Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

doesnt break the plugin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I don't care about it either way but the glee over breaking the plugin is kinda weird when we've had goons post in this thread about how they wouldn't be able to play without it due to health issues

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

The plugin will break with Dawntrail along with all other plugins and then it will be fixed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eukrasian Dyskrasia is a pretty funny name

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eukrasian Dyskrasia, what a wonderful phrase

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Eukrasian Dyskrasia, ain’t no passing craze!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Eukrasian Dyslexia

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

hopeandjoy posted:

Eukrasian Dyskrasia, ain’t no passing craze!

Means more DPS for the add phase
It's our 2 GCD
DOT AOE
Eukrasian Dyskrasia!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Also I’m pissed they added a Fire 4 gauge to BLM for people who are too stupid to count to six

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Badger of Basra posted:

Also I’m pissed they added a Fire 4 gauge to BLM for people who are too stupid to count to six

Anyone who has done math boss will know that this is the majority of the player base.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

King of the Hill reading meme but math and XIV players

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rosalind posted:

Anyone who has done math boss will know that this is the majority of the player base.

I've only done that boss twice and tbh I find the way the math is presented is what makes it difficult, not the math itself

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For those who don't want to have to dig through all 5 hours and 10 mins. of the LPL, someone has uploaded the segments of Yoshi-P playing and showing off Viper and Pictomancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwt6uHPpF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_kNrJCPAA0

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Badger of Basra posted:

Just wait till you manafont and throw off the counter forever*

*speculation, I don't think we officially know how its changing.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Juice is stored in the balls. Or rather, in the big ball that's above your other balls.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

They actually need a counter because you can get more than 1.
https://i.imgur.com/aqYKbms.mp4
Check near the end, there's 3 added at a time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

That's just Flare, isn't it?

snohax
May 30, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

I've completed every savage this expansion, all three criterions, and most of DSR. Over the course of this, I have repeatedly demonstrated I can barely count to four. Sometimes even two is iffy. Six would be right out.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hogama posted:

That’s just Flare

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah Fire IV adds one, Flare adds three

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That's just Flare, isn't it?

Badger of Basra posted:

That’s just Flare
Sorry if that was unclear, I didn't mean it was more than 1 for a Fire 4 cast, I was trying to draw attention to the gauge filling up. Hypothetically you could mix Fire 4 and Flare casts and you'd be at 3 and 1 casts instead of just 6 or 2.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Xun posted:

I don't care about it either way but the glee over breaking the plugin is kinda weird when we've had goons post in this thread about how they wouldn't be able to play without it due to health issues

Gamers trying to gatekeep content? Why I never.

As a BLM enjoyer I like the countybar because visual feedback is a feelgood :shrug: The more bright colours flashing on screen the better.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think it’s a good gauge. Yeah it’s just counting to 6 but considering god knows what can happen between the first few and the last, it’s nice to have the reminder.

Did they say what the big fireball was called? I’m hoping Meltdown, because I dig Meltdown.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think it’s a good gauge. Yeah it’s just counting to 6 but considering god knows what can happen between the first few and the last, it’s nice to have the reminder.

Did they say what the big fireball was called? I’m hoping Meltdown, because I dig Meltdown.

Merton?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Yep.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd bet Meltdown/Merton if it isn't something original.

Though it'd be funny if it ended up being Doomsday/Jihad.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The six leaf fireball counter should be an attachment that makes the core BLM gauge even more baroque and overwrought. Also they disable simple mode.

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 17, 2024

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rynoto posted:

Gamers trying to gatekeep content? Why I never.

I'm glad we're finally canceling Endorph, she's had it good for too long.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

snohax posted:

I've completed every savage this expansion, all three criterions, and most of DSR. Over the course of this, I have repeatedly demonstrated I can barely count to four. Sometimes even two is iffy. Six would be right out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ccGjar4Es

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Noper Q posted:

Juice is stored in the balls. Or rather, in the big ball that's above your other balls.

Only...It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

Only...It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.

Imagine 5 balls on the edge of a gauge

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Imagine 5 balls on the edge of a gauge

Johnny 5-Balls

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you could probably resize the hud elements in a way to put a small fire counter in the center of the main blm widget. something like this

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Man the more I think about it the more I wanna break into the new Ninja. I wonder if Trick Attack upgrades into that big AoE in the trailer after Huton. I wonder if Raiju got taken out. I wonder what the gently caress the Kunai meter is for or if it literally just powers up Aeolian Edge. I WANT IT

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Vitamean posted:

you could probably resize the hud elements in a way to put a small fire counter in the center of the main blm widget. something like this

I don't like it, it makes too many things to look at in that area.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Someone posted a visualization of viper:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Vitamean posted:

I'd like something like this. You could also fan them along one of the sides.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm not going to understand a single thing about Viper or Pictomancer until I actually play them. Just how it is

Any visualization's gonna have me just looking at it doing that face from that one gif with the lady and the equations

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Failboattootoot posted:

is this viper or how to create cold fusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Failboattootoot posted: