Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

They could make the starter weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can see it getting a Moogle Paintbrush just because of the Moogle theming. It just probably would be a relic weapon or something instead of a boss drop.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

we need thornmarch (unreal) as a justification to make new moogle weapons.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao at them being "Xbox gaming rewards" with no mention of final fantasy 14. :wtc: also now I need to go back to the lovely Safeway god dammit

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Gotta save money on swapping labeling where they can doncha know.

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014
Do not get the Purple Thunder if you plan on actually drinking it. That poo poo is vile.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Joe Chip posted:

Do not get the Purple Thunder if you plan on actually drinking it. That poo poo is vile.

Wtf. So wrong..

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

My body is already half chemical dew so I went ahead and cleared out some of a few of the local CVSes of their diet and zero to get some codes to my friends in other countries.

I also showed up at Big SIppin's house immediately after it opened and did a raid with him so I am in a bunch of Mountain Dew Gaming (TM) marketing post screenshots and some "news articles" reporting on them. My character's standard aesthetic is garish metallic green so I look like I am Mountain Dew's #1 bunnygirl shill lol

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Joe Chip posted:

literally opened this thread just to post this. I actually feel ill from drinking this swill.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXMa6gCTr8

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My only regret is that I've thrown out a ton of Overdrive bottle caps in the last several months that probably could have been used for this.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ImpAtom posted:

Pictomancer is too childish.

Now excuse me while I put on my imp glam and punch things with my moogle fists that go Kupo every time I pull them out.

Edit: Also, you know, the Raid Boss that is literally a sentient picture you need to use giant paintbrushes to fight.

Going to fight a serious boss with a party full of lalafell

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Joe Chip posted:

I bought a bottle since circle k is the closest place that has one of the 2x flavors and poured out half of it after taking slow sips for two hours

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I’m going to stick to drinking Diet Mt Dew at work and I’ll just save the caps.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

They could bring back that fruitcake Dew and make it worth 2000 points and I still wouldn't even touch the bottle.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
FFXIV: points for diabetes

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Got my hands on six bottles for the mount but they didn't have a single diet in the store so I guess I have to give myself super diabetes

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I gotta scrounge up enough bottles to get the mount because I'm a sucker for limited time mount.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I have enough mounts I've earned and love already. Like the regular-rear end Zu/

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

notwithoutmyanus posted:

FFXIV: points for diabetes

Final Fantasy XIV: Diabetestrail

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Final Fantasy XIV: Bozja Blast

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

I prefer the Pagaga Punch but it's always buried behind the other bottles.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My actual no joke fav Mountain Dew flavor is Baja Blast but it’s not included.

I bought a Code Red when I was at Wawa the other night because I like cherry soda and it’s. Fine. I’ll probably stick to diet or sugar free og Dew though if I actually peruse this mount.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just pour the soda out. It isn't like you're wasting it. It is bad for you and donating Mountain Dew to food banks is probably considered a crime.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

ImpAtom posted:

Just pour the soda out. It isn't like you're wasting it. It is bad for you and donating Mountain Dew to food banks is probably considered a crime.

you're right but it's hard to unlearn the way you were raised

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Most of the physical merch you can just buy outright, for like plushies and taito stuff this is pretty much just advertising existing inventory via promotion. It's really the digital stuff that you'd need the promo for.

The clothes or the keycaps is just highway robbery. And the highwayman dumps crates of soda into your carriage as a final insult.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/SummonerSenpai/status/1791932937350361260

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Runa posted:

The clothes or the keycaps is just highway robbery. And the highwayman dumps crates of soda into your carriage as a final insult.

if you can get the 200 point bottles for $1 you could probably turn a profit reselling the fat cat hoodie, I'm betting those will run out quick

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just realized Pictomancer is probably not getting a moogle brush :smith:

Wait for The Undying King Moogle Mog (Ultimate)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

So is it just any old mt dew bottle?

No it has to say XBox Gamer Rewards on the label.

I got three of the 200-point bottles for 8 bucks, and drank them, spaced across three days, to punish myself

This is how I learned that Kroger owns Circle-K. I also learned that all of the Dollar General stores in my city are poo poo (none had their special flavor) and the Walmart by my house is poo poo (I already knew this) because it didn't have its flavor, either.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I'm thinking of raiding in the EU servers next expansion even though I live in NA (east coast) because of my work hours and cross-region travel being enabled. Anybody here have experience with that? Will I be good to go with just noclippy?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Funky Valentine posted:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

leaptosleep posted:

I'm thinking of raiding in the EU servers next expansion even though I live in NA (east coast) because of my work hours and cross-region travel being enabled. Anybody here have experience with that? Will I be good to go with just noclippy?

you might have trouble with ultimates but I am managing to prog stuff fine from EU on NA and the NA servers are west coast, so it shouldn't be too horrible.

the problem you'll have is having to play with the average europeon gamer.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ItohRespectArmy posted:

you might have trouble with ultimates but I am managing to prog stuff fine from EU on NA and the NA servers are west coast, so it shouldn't be too horrible.

the problem you'll have is having to play with the average europeon gamer.

Someone in my EU UWU static played from NA using a VPN and it worked well enough

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Qwertycoatl posted:

Someone in my EU UWU static played from NA using a VPN and it worked well enough

I only just started uwu so I'm not entirely sure if its ping or just me being bad tbh, that is good to hear though!

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

It's amusing to see a dumb tweet about excluding pictomancers from parties because of the aesthetic, and then see people in this thread assuming that's coming from hardcore players. When we all know that true hardcore players would exclusively play floppydickmancer if it gave +1% dps

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

leaptosleep posted:

like itoh i'm european playing on an na data center and it's mostly fine. never touched ultimate but savage raids and criterion savage have never been a problem

aers
Feb 15, 2012

people raided on JP or NA servers from aus/nz for years and cleared every level of content and that distance is equal to or larger than the distance from east coast US to where the EU servers are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

aers posted:

people raided on JP or NA servers from aus/nz for years and cleared every level of content and that distance is equal to or larger than the distance from east coast US to where the EU servers are

Being able to clear, and clearing comfortably are two very different things.

That said, as long as your connection quality is higher than "Poor" you shouldn't notice much of a difference. In my experience, playing across all 4 regions from northeastern US, only DCs with that rating (Oceania and JP) had noticeable lag. And there it basically amounted to an occasional lost second.