Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
Scored some E65 wheels and tyres for a massive $200 for the daily.

And cleaned the Evo up for a park-up.Sorry about the watermark. Waiting for my cams to turn up so I can chuck in a FP Red, injectors and wait for the bottom end to go boom. Then go 2.3 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am a loving retard.

1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE with 125k. And to be honest, it is one of the most awesome trucks ever. It is a bit of a turd on the road, but drat it is awesome at 80. The air ride was swapped to coils, which I would rather have.

As long as the electrics work, it'll be fine...

My Land Rover is slightly older..

(sorry for the tilt-shift fuckery, only pic I have on my phone...)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I've said it before, but drat that's a cool truck reddeathdrinker.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Thehit posted:

This color, man. :gay:

:iia:

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
My dealer just sent me a photo:

Fresh out of the factory, 2012 Sonic LTZ Turbo. I can pick it up tonight!

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Thehit posted:

And cleaned the Evo up for a park-up.Sorry about the watermark. Waiting for my cams to turn up so I can chuck in a FP Red, injectors and wait for the bottom end to go boom. Then go 2.3 :)

Oh my god, more pictures of the Evo please.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Frozen-Solid posted:

My dealer just sent me a photo:

Fresh out of the factory, 2012 Sonic LTZ Turbo. I can pick it up tonight!

I will be the first to admit it. I like it. It looks like it has all the makings of a hot hatch!

Thehit posted:

As massive of a headache E38's are... they are by far one of the best looking rides on the road. Next to the E39 M5, that's by far one of the best looking BMW's built Not a bad find for 200 bucks!

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 16, 2012

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I will be the first to admit it. I like it. It looks like it has all the makings of a hot hatch!

Yeah, when I saw the model on the showroom floor and took it for a test drive, I fell in love. I really didn't expect it to be as fun to drive as it was, not after all the horror stories about the Aveo. I also test drove a Rio and a Fit, but I didn't like either of those near as much. The Rio was close though.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

War Bunny posted:

Read through this entire thread, thought I better post my daddy-mobile.

And my favorite sticker.

:3:

This. This is the greatest. Only thing that would make it better would be to give him his 80's/90's hair.

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009

Belldandy posted:

Oh my god, more pictures of the Evo please.

Sure! :D

The plate was a joke, just so you know.

Need to take some proper photos of the engine bay, but it's

with a proper cold air box made up and intercooler piping for now.

Haha just saw the post about the colour, it's certainly polarising, but it grows on you, and for a standard colour it's more interesting than the normal white/silver you normally see the VIs in.

Thehit fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 16, 2012

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Blue is the best car colo(u)r :colbert:

M3 #2

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Getting settled in nicely I see.

I really want to try driving a RHD car.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

Das Volk posted:

M3 #2

That is loving beautiful.

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.

Das Volk posted:

Goddamn. I almost got a Rising Blue (a metallic shade like that gorgeous M3) Golf R instead of pearl/metallic black and now I'm all :smith:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Das Volk posted:

It may be because I am BMW fan... But the E90's and E60's have about the best looking interiors of any recent car. And the carbon fiber is a really nice touch... I may have to do that in my car. The next best looking has to be the E39.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I really have to stop going to auctions.

I was hoping the hood scoop was glued on. :negative: I'm going to pull it off anyways and patch the holes.

Genuine cow interior. Completely loaded. Power sunroof, power rear window, Heated real leather seats, factory subwoofer, all the good stuff.

And i finally own something that does more than 14mpg!

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

I really want to try driving a RHD car.

The first time I went to downshift I actually opened the drivers side door. :psyduck:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It may be because I am BMW fan... But the E90's and E60's have about the best looking interiors of any recent car. And the carbon fiber is a really nice touch... I may have to do that in my car. The next best looking has to be the E39.

What specifically do you like about them?

It reminds me too much of a frank ghery building (a bad thing)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Das Volk posted:

That interior looks so boring and cheap from that photo. I'm sure it isn't, but still, be nice if they used some more colours rather than drab dark grey.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
So I go and schedule new replacement's for my RS-A's. I decide on the RS3-A's because of the stellar reviews and the reasonable price. I explain when I schedule that I had a bad experience with my prior vehicle (SLT Envoy). In which the tire place scratched my polished aluminum wheels and installed the center cap incorrectly. The cap fell off on my way home. So I have been extremely cautious and worried when it came time to get new tires for the G8. I explained what had happened before at a competitor and specifically asked to have the most senior tech do the work.

Tonight I drop the car off, then trust that they will do a good job. I go to dinner and come back. They are just finishing up the alignment and all looks promising. They car is done and they proceed to park it in the lot. I go out to inspect the car for scratches and the like before I sign off on anything.
LF wheel, check.
LR wheel, check.
RR wheel, check.
RF wheel, check... wait minute.

I walk to the front of the car and see its nose sitting up on the curb. I swear I can't catch a break. The manager comes out and offers some touch up paint. Which is nice, but this is yet another reason why I swear people shrug this car off as "just a pontiac".

