold..

I can buy Stukov, who is apparently OP as gently caress right now.

Or I can buy Xul + a 7K hero like Murky or Brightwing.

Is Xul noticeably better? My main problem with him before was that he seemed relatively useless outside of lane, besides his root. I'd like to make an out-of-lane build (with W) but not sure how viable that is now.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Alpha Mayo posted:

Is Xul noticeably better? My main problem with him before was that he seemed relatively useless outside of lane, besides his root. I'd like to make an out-of-lane build (with W) but not sure how viable that is now.

A cursed strike build seems feasible and possibly quite good, but it's a bit weird because it thrives most when you're facing off against multiple heroes so you can get multiple procs of lifesteal. I don't think there's a way to make Xul a good 1v1 character but if you want to make a more teamfight oriented battle Xul that seems doable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alpha Mayo posted:

Save your money for Junkrat

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Save your money for Junkrat

Found a video of Junkrat at release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTBLKH4tZ4

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Look, you can't expect me to know what ALL of my buttons do, dude.

Alpha Mayo posted:

I wouldn't buy a hero with gold at the 15k mark, it's a 30% price drop in 2 weeks. If he gets nerfed to the ground that's all the more reason NOT to buy him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Coolness Averted posted:

Look, you can't expect me to know what ALL of my buttons do, dude.

I wouldn't buy a hero with gold at the 15k mark, it's a 30% price drop in 2 weeks. If he gets nerfed to the ground that's all the more reason NOT to buy him now.

Yeah, if you don't yet own 2/3 of the cast, then don't spend 15k. If you do, it's personal preference. I am only missing 6 heroes, so the 15k for Stukov made sense for me.

Also move over Brightwing, there's a new best emote in town: