Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

BelDin posted:

Are you talking about dual homing the servers, or the FEX?

If you're not planning on pushing more than 10Gb to the core and don't need L3 to the servers, you can try what I'm planning and get a pair of 3560s or better running IP Base and redundant power supplies for a EIGRP stub switch. You can get a good level of IP gateway reliability through HSRP, and your convergence time can be tweaked to acceptable for most use.

Either that, or stack/chassis and portchannel to the core over a couple of switches. Unless you have an obscene amount of ACLs you should be able to push quite a bit of traffic with a smaller switch depending on the traffic levels you need to move. Our big goal was traffic increases in the server room, not out to the client network.

Dual homing servers and FEX. We will be doing both, but the way we want to dual home the servers requires us to have more than 96 etherchannels. From what we read on the configuration of the 2k's plugged into a 5k or 7k, you have to create etherchannels there as well. Pretty much, to make our plan for redundancy work, we need 7ks to be our core and then use 5ks for our 10gb servers and a few high priority 1gb servers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Anyone know if there is a way to deploy configurations from a term server over the lines? I have a large lab at work and it would be nice if I could just copy all the various configurations to the term serv and deploy them from there.

I would use a server, but people screw up the configs so badly that it always loses connectivity to it and ftp/tftp fails.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Bringing up this old nugget once again.

quote:

policy-map police-400mb
class access-match
police cir 420000000 bc 1500000 be 3100000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop violate-action drop

Applying this inbound/outbound on an interface. The CIR notation is in bits and is roughly 400mb. The other two notations are in bytes.

Am I correct in assuming that the first bucket (BC) is their burst rate allowing them X amount of bandwidth as long as the packet is below 1500000, and if it's above that threshold, that packet is dropped into the second bucket, and if it's above THAT threshold, it's dropped completely?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

workape posted:

If you don't come here a lot and are looking for things to do/eat/see let me know.

FAB2 is getting a good look from me right now, but honestly we are barely scratching the surface of what our 7k's can do today. I've budgeted and included them in my 2012 budget/roadmap, but unless the server/storage teams really step up their requirements I doubt I'll be making that move.

I am going to be up there on and off between now and Feb. standing everything up, so a list of the hot spots would be great, just toss it in a PM if you can.

I don't think we'll push the Juniper EX line we got as hard as they are anticipating, but we will see. We mainly move data via quad-band infiniband anyway, so the 10GbE stuff is mainly for WAN provider and other data applications, but we only tech refresh every 3 years, so I wanted to go big now in case something happened next year and I was ready. I was really impressed by the new Nexus stuff, the timing just wasn't right when it comes to government purchasing. Having two hot-sites completely different vendors at the core would make for a management nightmare for me.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Bringing up this old nugget once again.

Applying this inbound/outbound on an interface. The CIR notation is in bits and is roughly 400mb. The other two notations are in bytes.

Am I correct in assuming that the first bucket (BC) is their burst rate allowing them X amount of bandwidth as long as the packet is below 1500000, and if it's above that threshold, that packet is dropped into the second bucket, and if it's above THAT threshold, it's dropped completely?

What platform are you policing on? There are often platform specific caveats with respect to policing.

Similarly, the MQC shaping syntax is a little easier to work with (although that may or may not be an option for you).

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

jwh posted:

What platform are you policing on? There are often platform specific caveats with respect to policing.

Similarly, the MQC shaping syntax is a little easier to work with (although that may or may not be an option for you).

This is usually on Cisco 3750s. We also have these setup on two 6500s.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

I thought the 3750 and 3750-Es had some real restrictions when egress policing- is that not true?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

jwh posted:

I thought the 3750 and 3750-Es had some real restrictions when egress policing- is that not true?

That's what I've read and is the reason I'm going back and looking over our policy maps. These were setup by an admin who is long gone.

I found this thread

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/12837

But there's not much information beyond the OP.

However, I've read that a rate limit provision on the interface itself is what will not work on 3750s, but an overall policing policy map will.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 27, 2011

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

ior posted:

Cisco security manager!

Dude! :ughh:

ior
Nov 21, 2003

What's a fuckass?

