Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Every sentence it gets worse.

I've never made it a secret that I don't like any character named Krile. I didn't like Relm in FF6. But even those personal opinions have been beaten by just how great the Job looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember Fall Guys? It's back, in bad snapshotting form!

Yeeees! The gentlebean glam rocks!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Maybe this time I'll be able to rope some friends into doing it. I completely let it pass me by last time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I've never made it a secret that I don't like any character named Krile. I didn't like Relm in FF6. But even those personal opinions have been beaten by just how great the Job looks.

how many characters named Krile even are there

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

There's Krile in FF5, am I missing one

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Feldegast42 posted:

There's Krile in FF5, am I missing one
Just a few:
pre:
Krile has appeared in the following games throughout the Final Fantasy series:

Final Fantasy XIV as a non-playable character.
    Dissidia Final Fantasy as a cameo.
    Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia as a playable character.
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call as a playable character.
    Pictlogica Final Fantasy as a playable character.
    Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade as a Legend and a playable character.
    Final Fantasy Artniks as a series of cards.
    Final Fantasy All the Bravest as an optional character.
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper as a playable character.
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius as a summonable vision.
    Final Fantasy Trading Card Game as a series of cards.
    Triple Triad as a series of cards.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

almost all of those are just the ff5 version again

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Arist posted:

almost all of those are just the ff5 version again

Well, yeah. Biggs, Wedge, and Cid are really the only people who keep appearing as different people.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

when I change jobs I right click on the gear set, click "edit portrait", and click save. same deal when I swap glamour plates.

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

What did young girls ever do to you?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Kheldarn posted:

I tried AutoRetainer, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to collect and resend, which is all I wanted... :negative:

Click on the General tab in AutoRetainer settings, then under Operation click the Reassign radio button. That's it.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

DRK is so fun to play but it also feels like being a helpless baby compared to the other tanks who don't really need a healer there at all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

For portrait oddness remember that they're linked to gearsets and that can break in two ways:
--gearset has changed: this is when something visually different has happened even if it's not actually visually represented. Equipping new gear, changing accessories, toggle visor or weapon. You need to go into the portrait and re-save.
--It doesn't think you're wearing the gearset: this one gets me all the time. Extract materia? Need to refresh the gearset. Flipped a visor and then flipped it back? Refresh the gearset. If that little circle-arrow in the corner is lit up then the portrait does not think you're supposed to be using it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Xalidur posted:

DRK is so fun to play but it also feels like being a helpless baby compared to the other tanks who don't really need a healer there at all.

It feels so chaotic compared to Warrior, while also having that "oh god I can't just heal myself to full every 25s?" factor.

That said, doing successful TBNs is a big dopamine hit.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Same with the 0-100 punch from Living Dead. DRK rules and imo all it really needs is for delirium to heal you while it's active or something.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
When do you tend to find yourself getting low as DRK? I don't really feel that squishy: Abyssal Drain, TBN and Arm's Length seem to work well enough for me. But I guess that's never really with no healer.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
it is honestly whenever I'm playing solo, yeah. it's not common then, either, but it comes up sometimes.

or when my healer is busy being green dps and not paying attention. also not common.

e: really I just have a bit of cross tank envy between pld and war having so much self healing and drk not getting an equivalent to sanguine sword from fft that isn't a limit break.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

doomfunk posted:

it is honestly whenever I'm playing solo, yeah. it's not common then, either, but it comes up sometimes.

or when my healer is busy being green dps and not paying attention. also not common.

e: really I just have a bit of cross tank envy between pld and war having so much self healing and drk not getting an equivalent to sanguine sword from fft that isn't a limit break.

I have sometimes been that healer TBF. DRK is still my favourite tank though. I hope we get some fun stuff in DT.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I've been a PLD main for a very long time, but after taking a 6 month break from the game recently, during which the class got its revamp, I found that the new version didn't really jive with me. It feels like it has too many disjointed and extraneous parts, like why does Goring Blade still exist in its current form?

I started playing DRK entirely because it has the coolest Manderville weapon, and it turns out the class is awfully fun! It's got a great flow to it.

I just miss being invincible and able to solo any dungeon boss I like if the rest of the group dies~

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Onean posted:

:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/lyses_good_boy/status/1791498376556445990?t=UScKOc2WNj1G0yQln9lw8g

(For those that don't want to click on things, the image in the quote says, "Pictomancers will not be allowed into my parties. I'm sorry, it looks childish and doesn't belong in FF14.")

pictomancers? thats baby poo poo, not something you'll see in serious parties. also I play lalafell to min/max my spatial awareness

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bruceski posted:

For portrait oddness remember that they're linked to gearsets and that can break in two ways:
--gearset has changed: this is when something visually different has happened even if it's not actually visually represented. Equipping new gear, changing accessories, toggle visor or weapon. You need to go into the portrait and re-save.
--It doesn't think you're wearing the gearset: this one gets me all the time. Extract materia? Need to refresh the gearset. Flipped a visor and then flipped it back? Refresh the gearset. If that little circle-arrow in the corner is lit up then the portrait does not think you're supposed to be using it.

I have never, ever had a portrait break just by extracting materia. :confused:

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Xalidur posted:

I've been a PLD main for a very long time, but after taking a 6 month break from the game recently, during which the class got its revamp, I found that the new version didn't really jive with me. It feels like it has too many disjointed and extraneous parts, like why does Goring Blade still exist in its current form?

I started playing DRK entirely because it has the coolest Manderville weapon, and it turns out the class is awfully fun! It's got a great flow to it.

I just miss being invincible and able to solo any dungeon boss I like if the rest of the group dies~

Goring Blade is just a very strange button.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Materia melding/retrieving used to break portraits, but extraction never has. I think people have a habit of blaming some obscure detail when they can't figure out why it breaks, but I've never had issues with materia specifically. Don't get me wrong, the system sucks and I hate how I'll take some glam shots while waiting on a queue, then my portrait gets borked because I forgot to toggle weapon visibility back on. I also have all combat jobs maxes, and I try to wear job-neutral glam to match all of them at once, but every time I change any piece of my omni-outfit, I have to manually update every gearset, then open the portraits menu and, one by one, go down the entire list just to keep the current portrait from throwing a fit at me.

They should just let some small details (like helmet/visor/weapon toggle) be set per portrait, rather than always inheriting from the gearset. I would love to have my face visible in my portrait while wearing a kickass visor/mask inside the duty, without having to toggle it manually before and after entering.

e: Swapping equipment but glamming them to what was already on the portrait DOES work, as long as you save the gearset properly. However, it checks every slot whether or not it's actually visible. That means head/weapon even if toggled off, and anything worn under a multi-slot item, even though glamour plates won't let you assign hidden slots in a plate with a multiple-slot item.

e2: Also, similarly to the Fashion Report, the system makes a distinction between "Emperor's New..." items and 'empty' slots.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 18, 2024

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundarr posted:

I have never, ever had a portrait break just by extracting materia. :confused:

...huh, you're right. I just tested it. Thought I'd had that figured out.

Okay this is weird. Anything which activates the "update gear set" button will disconnect your portraits menu from your current gearset. Extracting materia, toggling visor and all that, if you do that and go to the menu it will not have your gearset selected. However when you join something which shows portraits it will still work as long as the current settings are the same. Toggle visor off and back on? The menu will not show you but the instance window will. Toggle visor off even if your helm doesn't actually have a visor? Both will break.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I think they fixed the materia thing a few patches after portraits.

Also make sure to look out for the bottles with points when getting your Dew on.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

they didn't even put label art on the single serve bottles? we used to be a country

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Do you even get codes for the Baja Blast flavors?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So is it just any old mt dew bottle?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Xalidur posted:

lines posted:

Goring Blade is just a very strange button.

Goring Blade is the Weaponskill half to Confiteor's Spell of PLD's burst rotation, to fit with the rest of their half sword, half spell flavor. Doubly so in DT, when it'll only be available under FoF (edit: like Confiteor only being available under Requiescat). I honestly hoped we'd get a Goring Blade burst combo in DT to even further the mirror, but no luck there.

