Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
My friend's dog is a little alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Frontier Forums member Backer42 posted:

"It's important to remember, that the new announcements are as believable as the old ones: Not at all.

As with the "last chance to get two games for the price of one" until Feb 14th, which is currently pitched:

All previous announcements of "last chances" to get anything exclusively (full alpha access, LTI etc.) were lies. I'm sure there will be "combo package" sales in the future, "pre-order all episodes at once" and so on, once money runs tight again.

My personal expectation/prediction: Roberts will try to sell SQ42 at a full price on multiple platforms and the "MMO" trainwreck everyone pledged for will turn into a F2P (P2W) afterthought. So there is absolutely no reason to give him money now. Rent a used copy of the SQ42 movie for PS4 when it's done and laugh an evening about A-list actors executing abysmal writing. Then return it and play the scaled-down and feature-cut MMO for free until the servers get shut down a year later."
Wow. I like read prognoses more cynical than my own sometimes. Makes me feel like an optimist, even while thinking Star Citizen is doomed to release late and be humiliated by a surfeit of superior space game experiences...

Interesting reactions at Frontier Forums to recent events, including the upcoming in-game store.

Shoutout, too, to 1500 for his long-running and ongoing efforts to brush scales off of eyeballs blinded by the divine light of Chris Roberts promises.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Solar Plebeian: Already a better development cycle than Star Citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I don't have time to tuck into this thread right now but I have a feeling it might be good :mmmhmm:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317049/a-little-upset

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330441/#Comment_6330441

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330464/#Comment_6330464

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330455/#Comment_6330455

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330475/#Comment_6330475

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330493/#Comment_6330493

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Darkpriest667 posted:

Pressure cookers kill 2 dozen people a year, if he can gently caress up rice I would NOT let him near a pressure cooker.

He saw the picture of the pressure cooker fail and, happily, reached the same conclusion himself.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

I've never played diabolo III, is it better then Diablo III?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

HapiMerchant posted:

I've never played diabolo III, is it better then Diablo III?

Launch Diablo III or current Diablo III? Safe to say it's better than the former.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

loving finally its dog chat time

sleep tight pupper

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

G0RF posted:

5:04 - AN INGAME SPACESHIP SHOW-ROOM!: They are working on animations of NPCs in a spaceship showroom-- using mo-cap animations to have salesman pitching ships, customers reacting, and champagne being served. WTF?!

:chanpop:

I honestly can't believe that. How this could be consuming ANYONE's time, given the state of the game, is mind-blowing to me!

this. this is loving unbelievable.

EightAce posted:

to quote myself
' What they are working on now is unbelievable'

I thankyou ....

it was way worse than anything i'd ever imagined. just. wowwww.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Di-ebola IV

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

fuzzknot posted:

I got busy with work and just checked back in on the thread, and I must say, I was NOT expecting a space used car dealership.

Just when you think it can't get any more ludicrous . . .

Yeah but the retaliator has so much more eagle.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330544/#Comment_6330544

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330580/#Comment_6330580

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330629/#Comment_6330629

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Citizens love to quote this lovely bar graph that is full of obvious mistakes (like Half-Life instead of Half-Life 2 and Diabolo).

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I really don't understand it. Why defend this dumpster fire? Sunk cost fallacy? There is nothing about it that speaks for itself, if that makes sense. There is absolutely no goddamn reason to trust this developer anymore. Not that there ever really was, but the hope should have run out a long time ago.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

Please send your contribution to Bootcha Goon-de-yada video. He said often that it would be his last video project concerning SC.

You are withholding closure to a man who is unable to cook rice.

Please

:vince:

I could have spent my Make-A-Wish Foundation wish on meeting John Cena and having him teach me how to cook rice.

But noooooooooo!

I had to request that Derek Smart have a guest spot on my SC poo poo video. And they're holding me to it.

They will not let me die of rice poisoning until Derek does his duty.

Derek, release me from my pain.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I like the guy saying "it says SQ42 is gonna be released in 2016, it's in the trailer".

It's like nothing before ever happened.

I don't get it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

VealCutlet posted:

Greyhounds. Greyhounds are loving awesome and super cute puppies.

Greyhounds are the best. They have the couch potato mentality of cats while being awesomely goofy dogs. Ours is kind of a sperg but just a fantastic pet. Retiring from the racetrack suits him well.

Bonus catte:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I would just like to compliment you on your avatar, it is good.

Thank you good sir.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Grand Admiral [$2500+]

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330703/#Comment_6330703

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6330810/#Comment_6330810

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:yikes:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Your feeling about the thread being good was right :)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If only Derek recorded his part as part of one of his summer blogs.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Waiting to see a mass shooting linked to Star Citizen in the news.

e: I wonder how that would affect the ship sales, for better or worse?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

OK, the used ship sales lot finally compelled me to register to express my incredulity. I'm not sure what reflects worse on humanity, that CIG chose this direction to go in or that backers are defending it.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Star Citizen: Lets Play Solar Plebian

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

boviscopophobic posted:

OK, the used ship sales lot finally compelled me to register to express my incredulity. I'm not sure what reflects worse on humanity, that CIG chose this direction to go in or that backers are defending it.

Welcome

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
just ur daily reminder about how loving insane this game is as pitched

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44970j/how_much_needs_to_be_completed_before_the_game_is/

quote:

Hey everyone! As a disclaimer this is not a thread about feature creep or CIG taking too long to finish the game. I am sure they will and I am not worried about how long it will take. However I have been following this game for a long time and I am struggling at the moment to keep track of every system that needs to be completed for the game to be considered finished. I know there are some features planned for post launch and I it would be cool to add them to a list of features under that subheading. The idea of this thread is to simply create a checklist of all of the promised and planned features for backers to keep an eye on as the game gets further fleshed out. This list will not include features already implemented such as 64bit conversion, localised physics grids etc. If there has already been a thread about this (recently) then please just link me there. I searched for it and could not find it though. I will try to update this with additions from the comments:

Gameplay Mechanics

-Fleshed out (as opposed to the stop gap solution we have now) repair mechanics
-Fleshed out refueling
-Object persistance/permanent ownership
-Physicalised EVA
- Conversation system
- NPC casual (nonviolent) behaviour
- Economy/Universe NPC simulation
- Job and Contract creation
- Mining mechanics
- Salvaging mechanics
- Cargo hauliing mechanics
- Grabby hands - Crime mechanics (flagged as having committed a crime, bounty created, local security alerted)
- Theft mechanics (altered object ownership)
- Layered clothing/Character customisation/Women
- Shopping/Money
- Atmospheric landing/ Air traffic control
- Tranport of information/ News reporting stuff
- Science/research gameplay
- Jump point gameplay/detection
- Fleshed out scanning/stealth
- Interior systems (power, heat management etc)

Physical Content
-~100 solar systems
- Space stations (lots)
- "Hero" landing zones (hand crafted like Area 18) Anyone know how many of these there will be at launch?
- Jump point interiors (wormhole appearance/generation)
- FPS weapons and armour
- Implementing procedural moons/ moon bases
- Ground Vehicle(s) - whatever that thing in the carrack and connie is (que Mako flashbacks)
- Remaining ships: BM, Carrack, Idris?, Javelin, Catapillar, Starfarer, Gemini, New Cutlass, etc. (not too fussed about this as there are already plenty of ship progress threads with pretty pictures and the like).

Note
I would also like to mention that several of these things are possibly already finished as we have seen them in things like AtV or somewhere else, but I will only cross them off (like this) when they are actually implemented into the Alpha for people to play with and test.
Please list extra things I have forgotten or tell me I am a big idiot in the comments section below

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

That Works posted:

Sounds like you should improve yourself with shotgun.

PS you and your friends are poo poo people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Admin Note: Retracted due to misunderstanding

Whoops, looks like somebody's going to pay the Effectronica Tax! Don't tell people to kill themselves, moron.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

boviscopophobic posted:

D&D and FYAD are this way friend

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

boviscopophobic posted:

Welcome. I've only been here a month. And I never gave my story. But it doesn't matter.

Point is, you are here and have found refuge.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Meridian posted:

I really don't understand it. Why defend this dumpster fire? Sunk cost fallacy? There is nothing about it that speaks for itself, if that makes sense. There is absolutely no goddamn reason to trust this developer anymore. Not that there ever really was, but the hope should have run out a long time ago.
You clearly do not understand the appeal of granby hands...

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44970j/how_much_needs_to_be_completed_before_the_game_is/

quote:

[–]95688it 2 points 9 minutes ago
well at the very least we'd need all of your Gameplay Mechanics list just to go into beta.

Poor guy, he meant to say alpha

e: lol

quote:

[–]turnipslopCutlass Blue[S] 1 point 10 minutes ago
Agreed, I guess this is a list of stuff the game needs to be "content complete". As I understand it betas are supposed to be just for removing bugs and balancing gameplay. I know that is not really what EA and co use them for these days, but that was their original purpose. So yes, if I could ammend the title it should read: "What does the game need before it can exit* Alpha?"

*enter

a whole buncha crows fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 5, 2016

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
This thread is legit scaring me since my parents have been using a pressure cooker for the past year. I didn't think it was a good idea but I swear, I think my parents are suicidal or something. First they bought a ton of guns, now theyre cooking with pressure cookers.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

loving finally its dog chat time

you must give this dogge to me.
I want.
Pease?
i must obtain such doggedog shenanigans for my.
Gib.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

boviscopophobic posted:

Do not listen to SquirrelGrip. Tender young goons should steer well away from Debate and Discussion and FYAD

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

StarbloodKiss posted:

This thread is legit scaring me since my parents have been using a pressure cooker for the past year. I didn't think it was a good idea but I swear, I think my parents are suicidal or something. First they bought a ton of guns, now theyre cooking with pressure cookers.

Sounds like your parents are from the Stimpire.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Incombibulator posted:

you must give this dogge to me.
I want.
Pease?
i must obtain such doggedog shenanigans for my.
Gib.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

StarbloodKiss posted:

pressure cookers are awesome, congrats on having cool parents.

They're pretty safe now. I think you could really only blow up your kitchen is if you hacked the safety mechanisms first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sounds like your parents are from the Stimpire.

My dad? No way. My mom? Probably. I don't want to say too much, but my mom has done some crazy stuff. I think the craziest is that shes done graverobbing and stole human skulls to use for dentistry studies. But she did not do this in the United States.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

pressure cookers are awesome, congrats on having cool parents.

They're pretty safe now. I think you could really only blow up your kitchen is if you hacked the safety mechanisms first.

My mom keeps telling me that pressure cooker food turns out incredible. I've yet to try it myself though.

• Locked thread