Tremblay posted:

Dude! :ughh:

Never said it was perfect :)

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ior posted:

Or stable, upgradable, etc. ;)

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite
You can give Caprica a try.

http://code.google.com/p/capirca/

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

ior posted:

Haha, seems way too much for what I need. All I need to do is manage ~20 odd ACLs, but the catch is that several of them are on between 500 and 1000 devices and updating them is irritating.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ruro posted:

Haha, seems way too much for what I need. All I need to do is manage ~20 odd ACLs, but the catch is that several of them are on between 500 and 1000 devices and updating them is irritating.

Write a script that automatically updates each device. Also I think Rancid/Cacti can do it too.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Powercrazy posted:

Write a script that automatically updates each device. Also I think Rancid/Cacti can do it too.

RANCID will for sure.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
NetMRI is a good management platform for a lot of things (not free).

There's some bash command line stuff you can do with the config directory in rancid also.

cat * | grep "access-list 101" | sort | uniq

Something like that will take all the acl 101 lines from all the config files and ultimately output how many occurrences of each line there are. Optimally you would have all lines with the same count if all the configs are the same. More likely then not you'll be able to tell (roughly) what lines aren't conformed across the network or which oddball lines are on a small number of devices based on the counts.

Meltycat
May 20, 2006

Melty and adorable!

Oops, wrong thread, sorry :)

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
So I am going to be working on a lot of cool load balancer stuff. Does anyone have any recommendation on books as far as F5 Load Balancers? Or is the Oreilly book on load balancing sort of the only thing out right now?

workape
Jul 23, 2002

Bardlebee posted:

So I am going to be working on a lot of cool load balancer stuff. Does anyone have any recommendation on books as far as F5 Load Balancers? Or is the Oreilly book on load balancing sort of the only thing out right now?

Are you looking for basics of operation or are you looking into some scripting/iRules work?

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

workape posted:

Are you looking for basics of operation or are you looking into some scripting/iRules work?

Basics, I am just starting out with it. As in I am in training and I want to get ahead of the curve.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
So I'm trying to get a new ESXi host set up correctly for VGT, since we aren't using it at all on our other hosts. AFAIK that means I have to set up a trunk port for the ESXi host and then do the VMware stuff later, which I'm fine with.

My problem right now is that as soon as I set the VLAN ID in the ESXi console for the management network, it drops out. I want the host itself on VLAN 20, but I want it to be able to host VMs that exist on VLANs 5, 10 and 20. Relevant config portions from the 2960G:

code:
version 12.2
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/17
 switchport trunk native vlan 20
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 5,10,20
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/18
 switchport trunk native vlan 20
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 5,10,20
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate

<snip>

!
interface Vlan1
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 shutdown
!
interface Vlan5
 ip address 10.10.2.13 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
interface Vlan10
 no ip address
 ip helper-address 10.10.1.150
 no ip route-cache
!
Again, if I don't assign a VLAN in the ESXi management console, works fine, so I assume I'm retarded and have done something stupid with the cisco config above.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I assume you are setting the ESXi Host vlan id to 20? Thus it is expected Vlan 20 to be tagged. However you have set 20 as the native(untagged) vlan and thus the host is recieving an untagged vlan, but expecting a tagged vlan 20. Set your native vlan to 1 and give it a try.

Alternatively make sure that you are forming a dot1q trunk with the switch trunk, sh int tru, and debug that way.

Oh also you have two SVIs on a 2960G, a layer 2 switch. Both of those IPs will not be active at the same time.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Powercrazy posted:

I assume you are setting the ESXi Host vlan id to 20? Thus it is expected Vlan 20 to be tagged. However you have set 20 as the native(untagged) vlan and thus the host is recieving an untagged vlan, but expecting a tagged vlan 20. Set your native vlan to 1 and give it a try.

Alternatively make sure that you are forming a dot1q trunk with the switch trunk, sh int tru, and debug that way.

Oh also you have two SVIs on a 2960G, a layer 2 switch. Both of those IPs will not be active at the same time.

Thanks, that works great. I guess I was thinking of the ESXi management console's VLAN ID as the native vlan of a trunk.

As far as the SVI, yeah that second one was only created to try and get an ip-helper address onto that vlan for wireless clients, which I think I ended up doing later in our 4402WLC's config, so it can probably just be removed.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Not strictly a Cisco question, but:

For a long time we've just had one VLAN with DHCP clients on it, so we put an ip-helper address in that VLAN and DHCPDISCOVER messages make it to our Microsoft DHCP server just fine.

Now we add another VLAN and want to centralize the DHCP service. So we can use the same ip-helper address in the new VLAN, and the DHCP server should be able to recognize that they game from different relay agents but I'm not sure how you can associate a DHCP scope with a given relay agent. I must be missing something stupid, this has to be the most common issue ever.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
If you have two networks say 10.0.1.0/24 and 10.0.2.0/24 then the DHCP server will have two scopes. The router of the two networks will be the source of the unicasted DHCP request, then based on the source of that request, say 10.0.1.1 vs 10.0.2.1 the DHCP server will know which scope to assign.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Mierdaan posted:

Not strictly a Cisco question, but:

For a long time we've just had one VLAN with DHCP clients on it, so we put an ip-helper address in that VLAN and DHCPDISCOVER messages make it to our Microsoft DHCP server just fine.

Now we add another VLAN and want to centralize the DHCP service. So we can use the same ip-helper address in the new VLAN, and the DHCP server should be able to recognize that they game from different relay agents but I'm not sure how you can associate a DHCP scope with a given relay agent. I must be missing something stupid, this has to be the most common issue ever.

IIRC, the DHCP server will allocate an address out of the scope that contains the IP address located in the giaddr field of the DHCP message. The giaddr field is populated with the IP address of the relay agent. Since DHCP relay agents are configured on a per VLAN basis, that IP should match the IP address of the SVI.

Edit: thats what I get for watching Southpark, cooking lunch and posting at the same time. :(

Edit2: by contains I mean within the same subnet.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 3, 2011

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Oh okay, I thought you had to match up the giaddr and the scope manually. Figures that I would try to make something harder than it is. Thanks dudes.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

We have an ASA5505 that's supposed to be hosting a ipsec point-to-point tunnel but it isn't coming up (trying to connect from a remote Windows server); a consultant set this up Friday but couldn't test it at the time, and I can't get a hold of him. I know nothing about Ciscos except what I've learned over the last 12 hours; does anyone see any obvious issues in our config? aa.aa.aa.aa is the Cisco, bb.bb.bb.bb is the Windows server.

code:

: Saved
:
ASA Version 8.2(5) 
!
hostname ciscoasa
domain-name foo.com
enable password xxxxxxx encrypted
passwd xxxxxx encrypted
names
name bb.bb.bb.bb Win2008Server
!
interface Ethernet0/0
 switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/1
!
interface Ethernet0/2
!
interface Ethernet0/3
!
interface Ethernet0/4
!
interface Ethernet0/5
!
interface Ethernet0/6
!
interface Ethernet0/7
!
interface Vlan1
 nameif inside
 security-level 100
 ip address 192.168.5.2 255.255.255.0 
!
interface Vlan2
 nameif outside
 security-level 0
 ip address aa.aa.aa.aa 255.255.255.0 
!
ftp mode passive
clock timezone GMT 0
dns domain-lookup inside
dns server-group DefaultDNS
 name-server 192.168.5.20
 domain-name foo.com
same-security-traffic permit inter-interface
same-security-traffic permit intra-interface
object-group service RDP tcp
 port-object eq 3389
object-group protocol TCPUDP
 protocol-object udp
 protocol-object tcp
access-list outside_1_cryptomap extended permit ip 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 host Win2008Server 
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 host Win2008Server 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6114 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6112 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6110 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6108 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6106 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6104 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6102 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6100 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq sip 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any interface outside eq 2222 
pager lines 24
logging enable
logging asdm informational
mtu inside 1500
mtu outside 1500
icmp unreachable rate-limit 1 burst-size 1
no asdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound
nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
static (inside,outside) tcp interface 2222 192.168.5.20 2222 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface sip 192.168.5.10 sip netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6100 192.168.5.10 6100 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6102 192.168.5.10 6102 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6104 192.168.5.10 6104 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6106 192.168.5.10 6106 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6108 192.168.5.10 6108 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6110 192.168.5.10 6110 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6112 192.168.5.10 6112 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6114 192.168.5.10 6114 netmask 255.255.255.255 
access-group outside_access_in in interface outside
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 aa.aa.aa.aa 1
timeout xlate 3:00:00
timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 icmp 0:00:02
timeout sunrpc 0:10:00 h323 0:05:00 h225 1:00:00 mgcp 0:05:00 mgcp-pat 0:05:00
timeout sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00 sip-invite 0:03:00 sip-disconnect 0:02:00
timeout sip-provisional-media 0:02:00 uauth 0:05:00 absolute
timeout tcp-proxy-reassembly 0:01:00
timeout floating-conn 0:00:00
dynamic-access-policy-record DfltAccessPolicy
http server enable
http 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
http 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 inside
no snmp-server location
no snmp-server contact
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstart
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA esp-3des esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-128-SHA esp-aes esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-128-MD5 esp-aes esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-192-SHA esp-aes-192 esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-192-MD5 esp-aes-192 esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-256-SHA esp-aes-256 esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-256-MD5 esp-aes-256 esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-MD5 esp-3des esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-DES-SHA esp-des esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-DES-MD5 esp-des esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime seconds 28800
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime kilobytes 4608000
crypto map outside_map 1 match address outside_1_cryptomap
crypto map outside_map 1 set peer Win2008Server 
crypto map outside_map 1 set transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA
crypto map outside_map interface outside
crypto ca trustpoint _SmartCallHome_ServerCA
 crl configure
crypto ca certificate chain _SmartCallHome_ServerCA
 certificate ca 
  quit
crypto isakmp policy 10
 authentication pre-share
 encryption 3des
 hash sha
 group 2
 lifetime 86400
telnet timeout 5
ssh 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 inside
ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
ssh timeout 10
console timeout 0
dhcpd auto_config outside
!

threat-detection basic-threat
threat-detection statistics access-list
threat-detection statistics tcp-intercept rate-interval 30 burst-rate 400 average-rate 200
webvpn
group-policy DfltGrpPolicy attributes
tunnel-group bb.bb.bb.bb type ipsec-l2l
tunnel-group bb.bb.bb.bb ipsec-attributes
 pre-shared-key *****
!
class-map inspection_default
 match default-inspection-traffic
!
!
policy-map type inspect dns preset_dns_map
 parameters
  message-length maximum client auto
  message-length maximum 512
policy-map global_policy
 class inspection_default
  inspect dns preset_dns_map 
  inspect ftp 
  inspect h323 h225 
  inspect h323 ras 
  inspect rsh 
  inspect rtsp 
  inspect esmtp 
  inspect sqlnet 
  inspect skinny  
  inspect sunrpc 
  inspect xdmcp 
  inspect sip  
  inspect netbios 
  inspect tftp 
  inspect ip-options 
!
service-policy global_policy global
prompt hostname context 
service call-home
call-home reporting anonymous
call-home
 contact-email-addr [email]bizwank@foo.com[/email]
 profile CiscoTAC-1
  destination address http [url]https://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService[/url]
  destination address email [email]callhome@cisco.com[/email]
  destination transport-method http
  subscribe-to-alert-group diagnostic
  subscribe-to-alert-group environment
  subscribe-to-alert-group inventory periodic monthly
  subscribe-to-alert-group configuration periodic monthly
  subscribe-to-alert-group telemetry periodic daily
Cryptochecksum:
: end
asdm location Win2008Server 255.255.255.255 inside
no asdm history enable

ALMIGHTYSTRIKE
Nov 3, 2011

I mean, I'm no, I can't.. I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas... I mean
I have a older pix 506e firewall from like 5 years ago I bought off ebay but never got to use. Is it worth hooking up and relearning the commands for a home networking enviroment or is it a dinosaur ? :)

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

ALMIGHTYSTRIKE posted:

I have a older pix 506e firewall from like 5 years ago I bought off ebay but never got to use. Is it worth hooking up and relearning the commands for a home networking enviroment or is it a dinosaur ? :)

Use it as a door stop and buy a 515 off eBay.

506e is limited to 6.x code (terrible), the 515 can go up to 8.0 which is somewhat more recent and the commands are relevant up to 8.2, 8.3 changed the NAT significantly from 8.2

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Believe it or not, there are plenty of 6.3x PIX in production still. I'd use it to learn, then get something that can run 8.x so you can see the config differences. Also I recall reading that you can actually install 8.x on it by ripping some crap out of the image, like ASDM. Don't remember the exact details, sorry.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

bizwank posted:

We have an ASA5505 that's supposed to be hosting a ipsec point-to-point tunnel but it isn't coming up (trying to connect from a remote Windows server); a consultant set this up Friday but couldn't test it at the time, and I can't get a hold of him. I know nothing about Ciscos except what I've learned over the last 12 hours; does anyone see any obvious issues in our config? aa.aa.aa.aa is the Cisco, bb.bb.bb.bb is the Windows server.

code:

: Saved
:
ASA Version 8.2(5) 
!
hostname ciscoasa
domain-name foo.com
enable password xxxxxxx encrypted
passwd xxxxxx encrypted
names
name bb.bb.bb.bb Win2008Server
!
interface Ethernet0/0
 switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/1
!
interface Ethernet0/2
!
interface Ethernet0/3
!
interface Ethernet0/4
!
interface Ethernet0/5
!
interface Ethernet0/6
!
interface Ethernet0/7
!
interface Vlan1
 nameif inside
 security-level 100
 ip address 192.168.5.2 255.255.255.0 
!
interface Vlan2
 nameif outside
 security-level 0
 ip address aa.aa.aa.aa 255.255.255.0 
!
ftp mode passive
clock timezone GMT 0
dns domain-lookup inside
dns server-group DefaultDNS
 name-server 192.168.5.20
 domain-name foo.com
same-security-traffic permit inter-interface
same-security-traffic permit intra-interface
object-group service RDP tcp
 port-object eq 3389
object-group protocol TCPUDP
 protocol-object udp
 protocol-object tcp
access-list outside_1_cryptomap extended permit ip 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 host Win2008Server 
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 host Win2008Server 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6114 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6112 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6110 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6108 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6106 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6104 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6102 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq 6100 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit udp any interface outside eq sip 
access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any interface outside eq 2222 
pager lines 24
logging enable
logging asdm informational
mtu inside 1500
mtu outside 1500
icmp unreachable rate-limit 1 burst-size 1
no asdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound
nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
static (inside,outside) tcp interface 2222 192.168.5.20 2222 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface sip 192.168.5.10 sip netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6100 192.168.5.10 6100 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6102 192.168.5.10 6102 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6104 192.168.5.10 6104 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6106 192.168.5.10 6106 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6108 192.168.5.10 6108 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6110 192.168.5.10 6110 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6112 192.168.5.10 6112 netmask 255.255.255.255 
static (inside,outside) udp interface 6114 192.168.5.10 6114 netmask 255.255.255.255 
access-group outside_access_in in interface outside
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 aa.aa.aa.aa 1
timeout xlate 3:00:00
timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 icmp 0:00:02
timeout sunrpc 0:10:00 h323 0:05:00 h225 1:00:00 mgcp 0:05:00 mgcp-pat 0:05:00
timeout sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00 sip-invite 0:03:00 sip-disconnect 0:02:00
timeout sip-provisional-media 0:02:00 uauth 0:05:00 absolute
timeout tcp-proxy-reassembly 0:01:00
timeout floating-conn 0:00:00
dynamic-access-policy-record DfltAccessPolicy
http server enable
http 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
http 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 inside
no snmp-server location
no snmp-server contact
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstart
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA esp-3des esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-128-SHA esp-aes esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-128-MD5 esp-aes esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-192-SHA esp-aes-192 esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-192-MD5 esp-aes-192 esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-256-SHA esp-aes-256 esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-256-MD5 esp-aes-256 esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-MD5 esp-3des esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-DES-SHA esp-des esp-sha-hmac 
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-DES-MD5 esp-des esp-md5-hmac 
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime seconds 28800
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime kilobytes 4608000
crypto map outside_map 1 match address outside_1_cryptomap
crypto map outside_map 1 set peer Win2008Server 
crypto map outside_map 1 set transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA
crypto map outside_map interface outside
crypto ca trustpoint _SmartCallHome_ServerCA
 crl configure
crypto ca certificate chain _SmartCallHome_ServerCA
 certificate ca 
  quit
crypto isakmp policy 10
 authentication pre-share
 encryption 3des
 hash sha
 group 2
 lifetime 86400
telnet timeout 5
ssh 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 inside
ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
ssh timeout 10
console timeout 0
dhcpd auto_config outside
!

threat-detection basic-threat
threat-detection statistics access-list
threat-detection statistics tcp-intercept rate-interval 30 burst-rate 400 average-rate 200
webvpn
group-policy DfltGrpPolicy attributes
tunnel-group bb.bb.bb.bb type ipsec-l2l
tunnel-group bb.bb.bb.bb ipsec-attributes
 pre-shared-key *****
!
class-map inspection_default
 match default-inspection-traffic
!
!
policy-map type inspect dns preset_dns_map
 parameters
  message-length maximum client auto
  message-length maximum 512
policy-map global_policy
 class inspection_default
  inspect dns preset_dns_map 
  inspect ftp 
  inspect h323 h225 
  inspect h323 ras 
  inspect rsh 
  inspect rtsp 
  inspect esmtp 
  inspect sqlnet 
  inspect skinny  
  inspect sunrpc 
  inspect xdmcp 
  inspect sip  
  inspect netbios 
  inspect tftp 
  inspect ip-options 
!
service-policy global_policy global
prompt hostname context 
service call-home
call-home reporting anonymous
call-home
 contact-email-addr [email]bizwank@foo.com[/email]
 profile CiscoTAC-1
  destination address http [url]https://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService[/url]
  destination address email [email]callhome@cisco.com[/email]
  destination transport-method http
  subscribe-to-alert-group diagnostic
  subscribe-to-alert-group environment
  subscribe-to-alert-group inventory periodic monthly
  subscribe-to-alert-group configuration periodic monthly
  subscribe-to-alert-group telemetry periodic daily
Cryptochecksum:
: end
asdm location Win2008Server 255.255.255.255 inside
no asdm history enable

Any logs on the windows server? In the log window in ASDM do you see any messages that sound related to VPN? On the ASA if you do a "show isakmp sa" are there any entries?

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

bizwank posted:

go to the cli and do the following

code:
ping inside <ip address of windows server>

show isakmp sa
If the tunnel is being established you should see it listed here. If it's not being established the issue is most likely going to be something is messed up with the cryptomap isakmp encryption selection, or the certificate. This would require using debug to further isolate and identify the problem in negotiation.

Are you using the ASDM at all or just CLI? If you're in the ASDM you can pull up the site to site settings and verify them with the settings on the other end pretty easy.

One other thing to also make sure is that the subnet that you're trying to start the tunnel from is listed in your protected tunnels. From glancing at your config it appears that the subnet that the ASA interface is on is included in the crypto map, but if say you've got additional segmentation (ie 192.168.15.0/24) that you're trying to run across the tunnel, you're not going to get across because the only protected network is the 192.168.5.0.

If segmentation isn't the issue, and you've got all of your isakmp transform sets configured correctly, I'd double check your certificate to make sure that it's being trusted on both ends.

edit: And follow any advice Tremblay gives you over me, my knowledge is from hacking stuff together until it works, he really knows his poo poo.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

A ping and a show isakmp sa from the CLI got me nothing, but a ping from the Windows side resulted in this:

code:
5  Nov 06 2011	13:27:45  713904  Group = bb.bb.bb.bb, IP = bb.bb.bb.bb, Received encrypted Oakley Main Mode packet with invalid payloads, MessID = 0
4  Nov 06 2011	13:27:45  713903  Group = bb.bb.bb.bb, IP = bb.bb.bb.bb, ERROR, had problems decrypting packet, probably due to mismatched pre-shared key.  Aborting
So that's pretty self-explanitory, but I just double-checked the keys and they do match. Here's the log from the Windows side:

code:
During main mode negotiation, IPsec received an invalid negotiation packet. If this problem persists, it could indicate a network issue or an attempt to modify or replay this negotiation.

Local Network Address:	bb.bb.bb.bb
Remote Network Address:	aa.aa.aa.aa
Keying Module Name:	IKEv1

An IPsec main mode negotiation failed.

Local Endpoint:
	Local Principal Name:	-
	Network Address:	bb.bb.bb.bb
	Keying Module Port:	500

Remote Endpoint:
	Principal Name:		-
	Network Address:	aa.aa.aa.aa
	Keying Module Port:	500

Additional Information:
	Keying Module Name:	IKEv1
	Authentication Method:	Preshared key
	Role:			Initiator
	Impersonation State:	Not enabled
	Main Mode Filter ID:	145817

Failure Information:
	Failure Point:		Local computer
	Failure Reason:		Negotiation timed out

State:			Sent third (ID) payload
	Initiator Cookie:		f854c085317ffc03
	Responder Cookie:	827306ad5196ca13

We're only using the one class-c; through poking through the ASDM I think I found most of the VPN settings but it appears there's many different ways to set it up on the Windows side and I have no documentation about what exactly was done there.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
What version of Windows Server 2003 or 2008?

If you got to Start -> Run -> MMC <enter>

Add/Remove Snap-in -> IP Security Policies

Click on the policy and then edit

On the Authentication Methods Tab is there only Preshared Key or multiple listings?

On the Security Methods Tab, what are the methods (in order)

Is the "Use session key perfect forwarding secrecy (PFS)" box checked?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Is the window box being natted going out from wherever it is, thus the source address/port is different then what you think it is? Also what do the logs on the ASA look like?

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Tremblay posted:

What version of Windows Server 2003 or 2008?
If you got to Start -> Run -> MMC <enter>
Add/Remove Snap-in -> IP Security Policies
Click on the policy and then edit
On the Authentication Methods Tab is there only Preshared Key or multiple listings?
On the Security Methods Tab, what are the methods (in order)
Is the "Use session key perfect forwarding secrecy (PFS)" box checked?
2008 R2, preshared key only, and I don't see a Security Methods tab nor that check box.

Powercrazy posted:

Is the window box being natted going out from wherever it is, thus the source address/port is different then what you think it is? Also what do the logs on the ASA look like?
The Windows box has a single public IP, no NAT or filtering. When I try to ping the LAN side of the Cisco from the Windows box I get the errors in my previous post; is there something else I should be looking for in the ASA logs?

WhatIsLife
Apr 26, 2011

by angerbot
I think this would be the place to ask...
I just purchased a Linksys WRT150N wireless router. I set it up and everything is working fine, I can connect to the wireless network from my laptop. However, if I try to connect to the wireless network with my Xbox 360, it instantly disconnects my computer. I've tried unplugging and replugging everything. It's almost like it just doesn't have the power to handle my computer using the internet AND Xbox Live. This isn't the case, is it?

Please help, I'm really hoping I didn't waste fourty dollars on this router. :(

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

WhatIsLife posted:

I think this would be the place to ask...
I just purchased a Linksys WRT150N wireless router. I set it up and everything is working fine, I can connect to the wireless network from my laptop. However, if I try to connect to the wireless network with my Xbox 360, it instantly disconnects my computer. I've tried unplugging and replugging everything. It's almost like it just doesn't have the power to handle my computer using the internet AND Xbox Live. This isn't the case, is it?

Please help, I'm really hoping I didn't waste fourty dollars on this router. :(
Not really the right place to ask this, this is more a Cisco enterprise thread (Linksys is completely different, Cisco just bought them out and slapped their logo on). Having said that, does the WRT150N have any kind of activity logs that might indicate why your laptop is being disconnected? You didn't clone your laptop's MAC address onto your Xbox 360 or anything out of the ordinary like that did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

bizwank posted:

2008 R2, preshared key only, and I don't see a Security Methods tab nor that check box.

The Windows box has a single public IP, no NAT or filtering. When I try to ping the LAN side of the Cisco from the Windows box I get the errors in my previous post; is there something else I should be looking for in the ASA logs?

I suspect the issue is with phase 1, not the PSK but the diffie or encryption setting. I'm sorry I've never tried to do this with 2k8 and don't have a box handy. Are you east coast or west?