All things considered the cooper tires seem to be very quiet, ride well and handle a hell of a lot better than my RSA's.

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 17, 2012

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.
You see if its something I accidentally did myself, to my own vehicle (I actually have on a lovely concrete ramp, not realizing my new Golf is just a couple centimeters lower stock than my previous Golf) I would shrug and deal. Its a car, the whole outside of it is exposed to the elements and road debris and dings and things are sometimes pretty unavoidable.

When its done by someone whose job is quite literally "being careful with someone else's car"? What the gently caress, man. At least, being the underside of a front lip, it won't be too noticeable :ohdear:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

I really have to stop going to auctions.
Nice truck (too bad about the 'mods'). Still got your WRX?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 17, 2012

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Nice truck (too bad about the 'mods'). Still got your WRX?

yeah, probably going to be rebuilding it this summer.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This is funny because I was thinking it was pretty plain and nothing great. Outside looks phenomenal.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

SFH1989 posted:

My daily driver 1989 F-150, 4x4, 302. Had just under 67,000 mile on it when I bought it in 05, 84,000 now.

1971 Ford LTD convertible, 429. This car was given to me shortly after I got my truck.

Posted that over three years ago still have both of these. My truck bow has 109,000 miles on it. I really need to work on the LTD more and make another project thread.

My truck is no longer my daily driver. I got this on Saturday:

2011 Fiesta SES with 13k on it. I absolutely love it so far. I drove to Delaware from CT to pick it because it was the closet one with options I liked: loaded (except for sunroof and some small suff) with a manual.

I swear I'm not a "bleed blue" Ford fan, they just happen to make a lot of stuff I like.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

_firehawk posted:

This picture is making me very nervous.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

This picture is making me very nervous.

Me too. I keep hearing the sound that I imagine the kid's teeth made on the curb in American History X.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It's extremely functional and a very nice place to be. I like all the little details like the blue stitching in the leather, but then again you really don't notice the interior when you have that much car to play with.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

siliciferous posted:

Goddamn. I almost got a Rising Blue (a metallic shade like that gorgeous M3) Golf R instead of pearl/metallic black and now I'm all :smith:

Rising Blue is the best Golf R color.

Johnny Mash
May 21, 2007
I hope to see you soon in La La Land
Sorry ugly colour now. I recently got an '07 Toyota CamryAurion.

Unnaturally occurring palm trees spotted!

Sure, the wheels are ugly. And the colour is ugly. The novelty-sized Toyota badge and tow ball are both detrimentally ugly.
However, on the inside, the interior seems plastic-y and ultimately ugly. The snoozy 6sp slushbox response is ugly. They dropped the -gently caress from describing why the cluster is so ugly. Even the clock is bone ugly.
Aurgly. :cripes:

But, we're friends all the same.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
The wheels are boring, but the rest is awesome. Especially the hitch.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

Johnny Mash posted:

Sure, the wheels are ugly. And the colour is ugly. The novelty-sized Toyota badge and tow ball are both detrimentally ugly.
However, on the inside, the interior seems plastic-y and ultimately ugly. The snoozy 6sp slushbox response is ugly. They dropped the -gently caress from describing why the cluster is so ugly. Even the clock is bone ugly.

Hey, at least you have that. My 09 Subaru rocks a 70's-era 4-speed auto that I want to tear out and throw into the nearest active volcano.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Johnny Mash posted:

I don't understand why we don't get Camrys like these in the US. It's so much nicer looking than the poo poo we get here. Reminds me of the Kizashi.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Blame the focus groups.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I a a fan also but I think the interiors are downright bring. I like Audi interiors the best.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

XCPuff posted:

This is funny because I was thinking it was pretty plain and nothing great. Outside looks phenomenal.

It is simple, strait forward and functional.

I have seen other dashboards that just seem to just cram as much poo poo into one area. Granted the iDrive is a little clunky, but after about a week of use, it becomes second nature. iDrive takes all that poo poo, puts into neat organized menus.

Plus the seating in a BMW is pretty drat awesome. Especially the sport seats, with the leg extensions for taller people.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Johnny Mash posted:

Then why the heck did you buy it when it is obvious that you hate nearly everything about it? Or did you have no decision there?

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009
BMW interiors are dreadful. I owned both a BMW 3 Series and a Mercedes C class at the same time, and the Mercedes interior won hands down. In fact, I would say my Peugeot interior was even better than my BMW interior. iDrive is a nightmare compared to COMAND, combined with the button strip and poor aesthetics I can't see how anyone thinks this is a desirable interior unless they've spent their life submerged in the giant black dial world of domestic interiors.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Picked up my car last night and it's awesome. Rides great, the 1.4L turbo puts the 1.8L to shame, and it looks so much cooler in person than on the Chevy site.

Now I need a black license plate cover for the front :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Frozen-Solid posted:

Now I need a black license plate cover for the front :(

The car looks cool (the dash especially for a car in that class), the back looks like it was spit out of a cliche grinder.