(Mechanically, it's there to help with PLD's burst, which they struggled with for most of EW's first half, without just dumping more potency onto the Blade spell combo. That burst problem is also part of why it and Blade of Valor lost their DoTs, since then there wouldn't be issues with boss immunity impacting a noticeable chunk of their burst.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 18, 2024

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Onean posted:

Goring Blade is the Weaponskill half to Confiteor's Spell of PLD's burst rotation, to fit with the rest of their half sword, half spell flavor. Doubly so in DT, when it'll only be available under FoF (edit: like Confiteor only being available under Requiescat). I honestly hoped we'd get a Goring Blade burst combo in DT to even further the mirror, but no luck there.

(Mechanically, it's there to help with PLD's burst, which they struggled with for most of EW's first half, without just dumping more potency onto the Blade spell combo. That burst problem is also part of why it and Blade of Valor lost their DoTs, since then there wouldn't be issues with boss immunity impacting a noticeable chunk of their burst.)

To be fair I haven't finished leveling it yet, I'm nearly at 70 so basically most of the spell combo isn't online yet. I just find the hotbars hard to setup for PLD because it seems there's slightly too many buttons and I can't fit them nicely together.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I went to Safeway last night to see if I could find any mt dew with the rewards and I found a single bottle with a redfall promo (lol), some stuff for outdoor things, and a handful of "Xbox gaming rewards"

There were 3 rows of mt dew that had been completely obliterated and I am assuming that someone came in and bought them up like an rear end in a top hat

e: I have honor and would only buy 2-3 at a time to leave some for the next Gamer

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 18, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

So is it just any old mt dew bottle?

I don't think so? But also I'm not sure what actual marking to look for lol. Is it the ones that say XBOX gaming rewards because I don't see any that have actual XIV branding on them.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's the XBOX Gaming Rewards bottles, yes. 20 fl oz, 100 points for most flavors, but if you can find Purple Thunder, Overdrive, Maui Burst, or Frostbite, those are 200 points each.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

lines posted:

To be fair I haven't finished leveling it yet, I'm nearly at 70 so basically most of the spell combo isn't online yet. I just find the hotbars hard to setup for PLD because it seems there's slightly too many buttons and I can't fit them nicely together.

Yeah, PLD's a top candidate for having the most buttons. I use three hotbars for every Job (one for the letters around ESDF, one for Shift + those letters and one for numbers), but PLD is the only non-healer I play that uses nearly every single button of those bars.

Thundarr posted:

I don't think so? But also I'm not sure what actual marking to look for lol. Is it the ones that say XBOX gaming rewards because I don't see any that have actual XIV branding on them.

Yeah, it's the XBOX gaming ones that work, since the FFXIV stuff was just added to their already existing points redemption for Xbox stuff.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Not all, no.

100 Point Flavors:
Original
Diet
Zero Sugar
Code Red
Voltage
Major Melon
Spark
Live Wire

200 Point Flavors:
Purple Thunder - Circle K and Kroger Exclusive
Overdrive - Casey's Exclusive
Maui Burst - Dollar General Exclusive
Frostbite - Walmart Exclusive

Also, word is that ONLY BOTTLES count. They have to be marked with the XBox logo. And check the expiration date for the codes, because the XBox Logo stuff has been going on for a looong time, so unsold old bottles will have invalid codes.

Also also, you can't actually redeem codes on the Mog Station until 6/28/24.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

Also also, you can't actually redeem codes on the Mog Station until 6/28/24.

If you could redeem them immediately, I'm sure somebody would already have a mansion with 400 dew bottles in it just to say they did.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1791846284237873583

Remember Fall Guys? It's back, in bad snapshotting form!

i still love that I won a game of this with EU ping playing on NA.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it's kinda funny that the mountain dew items aren't available yet because the alternative would've been we'd see them in the 6.5/6.55 datamine which probably would've dulled the impact of seeing a slide with "Mountain Zu" hit the live letter

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pictomancer is too childish.

Now excuse me while I put on my imp glam and punch things with my moogle fists that go Kupo every time I pull them out.

Edit: Also, you know, the Raid Boss that is literally a sentient picture you need to use giant paintbrushes to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

Pictomancer is too childish.

Now excuse me while I put on my imp glam and punch things with my moogle fists that go Kupo every time I pull them out.

Edit: Also, you know, the Raid Boss that is literally a sentient picture you need to use giant paintbrushes to fight.

Just realized Pictomancer is probably not getting a moogle brush :smith: